• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Monday, a good day. Double gym in the morning, bench and boxing. Work was fine, currently in the DnD game... had a tiny tantrum about the stupid wand of wonder and gave it to another character coz I'm over its bad behaviour...

Eat like a warrior~ protein good, forgot both my wallet and my keys today so had to make up a lunch from the things I had in the work cupboard and the two eggs and pickled stuff I brought to put in a salad, it ended up pretty good. Smoothie with banana and spinach, pickled veg, pumpkin soup, tinned salmon, I had some dried blueberries but then I found out they are made with 45% sugar (whuuuut?!), spaghetti Bol and carrot sticks with dip.

bc94743daee2b87acac50cd76c05c4f2.jpg

Training to defeat the Huns~ bench press of 25kg, I managed two presses at 27, but it was really tough, I see room for great improvement here, I also mentioned to the trainer I want to maybe have a go at a novice lifting comp, he said there is one in August and will send me some info. Also, boxing! My hands haven't stopped shaking all day, silly muscles.

Notes~ nothing at this stage.

Who is that girl I see? Yes and yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

had some dried blueberries but then I found out they are made with 45% sugar (whuuuut?!)

Was this added sugar or the naturally occurring sugar? Sugar concentration is the issue with dried fruit but often, too often if you ask me, they also add a ton more! 

• Like 3

Was this added sugar or the naturally occurring sugar? Sugar concentration is the issue with dried fruit but often, too often if you ask me, they also add a ton more! 

Jon beat me to it - berries can be full of sugar but naturally occurring fructose is better than refined sugar they've added. Always a better option than almost anything processed!

The ingredients list is "blueberries (55%), sugar, sunflower oil"... which makes me suspect added D: still, it was 50c for the packet and I ate way fewer than if they were MnMs... so mini-win I guess...?

Tuesday, a good day. Gym in the morning for a benchmark test, work was fine while I was there, also had a lot of class to go to. It was a chilly day but not too bad.

Eat like a warrior~ protein smoothie with banana and spinach, lunch was left over spag bol and carrot and celery sticks, dinner was a breadroll (oops).

31a08bcb3be07d2175e957595949174e.jpg

Train to defeat the Huns~ benchmark test today, I did way better than I thought I was going to, finished all of the first two rounds plus 200skips plus 30squat pulses of the first round of the third... round.

04e117adcdc9523574d6167a265b216e.jpg

Notes, in case I forget... PASS, classx2.

Who is that girl I see? Yes and yes and a Epsom bath to boot.

• Like 6

You did this benchmark before?

And the first round of the third round makes total sense  

First time of this one, we'll do it again in 4weeks to see how much we improve... I plan to finish it :D

• Like 3

Wednesday, a good day~ double gym in the morning for ROAR and a session with the PT to go over my squat form and get some pointers because I'm toying with the idea of doing a novice comp for lifting in August, turns out I need to roll out my hip flexors on the inside and outside of my legs to loosen some tightness so I can improve my squats. Took the day off work to go to a concert with Mr, his mum and his younger sister, it was pretty good and I smashed my step goal with all the mosh-pitting. Heading back to the hotel now for a shower and sleep. My poor feetsies.

Eat like a warrior~ toast with jam and peanut butter. I packed a bunch of health(ish) snacks to eat in the line instead of lunch, salami, jerky, carrot and celery sticks and dip, popcorn. For dinner had chicken strip things from a fast food place...

Notes~ That's a no from me.

Who is that girl I see? Washed but unsure if moisturised.

• Like 5

Thursday~ a pretty good day. A bit achey from the concert but isolated to my right butt-cheek not my feet... I'm thinking that was the muscle I was using to hold back the press of the mosh from the guy in front of me (he was ok, just had a minor panic attack about people touching him). The fact that I could hold back a big swell of people well enough that this guy could have some air made me pretty proud of my strength at the moment. Other than that tweaky cheek no carry over. Snoozed in the car on the way back (we set out at 6am, but had only had 4hrs sleep) then went straight to work for a professional development class which was pretty cool and interesting (otherwise I would have taken that day off too and slept), stayed back at work in the evening to submit an application for a different role... need to get out it's really starting to get toxic. Then Mr and I went to eatstreet and had a hotdog.

