Coco P Loco comes to play with the Assassins!

Coco P Loco

Hello, Assassin-e folks! I thought that for my second 4-week challenge I'd come and play in your corner of the playground - I hope that's ok!!
Last challenge I was attracted by your fabulous Assassin-e Street mini challenge, but I skulked in the corner just checking out the cool things you're all getting up to… I think I want to be one of you! I want to be able to do all the fun stuff too!

I have signed up for the NF Rings & Handstands and I'm well on my way to becoming a Handstand Ninja. I hope to get some gymnastic rings soon too. I'm sooooooo looking forward to it!

So following on from my first challenge, here's the plan for my second 4-week challenge:

Quest: Get strong & be healthy
1. Mindful eating - continue to keep my food journal, eat only when hungry, keep portion size under control, eat pulses/legumes/lentils on a daily basis, eat maximum of one mini treat per day (for example, 2 squares choc / 1 small piece of celebration cake/sweet)

2a. Workout - Follow plan (3x Strength, 2x Cardio per week)

2b. Daily Steps - Week 0 daily target = 9000| Week 1 daily target = 9500 | Week 2 daily target = 10000 | Week 3 & 4 daily target > 10000 

○ I started in the last 4-week challenge with a daily average of 4600 steps, and by the final week was averaging 9300/day against my target of 8500.
        ○ If feeling under the weather, make a proper attempt to complete steps, complete warm up, and simplified version of my workout.
        ○ On rest days, just walk and complete Ninja moves rest day plan.
        ○ When in Pune - Completing planned workout will count as success, whether steps are met or not. Check hotel gym for access to a treadmill to complete steps.

Quest: Ninja moves
3. At least 5 mins daily handstand practice - Follow the exercises at my level as per the NF Handstands pack.
        ○ Rest or sick days - do mobility and wrist/hand strengthening exercises only
        ○ Crow Pose only on workout days, as it's still more strength work than balance work for me right now

Quest: Be a better me
4a. At least 5 mins daily Hindi practice on Memrise (I've been living in India for 10 years now, and my grasp of the language is poor)

4b. Sketch a person on at least 3 days of the week (I was sketching every day for a year and a half, but got burnt out at the end of last year. I'd like to learn to sketch people, but my fear of failing has been stopping me moving forward on this one)

I'll try to check in often, as I found that worked for me quite well during the first challenge. Hope to see you all around!

• Like 6

Current Challenge

Backstory | Challenge 1 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 3 | Challenge 4 | Challenge 5

"We are what we believe we are." - CS Lewis

Welcome to the Assassins!  Your goals look good!  i really like the sketching goal (i have a creative goal myself this round).  I'm also working my way through the NF handstand and rings.  Focusing on the rings currently because they have them set up at my gym so I would do a couple things before or after the class.  Definitely keep checking in.  Accountability is good.

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

I like your goals this time around. I still love how you call it ninja moves. Who doesn't want to be a ninja?

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

I like your mindful eating goal. The one treat a day thing is such an awesome guideline. I have a sweet tooth, and I made a one sugary item a day rule a few months back (my rule was that a sugary item was anything that had more than 20g of sugar - fruit doesn't count against it, though, because I don't binge on fruit). It was so hard in the beginning. I would get to the end of the day and really want a cup of hot cocoa only to realize that I had had a sugary coffee drink for breakfast and I couldn't. I started substituting things so I didn't get in that situation again, and I realized a month ago or so that I was going whole days without even bothering with a sugary treat at all, because they were all so sweet that I would usually rather just have my substitutes instead.  

• Like 1

Great challenge goals! :D  Good luck!

On 17/04/2017 at 4:42 PM, Coco P Loco said:

NF Rings & Handstands

This reminds me, NF have a yoga programme too, I believe - I should check it out!

• Like 1

Level 16 Warrior Druidess

Walk FROM Mordor   Challenges: Current (#17)   Previous (#1-16)

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

Thank you to all those took the time to encourage me...

Unfortunately, I got ill and had to focus all my limited energy reserves on work (which has been even crazier than usual recentlY!), pretty much stopping me in my tracks before I could even begin with my 4-week challenge.

That's ok, though. I figure that I'll re-evaluate my plan once I'm back up to speed. My focus for this week is to get my food and walking back on track, and hopefully, my exercise plan will follow along soon.

I'm still doing well on the Hindi - You don't need to be at 100% to mess around with a smartphone app for a few minutes every day! I have, however, made no progress at all on the 'drawing people' front... I think this one scares me!

• Like 3

Current Challenge

7 hours ago, Coco P Loco said:

I'm still doing well on the Hindi - You don't need to be at 100% to mess around with a smartphone app for a few minutes every day!

Yay!!

And don't be scared about drawing people. I think people always appreciate art no matter what cause you're trying something creative. Not an easy feat! 

• Like 2

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

Yay!!

And don't be scared about drawing people. I think people always appreciate art no matter what cause you're trying something creative. Not an easy feat! 

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Just logged my first workout in 10 days on the mini challenge sheet... After breakfast, I will pick up my pen and draw! Feeling invincible ;p

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Sorry to hear you got struck down with illness. Hope you're feeling better now. Sometimes it's good to reset and work back into your goals one at a time. How's the week been going? 

Thanks Manarelle! It's been going quite well, though getting back into the habit of walking has been the most challenging.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

How'd week 3 go? 

Hey Manarelle, thanks for asking!

I've been feeling much better this last week. With lots of my team out ill or on emergency family leave, I've been even busier than usual in the office, so getting my steps in had been hit and miss.

Food had been pretty good most days, with not too much 'outside' food (as we call it in Mumbai). And even when I've had outside food, it's been relatively healthy and I've added extra veggies /salad too.

Finally got gymnastic rings! I'd had to order them, and my SIL picked them up from the store for me yesterday evening, on her way back from town, then she even dropped them round... So sweet of her, otherwise I'd have had to wait until much later in the week to go collect them.

Got the rings all set up and jumped straight in with the level 1 exercises in the NF Rings pack - Arms are gonna hurt tomorrow[emoji37]

Next week I'll plan out my next challenge, though I think I'll just go for a redo of this one, seeing as I was ill for pretty much the whole time.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

On 5/21/2017 at 0:30 PM, Coco P Loco said:

Next week I'll plan out my next challenge, though I think I'll just go for a redo of this one, seeing as I was ill for pretty much the whole time.

Yeah, getting sidelined by illness stinks, but good attitude for getting back up and continuing! How do you like the rings pack? I got the handstands and rings last year, but have just been working on the handstands part. my rings are hung off a pull-up bar for incline pull ups right now. Someday!

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

On 23/05/2017 at 2:17 AM, Manarelle said:

How do you like the rings pack? I got the handstands and rings last year, but have just been working on the handstands part. my rings are hung off a pull-up bar for incline pull ups right now. Someday!

Loving the rings, in fact substituting some of my usual workout moves for rings versions! And still going on (slowly) on the handstands.

Rings.jpg.7cfb83685812fd5b26ff7fcea576ef1d.jpg

So, I thought I should wrap up this challenge, and move on with the new...

Challenge 2 Retrospective:

I got ill during week 1 and didn't really recover until the end of week 3, so didn't really focus on the challenge.

I did, however, join up for Munchkin when I was feeling nearly better, which helped me get my strength workouts back on track :D

Buuuuut... I have been skiving off from cardio. It's pre-monsoon here in Mumbai, which means the weather is bleeeergh - super hot and horribly humid…

I think I'll be shifting a lot of the goals from this challenge to my new challenge, which I hope to get up tomorrow!!!

Overall grade: meh

• Like 2

Current Challenge