15 hours ago, Korranation said:

I've discussed this kind of behavior in previous challenges. And yes it is a little more out of hand than your garden variety stepparent/child issues. 

These kinds of outbursts usually happen when either I spend too much time at home or the summer/winter holidays roll around. Yes it's a big problem and the sooner I can distance myself from this the better. 

=

We've totally talked about this before! Your whole situation still super irritates me! You did a great job dealing with this particular situation though!

The military is a great solution if you crave discipline and are willing to work hard. It's definitely one of those things that if you don't really want to be in the military, you are probably going to not like it. Whatever you decide, you will be amazing!

• Like 2

WEEK 1 DAY 7

Yay for the late posting. 

Keeping up with the other posts is a fun challenge and thank goodness for tapatalk or I would have fallen miserably behind long ago. 

606b674b80f38d53a9d9f6b6027d0564.gif

I spent the morning and afternoon throwing down the freshest of comebacks and gifs at everyone both on the NF forums and the RH fb group. I like to post my daily update towards the end of the evening. But it ends up going to the back burner, being forgotten about, bursts into flames, and those charcoals are thrown out and made into the next day's leftovers. I go through my computers history just to remind myself what I've done the previous days and let me tell you... I've got a very interesting search that no one would be able to figure out or follow without a proper backstory. 

bfef047552fa6c1a5f721dc996a5bd5f.gif

I chilled the majority of the day with my wingpupper and caught up on some must see youtube videos. At work, I got to enjoy a slow evening thanks to SA fiesta and hid in the back of the story to clean up products (we call it facing.) The only downside was a crushed case of cat food that had cans so squished that the juices inside had fermented and oozed out. So my pants smelt like Vienna sausage and rising dough for the rest of the shift. The puppers that stopped by didn't seem to mind and the eau de wet dog masked the mild musk. 

giphy.gif

I came home to find a place to myself so I decided to celebrate. Cuz I'm worth it. I picked up the finest chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, green beans, and barefoot riesling from the local grocer and had my night. I got so carried away nuggets and mac that I didn't have much room for the wine afterward. I used my pupper as a head rest while perusing youtube yet again. 

b36daf764045a03e7b3e6fcab4dcb346.jpg

X Pull-up Lunge Push-up (PLP) Challenge [x7]

X Workout [x3]

X Create Your Plate [x3]

X Meditation [x4]

Self-Care [x3]

• Like 5

WEEK 2 DAY 1

Starting this week off early. I only pulled the goals from Rising Heroes about an hour ago so today is more of a "let's see what's in the hat and check if it matches today's past activities." Except you're having your fingers crossed that it's more of a Disney bunny and not a Montey Python or Grimm Adventures type of bunny. 

thumper-4.jpg

bunny2.png

Tech disconnect goals is a joke in my book. I'm connected 24/7. Of course, I'm respectful when I'm with family and friends and give them my undivided attention. And if they're the ones with their faces hidden behind a screen I'll remind them how much I care about them by taking a pic of them in action and text it to them with the caption "I miss you."

1373825588-smartphoneaddiction.jpg?9dab8 

I haven't done any mindful walking today. The first time I tried it was after I went through a crazy meditation binge where I checked out all kinds of books from the public library on the subject. One of the books had a CD in it with audio tracks about all the different types of meditation. I spent ten minutes listening to the audio track of the walking meditation and focusing more on the instructions than the actual walking. It was a lot like slow marching and it really has my doge concerned. 

YRMW3wldR1uH5fZPqi0q_d11.gif

Again the PLP challenge is a major failure in my book. Yes, I've got a book and it's got it's got separate chapters for jokes and failures. The only time I've counted this one was during my strength training workouts since they do pushups, lunges, and weird maneuvers that could be considered pull ups if you bent the definition of a pull-up and got creative. 

856f7f0946a6c2e373ee775ce245088c.gif

I didn't have time to workout today since I had to open for work today. Yes, I closed shop yesterday and yes, I opened up the following day. I think the "store computer" that makes the schedules has it out for me. On the plus side, it was really chill at work, all the customers and dogs were chill, and I got to help a mom and her son how to properly put a cat harness on their cat. I'm so glad I watched a random online video demonstrating techniques on how to calm cats down by stroking the tip of the nose to the top of the head with one finger. 

ba172250-5ce0-0133-4cff-0e3f8b958f63.gif

The meal mastery is one of those in your face kind of challenges where if you don't deal with it early on it's going to get annoying later on. I'll check when supercook.com recommends based on what's currently in the kitchen. I'll make three lunch dishes from those and post pics here once they're made. 