Eat like a warrior~ McD for breakfast, massive salad for lunch and hotdog for dinner... not great on the freggies front, but ok on the protein.

09a35e1f21000bbf03567f5d4a46fbc7.jpg

Training to defeat the Huns~ rest day.

Notes~ I picked up a free book in Chinese and skimmed through it... couldn't make sense of what it was about, but got a couple of words here and there.

Who is that girl I see? Missed this one today.

• Like 7

Friday, I feel like it was an ok day, but I'm not sure... can't recall any details of what happened in the day or whether I hit my goals... I know I went to work and the uni, but that's all I remember.

Saturday, started out a good day until I dropped my bundle. Went shopping in the morning to grab a few last pieces for the cosplay we were meant to wear to a mini-convention today (like Mr's pants) I was running a bit behind but still thought we could make it... then Mr was extremely resistant to the whole idea and dragging his feet, going through every possible reason we might not make it or he felt unprepared or he thought it was for the convention in a month etc... I finally figured out he was off his meds and asked him to take them which did not please him, then the cat ran through the paint and got it all over the carpet and his tail. Needless to say with all the cleanup we didn't even get to the mini-convention in standard clothes. For some reason this was incredibly upsetting to me and I cried for about an hour. I think I had been looking forward to doing something fun and a bit nerdy that -wasn't- DnD for once since I often feel like any spare time for seeing friends gets a DnD game crammed into the slot. Mr took me to get food and then I curled up on the couch and played the wolf among us game through start to finish, I think it's the first game (except maybe lego pirates of the Caribbean) I've finished. I'm feeling much better now, still disappointed, but not like it's the end of the world.

Didn't hit any goals today but wanted to check in even on the crummy days and not let two in a row go by without an update. Tomorrow will be a better day.

• Like 4

Sorry that the convention didn't work out.

That stinks. I hope Sunday is a better day for you.

Thanks guys, Sunday was an ok day :) now we have a head start for the convention in June. I also managed to squash the "I want to sulk on the couch with lemonade and icecream and donuts" feeling, so counting that as a win.

Sunday, an ok day. Woke up still in a funk, but cleaned the house ready to host DnD. Something about vacuuming the little bugs that have been driving me nuts off the ceiling made me feel a bit better (die!die!die!). By the time friends arrived I was pretty much back to normal. Game went ok, though we split the party so there were sections in which we weren't all playing- I had set up my textbook and blank flash cards and spent that time making memory cards to review and test myself. Went to bed super early (like 7pm) because it was a bit chilly and pjs seemed like a good idea.

Eat like a warrior: mince and couscous for breakfast, DnD snacks (I cracked out the carrot and celery sticks but didn't have any dip, they still got eaten though), then mince and couscous for dinner as well. Ok on the protein, fail on the freggies.

Train to defeat the Huns: rest day

Notes, in case I forget: I estimate an hour of study, spread out over the 5hours of game.

Who is that girl I see? Washed but unsure if moisturisered.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

I also managed to squash the "I want to sulk on the couch with lemonade and icecream and donuts" feeling, so counting that as a win.

A pretty epic win at that :)

• Like 2

A pretty epic win at that

:D every now and then I see a little glimpse of how I used to be and behave... even when I'm having a crappy day it's still nothing like the way things used to be.

Well done on checking in, even where you've had a bad day. I hope it helped to share it  

Thanks! It's good to touch base and know everyone is on my team here, quality stuff :)

• Like 3

Double update.

Monday, double gym in the morning, work then DnD.

eat???

