8/14-15

tenor.gif?itemid=5707333

I have no idea what this is, but it accurately reflects my everything tonight

Food things:

8/14: Gas station breakfast burrito, thought of shaar while eating it, probably get another one tomorrow. Some rotisserie and veggies, WAY too much candy

8/15: gas station empanada what was not what I was expecting and yes I have a plan to stop gas stationing soon but it involves some being slightly less tired. Lunch was chips and sandwich. Way too much candy again.

1382, 1442/1443 avg

July 31 - 114.4 lbs

August 14 - 112.8 lbs

I forgot to weigh in this morning like a lunatic so yesterday's will have to do. I feel like it's a fluke weight though because it was randomly a pound lower than the day before. It is probably still in the 113's or 114's.

Gym things:

Lifts--keep doing these. 

9/14

Bench today did a 4x3 at 85 lbs, it was tough so I did not do the AMRAP this time. Some shoulder presses, band assisted dips, curls, flies weee

Clean things:

elliptical, elliptical

11/31

Was reading a relationship self help book that appears to boil down to "be in love" and "fake it til you make it, if you care enough anyway"

Maybe not that simplistic, but...

C# things:

Thinking about how I want to measure this going forward. A class? A to-do? We'll get this figured.

Here's the one I was gonna post yesterday

Spoiler

• Like 2

that book seems... unhelpful

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

18 hours ago, ixaera said:

8/14: Gas station breakfast burrito, thought of shaar while eating it

HASHBROWN BLESSED

(do they have gas station hashbrowns?!!?  i hope not...................)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

6 minutes ago, shaar said:

HASHBROWN BLESSED

(do they have gas station hashbrowns?!!?  i hope not...................)

Dangit, I want hashbrowns.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

On 8/16/2018 at 1:50 PM, CourtnieMarie said:

that book seems... unhelpful

Yeah I gave up on it and decided to start discworld instead

8/16-19

tenor.gif?itemid=5334329

yeah I've been neglecting things

Food things:

8/16: Not too bad, still heavy on candy. Did have veggies and real meat and stuff, so that's good.

8/17: Started out ok, devolved as the day went on. Stress played a big role here.

8/18: Anniversary celebration, so I didn't follow any rules. Gas station burrito (haha), Korean goat stew and some kimchee, a beer, and a dinner of super rare filet mignon, brussels sprouts, fois gras mac & cheese, sauteed mushrooms, wine, champagne, chocolate cake and ice cream

8/19: Not very hungry, but I tried. Lox & bagel, the rest of the champagne, and a turkey sub for dinner.

1510,1399,3111,1062/1512 avg

July 31 - 114.4 lbs

August 14 - 112.8 lbs

Gym things:

Lifts--keep doing these. 

10/14

Friday I did a 4x3 at 125 lbs on sumo deadlifts, these felt fine. Since I knew I wouldn't get time Sunday I did some close grip bench too, and some 95 lb high bar squats, and lat pulldowns. 

Clean things:

elliptical Thursday & Friday, nothing Saturday, lots of cleaning today

14/31

It was something ELSE at work this past week. I'm up to my eyeballs in production bugs and the new gray hairs are real. I could use some real days off, and I kinda get one soon but I'll be secondary on call for it, so I'm doubting I'll get much of a break there. I spent a lot of today being a real casual gamer and digging in on My Time In Portia. It's super addictive.

Spoiler

• Like 3

you say you've been neglecting things but you're still GETTING SHIT DONE! also i was craving mac & cheese yesterday and that foie gras version is making me drool.

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

13 hours ago, ixaera said:

8/18: Anniversary celebration, so I didn't follow any rules. Gas station burrito (haha), Korean goat stew and some kimchee, a beer, and a dinner of super rare filet mignon, brussels sprouts, fois gras mac & cheese, sauteed mushrooms, wine, champagne, chocolate cake and ice cream

It's opposite quality extremes in one day. Nicely done with dinner, tho that sounds Worth It.

