• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grumble

Mr Grumble's 24 Hour Challenge Store

On 4/27/2017 at 10:36 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

235# RDLs!!! holy poop. i would make all the safety noises.

IS THIS A THING NOW???? OMC

• Like 4

IS THIS A THING NOW???? OMC

Totally a thing.

This was glorious, at least in my head. Putting my after-work out protein together, decide to blend it. Out of regular milk, only protein nut milk, Cue guttural yell "MOAR PROTEIN!" Decide it needs chocolate, only have nesquik. Cue next guttural yell "MOAR POWDER!"

I should note that I was doing this in my birthday suit. Dunno if that makes it better or worse.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

Totally a thing.

This was glorious, at least in my head. Putting my after-work out protein together, decide to blend it. Out of regular milk, only protein nut milk, Cue guttural yell "MOAR PROTEIN!" Decide it needs chocolate, only have nesquik. Cue next guttural yell "MOAR POWDER!"

I should note that I was doing this in my birthday suit. Dunno if that makes it better or worse.

Better. Obviously better. I love everything you just said. 

38 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Finspiration

OMC

• Like 2

Dude. Bullet Journal. BULLETS. BULLET POINTS lol ;) I'm totally one of those people that has 40 million journals that each serve a different purpose... aint not reason you can't essay in the essay book right? But like, in a bujo, "write essay at 4pm" would be one of the points...  That being said, if it doesn't seem to be useful to you right now, then why?? Do you yo!!!!

Please enjoy this excessive collection of various bujo applications, just in case: https://www.pinterest.com/mzcaraher/bujo/

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

Totally a thing.

I do that with my shakes in the morning, only it's more like "MOAR COFFEE!" and then evil laughter as I pour it in. :P

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

Dude. Bullet Journal. BULLETS. BULLET POINTS

I now want to see a gun enthusiast make a bujo where the bullet points are actual mini drawings of ammo. That would be awesome, and nerdy :D

• Like 6

Fucking terrible attempt but Chewbacca doing a squat with w cookie and a coffee. ^_~ crayon on brown paper at Montana's for dinner

Hurray for like 45 seconds of effort XD04bfa5f3558888008440914bbeb45ded.jpg

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

On 4/28/2017 at 6:15 PM, Grumble said:

giphy.gif

On 4/28/2017 at 6:57 PM, Grumble said:

OH! I almost forgot. Late afternoon Finspiration and a bit of a challenge ramble

OMC! THE FISH PRAWNS ARE CRUSTACEOUS!!!

I didn’t expect you to run twice in a row, you are destroying zombies 5k! Thanks for getting my bass in gear.

So… essay… howsit goin’?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Deciduous said:

giphy.gif

Kinda how I feel after arms-is-this day.

OMC! THE FISH PRAWNS ARE CRUSTACEOUS!!!

I didn’t expect you to run twice in a row, you are destroying zombies 5k! Thanks for getting my bass in gear.

Neither did I, it was spontaneous.

So… essay… howsit goin’?

giphy.gif

Yea... It's... going...

Image result for avoiding eye contact gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leigh said:

Fucking terrible attempt but Chewbacca doing a squat with w cookie and a coffee. ^_~ crayon on brown paper at Montana's for dinner emoji14.png

Hurray for like 45 seconds of effort XD04bfa5f3558888008440914bbeb45ded.jpg

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

He looks like he's gettin' ready to boogie down. I love it.

• Like 2

Day 5 and 6 using chopsticks

Quest1:

Day 5:

BB Seated press: 2x100x10, 1x115x8, 1x115x4

DB Upright Row/BB reverse Upright Row superset: 4x42.5x10/2x155x10, 2x145x10

KB Around the Worlds: 2x53x8, 1x53x10

DB Lateral raise: 3x25x8 (I was gassed at this point)

Cable Reverse Flys: 2x30x12, 1x40x11

Total Vol: 14218

Zombie 5k day 3

Day 6:

BB Skullcrushers: 4x80x10

BB Close grip Bench: 2x155x10, 2x155x8

Cable Rope Tricep pushdown: 1x100x12, 1x110x12, 1x120x12, 1x120x11

Cable Rope Tricep Extension: 2x100x12, 1x110x12

DB Seated Curls/Cable Bicep Pulldown: 4x32.5x10/4x150x10

BB Reverse Curl: 3x65x12

BB Behind the Back Wrist Curls: 3x100x12

Total Vol: 30936

Trampoline park=lots of jumping. fitbit registered as 4 floors worth of just jumping

Quest2:

Day 5:

All the sugars. Seriously. Java chip frap, lindor truffles, PF changs banana spring rolls. Still under my calories and weight is slowly dropping again.

