6/21-23

Gonna do my best at an update, it was a tough week. Prednisone was only kinda helping (the spots would become less itchy and red, then come back as the next pill was due) then I swapped out my soap and loofah and suddenly today it looks a ton better. HMM.

Food things:

3278/1644 avg

6/1 111.2 lbs

6/17 112.4 lbs

Stress eating like whoa, so my next goals will be focusing on replacing stress eating with a new stress cope skill but what. research initiated

Cut not going well.

Gym things:

8/12

Bench press at 3x5 for 85 lbs Thursday no AMRAP due to feeling like hot garbage, plus dips, shoulder presses with dumbbells and arm stuff.

Sumo Deadlifts at 3x5 for 115 lbs Friday, some light high bar squats (85 lbs), some pull up singles (arms still trashed from Thursday so I just did my best) and some abs. no walking because there was an early meeting, then I didn't go because of all the critical tickets to update

Did not elliptical Friday because I stayed late for what ended up being no reason because nobody updated me on the status of things for me to update the tickets anyway

Clean things:

Thursday elliptical, Friday nothing, Saturday I laundered

21/30

Relax:

No not really. Yesterday yes, absolutely, I went to Gloria's with my old roommates and had a margarita and a quesadilla and we talked and talked

Spoiler

2 hours ago, ixaera said:

Gonna do my best at an update, it was a tough week. Prednisone was only kinda helping (the spots would become less itchy and red, then come back as the next pill was due) then I swapped out my soap and loofah and suddenly today it looks a ton better. HMM.

Has it helped you at all, overall? 

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

58 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Has it helped you at all, overall? 

The prednisone? Yeah, it definitely eased itching and redness by about 50%, which would come back nearly full force at the time for the next dose. Once I stopped using the antifungal (which is also anti-itch) it really did start itching like hives are supposed to :/ It also stopped seeming to spread entirely.

But yeah, ditching the soap and loofah was the real turning point. So it's either psychosomatic (possible!) or I had developed a mild allergy to my 3/4 gone bottle of St Ives

6/24

Getting Sunday in here before the week kicks in full force~

tenor.gif?itemid=10722579

Food things:

1051/1618 avg

6/1 111.2 lbs

6/17 112.4 lbs

Wasn't that hungry today for obvious reasons. Got a smoothie king smoothie after OHP, halo top snacky snack, then made shrimp scampi for dinner, my first attempt at cooking anything in aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages

perhaps even an era

Gym things:

9/12

OHP - Did 2x5 at 50 lbs then 1x8 at 50 lbs, then a drop down of 3x7 with the empty bar

Close grip bench 4x6 at 65 lbs

lat pulldowns & t-bar rows, 15 min walking

Some dudebro set his phone down on the good lat pulldown machine RIGHT as I walked up to it with an attachment. He had no attachment. I just mumbled sorry and took my grippy thing to the crappy one, then he proceeded to NOT USE IT

just left his phone there

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

tenor.gif?itemid=4950390

Clean things:

Lots of cleaning, and I cooked, so

22/30

Relax:

I bought and downloaded assassin's creed origins with the steam sale \o/

Then I played some Grim Dawn

Then I checked out the new Sims 4 expansion

so much relaxing was done

This one was hard to find on youtube what

Spoiler

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ixaera said:

The prednisone? Yeah, it definitely eased itching and redness by about 50%, which would come back nearly full force at the time for the next dose. Once I stopped using the antifungal (which is also anti-itch) it really did start itching like hives are supposed to :/ It also stopped seeming to spread entirely.

But yeah, ditching the soap and loofah was the real turning point. So it's either psychosomatic (possible!) or I had developed a mild allergy to my 3/4 gone bottle of St Ives

The abrasiveness of the loofah might not be the best ATM, sure enough. I hope you get it knocked out ASAP, skin problems are the WORST. 

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

16 hours ago, ixaera said:

Crossing my fingers it improves rapidly.

And I agree with Urgan, scratching something itchy with a loofah is a sure way to irritate the skin more.

