• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grumble

Mr Grumble's 24 Hour Challenge Store

13 hours ago, Leigh said:

Oh man! I am never going to say yes to being in a wedding party ever again.

I feel your pain. I've been a best man twice, an usher, a groomsman, and the music for the bridal march.

The good news is I've run out of friends/family/acquaintances who aren't married so hopefully I'm in the clear.

• Like 1

Just now, calanthrophy said:

I feel your pain. I've been a best man twice, an usher, a groomsman, and the music for the bridal march.

The good news is I've run out of friends/family/acquaintances who aren't married so hopefully I'm in the clear.

I've got two more this year and after that I think I'm done for people I give enough of a crap about to go to.

Day 2, just gettin' through

Quest1:

BB bench press: 1x55x20, 1x160x12, 1x165x10, 1x180x8, 1x185x6, 1x190x4, 1x110x15 (Dumbass)

DB Incline Bench: 1x60x10, 1x60x7, 2x50x10 (my shoulder hates these, and not in a good way, may have to switch)

Hammer Strength Decline bench: 1x146x8, 3x166x8 (dude stole decline bar for deadlifts)

Cable Cross over/Kneeling landmine press superset: 1x30x12, 1x50x12, 1x70x12/1x135x12, 1x135x10, 1x115x12

DB Fly: 2x27.5x12, 1x30x12

Total Volume: 24138

Quest2:

Attempted to use fitbit exclusively, but their list of foods sucks, so I went back to MFP for dinner.

2331 total calories

A little higher, but I made a bad lunch choice satiety-wise and was way to hungry to ignore til dinner.

Quest3:

Bought milk for cereal and oatmeal. And chicken to supplement the shitty frozen mac and cheese meal. Stayed smart.

Quest4:

Nope, did nothing, don't care. want to fall on my pillow face first. Outline is done so I'm already ahead of my curve.

Quest5:

Nothing to worry about today.

Image result for don't worry be happy animated gif

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Grumble said:

Quest3:

Bought milk for cereal and oatmeal. And chicken to supplement the shitty frozen mac and cheese meal. Stayed smart.

the only frozen mac and cheese worth eating is Stouffers and you don't put chicken in that shit, you put jalapenos in it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

the only frozen mac and cheese worth eating is Stouffers and you don't put chicken in that shit, you put jalapenos in it. 

I should clarify. It's fried chicken. The mac and cheese was long gone by the time I went to the store. Stouffers with jalapenos is the shiz-nit.

• Like 2

Day 3 feelin' free

Quest1:

BB Box Squats: 1x205x10, 1x225x8, 1x245x6, 1x265x4

DB Walking Lunges: 4x55x10

BB RDL: 4x235x10 (I made safety noises on the last set)

BB Hack Squat: 4x155x8 (the current bane of my existence)

Lying Leg Curls: 1x110x10, 1x125x10, 1x140x10

Seated Calf Raise: 5x230x12 (actually got super dizzy during these, thought I was going to die)

Quest2:

Calories: 2148 kcal

Carbs: 195 g

Fat: 104 g

Protein: 114 g

Fiber: 17 g

Sugar: 62 g

Quest3:

Solid as a rock

Quest4:

I was a slacker. Went to the farmers market and took an epsom salt bath instead of doing homework.

Quest5:

Weirdly having issues with creating a BuJo. Warriors pitching in to help made me realize I was being silly.

Image result for silly gif

• Like 6

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

235# RDLs!!! holy poop. i would make all the safety noises.

that gif is life.

I took a video of my Box Squats too, and was honestly surprised I wasn't growling. That last rep felt heavy as hell, almost as heavy as the last RDL.

It really is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

200w.gif

This is SO GREAT! Ahhhhhhhh!!!

13 hours ago, Grumble said:

Quest1:

BB Box Squats: 1x205x10, 1x225x8, 1x245x6, 1x265x4

DB Walking Lunges: 4x55x10

BB RDL: 4x235x10 (I made safety noises on the last set)

BB Hack Squat: 4x155x8 (the current bane of my existence)

Lying Leg Curls: 1x110x10, 1x125x10, 1x140x10

Seated Calf Raise: 5x230x12 (actually got super dizzy during these, thought I was going to die)

I like these side notes, they humanize your superpowers.

13 hours ago, Grumble said:

Quest4:

I was a slacker. Went to the farmers market and took an epsom salt bath instead of doing homework.