59d13f157963a41a0cc26ab5f564c102.jpg

Cardio. This is part of the PVP challenge. I had my fingers crossed for the stationary bike as I could imagine myself singing along to a yawamoshi pedal song as I leisurely finished ping pong club on crunchy roll. Instead, I have the jump rope. I pray that  Cthulu or Loki does not mess with the rope in that I don't get too many whelps on my legs from the slow jumps, don't break and tech that is in the vicinity of it's swinging death trap, no light bulbs shatter from its overbearing arch, and my dog does not get a smacking from getting too close while concerned by my erratic workout behavior. 

✔ Tech Disconnect [x7]
-   Avoid mobile devices while interacting with friends/family, and avoid mindless social media scrolling at any time.

X It’s All in Your Head 3: Bend Time on a Mindfulness Walk [x7]
-   Go for a daily walk - for at least 5 minutes - and use your senses one at a time to increase awareness of the space around you.

X PLP Challenge [x7]
-   This month-long challenge is a progressive pull-up, lunge, and push-up challenge. Starting on Day 1, do 10 reps of each exercise (scaled movements and alternatives are included in the long description), each day.

X Workout [x3]
-   complete 3 workouts a week. All workouts must be logged/tracked to count as mission completion.

X Nutrition Boss Battle: Meal Mastery [x3]
-   Plan out meals for 3 days this week, and stick to your plan.

X Cardio [x3]

-  Do 15-30min of jump rope at least three times this week. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Korranation said:

bfef047552fa6c1a5f721dc996a5bd5f.gif

I love this movie. :) In fact, it is one of the DVDs I decided to keep. ^____^

7 hours ago, Korranation said:

And if they're the ones with their faces hidden behind a screen I'll remind them how much I care about them by taking a pic of them in action and text it to them with the caption "I miss you."

I love this idea. I have no idea how my friends would react though.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Korranation said:

And if they're the ones with their faces hidden behind a screen I'll remind them how much I care about them by taking a pic of them in action and text it to them with the caption "I miss you."

I agree with @Dagger. This is brilliant. I would add in a frown emoji with a little tear for added effect. 

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Korranation said:

Of course, I'm respectful when I'm with family and friends and give them my undivided attention. And if they're the ones with their faces hidden behind a screen I'll remind them how much I care about them by taking a pic of them in action and text it to them with the caption "I miss you."

1373825588-smartphoneaddiction.jpg?9dab8 

Brilliant!  I love this. My hubby is terrible with this when we go out as a family.  I'm totes stealing this.  

Your gif game is ace, BTW. 

• Like 4

WEEK 2 DAY 2

Looks like slow days here on out. Or until the weekend. Because you know. Work stuff. 

I had posted the previous days check in early since I had really late evening plans. But those plans were a little sour. Here's the long story. Because no one likes a tldr minus the juicy details. So some extended family had made plans for my fam to go to a late dinner (last minute too) for a fair-thee-well of their prodigal daughter to go to the mystical land of Canda to learn the ancient art of contouring. I wasn't able to make it since I had made plans in advance. Or so I thought. I had misread the text my friend had sent about the time and was ahead by one hour. I knew they would be back by then even though the restaurant they were going to was on the opposite side of town. So I packed my things and ventured towards the safe haven that is Starbucks. While there I played my ever addicting app that I have a love-hate relationship with KHuX. (This app is so ridiculous it's got its own extensive wiki page.) After some time I got a text that my friend who originally made the plans was tired from work and would be late. So I went to the bowling alley where we were going to get out bowl on. And yes she was late. Nevertheless, we had a grand time. And during that time we talked about life. She talked about how she came back to town to interview dozens of her company's employees about a manager with bad bedside manners. And I talked about how I'm still without a job, considering joining the war machine or at least the air force, still have step parental issues, and am woefully single. Because like any strong independent woman, I am apparently incomplete without an even stronger man (that pretends to be the ruler of the relationship, but is, in reality, the puppet to showcase our prowess. ie. Barack and Michelle Obama). 

