2 hours ago, ixaera said:

Goals soon, but Friday I did a thing

wherein 3x5 of 130 lb sumo deadlifts were picked up and then put back down again
Heaviest since the Big Ouch, and the first set was a trash fire but the other two went well, which makes me wonder what my warmup is lacking.

Nice! If it helps, this is fairly common. Maybe you need another warmup set, maybe your CNS just needs to experience the work set to get "warmed up."

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

23 hours ago, Urgan said:

Nice! If it helps, this is fairly common. Maybe you need another warmup set, maybe your CNS just needs to experience the work set to get "warmed up."

Might be a good idea to nail down a single at the working weight as part of the warmup next time? Mebbe.

Through-The-End-Of-May Goals

Be a Human Being

tenor.gif?itemid=11509547

These will be super simple and designed to keep me doing something without overdoing it because ya girl (like many of us here) has a way more taxing jerb now and it definitely takes a toll on the ability to do as much as I was. For one, on on-call weeks there will be no big gym, so that's a forced full deload by default. I will not be tracking writing goals (for now), and instead will have cleaning and get-some-fucking-rest goals. 

Food things:

Keeping it simple with one daily average goal. I have overbulked a bit (no biggie) and am going on a cut. I really hate posting my calorie goals as a tiny person who is mostly sedentary, tbh, but I'm going to do it anyway this time. The cut's end goal is something like 103 lbs, destination hazy, depends on how much muscle I managed to pack on in these 4 months and 9.6 lbs gained. So that's 8 lbs-ish I guess? I really only wanted to wax on wax off with about 5 lbs, but life and stress and mini chips ahoy happens. 

(Yes, I did like the fancy monthly goal version of the cut I did last time, but I think keeping up with the math when I go off course will take too much energy)

0/1300 avg

weigh ins today & 5/31

Gym things:

Lifts--do them 4x a week (7 through end of May).

Fire Trainer [ ]

0/7

Clean things:

10 min a day, let's not get too crazy

Relax:

Take 15 min during work days to STOP put down the mouse and go disconnect for a few (I wind myself up too much)

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I will not be tracking writing goals (for now), and instead will have cleaning and get-some-fucking-rest goals. 

Sounds like a full challenge to me, lately, that's for sure.....

7 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I really hate posting my calorie goals as a tiny person who is mostly sedentary, tbh, but I'm going to do it anyway this time.

Why? That which is tracked is worked on and this is your friggin' BL, do what you want and/or need. Short people have goals, too, you have succeeded in getting into a healthy weight range for your height and are trying to keep it that way. GOOD JOB do the thing. 

• Like 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

4 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Sounds like a full challenge to me, lately, that's for sure.....

FOR. REAL.

tenor.gif?itemid=5795910

4 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Why? That which is tracked is worked on and this is your friggin' BL, do what you want and/or need. Short people have goals, too, you have succeeded in getting into a healthy weight range for your height and are trying to keep it that way. GOOD JOB do the thing. 

Because it sounds so low compared to people who do more activity and are moving around more mass in general and I've encountered (maybe not here so much?) a lot of resistance when admitting what I eat to maintain/cut/bulk. LOTS of people seem to think I am starving myself (a feat, for not being hungry), when the math suggests I am merely an outlier (in that as human beings go, I'm one of the adult ones that runs on the little end of the bell curve) :(

It is no big, it just makes me a little gun shy on posting numbers. For one, I know there are people who have an actual problem (and if me posting my numbers is upsetting to anyone, PLEASE feel free to PM and I'll spoiler that shiz just for you I really will)

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Because it sounds so low compared to people who do more activity and are moving around more mass in general and I've encountered (maybe not here so much?) a lot of resistance when admitting what I eat to maintain/cut/bulk. LOTS of people seem to think I am starving myself (a feat, for not being hungry), when the math suggests I am merely an outlier (in that as human beings go, I'm one of the adult ones that runs on the little end of the bell curve) :(

PSA for anybody to whom it may concern: Ix is a hummingbird. For IRL people, I wish you could email throat punches to people who are annoying food people.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Urgan said:

Ix is a hummingbird

not actually too far off considering the frequency at which I eat sugary treats

SUNDAY

where did my weekend go?? :(

tenor.gif?itemid=9806790

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is it almost Monday again

1274/1300

5/20 - 111.2 lbs

Good for me food included, uh, some  chicken and a broccoli side at dinner. I guess today was a 2 pointer (not really challenging myself here currently, beyond encouraging myself to make good choices).