This sounds sweet. I would also choose this over homework. This is the type of thing I keep choosing over running. I'm not helping either of us, am I.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Hello! Don't mind me. I'm here to stalk this challenge.

Don't mind, don't mind at all. Hi!

10 hours ago, Deciduous said:

I like these side notes, they humanize your superpowers.

This sounds sweet. I would also choose this over homework. This is the type of thing I keep choosing over running. I'm not helping either of us, am I.

What superpowers?

You're not, but I'm totally using it for more shared inspiration.

• Like 2

Day 4 still sore.

Quest1:

Runner 5 getting in shape. Slept through my alarm so didn't make my gym time. So just a run today.

Quest2:

Could be better at this. Still using the scale, but more for long term trend than any actual weight loss right now. Lifting program is putting on enough muscle that I'm starting to get comments, so tracking weight is just going to drive me bonkers.

Calories: 2,222 kcal

Carbs: 264 g

Fat: 142 g

Protein: 102 g

Fiber: 23 g

Sugar: 90 g

Quest3:

My friday splurge on coffee, planned and executed to near pefection. Nothing else spent.

Quest4:

So... yea. I don't like this class and it's showing in my level of effort and willingness to be distracted. I've got a week and a half left in it. Just get it done. No more Mass Effect until assignments are completed.

Quest5:

Rebuilt a VM and installed a brand new enterprise level piece of software I know nothing about and have to be able to present in a month. Actually excited for the challenge.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

What superpowers?

You're not, but I'm totally using it for more shared inspiration.

Superstrength! Also...

Quest1:

Runner 5 getting in shape. Slept through my alarm so didn't make my gym time. So just a run today.

Getting yourself to go running! OK, reading the word "just" I realize I've officially built up too much mental resistance. I'll go for a short one tomorrow and it will not be as bad as it is in my head after three weeks off.

Quest2:

Could be better at this. Still using the scale, but more for long term trend than any actual weight loss right now. Lifting program is putting on enough muscle that I'm starting to get comments, so tracking weight is just going to drive me bonkers.

I have a bug in my brain about monitoring "weight"/bf. BF is tough to measure, and weight can be such a sucky measurement at this point in the game. I am kind of thinking sporadic dexa is the way to go. Interested to watch how you go about this; I still have 5 weeks to come up with a game plan.

Quest4:

So... yea. I don't like this class and it's showing in my level of effort and willingness to be distracted. I've got a week and a half left in it. Just get it done. No more Mass Effect until assignments are completed.

I guess not all the quests can be fun. 1.5 weeks!!!! YEAH! How many more hrs do you have? Could you set up a schedule where you set a timer for an hour then play Mass Effect? Last time I was in school I'd trade a paragraph for an ebay purchase at one point. Not financially (for me) or time (for you) efficient but gets it done?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

Getting yourself to go running! OK, reading the word "just" I realize I've officially built up too much mental resistance. I'll go for a short one tomorrow and it will not be as bad as it is in my head after three weeks off.

That mental barrier is a bitch and a half to get through.

I have a bug in my brain about monitoring "weight"/bf. BF is tough to measure, and weight can be such a sucky measurement at this point in the game. I am kind of thinking sporadic dexa is the way to go. Interested to watch how you go about this; I still have 5 weeks to come up with a game plan.

Well crap, I was going to steal YOUR ideas.

I guess not all the quests can be fun. 1.5 weeks!!!! YEAH! How many more hrs do you have? Could you set up a schedule where you set a timer for an hour then play Mass Effect? Last time I was in school I'd trade a paragraph for an ebay purchase at one point. Not financially (for me) or time (for you) efficient but gets it done?

Maybe. It's hard with such an involved game like ME. But maybe worth the effort just to complete my assignments. I'll give it a try tonight. No work tomorrow=stay up late.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grumble said:

Well crap, I was going to steal YOUR ideas.

Dam. Ummmmmmmmm.... we'll figure something out...

3 hours ago, Grumble said:

Maybe. It's hard with such an involved game like ME. But maybe worth the effort just to complete my assignments. I'll give it a try tonight. No work tomorrow=stay up late.

My automatic instinct is to deny myself all pleasure and fun - but I have to fight that instinct because building in a reward (which brain says is bad bc you should be spending all that time doing whatever you're "supposed" to be doing) works much better. Not sure if that sounds like your pattern? If not, my strategy might not help!

• Like 2