Day 6: Pizza for lunch, chicken parm for dinner. My fair share of wine, bur nothing extravagant.

Quest3:

Not an extra penny spent either day. This is getting easy

Quest4:

Absolute fucking failure. except for posting to all the things on the forums. Just no essays yet. I'll get it it figured out.

Quest5:

Smooth sailing.

Image result for stay shiny gif

• Like 3

If it helps I can show you pages in my bullet journal where I was like "I didn't do this fucking thing, OH WELL."

giphy.gif

Also, sad, nothing to throw out the window. 

• Like 3

If it helps I can show you pages in my bullet journal where I was like "I didn't do this fucking thing, OH WELL."

giphy.gif

Also, sad, nothing to throw out the window. 

Yes please!

• Like 1

So It's my first week at as the afternoon clerk of Mr Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore. What a week it was too.

I've walked by before, but never in. It's always been a small, quiet store. But it's bustling now. Looks like I got hired just in time. Mr Penumbra's manager, Clay Jannon, has been ordering books like they're a precious commodity. That means lots of boxes. Heavy boxes. Heavy boxes that have to be moved all over the place, then emptied. Five days of deliveries, five days of lifting. I feel like I've been lifting the world. But it's a good thing. I'm useful, and it's nice to be useful.

Image result for carrying books gif

The break room has  super tiny fridge, and nobody is willing to buy a new one. Maybe they're afraid to blow a fuse or something, i don't know. What I do know is I can't leave the bookstore for lunch cause I'm the only one working! Which works out, since I've been cooking a lot at home. And it keeps from ordering pizza and thai food every day since I can't leave my tupperware in the fridge or it fills up too quick. Like two days quick. See? Tiny!

Image result for itty bitty living space gif

Part of my new job is to help advertise sales and such for the store. I've also got a really small budget to work with. Fortunately, Clay had already got that started before I came on board, so I really just have to manage it. So far, I've kept various ad campaigns going and even started a new one without coming close to my limit. Mr Penumbra seems to be pleased, but he's kind of enigmatic, and weird, it's hard to tell.

Image result for advertising gif

One of the big no-nos is not logging customers that come in for the dusty books in the back, the way-back list as Clay calls it. I've been awful at this. I'm not in trouble because I've got a good memory and have been able to recite everything for Clay or Mr. Penumbra for them to write down, but I can tell they're not overjoyed that i was only able to do that twice this week. Maybe I should start writing as soon as they come in?

Image result for in trouble gif

The way back books are weird. They have odd titles and are all over the place in size and shape, with no real seeming order. I want to try and organize them, but I've been told to leave them alone. I really want to fix it, but they say it's fine. So I talked to Clay about it, and he gave me a heads up that I can read them eventually, but I have to earn that right. Considering these are like some weird borrowing books, and only certain people ask about them, it makes a kind of sense. So I'll keep my head about and not freak out over them. They really do need to be reorganized though.

Next week we've got some kind of deadline coming, so this should be interesting. Here's to adventure's in book sales!

Image result for library gif

• Like 7

Panko crusted pork chops with roast veggies and rice with lemon zest and sautéed onions. Tanktimus has been making me envious,so I had to share some of my own. 169940199d94805263447c1ed5131723.jpg

• Like 7

Day 7 and 8 keepin it straight

Quest1:

Day 7:

Rest Day

Day 8: Building the Shield Wall

Pull-ups: 1x3 (woot!)

Wide Grip lat pulldown: 4x130x15

T-Bar Row: 3x95x10, 1x100x10

Pendlay Row/DB Two Arm Pullover Superset: 4x150x10/4x160x10

BB Rack pulls/Shrug Superset: 4x265x8/4x265x8 (did it! The trick is to rest pause on the last rep of the pulls so I can get it over certain sensitive parts to do the shugs safely.)

DB one Arm Rom: 3x75x10

DB One Arm Shrug: 3x75x12

Quest2:

Day 7:

Brunch was the best Egg's Benny ever. *Throws gauntlet down* Everything but fats were under good day for doing nothing

Cal: 2033 kcal

Carb: 109 g

Fat: 106 g

Protein: 66 g

Fiber 6 g

Sugar: 21 g

Day 8:

Went over on MFP, but it doesn't import my calories burned from fitbit, so there's that

Cal: 2455 kcal

Carb: 285 g

Fat: 94 g

Protein: 133 g

Fiber: 33 g

Sugar: 68 g

Quest3:

I'm thinking this quest may be complete. Might drop it after this week.

