• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Infinity.Creates

Juice Bar (Hangout / General Chat)

As promised - another quick recipe!  I'm going to give the ingredients and steps - then give you tips to how you can take it to work.  Back when I went to an office every day, this is totally what I had for breakfast!

Quick Breakfast Pancake in a Bowl

• 1/3 cup Pancake Mix (any will do)
  • 1 packet sweetener (sugar, stevia, splenda, etc) - optional, but I find it needs a LITTLE sweetener)
  • 1/2 tsp. each Cinnamon & Powdered Ginger
  • 1/2 cup Applesauce (which just so happens to be the single serving cup size)
  • 1 egg

In a bowl, beat the egg & applesauce together.  Add the dry ingredients.  Mix.  It will have the consistency of pancake batter. Microwave on high until JUST cooked.  In my 1200 W microwave, 2 minutes - so start there and add 30 sec at a time until it is just dry.

Nutrition as written:

Calories 310, Carbs 53, Fat 7g, Protein 10g, 565mg Sodium

Now - you can TOTALLY change the flavor profile by changing up the spices:

Gingerbread: 1 tsp Ginger (no cinnamon)

Spice Cake: 1/2 tsp. each Powdered Ginger & Cardamom

And - just how did I take this to work every day?

Crack open your egg and put in one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Easy-Find-Storage-Piece/dp/B0012DMSTK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1492782163&sr=8-6&keywords=small+tupperware

Put your dry ingredients in one of these: https://www.amazon.com/CorningWare-French-Pop-Ins-16-Ounce-Plastic/dp/B00P07YBYY/ref=sr_1_12?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1492782352&sr=1-12&keywords=corningware

And bring a single serve cup of applesauce.  I've also used OTHER fruit sauces.  Mix it all up in the corningware, pop it into the microwave at work and bask it all the glory of everyone asking what the heck you brought for breakfast that smells so good!

While I use a store bought pancake mix currently - once I finish up the ones I have I'm going to make my own mix.  Lots of recipes online for how to do that!

• Like 3

How filling do you find this to be? I really struggle with breakfast, this seems great, but I wonder if I'd be hungry in an hour.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, J3NN said:

How filling do you find this to be? I really struggle with breakfast, this seems great, but I wonder if I'd be hungry in an hour.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wasn't hungry for at LEAST 4 hours..... I ate that at 9am then had lunch about 1:30 w\o hunger issues.

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm a lapsed newbie.  I last came by nearly 2 years ago.  I'm so over being unfit!  Downloading apps and buying DVDs isn't enough apparently, I actually need to do something.  So I've made a plan, and I'm channelling Shaun the Sheep.

giphy.gif

I'm off to start a challenge thread now!

• Like 5

I'm also going to try that instal-pancake! Next week though, as I've just made a breakfast frittata for the week xD dangit, should have got on here first before I did my food shopping and prep. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IAmInfinite said:

AHHHHHHH New challenge start!!!

Image result for running around gif

GPOY. My goals aren't really time intensive (done on purpose) and yet I'm like "wahhhh I have to do the things!"

And it's officially the start!  Let's get this done!

Full disclosure, I was craving real pancakes so I'm not going to hit my calorie goal today.  But they were home made so at least I know what's in them.  Right?  

• Like 1

On 2017-04-19 at 4:38 PM, SirJoshHafer said:

1237811519_chuck-norris-approves.gif

Remember that when Chuck Norris does a push up, he isn't pushing himself up, he's pushing the Earth down. Isn't that the right mindset to start the challenge with? ;)

1 hour ago, Athaclena said:

Interesting study.  Just thought I'd post it here - because a lot of us have very little time for workouts.....

https://www.inc.com/melanie-curtin/science-says-1-minute-of-this-kind-of-exercise-may-equal-45-minutes-of-jogging.html

Interesting!

• Like 1

On 4/21/2017 at 0:30 PM, Athaclena said:

I wasn't hungry for at LEAST 4 hours.

I made the yummy pancake. I thought I had Ginger, but I didn't, I did have pumpkin pie spice so I substituted that. It was delish. I also skipped the sweetener and topped with a little bit of pancake syrup to give me the sweet. I can't say I was full for four hours. But I definitely wasn't starving and made it through the entire morning. I appreciate you sharing and giving me something new for my breakfast options! I love that it's stuff I have on had usually so it makes it easy to mix it in the routine. Thank you @Athaclena!

• Like 2

fyi @ everyone I'm totally trying to check in on every thread at least once. I was so close to getting everyone today but I had to work on a paper and then suddenly 10 new threads appeared! so if I haven't come to bother you yet, never fear. It will happen.

