• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grumble

Mr Grumble's 24 Hour Challenge Store

“All the secrets of the world worth knowing are hiding in plain sight.”

tumblr_nabxg91Mxm1sjr84oo1_250.gif

QUEST 1: Move Mr Penumbra's Books from one shelf to the other. Repeatedly.

Continue B.U.F.F. Dudes 12 week program. I've got 5 weeks left on this, skipping zero week because vacation. We gonna get it done.  +2 STR

Get at least one Zombie 5k run in a week. +1 DEX

shrek.jpg

QUEST 2: Stop leaving leftover's in Mr Penumbra's fridge

Continue weight management. Caloric restriction is getting lessened, going to about 2200 intake, with allowances for calories burned, probably 100-200 variance. This actually work well since my DEXA scan is the last saturday of this challenge. Awesomeness. +1 CON

Eat less sugar. trying to keep it no higher than 45g per day. Mucho tracking. +1 CON

shoveling-money-into-fire.gif

QUEST 3: Don't spend all of Mr Penumbra's budget on advertising

Stop spending money like it's going out of style. I still shop too much, be it books, digital stuff, or food. +1 WIS

raw

QUEST 4: Keep track of Mr Penumbra's special customers

Challenge 4: Do my homework during the week little bits at a time instead of writing 2 essays on the  due date. +1 INT

Related image

QUEST 5: Stop reading Mr. Penumbra's way back books

Challenge 5: Shared challenge with @Deciduous. Recognize when I am overreacting and get a levelheaded evaluation. Hoping this gets me to be more self-regulating about issues. +1 CHA

• Like 10

Zombies run! Yasss! Challenge looks like it is gonna be a good time.

Re Challenge 5, guessing you're referring to "Don't torch Mr Penumbra's *#^%!? Bookstore."

giphy.gif

I'm in.

How do we do it? So far I've come up with step 1) recognize I'm freaking out 2) determine the absolute 'might as well burn it to the ground' worst scenario 3) describe this scenario to someone more rational (here or real life) 4) profit?

Will query spouse this eve (and folks here? Halp?) to see if he knows how to 'keep it grounded in reality' but I think he just does it naturally.

I have also requested Mr Penumbra from the library!

Re Challenge 5, guessing you're referring to "Don't torch Mr Penumbra's *#^%!? Bookstore."

giphy.gif

I'm in.

How do we do it? So far I've come up with step 1) recognize I'm freaking out 2) determine the absolute 'might as well burn it to the ground' worst scenario 3) describe this scenario to someone more rational (here or real life) 4) profit?

Will query spouse this eve (and folks here? Halp?) to see if he knows how to 'keep it grounded in reality' but I think he just does it naturally.

I have also requested Mr Penumbra from the library!

Step two I think is part of our issue. Maybe change three to two and make three build a response plan based off halp?

I dunno, good thing we've got a week to figure it out!

Also, it would be never read Mr Penumbra's way back books.

I've read it and listened to it twice each in the last 6 months. It's quickly become one of my favorite books.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deciduous said:

I can't believe I glossed over that goal! 

I just finished my third week of 1x/week. I've had some app issues but it has been great motivation to get it done. Instead of saying i"m just going to the gym/jog/walk I have that motivation of "I'm doing a Zombies 5k training session". BAM. 

tumblr_m40k7lIViK1rrhof0o1_500.gif 

• Like 1

I have no idea who Mr Penumbra is.

For the record I also do not support the tag "less cookies" :panda:

An amazing book.

Also, cookies. Are. Dangerous. It's more of an idea than reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blocky said:

I'm tired from reading the word 'running' repeatedly....

It's a warrior run, so it's really just practicing for the charge. 

Thoroughly enjoying my zero week deload. Did some push ups and otis ups. (two year olds are great for about 40 of these, then they get realy bored) I was gonna go running, but Texas decided to rain.

Not tracking food, or weight, or really anything this week, cause I'm on vacation and eating all the things.

Image result for get in my belly gif

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Not tracking food, or weight, or really anything this week, cause I'm on vacation and eating all the things.

Yaaaaeeeessssss ALL THE FUN!!!

giphy.gif giphy.gif

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Grumble said:

Step two I think is part of our issue. Maybe change three to two and make three build a response plan based off halp?

