8/28-30

tenor.gif?itemid=11544676

If support tickets were physical objects that attached themselves to your body while they waited on your response, I would be buried under an actual mountain and probably dead also

I'm so tired

Don't get me wrong, I really love my new job, but WOW WHEN IT IS BUSY THERE IS NO ROOM FOR AIR

plus today bosses be like "haha when you gonna do that development goal"

ayyyyy what

I mean I know that's a goal but you do know that if I'm away for 3 days to study something that may or may not help these fuckin' tickets will just pile up (more)

Speaking of being away, I'm actually taking A DAY OFF tomorrow to go to a wedding in Michigan, but I am back up on call so we'll see how much actual unwinding happens. Kinda wish Mr Ix was coming along, but well we can't have everything

can we?

Anyway I'm also closing out shark week. When it rains it pours etc

Food things:

Lettuce talk of foods.

Tuesday- Little granola bar breakfast, candy, tex mex lunch (healthy as possible, chicken, beans, guac, cheese, lettuce, no tortilla), pretzels, sun chips and a granola bar. Not great. Not the worst.

Wednesday- Frozen power bowl egg white scramble thing, some raw almonds, salad & chips for lunch, pretzels annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd 2 pop tarts. You thought it was gonna be a good one didn't you eh

Thursday- little nut protein bar thing, big lunch of chicken fried steak, tatoes, a bit of gravy, corn, biscuit, more pretzels, 4 lifesavers, little granola bar

1181,1372,1284/1477 avg

July 31 - 114.4 lbs

August 14 - 112.8 lbs

Gym things:

Lifts--keep doing these. 

15/14

Rolled up deadlifts and bench today. 3x2 at 133 lbs on sumo deadlift, 3x2 at 90 lbs on bench

Some assisted dips and shoulder presses

back magic walking

Clean things:

elliptical Tues and today, nothing wednesday because I was at work til 9 pm

23/31

Spoiler

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ixaera said:

Don't get me wrong, I really love my new job, but WOW WHEN IT IS BUSY THERE IS NO ROOM FOR AIR

plus today bosses be like "haha when you gonna do that development goal"

ayyyyy what

I mean I know that's a goal but you do know that if I'm away for 3 days to study something that may or may not help these fuckin' tickets will just pile up (more)

Speaking of being away, I'm actually taking A DAY OFF tomorrow to go to a wedding in Michigan, but I am back up on call so we'll see how much actual unwinding happens. Kinda wish Mr Ix was coming along, but well we can't have everything

can we?

Anyway I'm also closing out shark week. When it rains it pours etc

giphy.gif

Food things:

Lettuce talk of foods.

Tuesday- Little granola bar breakfast, candy, tex mex lunch (healthy as possible, chicken, beans, guac, cheese, lettuce, no tortilla), pretzels, sun chips and a granola bar. Not great. Not the worst.

Wednesday- Frozen power bowl egg white scramble thing, some raw almonds, salad & chips for lunch, pretzels annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd 2 pop tarts. You thought it was gonna be a good one didn't you eh

Thursday- little nut protein bar thing, big lunch of chicken fried steak, tatoes, a bit of gravy, corn, biscuit, more pretzels, 4 lifesavers, little granola bar

1181,1372,1284/1477 avg

July 31 - 114.4 lbs

August 14 - 112.8 lbs

Ya did good, kid. That extra lb was a good BM. You know if you keep things at this level you are making progress, so hooray for that.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

hope you had fun at the wedding and were able to unwind a bit!

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

On 9/1/2018 at 10:40 AM, shaar said:

OMG you are having the Literal Chaos

PLS SURVIVE ;_______;

a1cbfa2a624da87e6f794c1483345bd907856e45

I AM STILL ALIVE

somehow

who knows how

what does not kill you, etc

I continue to have literal chaos, but I'm surfing it like a wave at the moment. Every moment is an adventure~

8 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

hope you had fun at the wedding and were able to unwind a bit!

YES

OKAY SO

I wasn't super good at food, but I was also at the general mercy of Social Stuff. 