Quest4:

*ahem*

Quest5:

Nothing to note here today.

Image result for could be worse gif

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

Quest2:

Day 7:

Brunch was the best Egg's Benny ever. *Throws gauntlet down* Everything but fats were under good day for doing nothing

You are mistaken good sir. 

VH7LIpz.jpg

Try to unsee that, I dare you. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Grumble said:

Quest3:

I'm thinking this quest may be complete. Might drop it after this week.

This is freaking awesome! I remember when I conquered my impulse shopping. What a game changer, it seemed so impossible at the beginning and then just wasn't a thing anymore.

On 4/30/2017 at 5:51 PM, Grumble said:

So It's my first week at as the afternoon clerk of Mr Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore. What a week it was too.

giphy.gif

Quest4:

*ahem*

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

PS - your pork chop meal looks divine

PPS - holy pendlay rows! Jeez louise, I can't imagine! nice job!

41 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

This is freaking awesome! I remember when I conquered my impulse shopping. What a game changer, it seemed so impossible at the beginning and then just wasn't a thing anymore.

It was kind of a surprising revelation. as I was writing the update it just kind of happened.

41 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

giphy.gif

I know! I'm working on them now. Seriously. After I post this I mean.

42 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

PS - your pork chop meal looks divine

It was the hardest leftovers I've ever had to not eat right away. Until lunch, which is also now! PORK CHOPS!

42 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

PPS - holy pendlay rows! Jeez louise, I can't imagine! nice job!

They felt good too. I'll probably be able to go up next time I do them. 150 is right about 55% bodyweight. So I've got a ways to go.

• Like 4

Day 9 feelin fine

Quest1: Building the Shield Wall pt 2.

BB Bench Press: 1x110x40, 1x160x12, 1x170x9, 1x175x6, 1x175x6, 1x185x4 (the mini challenge created failure for the rest of the workout, but it felt good)

DB Incline Bench: 2x60x10, 1x60x8, 1x55x9

BB Decline Bench: 2x155x8, 1x155x7, 1x145x8

Cable Crossover: 1x30x12, 2x33x12 (these fluctuate, but it's different machines having different resistances)

Kneeling Landmine Press: 2x135x12, 1x135x9

DB Fly: 1x30x12, 2x32.5x12

Quest2:

Probably the best macro and calorie day I've had in a while.

Calories: 2159 kcal

Carbs: 253 g

Fat: 67 g

Protein: 141 g

Fiber: 38 g

Sugar: 53 g

Quest3:

check and check

Quest4:

Essay started!

Quest5:

Essay started! I can do this, don't freak out.

Image result for meh gif

• Like 6

I *cough* just found your challenge. Sorries!

I'm here now! Following and whatnot.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:39 PM, Deciduous said:

My automatic instinct is to deny myself all pleasure and fun - but I have to fight that instinct because building in a reward (which brain says is bad bc you should be spending all that time doing whatever you're "supposed" to be doing) works much better. Not sure if that sounds like your pattern? If not, my strategy might not help!

I really wish I had learned this earlier in graduate school....

Good macro days make me happy too :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

Turns out they're super easy when you're not eating extra sugar.

8 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

I *cough* just found your challenge. Sorries!

I'm here now! Following and whatnot.

I really wish I had learned this earlier in graduate school....

There is a serious feeling of contentment when you hit your macros 'exactly'! Doesn't happen often...

• Like 1

Day 10 getting zen

Quest1:

BB box squats: 1x215x12, 1x235x8, 1x255x6, 1x275x4

DB Walking Lunges: 4x60x10

BB RDL: 4x240x10

BB Hack Squat

Image result for middle finger gif

(skipped them, just wasn't feeling it today)

Lying Leg Curls: 3x140x10

Seated Calf Raises: 5x235x12 (felt like passing out again, dunno)

Quest2: Damn near another perfect macro day

Calories: 2153 kcal

Carbs: 263 g

Fat: 71

Protein: 129 g

Fiber: 35 g

Sugar 82 g

Quest3:

Sushi Burrito at the Farmer's Market, Planned and executed to perfection. May have also stolen a piece of Grimble's Pupusa.

Quest4:

Essay completed!

Quest5:

2 more essays to go. Freaked out. talked to a coworker. He let me vent and helped break things down. Cooler heads prevailed. 

Image result for like a boss sunglasses gif

• Like 7