• Like 5

Chaos is my C word, there is too much of it and its not all my Agents of Chaos's fault. With their school year ending, my semester ending, work being nuts and then all the spring stuff ( Garden, their activities, family stuff). I need to remember that its okay for me to take the time to deal with some of it. I am looking forward to hopefully finding people who can pop in and remind me that life is more than just 1 of my quests at a time. I have 3 big ones between Quest: get the Degree, Quest: Be a mom/wife/housekeeper and Quest: Get HEALTHY. All are just as important as the others. Now to see if I can practice what I am selling.

I am a rebel since I am still very new and I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. The upside to this is that you all are very fun to read and very creative.

• Like 6

Hey all, when you're visiting other Rebels don't forgot to hit the last few pages of the forum and check in on people who haven't posted in a few days. Sometimes that's all it takes to bring someone back when they're MIA and feeling down. :)

• Like 6

Image result for i rise gif

After a long long (really too long) hiatus from posting on Rebel threads, here comes my first spam of the challenge! 

I apologise for the constant name at the front page, but I trust it will all dissapear soon enough! :P Come one Rebels, let's support each other!

• Like 5

Hey errrbody, I'm bumping some of the neglected threads to check in on people. 

I just wanted to remind everyone that if you're having trouble with your goals or struggling to figure something out, we're here! You can PM people, post in this thread or your own, anywhere you feel comfortable. You're welcome to ask a question in my thread too, just ignore the terrible puns on the first page. :) We're here for you! Especially if you're thinking of giving up on something, let's see if we can work out a solution first. 

• Like 6

Juice sounds amazing right now. I can't wait til our bulk import order from The Flying Pig comes in so we have our 12 liters of almond milk and can go at making smoothies for like every snack/meal/IV drip again!!

• Like 2

So dumb question that I have no idea where to put. This challenge ends basically tomorrow.

The banner at the top of the forum still advertises this as the newest challenge, and they don't have anything up for the next challenge in a week? Is this normal and I am just not paying attention?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

So dumb question that I have no idea where to put. This challenge ends basically tomorrow.

The banner at the top of the forum still advertises this as the newest challenge, and they don't have anything up for the next challenge in a week? Is this normal and I am just not paying attention?

Not dumb! Perfectly valid question. Today (5/20) is the last day, officially. I can't find the thread with the challenge dates for the rest of the year, but there will be at least one week before the next one starts. At some point between now and then they'll put up the new boards. They're not consistent with when they get them up. I think for the last challenge they'd already made the new ones by Saturday night? But in the past it's taken a few days. 

tl;dr this is more or less normal. Just keep refreshing.

• Like 1

Hey all, sorry for dropping off toward the end of the challenge. 

How did it go for everyone? While we're waiting for the new boards to appear, can we help with anything? Figuring out tweaks to make you more successful, choosing between goals, planning ways to deal with unexpected roadblocks in the future? Is there anything you just want to talk out?

• Like 1

On 5/20/2017 at 4:03 PM, fleaball said:

Not dumb! Perfectly valid question. Today (5/20) is the last day, officially. I can't find the thread with the challenge dates for the rest of the year, but there will be at least one week before the next one starts. At some point between now and then they'll put up the new boards. They're not consistent with when they get them up. I think for the last challenge they'd already made the new ones by Saturday night? But in the past it's taken a few days. 

tl;dr this is more or less normal. Just keep refreshing.

Ok, for some reason I thought it changed earlier last challenge. But its good to know i am not the only one who gets a bit random about posting things. Thanks for the help @fleaball.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, fleaball said:

Hey all, sorry for dropping off toward the end of the challenge. 

How did it go for everyone? While we're waiting for the new boards to appear, can we help with anything? Figuring out tweaks to make you more successful, choosing between goals, planning ways to deal with unexpected roadblocks in the future? Is there anything you just want to talk out?

I think overall I probably did better than I think, however, I let myself get into my head too much and I need to figure out how to stop that. I want to be on this path, I want to feel better. I Just need to stop doing the "And then life explodes and I don't do it" problem. My hope is that sinces summer will be in full swing, I will get my act together.

And @fleaball Thank you for being the unofficial leader around here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Ok, for some reason I thought it changed earlier last challenge. But its good to know i am not the only one who gets a bit random about posting things. Thanks for the help @fleaball.

I'm pretty sure last challenge they changed it halfway through Saturday, so you're not imagining things. 

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I think overall I probably did better than I think, however, I let myself get into my head too much and I need to figure out how to stop that. I want to be on this path, I want to feel better. I Just need to stop doing the "And then life explodes and I don't do it" problem. My hope is that sinces summer will be in full swing, I will get my act together.

And @fleaball Thank you for being the unofficial leader around here.

I think you did too! It's hard to see your own successes though, especially when you don't reach the level you wanted to. 

What about a reduced plan for when life explodes? Like if you have 4 goals, when things get crazy you'll do two of them, or shorter versions of two of them, just to keep the momentum going. 

• Like 2