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

13 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

you say you've been neglecting things but you're still GETTING SHIT DONE! also i was craving mac & cheese yesterday and that foie gras version is making me drool.

It was DELICIOUS and somehow still the worst food on the table, that place does shit right

13 hours ago, Jord said:

as someone part of a group specifically trying to recall the 14th century this made me chuckle ;)

Man sometimes I can barely remember last Thursday. Must be some golden oldies in that group ;)

10 hours ago, Urgan said:

It's opposite quality extremes in one day. Nicely done with dinner, tho that sounds Worth It.

VERY. would not trade for anything

Plus I forgot about the candy I had yesterday so it turned out to be more like 1250 instead. Whoopsidoodle

• Like 3

8/20

tenor.gif?itemid=10410151

the level of stupid I have to deal with on a daily basis

Food things:

8/20: Not bad! Turkey sausage breakfast bowl for breakfast, half a giant baked potato with chicken fixin's for lunch, snacks were some peanut butter m&ms and pretzels, and dinner was salad with bacons and ranch. 

1440/1515 avg

July 31 - 114.4 lbs

August 14 - 112.8 lbs

Despite that still being way over 1300 I feel like I'm improving. It's not in the 1600's anymore at least? But damn, I lost 30 lbs and it was like, hard, but I don't remember it being this challenging. Going from gaining/maintaining to losing again is SO uncomfortable. stupid biology

Gym things:

Lifts--keep doing these. 

10/14

Nothing today. I did litter last night and my lower back was like "oh hi, you needed me for something? I'm calling in sick" and I woke up feeling a little tugging there and I decided to wait a day on the squats.

Clean things:

elliptical today

15/31

I'm drowning. Work is a beast that basically vomits all over me all day and says "why are you so dirty"

Spoiler

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Jord said:

This analogy is all too real. Are you sure you weren't a stand up comedian in a past life? "It's funny because it's painfully true."

I like to consider myself an armchair comedian

8/21

tenor.gif?itemid=8158504

Food things:

Doing okay. Had to do the quick breakfast thing so I just crunched an oatmeal bar after squats. Did have m&ms and pretzels, but I didn't overload too bad (could still improve). Lunch was greek food, dolmas, pita, hummus, some chicken. Then I spaced everything, got home super hungry and had an emergency tuna packet

Went too low on the calorie front because I straight up wasn't paying attention, was busy, and every time I wanted to stress eat I reminded myself I was trying to cut and I should at least be hungry first, and then time passed and I was ravenous and I was low about 200+ cals oops. Still, it's kind of a form of improvement? More work needed.

1039/1493avg

July 31 - 114.4 lbs

August 14 - 112.8 lbs

Gym things:

Lifts--keep doing these. 

11/14

I must have miscounted how many gym days because I'm going to somehow go over even though technically I missed one.

i jammed ohp into leg day today. Squats for 3x3 at 120 lbs (tough, but fine). OHP for 3x4 at 51 lbs (not too tough actually). Lunges & landmine squats

Clean things:

elliptical today

16/31

I got an ocular migraine today + moderate headache. First one in 8 months, and according to my log I also did squats the last time lol. BTW a super inconvenient time to get one of these is when you need to fire off a lot of queries in rapid succession :) Not being able to read your typos and eff ups makes it hard.

Spoiler

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ixaera said:

j/k I forgot about a cupcake and so my total wasn't so dismally low anyway :)

For real I wish that was me, because I was 200 cals low yesterday as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jord said:

I strive to get back to the life where I can just forget how many days I worked out because it is so routine, well done! ;) 

Thanks! Sometimes I'm less excited about the gym than I once was, but I like what it does so I keep on pushing through the desire to stay in bed in the morning

I guess if that's the only thing I ever really nail down, that's pretty good :)

11 hours ago, Urgan said:

For real I wish that was me, because I was 200 cals low yesterday as well.

