• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Infinity.Creates

Juice Bar (Hangout / General Chat)

Recommended Posts

Welcome to the new challenge!

 

The Juice Bar is here again, with fresh new recipes, and is a place for fellow rebels to hang out, talk, ask and give advice, talk about cats or cryptography or creations or card games or (someone else come up with something beginning with a 'c' please). Talk about whether or not you will be moving to other guilds, or why you've come back, or why you've come to NerdFitness for the first time. 

Feel free to make yourselves comfortable in the Juice Bar, show us your best gif, and welcome to the new challenge and this community!

(I'm serious about the gif part)

 

Image result for hello gif

 

** For any new people, don't hesitate to ask me or anyone for assistance. If you want specific Nerd Fitness advice, try and talk to someone with 500+ posts under their name. If you want their attention, ask in this thread (or their thread), PM them (click on their name and click message), or @ tag them in the thread.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

d21b35d6074ba1a4360b7152d7a69228.gif

 

Obligatory gif!

 

I'm not doing a challenge this time around because the timing is awful for me, but I've been here for 3 years so if anyone has questions I'm happy to help!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some "c" topics.... hmmmm.....

  • Carbon Dating
  • Chinchillas!
  • Cincinnati
  • Charlie Chaplin Movies
  • Chia Seeds AND Pets

6ee696a8912026ad143c16cce48f8c05.jpg

 

I'm sticking with the rebels because I'm not sure yet what other guilds I'd fit in.  My ultimate goal is to head over to Druids.  I'd like VERY MUCH to get back into yoga - but it's been so long I really need to takes some classes - but with my travel schedule - it's not happening.  And honestly - to join a nice studio is pricey and I don't have the spare cash at the moment.

I HAVE decided on a killer app to write - so my free time for the next few months will be taken up with 1) Working on getting hubby's family properties SOLD and 2) Working on said killer app.  Who knows, maybe this time next year I can sell it and retire LOL.  A girl can dream!  All I can say about the app is that it fills a gap I see in the marketplace that  no one is properly filling - but if I say more someone else might beat me to market and I need to act on it now.  I haven't programmed in a while and it's all new tools - so I'm kind of excited to LEARN ALL THE THINGS.

I will, of course, pop into here when I can.  I wish I could spend more time supporting others - but I'll do what I can!

I've already posted my plans for this challenge - and they start today for me - because I'll totally fall off the wagon if I don't keep plugging away.

Have a great week everyone!  I'm off to the airport in a bit to fly to my next client!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucky me! My challenge theme is actually a "C" topic: Chakras. You can follow the link in my signature. Expect a lot of A:TLA pics and gifs in this challenge, as well as a lot of references to meditation. I'm an adventurer at heart, so the Adventurers guild shall remain my home. I've made some really great friends these past few challenges, and I'm hoping to make even more.

 

giphy.gif

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C... conquer. I am feeling conquered, and I need to be become the conqueror. Life has got me down and I'm really debating whether or not to do another challenge. I've done the last two with some success, but I have felt over-committed and I'm just not sure if I should sign up for another or if I should take a break. I thought about making a challenge that would force me to take a break, but I can't quite figure out how to do that either. I just kind of need to keep my head down and check off some tasks to get myself caught up. I guess I could figure something out about that. I don't want to miss out on the camaraderie here in the forums by skipping the challenge, so that is probably my answer.

 

You guys are such great listeners :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, J3NN said:

C... conquer. I am feeling conquered, and I need to be become the conqueror. Life has got me down and I'm really debating whether or not to do another challenge. I've done the last two with some success, but I have felt over-committed and I'm just not sure if I should sign up for another or if I should take a break. I thought about making a challenge that would force me to take a break, but I can't quite figure out how to do that either. I just kind of need to keep my head down and check off some tasks to get myself caught up. I guess I could figure something out about that. I don't want to miss out on the camaraderie here in the forums by skipping the challenge, so that is probably my answer.

 

You guys are such great listeners :)

The 3 challenges before this one I focused on self care-type habits and didn't grade it, just checked off whether I did the things and had an attitude of "I will do these as often as I can because I know they'll help me manage stress, but it's okay if I don't do them." It was journaling, meditation, and repeating a mantra, I think. So I got to hang out in the challenge forum but without the stress.

 

I'm skipping this challenge myself because finals + graduation = no time for anything else, but I'm still going to try to do the above-mentioned things and make some other small tweaks where I can. 

 

So this was a really long way of saying do whatever you want/whatever works best. You don't always have to follow the suggested challenge format and focus on diet/physical fitness goals.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm, I'm going with 'Carefree'. I joined the Rebellion in 2014, but life was very stressful and I couldn't keep up visiting the forums. I'll probably write a bit more about that in my challenge topic. Now I'm back, I'm focused on taking care of myself and eliminating the stresses in my life as much as I can (hence 'Carefree'). Best of luck to everyone!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, J3NN said:

C... conquer. I am feeling conquered, and I need to be become the conqueror. Life has got me down and I'm really debating whether or not to do another challenge. I've done the last two with some success, but I have felt over-committed and I'm just not sure if I should sign up for another or if I should take a break. I thought about making a challenge that would force me to take a break, but I can't quite figure out how to do that either. I just kind of need to keep my head down and check off some tasks to get myself caught up. I guess I could figure something out about that. I don't want to miss out on the camaraderie here in the forums by skipping the challenge, so that is probably my answer.