Friday I arrived in Detroit around dinner time, got my rental car and checked in, then headed to a friend's house. The hotel was 40 minutes from the airport. The friend's house was 40 minutes from the hotel. But eventually I got carnitas and booze and good times, except that my friends are generous with alcohol and the tipsier I get the less intelligent I am about drinking it. I ended the evening with a trip to the toilet and then the couch. 

Saturday I woke up hungover. Thinking I was mostly fine I had breakfast (more carnitas of course) and then found that I was not fine and did a toilet thing again. Sigh. They were headed to a museum thing, but I needed to wash up etc and was 40 minutes away, so I did not do the museum thing but instead went back to the hotel, cleaned up, napped, and woke up in time for THE PUB CRAWL which was essentially like a bachelor/bachelorette party only in which both bride and groom were in attendance (it was a non-traditional wedding okay). I did much better on booze but not better ENOUGH. The party ended at the hotel, I felt fine but sleepy so I went to sleep, then woke up at 5 am and did another toilet thing. SIGH. WHY, SELF

Sunday I woke up feeling fine in spite of things, really fine not just pretend fine like Saturday. So I got some trash food for breakfast, worked 4 hours from the hotel room because I was SO FAR BEHIND at work, showered, and got on the party bus to the farm house in the middle of damn nowhere. I informed on call person that I had no signal then proceeded to enjoy the party. Non-traditional wedding was DELIGHTFUL. It was just here, have some food, here have some booze, here's some music, here's a 5 minute sweet ceremony (also funny, lotsa jokes), then socializing. I got sleepy around 11 and went back on the party bus, went back to the hotel and went the hell to sleep

And I slept until I could not sleep no more on Monday, check out being on the late side. Got my stuff in gear then checked out and went back to boozy friend's house until flight time. I did not booze however because of driving, but instead enjoyed the Great British Bake Off while hanging out pre-airport. Then we went back to Detroit, got on a plane, went home. WHERE I COULD NOT FIND MY CAR. The numbering system in the parking garage was confusing and bad. But I got home, home was got to. 

Tuesday appears and now I'm on call, so this will be a zero week for me with no goals (though I'm trying to hit the elliptical daily). I'll post September stuff by Tuesday, which will look a whole lot like August stuff. So naturally I got a page 3.5 hours before my normal shift starts (but AFTER I woke up at least), then proceeded to work an 11.5 hour day, got on the elliptical, got in my car and boom dead battery

This morning there was a moment where it was clear to me my battery did not actually super want to start my car for me, and I was like "how long has it been since I've replaced this thing again?" and I realized it's been at least 6 years

Judge away

I'd hoped it would get me home but it chose not to do that, so I had to wait on roadside assistance to get a jump, and since I'm on call Mr Ix is handling the actual battery replacement because Murphy's Law states that the moment I turn my car off at an Autozone with no internet, I will get paged by work.

tenor.gif?itemid=3412206

So it's been a day, but I'm still good

Part of it is knowing Mr Ix is like, amazing in some super awesome ways that turn up and turn the whole day around. I kind of wanted to cry a bit when my car wouldn't start after such a long day (week/month/whatever, tickets pile up and it's all hard) so having him just offer to go get my new battery was like a little rainbow in the clouds

tenor.gif?itemid=5143468

• Like 3
9 hours ago, ixaera said:

Part of it is knowing Mr Ix is like, amazing in some super awesome ways that turn up and turn the whole day around. I kind of wanted to cry a bit when my car wouldn't start after such a long day (week/month/whatever, tickets pile up and it's all hard) so having him just offer to go get my new battery was like a little rainbow in the clouds

aw, the rainbow at the end of a shit heap day. which is oddly v. romantic.

and now you have your new battery, so yay!

i really need to take a lesson from your daily elliptical practice.

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

very awesome to have a partner in crime and shit heap days. what a fun wedding too!!

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Car batteries are totally the sort of thing you really don't think about until you need to.  I think I went 6 years once too.  O O P S 

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Hey if you can make it 6 years on a car battery, congrats that is actually something. They're only really designed to go about 3-ish years nowadays.

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

2 hours ago, Jord said:

aw, the rainbow at the end of a shit heap day. which is oddly v. romantic.

and now you have your new battery, so yay!

i really need to take a lesson from your daily elliptical practice.