dd3e4538a7b05d48d62668877c7ceee2.gif

I went home feeling more emotionally drained and sporting the classic "why-so-glum-chum" face. Thankfully it was late.. on a weekday... and everyone was in bed. I did wake up the stepsister and started maternally scolding me for being out late and wondering where I've been and asking where my work uniform was because it was her assumption that I was working. I shooshed her back into her chambers and shooshed myself to mine to greet a nice bottle of riesling. I proceeded to enjoy a (few) glass(es) paired with string cheese and internet gaming videos. I can see the glamor the movies give to mom's drinking wine in the evening. 

http://www.winemind.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Kristen-Wiig-wine.gif

drink-wine-animated-gif-4.gif

----

Guess I've got more to say about yesterday's evening than the sum of today. But that's what you get for having so many off days. 

I plunged myself into the realm of NF, both on the forums, the academy, and rising heroes. RH needs it's own story since I delved even deeper down the rabbit hole that are the chat systems of the division, squad, and my new wingman. I kept up with the forum and gave my A game of fresh gifs. However, outside the forums, I found out that I had gotten lost in the RH system for the third time. I hadn't been receiving crucial weekly emails from the rebel overlords about the shadow organization overlords. That may explain why my last challenge wasn't up to par. I was unknowingly in the grip of the evil group and doing unhealthy things.... honestly, NF is my distraction from the harsh reality that I fall within the millennial stereotype of having a diploma and no job since no one will hire without experience and you can't get experience if no one will hire. At this point, I will take "artistic liberties" with my resume by embellishing each one with the job description verbatim. I will also call the companies every day like a crazy person who should see other forms of help. 

giphy.gif

3bd18d8345069445e82ca9674efbdeb4.jpg

I did my disconnect today by not using tech while eating dinner today. Granted, I didn't have any tech with me. My dad did though since people from work kept calling and texting him about planning for doomsday and plans to stop evil neerdowells from ruining fiesta for the rest of us. 

1939977cec12559c470205d92f3503f5680ecf57

I didn't do the mindful walking. I did mindless walking with my doge. We did a perimeter check of the neighborhood as always. I was plugged into my comedy podcast. As I listening I had to stifle giggles in fear that there may be hidden evening walkers in the dark. Like me. 

9a0986c30a33159143b42f5245adcbc5.gif

I didn't do any workout, cardio, or PLP challenge today either. It was one of those blah days where you realize your stomach likes to punish you for late night indulgences. And I had put the meal mastery quest on the back burner since food wasn't my main concern for the day.

giphy.gif

Also, there was a quest I overlooked for this week since it was hidden behind all the others and a completed do once month long quests. It's the "Quest Completion 104: The Choice is Yours and Yours Alone" where you consciously make a decision to turn a negative, impatient, or rude reaction into a productive, positive, or kind response at least three times this week. I could give myself the benefit of the doubt, like I sometimes do, and say that writing all comedic cynicism here and adding a glitter false layer of gifs is productive. I'd love to know how to turn a positive spin on my current irl issue without it sounding like an outright lie the spider sheeple spin. I could take the Chinese farmers approach, but it's more of a go with the flow and not the stand up for yourself kind of thing.  Or I could listen to more Alan Watt philosophy to exist in the moment, but ignore the rules of the game of existence and don't play into it to further the stage. 

Consciously make a decision to turn a negative, impatient, or rude reaction into a productive, positive, or kind response at least three times this week.

✔ Tech Disconnect [x7]
X Mindfulness Walk [x7]
X PLP Challenge [x7]
X Workout [x3]

X Nutrition Boss Battle: Meal Mastery [x3]

X Cardio [x3]

• Like 5

WEEK 2 DAY 3

Another slow day for the win. I woke up late since I stayed up late. I'm starting to fall back into the sad state where I enjoy the late hours when everyone else is asleep when I should be and start waking up later and later. I'll have to fix that later. Anyways... I was really itching to check off the bolded list I always leave on my daily/(nightly) check-ins so I worked out, cooked enough chicken and quinoa for four meals, and ran some errands. 

