5 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

I like that your study plan includes prizes. Do you have specific loot that you're looking to earn?

Why yes!

Projections are good for success this week (I'm already at an hour with 3 days AND tonight to go), so I'm trying to choose between some stuff. I'm kind of wanting to pick something that will be useful during home isolation, so something for my apartment, a game, maybe. I need a lot of stuff for my apartment and the ring fit adventure game looks fun, so it's a tough loot choice.

Furniture that needs to be delivered is OUT right now so my first choice of a nightstand or coffee table or balcony swing chair isn't going to work... (plus even if they were still doing deliveries like that I wouldn't feel okay doing that right now)

So it's gotta be something I can download or that can be mailed that I can handle myself. What a pickle! That actually opens up assembly type furniture that can be shipped though.

Anyway the answer is I haven't decided but I have MULTIPLE things in mind at the moment. I hope you enjoyed this stream-of-consciousness journey through my decision-making process XD

• Like 1

Has it really only been one week?

March 30 - April 5

Happy Patrick GIF - Happy Patrick PatrickTheStarfish GIFs

Strength

Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun

Not too different from last week, programmatically. I'm focusing on push up form, because I think I was flaring my elbows too much before.

Score: A+

Cardio

Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sun

For super hax extraordinaire, I watched trainings while doing the stepper. That's right, I COMBINED two goals.

Score: A

Stayed the Intake Course

Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, Sun

Overall Avg: In Range

A little over this time, but still technically within range (I'm doing -/+ 5%). The end goal is within sight. I could be there in 2 months y'all, back to where I felt my best ever :)

Training

Two hours is too many. I don't have that in me. 1.5 was perfectly reasonable though, and I knocked it out early this week.

Lootbox

So, I'm awarding myself a lootbox each week  if I do well at all 4 goals. This week I ended up kind doing two things that evened out into what I was gonna spend (though I'm eyeballing my budget right now, so I might scale this guy back, I might do a financial thing at some point). I chose 2 jackbox party packs on steam (for remote-hanging with friends on video chat), and I did a treat-mahself dinner of filet mignon delivered from a fairly nice grill nearby. 

Struggles This Week

I'm still strugglebussing with motivation to get out of bed and do a workout I just don't like as much in the morning. But, I'm doing it. And, the results are clear. I'm honestly ready for Doc Brown and Marty to fix this broken timeline already.

Anyone else obsessed with Animal Crossing about now?

• Like 2

Woo, look at those high scores! 😀 Also, filet mignon. Yum!

I feel you on the strugglebus getting out of bed. During the day, I have these grand delusions of "ALL THE TRAINING, ALL THE TIME!" and then in the morning it's more like, "Meh. Goals are overrated" lol. Kudos for sticking with it even if it's not exactly the kind of training you'd like to be doing :)

• Like 1

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

On 4/6/2020 at 12:30 PM, JustCallMeAmber said:

Woo, look at those high scores! 😀 Also, filet mignon. Yum!

I feel you on the strugglebus getting out of bed. During the day, I have these grand delusions of "ALL THE TRAINING, ALL THE TIME!" and then in the morning it's more like, "Meh. Goals are overrated" lol. Kudos for sticking with it even if it's not exactly the kind of training you'd like to be doing :)

it is so far from exactly what I want to be doing lol

BUT we do what we can because we must

Women Do What We Must Do GIF - Women DoWhatWeMustDo GIFs

• Like 1

4/6 - 4/12

I think this is only getting harder, but I super need this to keep sane y'all

Friday Happy GIF - Friday Happy TryingToBePretty GIFs

preening, but just for me

Strength

Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun

Focusing on push up form is maybe tweaking my left elbow a bit. Not sure. But when I did one arm db shoulder presses my left elbow was having a tendon click just shy of painfully. I don't like this development. But, I did the thing in thing's entirety.

Cardio

Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat

I combined some of my training with cardio again, which has freed up a little time on work nights. I will likely continue this trend.

Stayed the Intake Course

Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, Sat, Sun

So close to the target in its exactitude, it's almost hilarious. (within 6 calories y'all)
Since I'm home all the time, I cook more now, almost as much as I was prior to this job, which means in general the quality of food is pretty dang good. Last week I had a ground beef/ veggie/rotini blend that was high in veg and pretty good, and some chicken curry that was low cal and made with lots of cauliflower and light on the creamy sauce. I made way too much of the chicken though and got SICK of it after the 4th or 5th bowl. There was still so much left. I felt horrible but there was no way I was gonna eat the rest - it got garbo'd. I also made a lean ground beef pasta dish that's on the heavier side but so tasty. 

This coming week is looking good too - doing sandwiches for lunch and tonight I made a chicken stir fry that was SO tasty. Got some eggs and pico, some guac, gonna be a solid one.