Yeah it helps me a lot. i really do spend the huge majority of my day basically still (whether sitting or standing) and not using my heart for physical things at all. In general I would say that most mildly active people probably don't need my little regimen but dang I do

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

very awesome to have a partner in crime and shit heap days. what a fun wedding too!!

he's good people even if he does throw away french fries 

35 minutes ago, shaar said:

Car batteries are totally the sort of thing you really don't think about until you need to.  I think I went 6 years once too.  O O P S 

8 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Hey if you can make it 6 years on a car battery, congrats that is actually something. They're only really designed to go about 3-ish years nowadays.

Yeah, and it went SO FAST too. like, no issues then one questionable start up then BOOM

KAPOW

no juice for you

First thing the roadside guy said when he saw it "wow this is an old battery"

I know fella

I know

I wish I'd thought about it 5 months ago and replaced it like a sane person

• Like 1

September Goals

It's lookin' familiar up in here

tenor.gif?itemid=5139282

9/11-9/30

Food things:

I have stopped gaining! Progress. Don't ever let anyone tell you there's an easy way to drop fat y'all

They are lying liars who lie

All the good ways are hard

(that's what she said)

Okay, we're going to continue working on actually getting a calorie deficit. We've managed maintenance, so we're making progress, so a goal with that in mind is bringing back MORE VEGGIES. Nearly every free work lunch has a side salad option, and I nearly always skip a full dinner in favor of chips. So, instead, I'm going to be saving off a large salad full of VEGGIES and having dressing instead of chips and pop tarts. Yup. It should both decrease the calories by some, increase satiation, and give me actual vitamins and minerals. 

We are also REDUCING BREAD CARBS. Not counting carbs specifically, just gonna only do the toast with diner breakfasts (since those happen a max of 2x per week) and skip bread products at free lunch. Easy? Easy.

On the weekend of the 21st, I'll be having to navigate a family vacation with too much food. I don't really know what will be there so I'll have to make decisions on the fly. TRICKY.

That's all we're tweaking here. Don't want to explode while I'm doing well.

0/1300 avg

weigh ins 9/11, 9/30

may or may not do a pretty graph at the end, it's not much of a month since I chopped off the first bit for on call week.

Gym things:

Lifts--keep doing these. No changes, stuff still appears to be working. 

0/11

Clean things:

Cleaning OR elliptical. 

0/19

September To do

Do research on what the hell to do for professional development, ask who's gonna do my tickets while I do that :P

Get TSA Pre

Book November Vegas trip

Get car maintenance

Get car ENTIRELY cleaned

here's you some indie alt rock stuff

Spoiler

• Like 2
12 hours ago, ixaera said:

I have stopped gaining! Progress. Don't ever let anyone tell you there's an easy way to drop fat y'all

They are lying liars who lie

Might have been confusing "easy" with "simple"....common mistake, really. You have a lot of simple, good ideas to make it easy as possible. Bread is the enemy of deficits lol. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jord said:

obviously, the simple way is to just not eat

who likes eating anyway?

tenor.gif?itemid=4652305

Technically correct, actually. The 24/7 fast.

well last night of on call tonight and it is kind of leaking into my lifts because now I can't lift tomorrow morning b/c I didn't catch my shower tonight (my dirty warehouse gym has no shower and I'm just super lucky I don't sweat)

OH WELL WE ADAPT

squats & bench on wednesday, TOGETHER

It's really that magic deficit that is not so low that lifts always feel like hot garbage every time but where you also slowly lose the excess and it's way harder than just not going over 1200 and getting on the elliptical a few times a week but you all know that A+ gold star lol

• Like 2
9 hours ago, ixaera said:

It's really that magic deficit that is not so low that lifts always feel like hot garbage every time but where you also slowly lose the excess and it's way harder than just not going over 1200 and getting on the elliptical a few times a week but you all know that A+ gold star lol 

k78E6r1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Wooooo stress-loss pounds wait what

OH HEY I think your car battery spirit animal visited me this week 'cause I had to get mine replaced too, among other things, woooo, wooooooo, party time~

CHAOS CHAOS WHEE, pls to hang in there ok!

• Sad 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65