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

6/25

Monday gonna Monday

tenor.gif?itemid=4854697

Food things:

1642/1619 avg

6/1 111.2 lbs

6/17 112.4 lbs

Started out great. Went with a smoothie instead of the diner, had chicken and veggies for lunch

then a huge brownie nbd

like literally the size of my face

Gym things:

10/12

Squats - 4x3 115 lbs

Prowler - 4x 70 lbs (oof)

Circuit of leg extensions, leg curls, calf raises, and back extensions 4x

No blood left in my brain so I forgot to do my pro-back walking

Clean things:

Elliptical, plus I did cat litter. I'm too exhausted to continue to dishes, so it's to bed after this

23/30

Relax:

Some coworkers felt like not working and chatted at me a couple times. I have a tough time with this because I think I'm a workaholic somehow (shrugidk) but I tried to actively join in b/c of this goal, so that's similar to success.

Spoiler

• Like 2
18 hours ago, ixaera said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4854697

This.  THIS.

This.

Can we just stop doing Mondays forever????

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

5 hours ago, shaar said:

Can we just stop doing Mondays forever????

Yeah, but then I think we'd just hate Tuesdays more? Maybe.

6/26

tenor.gif?itemid=4864217

(ok I probably won't)

(they are complicated and stuff)

(this gif is accurate)

Food things:

1473/1613 avg

6/1 111.2 lbs

6/17 112.4 lbs

Yeah that brownie thing happened again, what about that anyway

Gym things:

10/12

Clean things:

Elliptical plus dishes, I'm a got-dammd hero

24/30

Relax:

I went and CHATTED. My own self. That is, I initiated chats. I did not chat with myself. Well, I probably did, but that usually doesn't count

Spoiler

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I went and CHATTED. My own self. That is, I initiated chats. I did not chat with myself. Well, I probably did, but that usually doesn't count

Intelligent conversation is so very hard to find.

• Haha 1

i'm sorry you have complicated feelings and a long list of them at that, but you ARE a hero soooo there's that.

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Kinda turtled up a bit this week and stress ate with wild abandon, which somehow resulted in an end weight of 111.2 instead of higher? I'm sure I'll see the damage by tomorrow. Savannah Smiles made a line direct from box to mouth. Many smiles were had. They are aptly named.

I DID get to the gym all the times I was supposed to, which included a trash fire bench session where a 4x3 at 85 lbs was randomly fuckin' hard. (I started with a double at 90 thinking I was gonna do 90 lb triples but it was a big pile of nope nuh uh)

tenor.gif?itemid=8123780

Did some arm stuff, everything else was similarly garbage.

Friday a 4x3 of deadlifts at 120 lbs was on the menu and it was so easy I added 5 lbs. I considered adding another 5 when that was easy too, but the rule is 5, and we respect rules around here. Some light high bar squats (4x3 at 90 lbs), pull ups, abs. It was opposite day. everything was easy.

I did my 15 min walks, which I'm more and more convinced are part of a key to keeping a super happy back.

Did elliptical except for Friday 

actual footage of me at work this week:

tenor.gif?itemid=7850523

I got caught up on some stuff I DO pretty much kinda know and tried to learn some new stuff and BOY. boy. howdy. Went from feeling pretty confident to feeling super newb again.

Then I did a thing where I drank vodka after work yesterday and this is normally not too terrible but this time wow

i woke up at 5 am suddenly worried about a real life calculus problem. 

no brain.

no.

we hate calculus.

we also hate being awake at 5 am.

Anyway, June wasn't terrible but wasn't a raving success. I learned that I actually do need to be stricter with myself if I'm gonna drop my stress lbs, and I have a plan!

Spoiler

• Like 2

July Goals

It's sort of working, so let's keep tweaking it

tenor.gif?itemid=6118839

Food things:

I maintained last month, with an estimated average around 1650 cals. This was AN ACCIDENT, but maintaining is not gaining, so that's progress. In other news, I call bulk cut cycles a terrible failure for someone with my eating habits. Well, bulking was hugely successful anyway. From now on, we aim maintain and cut for damage control only.

So I'm gonna keep trying for that 1300 avg, and the tweak is gonna be Only One Bad Snack Per Weekday PLUS Bring Healthy Meals To Work And Set Meal Times

With caps because it's important. Seems obvious enough, but maybe July is when I'm ready to do it.

0/1300 avg

weigh ins July 1/15/31

Gym things:

Lifts--keep doing these. There are 18 days where this is supposed to happen.

0/18

Clean things:

10 mins cleaning OR elliptical. This is working, why fix what isn't broken. I could stand to clean more, but I think too much change would be bad here.

0/31

Relax:

We're gonna keep trying to do this. I think at least thinking about it is causing improvement.