Training

I did my 1.5 hours, without counting the actual training session I attended (I won't count that anyway, my gosh I had so much trouble paying attention that I probably didn't learn much anyway). I almost did more, but I watched twitch on the stepper that day instead. (I don't have a playstation, I'm holding out for PS5, but I'm desperate to see that FF7 action y'all)

Lootbox

I have money to spend on a PRIZE, but what? I decided that standing up to eat is the most annoying thing in my life right now, so my prize will be a fancy tv tray (or set, depending on what I settle on). Next week might be one of those couch arm things to hold cups. A plan is forming.

Like, maybe these? I'm so undecided
https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/zipcode-design-riceboro-5-piece-tray-table-set-w001503262.html

Struggles This Week

I'll be honest. I'm SO SO struggling. I'm getting it done but it's not without a lot lot lot lot of pushing myself. And I don't want to let up because if I just let myself do whatever, I will probably get actually depressed and stuff will start coming apart. I definitely am surviving via routine and to-do lists at the moment.

No changes for the coming week, I think these goals are strong and do me good. I think adding to it would be a Bad Plan right now.

I am kind of eyeing JustCallMeAmber's water goal though >.> I definitely drink too much diet soda these days and would benefit...........

• Like 1

LOOT! I support your choice. It is indeed both stylish and functional.

15 hours ago, ixaera said:

So close to the target in its exactitude, it's almost hilarious. (within 6 calories y'all)

I'm very impressed with how close to target you are with your nutrition! :o That's no easy thing.

I'll be honest. I'm SO SO struggling. I'm getting it done but it's not without a lot lot lot lot of pushing myself. And I don't want to let up because if I just let myself do whatever, I will probably get actually depressed and stuff will start coming apart. I definitely am surviving via routine and to-do lists at the moment.

Sorry this is hard, and wish I could do more than just commiserate! I think most of us are surviving by structuring as much as possible. Hang in! :)

No changes for the coming week, I think these goals are strong and do me good. I think adding to it would be a Bad Plan right now.

I am kind of eyeing JustCallMeAmber's water goal though >.> I definitely drink too much diet soda these days and would benefit...........

These two seem to be at counter purposes. Just sayin' :P  I would be happy to have a partner in the goal should that be feasible and of help to you when you are ready, though.

'Tis a shame the curry chicken wound up in the bin. Have you tried freezing (assuming you have the space to do so)? I know some stuff does ok, and other stuff not so much. It seems like most of the curries I've frozen in the past did ok provided I ate it within a reasonable timeframe and didn't kill it while reheating.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 1:26 PM, JustCallMeAmber said:

I'm very impressed with how close to target you are with your nutrition! :o That's no easy thing.

So wildly accidental, too! I have my number and then my "it's a success within 5%" but 5% is not a SUPER narrow range, 6 calories tho! lol

Sorry this is hard, and wish I could do more than just commiserate! I think most of us are surviving by structuring as much as possible. Hang in! :)

Thank you! ❤️ 

These two seem to be at counter purposes. Just sayin' :P 

XD I have since compromised by unofficially disallowing another diet soda if I don't have a full glass of water first. It is not only helping, it is reducing my insane diet soda habit.

Have you tried freezing (assuming you have the space to do so)?

Alas, over the past few weeks I've tacked a little bit of stockpile refreshing to the grocery list. My freezer is chock full right now. It has everything from pot stickers and ice cream to riced broccoli, and no room for even the smallest thing (unless I just want to pick stuff up off the floor every time I open it)

• Like 1

4/13 - 4/19

30 day disney Challenge,day 4 | Disney Amino

you sweet summer child

Strength

Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun

This week's programming was a little more challenging, so that was nice actually. I still struggle to WANT to get out of bed when no barbells are involved but I think that's getting better actually. I'm seeing some accessory strength improvements, my push-ups feel stronger, and I've explored some back-friendly core moves I might not have tried otherwise.

Cardio

Mon, Wed, Sun

This is a passing score, but you can see I took a bit of a hit here. There was a non-mental health reason, though. I worked til nearly 8 pm the night I would normally have done the fourth session, and Saturday I didn't make it up. This is fine, though, and I'm resisting that urge to be like "just wake up early on Fridays too"

Score: B

Stayed the Intake Course

Mon, Tues, Thur, Sat, Sun

You're gonna LAUGH at me, but I was within 11 calories this time. I swear this is NOT on purpose.

Made a turkey chorizo and roasted onions & taters meal early in the week, a chicken breast pasta thingo, and a ground beef & black bean sorta-taco bowl (no actual taco seasoning, but there was Slap Ya Mama and pepper jack cheese involved). Doing scrambled eggs with pico and spinach some mornings (also with pepper jack cheese ofc), protein drinks other days. I have some frozen Jimmy Deans I sometimes dip into - but only once this week.