354a7c7ed584ac5379d24109d6ed986a.gif

I waited later in the evening with my sisters for my stepmom to get off work so we could have dinner together. One problem was, she was in a mood again. Luckily, my stepsister had to run back in the house for her purse and let us know before we could walk out the door. My sister made the excuse that she had finals to study for and I said I already have made something (which I did). I enjoyed my prepped meal and it filled my up. I also added in some mixed veggies for some extra color and fiber.

tenor.gif

✔ Tech Disconnect [x7]
X Mindfulness Walk [x7]
PLP Challenge [x7]
Workout [x3]

Nutrition Boss Battle: Meal Mastery [x3]

X Cardio [x3]

• Like 8
7 hours ago, Korranation said:

I waited later in the evening with my sisters for my stepmom to get off work so we could have dinner together. One problem was, she was in a mood again. Luckily, my stepsister had to run back in the house for her purse and let us know before we could walk out the door. My sister made the excuse that she had finals to study for and I said I already have made something (which I did). I enjoyed my prepped meal and it filled my up. I also added in some mixed veggies for some extra color and fiber.

as a self-identified introvert I know the joys of cancelled dinner plans ;) well, at least ones with less than joyful people. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Korranation said:

I'm starting to fall back into the sad state where I enjoy the late hours when everyone else is asleep when I should be and start waking up later and later.

I pretty much live in that place, especially when I'm wrestling with some emotions. But I'm really happy see that you "got stuff done." :)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

WEEK 2 DAY 4

I woke up seriously sore from yesterday's workout. Mostly in the arms. I got too excited with the shadow boxing part. I think it's cool how quick those MMA fighters can move their fists I thought I'd give it a shot. I guess you can say that I'm ripped now. Since my muscles are breaking down and building themselves back up stronger this time. 

664ed230c3883a3675bc3b4803cd9120.jpg

I tried doing the mindfulness walking during my evening perimeter stroll with my doge. I ended up in a slow march as I felt my heel connect with the sidewalk the suface push back at my feet. I was a little upset with my podcast since I finished binge listening to "Two Dope Queens." Those comedians and their guest stars made me laugh so much and I don't know of any podcast that could shine as bright at theirs did. Luckily, I made a list of everything else I need to listening to according to a bunch of podcast junkie rebels in Rising Heroes during the first month this year. I was trying out "Rich Roll."  I didn't like how slowly his and his guests talked since it didn't match the tempo of my fast walking. I stuck it out and made it more than halfway through the second episode (after skipping the first intro.) It was a white guy who made it big in NY in the late 90's by inventing internet ad's, selling his stock a year before the market crash, and settling his family in a part of Kawaii island in Hawaii to live a sustainable life. His first explanation of being connected to the earth and feeling it's aura really threw me off. It made sense later once he talked about knowing high and low tide, the change in weather based on winds, knowing what season it is based on where the sun sets and rises, and the lunar cycles. When you've stuck yourself on an island and disconnect yourself from tech I guess you'd notice those basic changes instead of having an app tell you about it. I did get excited when he talked about sustainable living within the community and putting money back into local stores instead of throwing it away to big business.

giphy.gif

I don't know how to do this tech disconnect since I don't see too many people in the day. The only time I get to disconnect is during dinner. We had sandwiches since everyone is busy with fiesta and finals. I was healthy and had a lettuce wrap with hickory smokes turkey with muenster cheese and mustard. I was bad in that I volunteered to try an experimental drink of big red and cherry vodka. It tasted just like the cough syrup I had growing up. And it gave me a headache right after I finished it. That usually happens when I drink tequila. 

tenor.gif

✔ Tech Disconnect [x7]
X Mindfulness Walk [x7]
X PLP Challenge [x7]
X Workout [x3]

X Cardio [x3]

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Korranation said:

I don't know how to do this tech disconnect since I don't see too many people in the day. The only time I get to disconnect is during dinner.

Take your pup and a book to the park and sit under a tree to read a book. 

Go for a walk with the pup WITHOUT a podcast.  Just enjoy the sounds of your surroundings.

Daydream

geocaching

Just a few ideas... 