As for getting in updates when i get home right before bedtime routine, I dunno. I think combined updates are fine as long as I remember to actually log my food as I eat it. Trying to remember after the fact is no good.

• Like 1

I LOVE THE VERONICAS

I do NOT love when my brain wakes me up at 3am - which happens often lately - all HEY LOOK with some big, random, far-flung problem I've never considered before.... JFC WHY????

10 hours ago, shaar said:

I LOVE THE VERONICAS

They super rock!

I do NOT love when my brain wakes me up at 3am - which happens often lately - all HEY LOOK with some big, random, far-flung problem I've never considered before.... JFC WHY????

I think I'm siphoning off a bit of this BECAUSE at 2 am last night I decided to you know just have a panic attack or two WHY NOT

Was pretty sure I was going into anaphylactic shock (I wasn't) but luckily I'm rational enough IN GENERAL to be like "ok well if you are then why can you still do the breathe in for 6 out for 6 no problem just keep breathing' bloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooph

Also the hives are back. They came back with the panic attacks so I think you know what that means folks

• Like 1

7/1

tenor.gif?itemid=4656329

So yeah I don't know what's going on. I've dealt with much higher levels of stress without itching all over my chest and waking up pretty sure I was dying so

It's a short holiday week and I need a new PCP anyway so I'll be probably making an appointment for the week after. something's gotta be off kilter

Food things:

A greek omelet with lots of greens and protein, and then beer beer beer (and a few chips with dip) at a pool party and I'm so tired from the sun and alcohol right now

1358 (today) /1358 avg

July 1: 111.2 lbs

Gym things:

1/18

OHP - 2x3 at 55 lbs and 1x5 at 55 lbs for an AMRAP. Backed off for a 2x5 with the empty bar, did some light close grip bench, and pulls. Am rocking a 4x10 at 80 lbs on the lat pulldown because apparently my superpower is pulling on things.

Clean things:

Yes

1/31

Relax:

Not a work day

My The Veronicas song with the most listens on Google Music

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I think I'm siphoning off a bit of this BECAUSE at 2 am last night I decided to you know just have a panic attack or two WHY NOT

Was pretty sure I was going into anaphylactic shock (I wasn't) but luckily I'm rational enough IN GENERAL to be like "ok well if you are then why can you still do the breathe in for 6 out for 6 no problem just keep breathing' bloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooph

Also the hives are back. They came back with the panic attacks so I think you know what that means folks

fuck-cat-stuck-in-a-bottle.jpg

Seems like the only sensible way to handle a weekend like this is to skip to the next one to do it over again properly. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, ixaera said:

It's equal parts "?????????" and "well okay" when I think about the issues that wake me up at 2am... like, during the actual day.  When I'm awake when I'm supposed to be.  They don't concern me AT ALL but apparently at 2 am my brain needs to wake me up and tell me I'm on the fast track to [insert cancer of your choosing] here or something?????

1 minute ago, shaar said:

It's equal parts "?????????" and "well okay" when I think about the issues that wake me up at 2am... like, during the actual day.  When I'm awake when I'm supposed to be.  They don't concern me AT ALL but apparently at 2 am my brain needs to wake me up and tell me I'm on the fast track to [insert cancer of your choosing] here or something?????

Like this? 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

On 7/1/2018 at 9:03 PM, Urgan said:

fuck-cat-stuck-in-a-bottle.jpg

Seems like the only sensible way to handle a weekend like this is to skip to the next one to do it over again properly. 

SEEING as how the next one is in Seattle I think we're in good shape here!

It's something about sleepbrain things. A few years back my boyfriend had to do overnight work for like 5 weeks. I would wake up at 1 AM going "HE HAS DIED" "HE IS NOT HERE AND HE HAS OBVIOUSLY FALLEN ASLEEP DRIVING AND DIED" even though he wasn't due back til like 4 or 5 AM. No clue wtf y'all. Just a strange midnight insanity that happens. This is probably related to that weirdness SOMEhow

The good news is I slept like a normal Ix last night and was in a fairly normal if shark-inspired mood at work and did stressful work without any incident whatsoever, other than the hives which are still there today but not that itchy at least.

Maybe it's a heat rash.