 

You guys are such great listeners :)

Make a couple of goals about anything. Bed time. Taking time for yourself. Eat a veggie. Make it small.  I know if I take a challenge off, I won't come back for a looking time.,

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kvedulf said:

Damn it, now I want to do a dinosaur challenge :P

 

1) Eat your veggies like a triceratops.

2) Get enough protein like a ceratosaurus.

3) Sprint like a velociraptor.

 

Or something like that. :) 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cantaloupe.

 

I dunno. 

 

I'm in the rebels this time because I can't decide on one specific guild to fit in with. I like all the things. 

 

I returned to NF at the start of this year. Hopped between the Assassins and Druids and now I'm here. I'm doing some gym stuff and meal prep and jewellery design and journalling. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2017 at 8:50 AM, Kvedulf said:

That gif is quite possibly yhr greatest thing I have seen in days. 

 

Glad I could make your day. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2017 at 3:41 PM, J3NN said:

C... conquer. I am feeling conquered, and I need to be become the conqueror. Life has got me down and I'm really debating whether or not to do another challenge. I've done the last two with some success, but I have felt over-committed and I'm just not sure if I should sign up for another or if I should take a break. I thought about making a challenge that would force me to take a break, but I can't quite figure out how to do that either. I just kind of need to keep my head down and check off some tasks to get myself caught up. I guess I could figure something out about that. I don't want to miss out on the camaraderie here in the forums by skipping the challenge, so that is probably my answer.

 

You guys are such great listeners :)

As others have said, you can make it as small or as large as you want. But make it simple, make it something you CAN do. Focus on self-care, and make sure that you are only doing 4 or less topics. You can make a challenge to just do one things every day - like go to bed before 11pm. And that's all you will focus on.

 

 

On 4/18/2017 at 3:02 AM, fleaball said:

I lied. I made a thread because even though I have a battle log I wanted to hang out here too. 

:D

Image result for simpsons gif you can never leave

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, IAmInfinite said:

As others have said, you can make it as small or as large as you want. But make it simple, make it something you CAN do. Focus on self-care, and make sure that you are only doing 4 or less topics. You can make a challenge to just do one things every day - like go to bed before 11pm. And that's all you will focus on.

 

tldnr; Even if you're only able of focusing on one thing - it works.  JUST DO IT!

 

That is PRACTICALLY what it took for me to focus on my sleep patterns and taking my probiotic daily.  And it worked.  I am getting MUCH better quality sleep and the probiotic has resolved my "tummy issues" and it has helped in SO many ways.  They're still in my goals this challenge (although the sleep goal a bit less specific - so I don't "forget" I need to focus on that).

Ultimately, I need to lose a lot of fat.  In a nutshell, I need to eat fewer calories and expend more.  I've always been an "all or nothing" type person.  And honestly, if I could take a month off and go to a Health Spa, I could probably reset everything (so could a lot of people).  But since that's not in the cards financially - and it's REALLY difficult to do those things while travelling and not kill anyone, I'm doing the snails pace method.  Even THAT I struggled with.  I either really got it down to bare bones the last couple of challenges or something "clicked" (probably both).  And I'm slowly making progress with my HABITS.  I know if I stick with them and slowly build healthier habits, the weight (fat) will come off.

No scales.  No measurements.  My goal is to feel better, feel better about myself, and be able to buy clothes at "normal" stores.  Although I've finally found a store that sells things in my size that are comfortable and appropriate for work - the second Delta loses my luggage (not that I check often), I'm screwed.  It would be awesome to know if that happened, I could walk into a Kohl's and find something to wear to a client site on short notice if I had to (skirt, blouse and shoes).  As it is, that can't happen.  And I HATE it!
 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idea: I really liked the cooking challenge last go round.  How 'bout we do that again.  Maybe the first challenge are QUICK single serve meals?

For instance, right now I'm eating something I threw together for lunch in < 5 min (I'm at home, but you could pre-cook the broccoli and bring it in and do this anywhere you have a microwave).

