• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Xena

Xena lets the miles fall where they may

On 5/21/2017 at 6:07 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Interesting read on HR. Thanks for posting that.

When you do these ridiculously long races do you take a sleep in the middle or it is better to power through?

I haven't done any super long ones yet. There is a 30-h limit for one I applied to, but I should hit my target in about 12 hours. So no sleep for me! People who do very long races (~48+ hour range) sometimes take short ~1 hr-ish naps. I think a 24-30 hour race most commonly has people just powering through...but again some people do nap. Longer races (e.g., whole Appalachian trail) of course sleep more...but you are right, eventually sleep becomes part of the strategy.

23 hours ago, honeybadger said:

Decently successful sounds like a tad bit of understatement!!! Great job as always. Thanks for all your support this challenge. 

You too...I particularly appreciate the help you and Tank gave me a couple challenges ago about compassion fatigue. It really really helped to talk with the two of you.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Xena said:

You too...I particularly appreciate the help you and Tank gave me a couple challenges ago about compassion fatigue. It really really helped to talk with the two of you.

Speaking of that, how has your recovery been going?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Speaking of that, how has your recovery been going?

When I wrote those posts, I was at quite a low point. I learned a lot from talking about it on the forums and doing some reading on my own, and I've been feeling much better. But summer tends to be demanding and draining at work, so I need to think about how to maintain some boundaries and manage the situation over the next couple of months.  

• Like 5

You had a great challenge - I hope you're proud of yourself!

I don't particularly think we being to the same species when you casually talk about running 45 miles, but I eager await following along wide-eyed in October :)

Can't wait to see how you shake it up for next challenge!

• Like 1

Great job Xena! I'm just catching up after a couple busy weeks. The hill running at the end proves how bad-ass you are. It sounds miserable.

I'm glad you got your household tasks done and had your sushi reward. :)

Sounds like summer running might be even harder for you than winter running. What adaptations do you use to make yourself weatherproof in the hot season?