Lifts

1/7

Fire Trainer [ ] (not yet, last session is probs right around the last day of May)

Did an OHP / upper day today. POURING rain so no sledgehammer, though my back is a bit iffy (woke up that way today, so it's new and unknown source) so I probably was better off skipping that anyway (lots of twist in that)

OHP

3x3 55 lbs

1x5 AMRAP 55 lbs

This is pretty close to where I was when I stopped working on this much, so that's good. I am currently working on it, to the chagrin of my trainer.

Close grip bench

5x3 75 lbs

T-Bar Row

5x4 75 lbs

Haven't done many heavy rows in a while and I like to work this in super infrequently

Lat Pulldown (neutral fat grip)

3x12 70 lbs

Upright pulls superset with hammer curls

3x12 12 lbs each hand on the pulls

8 reps with the curls, my bicep was weirdly tweaked or tired or something so I didn't push curls too hard. 

Clean things:

Yes. Dishes & litter & put away some laundry.

1/12

Relax:

N/A on a Sunday

0/9

Still posting songs because I really like music you guys and I probably won't run out

Spoiler

• Like 3

looks like a productive sunday! well done

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

20 hours ago, ixaera said:

Through-The-End-Of-May Goals

Be a Human Being

This is a v. underrated goal IMO

12 hours ago, ixaera said:

Fire Trainer [ ] (not yet, last session is probs right around the last day of May)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Monday has come and is almost gone somehow, I feel like I can't possibly have done all I needed to do at work

Tickets ANNOYED me today (for good reasons, like one sitting around for 3 weeks for no good reason wtf, or the one where bizarre useless things happened for a few days first or the one where the dev guy won't get back to me after more than a week, is remote, and won't respond to messages of any kind)

anyway

tenor.gif?itemid=5264849

1314 (today) /1294 (avg)

5/20 - 111.2 lbs

Good for me food included the eggs and veggies in the omelet, the fruit and uh

fin

(I mainly ate chips and tiny granola bars otherwise ... stress is a killer son)

Lifts

2/7

Fire Trainer [ ] (not yet)

I literally forgot about wanting to do 120 lb singles until like 8 PM so this didn't happen. It's fine anyway, my back was weirdly super iffy Sunday (but not today) for reasons unknown, so probably best to go a bit lighter.

SSB Squats

3x8 100 lbs

Leg Presses

4x10 with 60 lbs on the thing

Prowler Backwards Drags

3x driveway 50 lbs

This sucked. Like, I wasn't as out of breath, but my ass hurt.

chain weighted reverse lunges

3x20 

these were nearly pointless

Clean things:

Yes. did a load of laundry and caught up on the stuff that needed putting away.

2/12

Relax:

Oh eff. I forgot to do this :( See? This is why it's there. Guess how many breaks I took ... I work a 9 hour day I'm an idiot

0/9

Here's the song I wanted to share today

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, ixaera said:

or the one where the dev guy won't get back to me after more than a week, is remote, and won't respond to messages of any kind)

Are you quite sure we don't work at the same place???

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ixaera said:

I literally forgot about wanting to do 120 lb singles until like 8 PM so this didn't happen. It's fine anyway, my back was weirdly super iffy Sunday (but not today) for reasons unknown, so probably best to go a bit lighter.

It does sound like though that lately you've been able to do a lot more, I see lots of back and leg exercises happening. :D

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

23 hours ago, Urgan said:

Are you quite sure we don't work at the same place???

I overheard a person saying stuff about deadlifts but she looked nothing like the girl on your insta, so, guessing not! Also the whole different state thing i suppose

But yeah, some things are absolutely a damn mess and this is one of them ;_;

14 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Oh look we swapped places. ;)

I need the structure of the challenge for one round, but I'll be back to my BL after that.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

14 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

It does sound like though that lately you've been able to do a lot more, I see lots of back and leg exercises happening. :D

So excite too! My back is reacting really well to the increased workload, but I definitely have my fingers on the pulse of the thing because wow I do not wanna forget to listen and have another big boom

• Haha 1

Hello Tuesday

tenor.gif?itemid=3445902

1929 (today) /1506 (avg)

5/20 - 111.2 lbs

I stress ate today :( I sat there and worked my way through 13 of those little toffee hershey chocolate candies no joke

not even kidding.

Like one veggie

and a donut

Lifts

2/7

30 min on the elliptical while violently muting the damn "news"

what good is the news in the gym anyway wtf

Clean things:

Yep. Random de-cluttering.