• Like 2
Just now, Ryuu1011 said:

So I love geocaching and @Korranation if you've never done it before you totally should! but I don't think you can do it disconnected? Unless you've got a gps device that's not your phone or did you have something else in mind LadyShello?

Good point.  I haven't done it before actually so I didn't even think of that... 

Learn to crochet or knit?

6 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Take your pup and a book to the park and sit under a tree to read a book. 

Go for a walk with the pup WITHOUT a podcast.  Just enjoy the sounds of your surroundings.

Daydream

geocaching

Just a few ideas... 

5 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

So I love geocaching and @Korranation if you've never done it before you totally should! but I don't think you can do it disconnected? Unless you've got a gps device that's not your phone or did you have something else in mind LadyShello?

5 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Good point.  I haven't done it before actually so I didn't even think of that... 

Learn to crochet or knit?

I should try spending an evening walk minus the headphones. Maybe I'll hear those key sounds. Like approaching coyotes. (I wish I was joking about that part) 

I'm not much of a daydreamer anymore. It usually turns into replays of past events from the memory's cringe bin. 

giphy.gif

I could do geocaching again. I'd like to invest in a gps device or find an old tomtom and print out the webpages of the caches  want beforehand. I've tried geocaching in the past, but never found any real caches since my phones gps is always off by at least 30 feet or someone took the cache. 

I've done knitting inthe past and made a few scarves that were a few loops too short of long in some places. I love it when pople knit clothes for their pets so I'll see what I can do with my doge in regards to pupper sweaters. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 6
16 hours ago, Korranation said:

I should try spending an evening walk minus the headphones. Maybe I'll hear those key sounds. Like approaching coyotes. (I wish I was joking about that part) 

I'm not much of a daydreamer anymore. It usually turns into replays of past events from the memory's cringe bin. 

*Analyzes clue about side of town*

Unless they're rabid they won't come around you. They're scared of people when they are in their right mind. If not, that's why handgun licenses are a thing in Texas.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

*Analyzes clue about side of town*

Unless they're rabid they won't come around you. They're scared of people when they are in their right mind. If not, that's why handgun licenses are a thing in Texas.

There are plenty of quarries in SA. I'd give a big nerd reference, but that would totally give my secret location away. ;P

The coyotes in my area are pretty tiny in dog size. I had a run in with one when I was little. I was playing outside when a puppy ran up to me. Thinking it was a neighbors dog, I carried the dog all around the neighborhood asking anyone if their dog had gotten loose. I thought it would get along well with my dog so I introduced them through the fence. Once the pupper showed its teeth I knew it was a wild pupperino. 

• Like 2

WEEK 2 DAY 5

Looks like I forgot to post the day of for the check in. Meh it's the weekend and always work past 10. 

I decided to sit down and finish the FNA fitness quests. I found out that I'm good enought for the body weight workout level 3 so I gave it a shot. After doing one set I realized that I had completely been doing push ups incorrectly. I was so tired after doing the four sets, but felt so accomplsihed at completing it. 

When-Mr-Potato-Head-literally-you-gym.gi

I spent the majority of the day prepping for questions for an interview on Monday. I'm super excited about this one. It's for a nonprofit and they're so big that once you're in you have a better shot at getting bigger positions as an internal candidate. I also spent some free time being consumed by my KHuX app again. I really need to make a program that plays that game for me. 

c230fd280ce4d116b318124b15f3520b.jpg

Work went normal. I closed with one of my chill managers. Things were slow until the last open hour. I had to hunt down the last customer before we could legally lock the doors before clean up. I got to pet a bunch of puppers. And I got to listen to more podcasts while cleaning up. I'm trying out NPR's "Fresh Air" and "Uo First." It was a little weird listening to an older white guy break down the poetic style and wording of a Kendrik Lamar (I think) and how one song used five beats of iambic pentameter then dropping an octive. The each song in the album is one word followed by a period.  

feeling-it.gif

I was a little tired from my shift since there weren't enough employees for the shift. Before I knew it I wneded up at home binging on a pint of cookies and cream ice cream and a giant pack of tropical gummi worms. 

giphy.gif

✔ Tech Disconnect [x7]
X Mindfulness Walk [x7]
X PLP Challenge [x7]
 Workout [x3]

Cardio [x3]

• Like 5