I was a touch disappointed because I was plenty hungry and being more like 1250 makes it feel sadder lol

• Like 1

8/22

tenor.gif?itemid=9495785

so sore y'all

Food things:

Breakfast was a smoothie king protein shake (gladiator with kale & apple is my go to), candy snax, lunch was a half turkey swiss wrap and a small side salad. Had pretzels. A bananer. one of those ostrim sticks 

Calorie-wise definitely on track with where I need cals to be for a cut more lately (overall august average is not there though), would like to cut back a little further on the candy. It was almost just fine though. 3 mini packs of m&m's is basically a regular pack, you see. Ideally, one mini pack of m&ms and pretzels and real food around 5 pm would be better. 

1266/1493avg

July 31 - 114.4 lbs

August 14 - 112.8 lbs

Gym things:

Lifts--keep doing these. 

12/14

Bench, 3x3 at 88 lbs. Tough but not bad. Arm stuff including shoulder presses, band assisted dips, curls, and dumbbell flies, and slapping mosquitos between sets (got 3 dead, about 5 bites)

Clean things:

elliptical today

17/31

I am tired.

Good night.

Spoiler

• Like 3

8/23-25

tenor.gif?itemid=5220237

definitely doing too much of this

Food things:

Really gotta get a handle on all these m&ms and alcohol. Otherwise, I'm doing pretty well. I'm still not in cut territory, but I didn't expect to be great at this right away. When I lost my original 30 lbs, I was NOT lifting and lifting makes such a huge difference in how it feels to eat less. Just cardio and low cal doesn't feel too bad to me, but throw in lifts and everything is shit. So I have to do this the right way.

Next week I have Friday off (ish... I'm secondary on call so I can't run amok or anything, I'm backing up someone new to the rotation) and I'm going out of town for a wedding and hanging out with some serious foodies who like their booze, so ... gonna do my best but still have fun.

1451,1324,1958/1503avg

July 31 - 114.4 lbs

August 14 - 112.8 lbs

Gym things:

Lifts--keep doing these. 

13/14

Sumo deadlifts friday - 3x3 at 129 lbs, some high bar squats that felt like trash even lightweight because of my sore legs, some pull up singles and lat pulldowns

Clean things:

elliptical Thursday, nothing Friday, cleaning yesterday

19/31

Here's a song I've been digging on for a few days (again, I guess, it was already in my stash of liked music)

Spoiler

Ugh my back's been annoyed with me all day so I'm banning sitting in the office chair at home and moving squats to tuesday

I really hope it's fine again tuesday b/c my week is truncated and I need to squeeze everything in before my trip, after which I'm on call and can't really do the loud dirty warehouse gym

Edit for noting here that last week I skipped ALL my 15 minute walks (maybe not tuesday's??) due to time constraints and now I know

that is not what to skip when time crunched

17 hours ago, ixaera said:

Ugh my back's been annoyed with me all day so I'm banning sitting in the office chair at home and moving squats to tuesday

I really hope it's fine again tuesday b/c my week is truncated and I need to squeeze everything in before my trip, after which I'm on call and can't really do the loud dirty warehouse gym

Edit for noting here that last week I skipped ALL my 15 minute walks (maybe not tuesday's??) due to time constraints and now I know

that is not what to skip when time crunched

I'm presuming this means the walks help with your back?

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

8/26-27

tenor.gif?itemid=10006579

Food things:

Sunday-I did not behave myself at dinner. I ate a whole big baked potato and the lemon cake dessert, too.

Today-Much better. Calories fine considering I was over two days in a row, stuck to mostly real food. No candy! Only pretzels and 2 lifesavers. Which is candy. I guess. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9743529

1790,1110/1499 avg

July 31 - 114.4 lbs

August 14 - 112.8 lbs

Gym things:

Lifts--keep doing these. 

14/14

OHP Sunday - 3x3 at 53 lbs, buncha arms after.

Clean things:

cleaning Sunday, elliptical today

21/31

Honestly can't remember if I already shared this one or if I picked Limb from Limb last time.

Spoiler