• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Welcome back doodlies!

And what shell we do this time? A battle between the waffles and the pancakes? Or something with the whole group?

Let us know your ideas. Even the bad ones, because they can inspire someone else :D 

Challenge+Yourself+Helping+People.jpg

7 minutes ago, Terah said:

Let us know your ideas. Even the bad ones, because they can inspire someone else :D 

Is this bit referring to my karaoke suggestion last challenge because I still stand by that.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, deftona said:

Is this bit referring to my karaoke suggestion last challenge because I still stand by that.

I'm actually going to my first karaoke night in 1,5 weeks. And I invite all doodies!

15 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If we're entertaining the bad ideas then let's do an innuendo challenge to see who can work the most IRL innuendos into conversations without getting caught.

Love it :D 

I usually don't realize I make an innuendo until someone catches me though. It will be a bad challenge for the pancakes :P 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If we're entertaining the bad ideas then let's do an innuendo challenge to see who can work the most IRL innuendos into conversations without getting caught.

The people I hang out can recognize an innuendo as fast as the Doodlies.  I can not win this. 

• Like 4

How about some game?   I'm not sure how to make this work and I do not even have a whole idea, just part of one.. But what about something like Jeopardy?  

Step 1: Let's say there was a game board with 5 categories (Strength, mindfulness, cardio, Food, miscellaneous).  Each category had 5 or so options, ranging from 100 - 500 points.

Step 2: something something each team/person picks 1 square and must complete the randomly generated/secretly placed action for that question.  

Step 3: Profit.  Each team gets the points that were gained during the week.  We continue on the same game board for each week.  

• Like 5

12 hours ago, LadyShello said:

How about some game?   I'm not sure how to make this work and I do not even have a whole idea, just part of one.. But what about something like Jeopardy?  

Step 1: Let's say there was a game board with 5 categories (Strength, mindfulness, cardio, Food, miscellaneous).  Each category had 5 or so options, ranging from 100 - 500 points.

Step 2: something something each team/person picks 1 square and must complete the randomly generated/secretly placed action for that question.  

Step 3: Profit.  Each team gets the points that were gained during the week.  We continue on the same game board for each week.  

I don't know Jeopardy, but I really like this!

Do we get to pick one square/assignment each week, or can you get on to the next when you finished it?

I know I bring this up almost every challenge but could we entertain opening the PVP to others?  The last challenge was 2 v 2.  The one before that the waffles started with four and ended with two. Not necessarily make them a Doodlie, but let them compete to add in some new excitement? They would only be part of the challenge and would have first dibs on future challenges with us, but not be in Yak's head, etc.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jmk said:

I know I bring this up almost every challenge but could we entertain opening the PVP to others?  The last challenge was 2 v 2.  The one before that the waffles started with four and ended with two. Not necessarily make them a Doodlie, but let them compete to add in some new excitement? They would only be part of the challenge and would have first dibs on future challenges with us, but not be in Yak's head, etc.

Sylvaa is always available. I just usually wait to see how teams shake out first. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terah said:

I don't know Jeopardy, but I really like this!

Do we get to pick one square/assignment each week, or can you get on to the next when you finished it?

I was thinking 1 square per week but presumably the higher the points on the square, the more time it might take to complete the task.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmk said:

I am open to this but we did have that idea for an epic challenge between us and the rest of the NF but the time needs to be right for that.  

• Like 1

I am open to this but we did have that idea for an epic challenge between us and the rest of the NF but the time needs to be right for that.  

But right now we only have 4-6 doodlies participating at any given time. Maybe we open it and see if anyone wants to participate?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I might not be playing this time around but I am going to wait and see what the challenge is before deciding in case it's hella juicy.

On 4/18/2017 at 7:32 AM, jmk said:

not be in Yak's head, etc.

Speaking of the Yak's head how does one get an invite to this exclusive club? ;) I've heard whispers of it but haven't actually seen it. I'm picturing a golden forum page dripping with syrup and smelling of bacon. Where all the breakfast foods gather to sling smut at each other and rejoice in the Yak's greatness.... or you know something like that

3 hours ago, Korranation said:

why don't we try some tabletop-styled apps together?

http://www.popularmechanics.com/culture/gaming/g2210/the-10-best-board-games-apps/

We have tried that in the past. But it has always been proven very difficult to make it simple enough to do online.

Battleships was kind of fun though, but then again that's a pretty simple game. 

I love catan for example, but we would have simplify it so much there won't be much left of the original game I'm afraid.

But if you can think of a good format for us to play it in?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

Speaking of the Yak's head how does one get an invite to this exclusive club? ;) I've heard whispers of it but haven't actually seen it. I'm picturing a golden forum page dripping with syrup and smelling of bacon. Where all the breakfast foods gather to sling smut at each other and rejoice in the Yak's greatness.... or you know something like that

You would have to be a doodlie for a couple of challenges, so you get accustomed to the smut that's thrown around here ;) 

And as a doodlie you have to follow the other doodlies, posting in their threads and liking stuff they posted.

And then you'll be reviewed by the doodlies in the yaks head (yes, we'll talk about others behind there back ;) ). The yak's head is a sacred place, that means everyone must feel comfortable with others there hearing their private stuff.

It doesn't come for free ;) 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Terah said:

We have tried that in the past. But it has always been proven very difficult to make it simple enough to do online.

Battleships was kind of fun though, but then again that's a pretty simple game. 

I love catan for example, but we would have simplify it so much there won't be much left of the original game I'm afraid.

But if you can think of a good format for us to play it in?

I'll look for some simplistic games out there.

I stumbled across something called the Kingdom of Loathing that's like a pseudo MMO where the characters are based on buns like the sauceror. That character attacks enemies by literally throwing hot sauce at their faces. And while you can't directly play with other people, you can steal their stuff, join guilds and interact with them. So that's something.

I just started so I'll see if it's user-friendly enough and doodlie pun worthy.

I also found a game called Die2nite which is a forum where the players (or citizens) are divided into groups and are allocated a small town where they must organize themselves each day in such a way as to survive as long as possible against these beings. I haven't created an account yet. But it looks like too much of a time suck right now to look into that zombie world, personal stats, jobs, town roles, town types (devastated/ hardcore/ private), and town rules and regulations.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Korranation said:

I also found a game called Die2nite which is a forum where the players (or citizens) are divided into groups and are allocated a small town where they must organize themselves each day in such a way as to survive as long as possible against these beings. I haven't created an account yet. But it looks like too much of a time suck right now to look into that zombie world, personal stats, jobs, town roles, town types (devastated/ hardcore/ private), and town rules and regulations.

This sounds great!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Terah said:

You would have to be a doodlie for a couple of challenges, so you get accustomed to the smut that's thrown around here ;)

We've been sadly short on smut recently.  

• Like 1