Train: benched 4x6@25. Tried one at 30 and needed the spotter to step in, not ready to go up just yet... boxing was good, I was buddies with a girl and it was her first day so we went a bit slowly so I could help her learn the punches. I remember what that was like, so I don't mind that at all.

Study: nil, had peeps over.

Face: yes.

Tuesday: a pretty good day, gymmed then work mingled with class. Also got an interview confirmation for another role I applied for, so keen to go and do that and either get the role (huzzah!) or show my current supervisors that I'm serious when I say I'm looking elsewhere... we shall see how that goes. Also did yoga for the mini (10mins selfcare yoga with Adrianne, I quite liked it, though there was some emotion that came bubbling up which I clearly need to address at some stage when I have more than 10mins).

Eating: alright but nothing special, somewhere along the way I forgot to take photos... I'll try and get back on that. had my breakfast smoothie then a tin of tuna and some spinach for lunch, some chicken nuggets for dinner.

Notes: had 4hrs of class

Whois that girl I see? (Na xiao jie, Ta shi shei?) yes and yes.

• Like 4

Double update since I seem to keep missing the on time ones...

Wednesday: a fine day, gym, work, watched some crappy Netflix. Really glad I've got the gym in the morning because it's really hard to get up in the morning for work while it's this crappy.

Eat like a warrior~ smoothie, salad, unsure about dinner... leftover chicken? Hit the freggies early in the day and if I did have leftover chicken then hit the protein too.

5fc8ca07650241df504c2ddf106b8f17.jpg

Training to defeat the Huns~

e95365b11f1b96bb3da798bf215d75a0.jpg

A toughie, but good.

Notes~ notes nothing today.

Who is that girl I see? Yes and yes.

Thursday~ I had a tough day at work, despite only being there for half a day. It's really weighing on me how much my performance has slipped since this whole management debarcle to the point where I both had a fit of the giggles (hello stress) and at one stage filled with tears (didn't cry, sucked those buggers back in through sheer force of will)... I just feel like such a bad example for the casual staff with how unmotivated and honestly, slack, I've been being lately... I just can't bring myself to care. I care about the students, absolutely, but the extra junk the management want me to do I just have to force myself to grind it out if I even can. Had a professional development class in the morning which was excellent, but I scored an 'outlier' on one of the example tests and the leader said something along the lines of 'that's strange for someone who is happy in their job...' and I realised (or acknowledged maybe) I'm really not happy in my job. I like the work itself, but the headings of additional responsibilities without recognition or higher duties payment linked with management not knowing what they're doing yet still trying to catch the frontline staff out on processes they don't even understand has worn me down. I'm really hoping this interview on Monday comes to fruition, because I can't see myself staying much longer and I need another job before I can leave this one.

Eat. Had a protein smoothie from the juice shop next to the gym and it was amazing, so delicious... definitely had peanut butter in it but the rest is a mystery... still hungry after it so had sweet tater for breakfast... lunch was salad with haloumi and feta (yum) and dinner was roast chook and roast veggies (would you believe they delivered that fancy-ass spread?!). Also made some not great food choices, including a large pack of chips (crisps) and a bunch of chocolate chips.

9258db78024ae87a10b58e9201ecdd06.jpg

5d6fc55b8e90ab3a6610a4d6919b13ac.jpg

7c8b652241b0e4da4f122a8bdcdbb348.jpg

Train. Yeah, good workout, my hands are starting to lose the callouses though, need to get back to the big lifts again in the off days.

93cc3a50beec625d40d1b8cbddba0e9d.jpg

Notes. Class for the business degree, it was pretty good. Two of my group members are Chinese, so I was able to practice a tiny bit of Mandarin as well when we were introducing ourselves.

Face. Yes and yes.

• Like 5

I'm still kicking. The vampiric workplace is sucking the life out of me, I fell off the 'no soft drink' wagon, hard, and I haven't been to the gym in almost a week. I will persevere. I will get the new challenge thread up by end of zero week and I will keep on keeping on. Because I'm a badass Ranger.

• Like 5