• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mike Wazowski

Mike Wazowski: Tag- and Theme-Free

Keeping it basic this challenge, focusing 5 goals (plus one bonus) on four key areas:

Health:

• Allocate 8+ hours to sleep each night (will require me to dial-in my morning and evening routines)
  • Stick to cut calories every day, except for a variance 5/5 - 5/7 when good friends from college are in town (when I won't track)

Injury rehab:

• Do ankle / foot exercises I need to ensure my ankles are strong to keep dancing (nothing bad recently

Work: 

• Lock my phone in a drawer and don't go to non-work websites from 9 to 3 every workday (it'll mean I won't be on the forums as much)

LUYL: 

• Make an online dating profile and start using it (haven't picked a platform yet, but I want to at least put myself out there again)
  • (BONUS) Start upgrading wardrobe / filling in holes (I recently made a list of clothing purchases I should make in the near-ish future for my professional 

Currently no theme or gifs, might pick a theme and get more creative later, but if not I'll just stick to basics and that'll be enough.

• Like 6

Looks like a great and focused challenge!

Regarding online dating sites, they all seemed to attract different crowds (at least when I used them a while back), so definitely factor that in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

Basics are good! Basics are awesome!!! Getting shit done yo!

giphy.gif

That gif is epic. 'Nuff said.

Also why I could never take up being a stunt double or action scene actor. I'd totally end a tumble shot with a baby arabesque on releve.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

That gif is epic. 'Nuff said.

Not totally related... but I couldn't pass it up ;) 

3 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

Also why I could never take up being a stunt double or action scene actor. I'd totally end a tumble shot with a baby arabesque on releve.

OMG the world needs that!!!!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RedStone said:

Not totally related... but I couldn't pass it up ;) 

:) but nothing's off-topic when there is no topic!

6 hours ago, Laghail said:

Image result for tag free gif

200.webp#10? I don't even know what your gif is, but I like it.

3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

AHHHHH we traded. I accidentally themed myself.

With my non-existent knowledge of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, I think you made a great subconscious theme choice!

3 hours ago, calanthrophy said:

Are we all really gonna let this one go?

Even right after mentioning signing up for dating sites?

All right.

...whoops. Definitely did not intend that innuendo.

2 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Following along!

giphy.gif

200.webp#0

10 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Looks like a great and focused challenge!

Regarding online dating sites, they all seemed to attract different crowds (at least when I used them a while back), so definitely factor that in. 

Accidentally missed this one in my last batch response! Any thoughts on what the different crowds on different sites / apps are? I'll do some research on my own, but I know I don't want a platform where a high percentage of users are looking for a one-night stand (nothing against those people or platforms, just not what I'm looking for).

• Like 3

Not setting up the checkboxes yet, but today I did the foot exercises, hit cut calories, will allocate the time for sleep, and successfully locked my phone in my desk drawer. That one's gonna be the toughest but also most important - I was definitely more productive than average today, even in my unproductive moments.

Also, I just discovered princess rap battles on YouTube. I'm sure I'm late to the party on this but O.M.G.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

Also, I just discovered princess rap battles on YouTube. I'm sure I'm late to the party on this but O.M.G.

Oooo... dear. I'm gonna have to block off some time for this.

Doing the thing is #1! Solid solid solid! 

• Like 1

Are you also aware of epic rap battles of history?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Are you also aware of epic rap battles of history?

I am not. I need to block off some serious time to crawl down this rabbit hole on YouTube - probably this weekend.

14 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Oooo... dear. I'm gonna have to block off some time for this.

I started with Katniss vs Hermione and it was EPIC. In part because I'm a huge fan of both series but also it had Molly C Quinn as Hermione (I may or may not have teensy crush on her).

I am not. I need to block off some serious time to crawl down this rabbit hole on YouTube - probably this weekend.

It's 3 or 4 seasons now of mostly amazing. Worth the time sink.

• Like 1

This morning's workout, with light editing, is below. Did the thing fasted and it didn't turn out too bad. Had one mild headache but nowhere near as bad as what sent me to the doctor, hoping I can keep that up!

Still tweaking the morning routine so it took longer than desired this morning, but I wrote down some CPI ideas to try tomorrow. Oatmeal is ready and I'm one minute over my 9:00 lock phone in drawer time, so wrapping this up now.