• Like 1

7/2

tenor.gif?itemid=4486775

Ever spend like an hour and a half on the phone with a client and have no idea wtf you are doing, what anyone wants of you, but you're 100% sure they'll ask you to do something you're not technically supposed to, get proven right, then bullied into doing your damnedest to somehow make them happy but still follow policy fuck bullies btw j/s

I spent a lot of time today doing stuff but getting nothing done. Monday and a HALF here

it occurs to me I miscalculated slightly on how many gym trips & cleaning things are expected this month as I FORGOT that i can't go to the gym (or won't, maybe) in Seattle and while I'll be a good guest who does guesty chores this probably isn't in the realm of this, so I'm subtracting 3 days from clean things & 1 gym trip.

Food things:

Breakfast at the diner post-squats was 2 scrambled eggs, 2 toast w/ butter, and some fruit. Lunch was the provided stuff but I just had one chicken tender, kale salad, and more fruit. Was HUNGRY at 1:30 so I had some tapatio doritos (MY FAVORITE !!!!!SUPERLATIVE!!!!!! ALL THE CHIPS COVERED IN SO MUCH SPICE DUST). Then I BROUGHT dinner yes I did and it was microwave quinoa, pre-cooked chicken and some broccoli and some hummus. It was super good.

Victory: Ate pretty healthily.

Fail: Missed the "ONE" bad food mark by a bit. A coworker meaning well brought me CHOCOLATE because of that phone call and well, shark-week means I ate that. I also oops thought the PACKAGE was 230 calories but no it was 460 haha  :( at least it was healthy food?

1651 (today) /1505 avg

Gym things:

2/17

Squats, didn't feel awesome today but I trudged through the Rx'd program. Just a 3x3 at 115 lbs. Was harder than it shoulda been IMVHO but I also beered too much yesterday. Did some DB RDLs with 60 lbs, some lunges with 30 lb dumbbells (so sweaty) and a circuit on the leg machines and some back extensions. Walked 15 minutes. Wouldn't you know the back that had started slightly complaining stopped after that walk, yo.

Clean things:

Elliptical while reading book 3 Mercy Thompson

2/28

Relax:

Yeah actually, when i went to get food some coworkers dropped by to chat and chat happened, and it was a legit break.

A wild pop song appears!

Spoiler

• Like 2
12 hours ago, ixaera said:

Ever spend like an hour and a half on the phone with a client and have no idea wtf you are doing, what anyone wants of you, but you're 100% sure they'll ask you to do something you're not technically supposed to, get proven right, then bullied into doing your damnedest to somehow make them happy but still follow policy fuck bullies btw j/s

I spent a lot of time today doing stuff but getting nothing done. Monday and a HALF here

Yes. Yes, I have. And it was doing that very role. Lawyers are very, VERY good at it. Debt Collection lawyers are basically just doing their regular 9-5 on you. 

12 hours ago, ixaera said:

Victory: Ate pretty healthily.

Fail: Missed the "ONE" bad food mark by a bit. A coworker meaning well brought me CHOCOLATE because of that phone call and well, shark-week means I ate that. I also oops thought the PACKAGE was 230 calories but no it was 460 haha  :( at least it was healthy food?

1651 (today) /1505 avg

460 calories spent coping with the above seems like at LEAST deserving of a mulligan. The stress is too real. And you came in at 1650 calories, which while over is hardly Chernobyl levels of Fail. Soldier on, sister.

• Like 1

at least your back is liking walks and you have mercy thompson to read <3

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

On 7/3/2018 at 10:10 AM, Urgan said:

Yes. Yes, I have. And it was doing that very role. Lawyers are very, VERY good at it. Debt Collection lawyers are basically just doing their regular 9-5 on you. 

Literally had that guy telling me how low risk his request was when it was something he wanted me to do on OUR servers. Seriously what, dude? You don't get to decide what's low risk sir and you are not my boss, so yes I will absolutely shut that shit down

On 7/3/2018 at 10:10 AM, Urgan said:

460 calories spent coping with the above seems like at LEAST deserving of a mulligan. The stress is too real. And you came in at 1650 calories, which while over is hardly Chernobyl levels of Fail. Soldier on, sister.

Yeah, basically no harm no foul. 230 extra calories of quinoa is good for the poops anyway. And we like the poops here at NF.

On 7/3/2018 at 12:08 PM, CourtnieMarie said:

at least your back is liking walks and you have mercy thompson to read <3

My back is coping like a rock star mostly, and yeah I'm digging the hell out of book 3!

• Like 2