I dunno, good thing we've got a week to figure it out!

Also, it would be never read Mr Penumbra's way back books.

I've read it and listened to it twice each in the last 6 months. It's quickly become one of my favorite books.

I will understand more once I've read it. I am waiting on the tablet format because I am terrible at returning hard copies on time. Also, happy to have a rec because book four of game of thrones is a slog so far.

I went back and forth re: step two for sure. Might be good to edit it - I find when I tell the rational folks "I am stressed about X" it sounds too rational and they just agree. I need to edit my phrasing to "I am worried about X beyond what the issue might deserve. Can you help me put it in perspective?"

Agreed on the week for this, and the challenge as a whole! I'm still working on my game plan!

• Like 3

I will understand more once I've read it. I am waiting on the tablet format because I am terrible at returning hard copies on time. Also, happy to have a rec because book four of game of thrones is a slog so far.

I went back and forth re: step two for sure. Might be good to edit it - I find when I tell the rational folks "I am stressed about X" it sounds too rational and they just agree. I need to edit my phrasing to "I am worried about X beyond what the issue might deserve. Can you help me put it in perspective?"

Agreed on the week for this, and the challenge as a whole! I'm still working on my game plan!

I look forward to your opinion of the book. So challenge is to recognize overreacting and be able to explain why we are freaking out? Freakoutfulness?

• Like 1

On 4/17/2017 at 11:03 AM, miss_marissa said:

I don't either so you're not alone :)

But I'm here to follow!

• Like 3

giphy.gif

I see the silliness is following from my last challenge.

Tuesday, what did I do Tuesday... Oh, I ran! Zombie 5k first mission. Did the drills as sprints and wanted to die, but felt really good afterwards. (day after it rained, why is Texas so humid!) then went to the Heard wildlife sanctuary. Kinda neat, way more hiking than we had prepped for. Grimble got to see owls so she was super excited. Then we came back and got lazy. Did more Situps cause they're a good anywhere workout. Convinced the little one to do some with me. Watching a two year old try to do unsecured Situps is really hard to do without laughing too hard to exercise.

Finished the night off with coffee patron, Costners Robin Hood, and rooting and romming my tablet.

Weekday drinking? Must be vacation.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Grumble said:

I see the silliness is following from my last challenge.

Tuesday, what did I do Tuesday... Oh, I ran! Zombie 5k first mission. Did the drills as sprints and wanted to die, but felt really good afterwards (day after it rained, why is Texas so humid!) then went to the Heard wildlife sanctuary. Kinda neat, way more hiking than we had prepped for. Grimble got to see owls so she was super excited. Then we came back and got lazy. Did more Situps cause they're a good anywhere workout. Convinced the little one to do some with me. Watching a two year old try to do unsecured Situps is really hard to do without laughing too hard to exercise.

Finished the night off with coffee patron, Costners Robin Hood, and rooting and romming my tablet.

Weekday drinking? Must be vacation.

UGH I'm super annoyed with the forum right now. Normally you can hit enter inside a quote to break it into two quotes and it's not working!

- yay for sprints and not dying!

- That sanctuary sounds cool! I think there is one not far from me that I should check out this summer as part of my outdoorsy goals 

- Is it vacation? That sounds fabulous!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

UGH I'm super annoyed with the forum right now. Normally you can hit enter inside a quote to break it into two quotes and it's not working!

OMG WUT

46 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

- yay for sprints and not dying!

- That sanctuary sounds cool! I think there is one not far from me that I should check out this summer as part of my outdoorsy goals 

- Is it vacation? That sounds fabulous!

it's working for meeeeeeeeeeeeee :D:D:D 

life. changing.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

OMG WUT

41 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

life. changing.

My life was only changed a few weeks ago, so I am almost as behind on the times as you are.... 

• Like 3

On 4/17/2017 at 1:03 PM, miss_marissa said:

I also am not familiar with Mr. Penumbra, and do not support the tag for reasons of grammar pedantry.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

OMG WUT

WUT

OMG

life. changing.

yessssss

• Like 4

4 hours ago, calanthrophy said:

I also am not familiar with Mr. Penumbra, and do not support the tag for reasons of grammar pedantry.

I didn't even notice that - I need to turn in my grammar snob card.

Also, looks like a kickass challenge! Hope you're enjoying the vacation.