Bench:
- 45 x 5 x 2
- 95 x 5
- 130 x 5 x 5
- 130 x 13
BB Incline: 110 x 8, 115x8, 120x6 (start 120 next)
DB Bench: 40 x 10, 45x10, 50x10 (start 55 next)
DB Incline: 35 x 12, 40x10, 40x (start next)
Dips: BW x 8, 6, 6
Lying triceps: 50 x 8, 50x8, 50x8 (60 next)
Circuit 3x:
- Cable Crunch 65 x 12 x 3
- Straight leg chair raises x 10
- Bicycle crunches x 20

• Like 4

So, I'm signing up for dating apps at the moment, let me know what you're looking for and maybe I can help?

Coffee Meets Bagel is popular with my more professional friends, everyone still uses tinder, bumble was supposed to be like tinder (but classier) but they're essentially the same (but bumble has less people), and Get Down is the one night stand one (that you won't want to use from what you said above).

I've made profiles on Bumble and Coffee Meets Bagel, so I have a better idea about those, but I looked into them pretty extensively if you want more info.

PM me or quote/tag me!

• Like 1

hiiii following!

putting yourself back out there is scary AF, but totally worth it! I have no idea what the cool kids are using nowadays, so unfortunately I can't help there. 

I struggle with the sleeps too. following along in case you come up with something :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ArgSki77 said:

Throwing this out there that this is a thing...really channel that inner warrior

http://www.weightsndates.com/

7 hours ago, calanthrophy said:

This is seriously a damned good idea. However, I'd worry that the male:female ratio is even more skewed than on traditional dating sites/apps.

Dang, that is an interesting idea, though I'm probably not that likely to pursue it since weightlifting isn't as central to my identity as it is to some warriors. I only poked around for a minute, but I appreciate that they distinguish between CrossFit and Weights in their self-identification groups.

7 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

So, I'm signing up for dating apps at the moment, let me know what you're looking for and maybe I can help?

Coffee Meets Bagel is popular with my more professional friends, everyone still uses tinder, bumble was supposed to be like tinder (but classier) but they're essentially the same (but bumble has less people), and Get Down is the one night stand one (that you won't want to use from what you said above).

I've made profiles on Bumble and Coffee Meets Bagel, so I have a better idea about those, but I looked into them pretty extensively if you want more info.

PM me or quote/tag me!

Oh nice! Part of my problem is likely not being sure what I'm looking for in online dating, I'm a youngish (26 y.o.) professional who's also a practicing Catholic, which makes me lean a bit towards apps where writing some basic details in your profile is the norm (so I can filter people out and also signal some potential deal-breakers to others). I'm also intrigued by sites that claim to have compatibility algorithms (because...nerd) but I'm a bit skeptical of their effectiveness and pretty sure I don't want to shell out money for online dating (via eHarmony or Match). But in general I am partial to young professionals, I find it really hard to make conversation with my dance partner or some of her circle of friends I know who come from a less education-emphasizing background (improper or sloppy word usage reallllllly gets on my nerves at times).

And you're right, I can solidly rule out Get Down lol. I did have a profile on Coffee Meets Bagel but I kinda half-assed filling it out and never updated it, which was dumb. I think halfway decent first steps for me would be editing my CMB profile and also making one on Bumble (not needing to start the convo would make my introvert brain happy lol).

6 hours ago, spezzy said:

hiiii following!

putting yourself back out there is scary AF, but totally worth it! I have no idea what the cool kids are using nowadays, so unfortunately I can't help there. 

I struggle with the sleeps too. following along in case you come up with something :)

Hiiiiii! Agreed, putting myself out there is terrifying (introvert life) but I know I'll be grateful I did it, at least at some point!

Wish I could say I had any secrets, about the only thing I've found works really well for me is slowly reducing how many lights are on in my apartment as I wind down for bed.

• Like 3

On a really intense work project for the next couple weeks so I won't be posting much, but...

- Still lifting every morning (except Monday when parents were leaving so I met them for breakfast) - not a goal but I wouldn't be a real warrior if I didn't mention it

- Ankle/ foot exercises have been skipped the past couple nights in favor of more sleep- need to start prioritizing these

- Sleep has been shy of 8 hours but better than 7 - still an overall upward trend so I'll take it

- Food has been over target range but still under maintenance - delicious Easter leftovers are consciously being eaten instead of sticking to cut calories strictly, starting tomorrow I'll get strict on this

- Phone has been coming out more than planned, but I'm still getting in more focused work time - settling for progress here

- Dating profile has not been made, but is on tap for this weekend (I'm in Houston so I'll have quite a bit of down time)

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

- an overall upward trend so I'll take it

- still under maintenance 

- getting in more focused work time - settling for progress here

you can't settle for progress, progress is progress! it's awesome! and it's only zero week :D 

• Like 5