• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

brutalbears

Brutal Bears Goes Super Saiyan

55 minutes ago, brutalbears said:

Yesterday I missed another lift. After working 14 hours straight all I could do was eat and sleep. Today is another 14 hour day, but I will jog burnout tonight..I will jog burnout.

There, it's fixed. 14 hour days, just take it easy. Workouts are forever. Your sanity is finite.

• Like 1

FOUR JOBS?

If I may ask, what are they and why are you taking on four of them? I can barely wrap my head around my 1 1/2 jobs (I only count army as half because it's once a month).

• Like 1

FOUR JOBS?

If I may ask, what are they and why are you taking on four of them? I can barely wrap my head around my 1 1/2 jobs (I only count army as half because it's once a month).

I run a prevention education and research program of 15 people. I developed the program from the ground up over the last 6 months. I do 45-60 hours a week here.

I run a drug education program for highschoolers (but one class until summer). I do 5-8 hours a week here.

I also do work for order up, which is like uber for delivery food. I do about 10 hours a week for them.

I also started my own small business brewing cold brew coffee and tea. I well it as concentrate wholesale to vendors. Its features in a couple restaurants and food trucks at the moment. Its hard to tell the time I put there.

I also do course overloads in college. I'm a sr. and I am gearing up for grad school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are a better human than I will ever be. But seriously, take a break. I did some math.

Using all your high end numbers and assuming 18 units for course overload here's what I came up with. Numbers are in order of your listing and not including the cold brew thing.

60+8+10=78

course overload is 18 hours, double that for study time so 36 hours of study.

78+18+36=132

168 hours in a week

168-132=36 hours left

Assuming instantaneous travel (you are trying for supersaiyan after all) the rest is all sleep.

36/7=5.14

So not including a job that's 5.14 hours of sleep a night to be superman.

Being awesome is tough work, but don't let it get the best of you. 

Still rooting for you regardless.

Image result for conor mcgregor super saiyan gif

• Like 1

You are a better human than I will ever be. But seriously, take a break. I did some math.

Using all your high end numbers and assuming 18 units for course overload here's what I came up with. Numbers are in order of your listing and not including the cold brew thing.

60+8+10=78

course overload is 18 hours, double that for study time so 36 hours of study.

78+18+36=132

168 hours in a week

168-132=36 hours left

Assuming instantaneous travel (you are trying for supersaiyan after all) the rest is all sleep.

36/7=5.14

So not including a job that's 5.14 hours of sleep a night to be superman.

Being awesome is tough work, but don't let it get the best of you. 

Still rooting for you regardless.

giphy-downsized-large-213554.gif

Lol I'm doing my best. My school is online and in able to sneak most of it in during with while my team is going stuff, so that helps keep my hours down.

• Like 1

Just now, brutalbears said:

Lol I'm doing my best. My school is online and in able to sneak most of it in during with while my team is going stuff, so that helps keep my hours down.

That helps immensely. So maybe you're only mostly insane.

• Like 1

That helps immensely. So maybe you're only mostly insane.

I'm doing my best. After a I finish buying and moving into my house next week it will be a good time to slow down.

• Like 3

So I took everyone's advice...because I had too, lol. On Thursday last week I literally collapsed after giving a speech. I hit my exhaustion wall, and I could not really walk for the rest of the night. I cancelled my shift that night and only worked 8 hours the next day. I cut back to working 4 hours on Saturday and Sunday, and I then took a hike with my girlfriend and dogs. It was lovely we stopped half-way through the hike and at the end and went swimming with the pups in the clear spring water. I am feeling a lot better today, and I am supposed to close my house on Friday-and move in on Saturday. I am going to try and pace myself better this week and rest Sunday. I am going to get out and do a light job Tuesday and Thursday, and I cancelled all night shifts this week besides today. So, here is to a closer to normal work load!

• Like 5

The trial and error with your own personal stress limit, its not a bad thing. No other way to figure out your own capacity. Well done sir.

• Like 2

Good luck to you with all this insanity. I went through a patch of 14-16 hour shifts and it's fair to say it broke me... Will not do again ever...

• Like 1