• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

T2sarahconnor

T2SC is ready to SWEATT

1 minute ago, deftona said:

everyone needs to LEAVE THE 1980'S ALONE! 

crocker2007.jpg

You think the 80's are your ally because you adopted them? I was born into the 80's, molded by them. I didn't see another decade till I was 9. By then it was nothing to me but THE 90's!

• Like 5

Just now, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You think the 80's are your ally because you adopted them? I was born into the 80's, molded by them. I didn't see another decade till I was 9. By then it was nothing to me but THE 90's!

Hey, I was crafted in the 80's too ;) Besides, in that video Pete Burns is just doing exactly what I do when I am getting ready for a night out and getting my game on. Add a bit of Morrissey and it's bang on which is why I will defend those dance moves until my dying day.

tumblr_mgspa8cRO31rdz9oao1_500.gif

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I just, just couldn't get through the video. I can listen to the song, no problem. But that video is so bad it's horrible.

I reject your assessment of the video's quality as baseless. The sheer effort involved in making everyone's hair stand that high is in and of itself worthy of your full and rapt attention. 

I haven't seen anything teased that mercilessly since I slipped and fell in a puddle on the sidewalk in third grade.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, deftona said:

Hey, I was crafted in the 80's too ;) Besides, in that video Pete Burns is just doing exactly what I do when I am getting ready for a night out and getting my game on. Add a bit of Morrissey and it's bang on which is why I will defend those dance moves until my dying day.

tumblr_mgspa8cRO31rdz9oao1_500.gif

I thought you were also an 80's child, but I could not resist a Bane adaptation.

6 minutes ago, EricMN said:

I reject your assessment of the video's quality as baseless. The sheer effort involved in making everyone's hair stand that high is in and of itself worthy of your full and rapt attention. 

I haven't seen anything teased that mercilessly since I slipped and fell in a puddle on the sidewalk in third grade.

Dude, the hair was fine. It was the front man wagging his finger at me.

• Like 3

Dude, the hair was fine. It was the front man wagging his finger at me.

He was just being sassy for the camera. I preferred "hands on hips while shaking it", personally.

• Like 3

I am an 80's child too and I will stand by the music until my last breath.  I am just glad that I was too young or sheltered for most of the 80's to really watch these videos.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Huge, so spoilered, but ironically, this showed up on Facebook for me this morning.

Hide contents

They did a lot better than I expected them to. I always hate the "it's before my time" argument because it's not like we burned all the records just before the clocks chimed midnight in 1989. Besides, I reckon I'd do pretty well on a 60's and 70's music quiz. 

And I have ended up in another Youtube 80's music video black hole and I re-found this. Can someone explain to me why it's so funny because I can't breathe properly still. 

Spoiler

• Like 3

1 minute ago, deftona said:

They did a lot better than I expected them to. I always hate the "it's before my time" argument because it's not like we burned all the records just before the clocks chimed midnight in 1989. Besides, I reckon I'd do pretty well on a 60's and 70's music quiz. 

And I have ended up in another Youtube 80's music video black hole and I re-found this. Can someone explain to me why it's so funny because I can't breathe properly still. 

Hide contents

Because Mick Jagger and David Bowie tried to outdo each other, that's why.

• Like 1

Because Mick Jagger and David Bowie tried to outdo each other, that's why.

Did you watch it with sound? Because if not, I highly recommend it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T2sarahconnor said:

For you @Aces3000

from 1985

If I, I get to know your name
Well if I, could trace your private number, baby

I logged off for a while and missed this. D'oh! Tomorrow.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Huge, so spoilered, but ironically, this showed up on Facebook for me this morning.

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for sharing!  I wasn't surprised they did that well with the titles.  They let them here most of the song.

funny thing is I had to look up what Rick rolled is.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Hide contents

Poor Cyndi Lauper..and Prince. 

5 minutes ago, deftona said:

Hide contents

That is amazing!!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Thanks for sharing!  I wasn't surprised they did that well with the titles.  They let them here most of the song.

funny thing is I had to look up what Rick rolled is.

My 13 year old introducted me to a Rick Roll.   The funny thing is I love Rick Astley so I thought it was a good thing... 

• Like 4

Just now, T2sarahconnor said:

Second chance trivia....I am off today so may post quite a few today.  @Aces3000

from 1982 and I bet I only need 4 words

Poor old Johnny Ray

Spoiler

COME ON EILEEN! 

• Like 4

Just now, deftona said:
  Hide contents

By Dexy's Midnight Runners.

Sorry, I got excited and entered too early. 

Oooh er. 

Nice... Should of refreshed.  I knew you knew it.  Now for your prize.........not the obvious overalls.....hmmmmmm

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Your prize 

i know it says 1978 but I was from the Midwest so we didn't have until at least 1980.

Oh wow, I remember that! I never had it myself but I have very vivid memories of it. This is a much better prize, I have thousands of pairs of dungarees ;) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Your prize 

i know it says 1978 but I was from the Midwest so we didn't have until at least 1980.

Still my oldest daughter's favorite birthday gift and she didn't get hers until at least 1991.

• Like 2