3/12

Relax:

I just didn't have the ability to do this today. Like, in theory I have this kind of freedom but seriously every ticket everywhere needed an update or research or something and there are so many NO BIG just work 10.5 hours with at most a 5 min poop break it's fine eat while typing hashbrowneveryonedoesit (an actual lie, no one else does this, I am just broken)

0/9

Spoiler

9 hours ago, ixaera said:

Relax:

I just didn't have the ability to do this today. Like, in theory I have this kind of freedom but seriously every ticket everywhere needed an update or research or something and there are so many NO BIG just work 10.5 hours with at most a 5 min poop break it's fine eat while typing hashbrowneveryonedoesit (an actual lie, no one else does this, I am just broken)

if you figure out how to keep your food out of your keyboard, do tell

is it a busy time of year or do they legit need to hire more people?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ixaera said:

My gym also plays a sundry assortment of news channels.

Nick-Young.jpg

hashbrowngimmeabreak

you still got in some wins yesterday tho! i have the same Q as TZ on your company

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

15 hours ago, ixaera said:

3 hours ago, shaar said:

Nick-Young.jpg

hashbrowngimmeabreak

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

On 5/23/2018 at 6:30 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

if you figure out how to keep your food out of your keyboard, do tell

is it a busy time of year or do they legit need to hire more people?

I'm sure I'll need a new keyboard sooner rather than later >.>

They need to hire more people. We're somehow serving 60 customers and our customers separately serve like 4 million users. There are like 14 of us?

On 5/23/2018 at 9:16 AM, shaar said:

Nick-Young.jpg

hashbrowngimmeabreak

I do not understannnnnnd

I kind of just didn't do much yesterday besides come home, clean, nap. Today I did not even clean so I'll at least update.

1360 (today) /1437(avg)

5/20 - 111.2 lbs

Not too much damage at least. I'm not doing this very well but I'm probably doing better than when I FIRST decided it was cut time, so there's that. At least the boat's holding steady?

Lifts

3/7

30 min yesterday again. I had brought my big earphones just in case of news again, and was glad for them not because news was on (it was just Three's Company) but because some doofus got on the elliptical next to me and between him and a rando guy in a suit that kept walking up to him I got the feeling they were trying to get my attention (not in the urgent your face is on fire kind of way, just in the get-in-your-line-of-sight-and-try-to-make-eye-contact way). No sirs. I am here to elliptical and chew gum and I'm all out of gum.

Today was bench and I thought I was gonna snag a PR but I misremembered and didn't quite. 

Bench was 

1x8 80 lbs

Trainer thought it looked too hard and dropped me to 75 for the other two sets.

Then he superset dips and pullups, which that's a fine decision really (I DID FIVE DIPS WITH NO BAND)

Then incline presses and rows

Then a circuit with face pulls and shoulder things

Then a 2x40 frickin sledgehammers I could barely get the thing around my body at the end

Clean things:

Yep and nope

4/12

Relax:

Yesterday no. Today I DID win an important comment war at work (I was the a nice person  btw, but my opponent was a condescending jerkoff) so I spent 20 minutes gloating with a coworker, which is kind of like relaxing.

1/9

I'm kind of obsessed with Meg Myers right now

Spoiler

8 hours ago, ixaera said:

No sirs. I am here to elliptical and chew gum and I'm all out of gum.

quoted for prosperity

Trainer thought it looked too hard and dropped me to 75 for the other two sets.

WTF there is no "looked too hard" in powerlifting! I didn't even know trainers could utter those words. ;)

Then he superset dips and pullups, which that's a fine decision really (I DID FIVE DIPS WITH NO BAND)

Woooo! Good job!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Considering that on Friday he was in the gym training elsewise and told me my tire flips looked "too easy" it feels all over the map with that guy lol

"I'll give her random feedback...keep her on her toes..."

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1714 (yesterday) /1484(avg)

5/20 - 111.2 lbs

Arg. Beer.

Lifts

4/7

Did a 3x8 of 115 lb sumo deadlifts

then a 4x6 of tire flips with the smallest tire (well, smallest tire for flipping, still as tall as me)

3x10 ab wheel rollouts

circuit of leg extensions, leg curls, and calf raises

Then I lickety split because things to do

Clean things:

Nope

4/12

Relax:

Yeah, I ended up chatting toward the end of work, nobody wanted to continue right before a long weekend so close to quittin' time, imagine that

2/9

Nothing really to report. I gloated all day because I was right about something at work and a total jerk was wrong and had to admit it. The tears of assholes fuel my very existence.

Spoiler

• Like 1
13 hours ago, ixaera said:

Arg. Beer.

This is a very accurate and relevant feel here

13 hours ago, ixaera said:

I gloated all day because I was right about something at work and a total jerk was wrong and had to admit it. The tears of assholes fuel my very existence.

This truly is one of the best feelings ever, it's super empowering in the best of ways.  EAT SHIT TOTAL JERK

• Like 1