Quick Tuna Mac
1 "heat a cup" of Mac & Cheese - I used Annie's Aged Cheddar single serving cup (it's actually QUITE good)
Handful of Fresh Broccoli Florets (the kind in the bag)

2 tsp butter (optional)
1 pouch (single serving) Tuna or salmon or chicken

.25 oz shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
 

  • I popped a nonstick skillet on the stove and put it on high (you may want to give a few more seconds for electric to heat up).  
  • Opened up the Mac & Cheese cup, took out packet, added water to fill line, popped it in the microwave.  Cook on high for 2 min (read box for your microwave setting\time)
  • Popped the butter in the skillet with the broccoli - added a pinch of salt (again - optional).  Stirred until microwave dinged
  • Grabbed the cup out of the micro, turned off broccoli and let SIT in the pan (it will brown slightly on one side - this is yummy)
  • Stirred the cheese packet into macaroni
  • Popped the broccoli into a large bowl, cut up a bit into smaller pieces.  
  • Added the tuna on top of broccoli.
  •  Added the optional little bit of fresh cheese.
  • Dumped in the Mac & Cheese
  • Stir and CHOW DOWN!
     

As written:

394 Calories, 41g Carb, 14g Fat, 28g Protein, 3g Sugar, 700mg Sodium (well, I DID you pre-packaged Mac & cheese)

If you drop the butter\cheese, that removes 80 calories & 8g of fat.  So if those are a concern, you can do that.

You could EASILY steam the broccoli in the microwave - just add to a bowl, add 1 tsp-ish of water and nuke on high for 1 minute.  Done :)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Athaclena said:

Idea: I really liked the cooking challenge last go round.  How 'bout we do that again.  Maybe the first challenge are QUICK single serve meals?

For instance, right now I'm eating something I threw together for lunch in < 5 min (I'm at home, but you could pre-cook the broccoli and bring it in and do this anywhere you have a microwave).

Quick Tuna Mac
1 "heat a cup" of Mac & Cheese - I used Annie's Aged Cheddar single serving cup (it's actually QUITE good)
Handful of Fresh Broccoli Florets (the kind in the bag)

2 tsp butter (optional)
1 pouch (single serving) Tuna or salmon or chicken

.25 oz shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
 

  • I popped a nonstick skillet on the stove and put it on high (you may want to give a few more seconds for electric to heat up).  
  • Opened up the Mac & Cheese cup, took out packet, added water to fill line, popped it in the microwave.  Cook on high for 2 min (read box for your microwave setting\time)
  • Popped the butter in the skillet with the broccoli - added a pinch of salt (again - optional).  Stirred until microwave dinged
  • Grabbed the cup out of the micro, turned off broccoli and let SIT in the pan (it will brown slightly on one side - this is yummy)
  • Stirred the cheese packet into macaroni
  • Popped the broccoli into a large bowl, cut up a bit into smaller pieces.  
  • Added the tuna on top of broccoli.
  •  Added the optional little bit of fresh cheese.
  • Dumped in the Mac & Cheese
  • Stir and CHOW DOWN!
     

As written:

394 Calories, 41g Carb, 14g Fat, 28g Protein, 3g Sugar, 700mg Sodium (well, I DID you pre-packaged Mac & cheese)

If you drop the butter\cheese, that removes 80 calories & 8g of fat.  So if those are a concern, you can do that.

You could EASILY steam the broccoli in the microwave - just add to a bowl, add 1 tsp-ish of water and nuke on high for 1 minute.  Done :)

 

This sounds amazing and now I'm hungry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Athaclena said:

For instance, right now I'm eating something I threw together for lunch in < 5 min (I'm at home, but you could pre-cook the broccoli and bring it in and do this anywhere you have a microwave).

 

3 hours ago, fleaball said:

This sounds amazing and now I'm hungry. 

 

I agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone resembling an Admin throws a sticky thread up, I'll move that recipe over there.  And tomorrow I'll post one of my high protein, microwave in a cup (or small bowl), breakfast cakes :)  I'll be "spotty" in my posting due to my travel - but I do enjoy sharing and helping others (and it keeps me on track - mostly LOL).  I just can't read\post in everyone's threads.  Maybe someday when I write my "killer app", sell it and retire LOL.

Full disclosure - a long time ago I did Nutrisystem.  So I have a metric ton of single serving meal recipes LOL.  They're mostly high in protein and low in calorie - which also tends to make them low-GI.  But for specific things like gluten free, vegan\vegetarian, they'll require finagling - which I'm more than happy to help with if folks want\need such things!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@J3NN I fully appreciate how you feel, sometimes there just isn't room to take on a challenge on top of everything else that's going on in your life.  I like fleaball's idea of just having a list of things you'd like to accomplish, without the pressure of scoring/grading.  Or just picking one thing to aim for, like getting to bed on time, drinking enough water, taking some "me" time.  

 

Your challenge doesn't have to be another thing to stress over, you could even just start a thread and use it like a mini Battle Log and we can all come hang out with you. ;) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Plazmotic said:

I guess you could say my challenge theme is... Consistency. Sounds boring. Should have picked something cooler like Carbuncle or Crepuscular.

That's mine!  Building habits.  And I'm not grading.  Why?  I have a high stress job that has me traveling at the drop of a hat (well, not recently - it's been planned way in advance LOL), on calls with C-level employees at client sites, etc. And did I mention deadlines?  I get "graded" enough.  I know what I need to do.  And that is build habits and be consistent!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.