• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

T2sarahconnor

T2SC is ready to SWEATT

12 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Turn up the radio!

I need some music, gimme some more!

Artist I think was a band called Autograph?

Nice job!

you win a PaperMate Sharpwriter.  Anyone know the significance?

• Like 1

I swear, every time I get going back on here something keeps me from posting.  I am not whining but I am going to have a whoa is me moment and the best place I can think of doing it is here.  

My mom had to go back and her surgeon who did her lumpectomy want a cleaner margin.  They were not even going to put her under general anesthesia for it.  I stayed here in Iowa ( they are in central Illinois) and they were going to text me when she went into surgery and when she was done.  I was at work, she was in surgery and I had not heard anything.  I inquired to my brother if they www done and I got a text that basically said her surgery was done but they had to perform CPR on the table.  Something happened and they were not sure and she was in cardiac ICU.  She is fine now but it was so scary to get that kind of info on your phone via text, and I was 5 hours from home.  

My Dad had his cardiac ablation ( needless to say after my Mom, I went home to be with them) and that went great.  He had been fighting keeping his heart out of afib.  Between cancer appointments, heart docs for both of them and then trying to get them to quit running so much.  

Hubby still not working.  He is being picky and that is okay by me.  We have enough rainy day to keep paying the morgage and bills and we don't have any credit card debt so the only thing that kinda sucks in watching the extra fun stuff.  Of course trying to get the child support payments lowered has been horrible and his stupid wicked witch of the East ex wife and mother of his children ( or should I say her way of earning money to spend on herself) has been a total bitch.  She has poisoned my 17 year old step daughter so bad.  My 14 year old step son is still a joy and he just wants to get away from the drama of his mom and sister but the courts won't allow him to live with us and his sister with mom.  

What else....oh I used to be able to take the baby Hydrocodone for pain ( the other hip that has not been operated on), but they won't let me have any now.  So worried about abuse.  Blah blah blah.  I wish I felt good enough to see even a little high from them.  They just take the edge off enough after work so I can get a little housework done and not start limping so bad where my sciatica starts.  I also took on before bed some nights to help the pain to be able to sleep.   You can see in the X-ray on page one that my other hip has no cartilage left and has some wonderful bone spurs.  I have my next surgery scheduled for July 11.  What would hurt? Just because other people are stupid but why penalize me? Why are my doctors responsible ones?

ok.  I feel better now.  I am still doing very well on my challenge.  

• Like 5

Update of challenge so far.  

Stretch and Strength. I give myself a B.  Strength better than stretch.  Body weight exercises 2-3 times a week.  Stretching is still hard for me but I need to push myself.

Workout.  A definite A here.  I have been very pleased with my attendance at the gym.  With the exception of a few days out of town I have been to the gym 5 days a week and sometime twice in one day.  I am taking advantage of the classes especially water aerobics.  I have also tried a Zumba class and a strength training class.  I have also been on the bike at least 3 times a week.  I am pretty proud of myself here and need to keep challenging myself.

Eat right.  Probably a low C.  Started off good but went downhill.  Not anything horrible but just not consistent.  Too many carbs and too big of portions.  Haven't went completely off rails but I need to real this in.  I dont like to focus on weightloss but I need to take off the pounds I put on after surgery.  My recovery will be so much better if I do.

Accomplish the little things.  Let's go with a D here.  Unless I can count accomplishing things for everyone else so maybe a B.  Mental exhaustion does get in the way.  I have been focusing my effort on getting to the gym rather than this and I am okay with that.

Tender loving care......for me!  I am going to go with a C.  I have done a pedicure, bought some good lotion for my scar, taken baths with lavender Epsom salts, and spent a day off doing pretty much nothing.

Not as as bad as I thought after typing it out.  

• Like 4

I'd say you are doing awesome on your challenge when you have that much stress. That sounds scary with your mom. Hopefully your dad will start to do better now that he had the procedure. I get that there has been a lot of problems with people getting addicted to pain meds, but I don't think the answer is to just not give them, that's kind of crazy.

• Like 1

I'll agree with Elastigirl, circumstances are not an excuse to lower the bar but they have to be taken into account. For what you're dealing, you're doing really good.

• Like 1

So much going on! Glad your parents are recovering. It's totally sucky when there are issues during "routine" procedures. 

If you ever want to complain about baby-mama drama, please feel free to PM me! I totally deal with that too (although, we don't have to deal with child support luckily). 

The whole medication thing is such a pain. There is so much concern over abuse that people with legitimate needs have to jump through hoops to get meds. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I'd say you are doing awesome on your challenge when you have that much stress. That sounds scary with your mom. Hopefully your dad will start to do better now that he had the procedure. I get that there has been a lot of problems with people getting addicted to pain meds, but I don't think the answer is to just not give them, that's kind of crazy.

My Orthapedist has always said he doesn't prescribe narcs except for after surgery.  My general is the one that was more than willing then abruptly changes his mind.  That is frustrating.

11 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I'll agree with Elastigirl, circumstances are not an excuse to lower the bar but they have to be taken into account. For what you're dealing, you're doing really good.

Thanks.  I am trying to just take everything in stride and not eat myself numb.

6 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

So much going on! Glad your parents are recovering. It's totally sucky when there are issues during "routine" procedures. 

If you ever want to complain about baby-mama drama, please feel free to PM me! I totally deal with that too (although, we don't have to deal with child support luckily). 

The whole medication thing is such a pain. There is so much concern over abuse that people with legitimate needs have to jump through hoops to get meds. 

Oh the stories I am sure we could share.

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sorry you're having such a rough time. You are a beast though. You do more with tough circumstances than a lot of people who have it easy and sit on the couch all the time.

Thanks!  I try to keep telling myself that.  I won't give in or give up!

• Like 6

13 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

From 1983

He's the wolf screaming lonely in the night
He's the blood stain the stage

Stumped. And then I searched the Google for the answer and felt pretty dumb for not getting this one right.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Aces3000 said:

Stumped. And then I searched the Google for the answer and felt pretty dumb for not getting this one right.

Right there. 

• Like 2

From 1983.  I gave you a few more lyrics

Don't want to wait 'til you know me better
Let's just be glad for the time together
Life's such a treat and it's time you taste it
There ain't a reason on earth to waste it
It ain't a crime to be good to yourself

• Like 3

14 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

From 1983.  I gave you a few more lyrics

Don't want to wait 'til you know me better
Let's just be glad for the time together
Life's such a treat and it's time you taste it
There ain't a reason on earth to waste it
It ain't a crime to be good to yourself

• Like 3

On 2017-5-12 at 11:47 PM, T2sarahconnor said:

From 1983

He's the wolf screaming lonely in the night
He's the blood stain the stage

Did no-one actually get this? Disappointed - that's an awesome tune!

Spoiler