Training

Did my 1.5 hours. Nothing too exciting to report here, just that I split time between stuff I actually encounter at work (C# fundamentals, JS and stuff), the cert training the department is putting on (my god so boring), and some concept stuff my boss recommended. If it sounds like too much, it's a good thing. No idea if I'm actually ADHD but I think better when I can switch directions without feeling bad about it (so it's nice to have a plan that involves a lot of variety this way)

Lootbox

My prize to me was a table lamp and it's SO COOL
https://www.wayfair.com/lighting/pdp/orren-ellis-danbury-12-table-lamp-w001718571.html

This is so that I can move the ugly floor lamp (UFL) out of the bedroom. UFL will go to the living room for now (til the day I get a way cooler light source of course), and then if the last kitchen track light goes out before the apartment maintenance starts doing non-emergency work, I have a light source I can spare for the kitchen.

The end table I got last week showed up Thursday and it's exactly what I had in mind. It doesn't tuck under the couch base, so I'm not getting everything out of that C-shape, but it's still very versatile. It's a tv tray until I have better options for that, then it'll graduate to couch side table. Wee! 

Next week if I succeed I get a collapsible wagon for dragging groceries in. THAT will be a lifesaver. So I'm MOTIVATED.

Struggles Positives This Week

I'm changing what I focus on here. I'm doing pretty okay and I don't think I need to try to find negative to improve. So what's good? Here we are, in flippin' crazy times, everyone on the planet is struggling because of the state of things. Being stuck at home for an introvert is still barfy because hey maybe I want to go to a public place and then not interact with people, you know??????? BUT out of all this, a diamond in the rough: Since January 1st, I have lost 14 lbs. I am more or less back to where I was, though I have 4 lbs to go (I GOT THIS).

I need to start thinking of what I'll do when I hit goal, now. Four pounds is like, 4-6 weeks at my rate, and I don't think it should be an expensive item or a big food treat - but it needs to be something GOOD
If lockdown is over, maybe a massage?

Or maybe go to total wine and find something amazing?
Maybe go to ulta and get some bubble bath goodies?

Gosh I dunno. Maybe I'll take a day off and not do a SINGLE CHORE OR WORKOUT. Maybe a combo of the above. Yes, I need to think of this early - too many options and the motivation will help push that last 4 lbs.

• Like 1

Mostly just popping by to say hello as I haven't been on this forum in ages, but also...

On 4/19/2020 at 6:56 PM, ixaera said:

You're gonna LAUGH at me, but I was within 11 calories this time. I swear this is NOT on purpose.

When I do the calorie-counting thing, this is me as well except it's totally on purpose. I'll spend an embarrassing amount of time poring over labels to decide what I can eat to get as close to my maximum allowance as possible.

• Like 1
On 4/21/2020 at 10:30 AM, calanthrophy said:

Mostly just popping by to say hello as I haven't been on this forum in ages, but also...

When I do the calorie-counting thing, this is me as well except it's totally on purpose. I'll spend an embarrassing amount of time poring over labels to decide what I can eat to get as close to my maximum allowance as possible.

Hiiii!!

Sorry, it's been a mad house around here. You'd think "haha you're stuck at home, what could you be possibly busy with" 

But it turns out a lot.

My accidental/on purpose levels definitely depend on how my appetite is handling the cut. It was doing super well for a while there, but appetite is in an upswing right now so I'm definitely squeezing in stuff on purpose. "Oh, 5 calories left? I think I have a bite of halo top with my name on it!"

4/20 - 4/26

Longest week ever.

image.png.2c792dc1b36bd71d33cbe246dc219723.png

Strength

Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun

This was fine! Not amazing still, but getting it done. She included some lunges that really made me sore, so I felt like I was doing something at least.

Cardio

Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sun

Not too shabby. Been doing this during Animal Crossing a lot lately, but it pairs well with studying too.

Stayed the Intake Course

Mon, Wed, Sun

Overall Avg: Out of Range

Stayed around maintenance for my weekly average - mainly because I went BIG over two days. The burger and fries were kinda worth it, but this is a big ole fail.

Training

Did only 1 hour. While this is still Good(tm) it is not goal. I have reasons for missing my goal (the quality of which is up for debate) - we have a big work training class every two weeks and I'll be frank - it is DRY and HARD to pay attention to and this week it was exceptionally long and arduous. I had planned to study that night and couldn't bear it after that. I worked late quite a bit, and in the end I just took my stress out on a lot of Animal Crossing and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. (And - honestly - one of the days this week my stress got ahold of a pint of Blue Bell and we emptied that pint, yes we did.)

Lootbox

So, no rewards for nerds who don't complete their goals. I'm not beating myself up. It was a rough week, and it's okay. They wouldn't be rewards if I was always perfect. I really do want this wagon though.

Positives This Week

This one's tough this week. Despite not doing great on my goals, I am still keeping my place pretty tidy. I ordered my BFF something online that just screamed her and was able to drop that off in a bit of a care package Sunday. Made some good progress getting some loose ends tied up with ex. That's not nothing.

This week is off to the OKAYEST start. I managed to stay in range, but my plans to do some cardio and study were thwarted by a dire need to work late. Had some real dumb issues pop up that needed a lot of troubleshooting, so by the time I finally finished my 12 hour day (no joke, and I worked 1.5 hours last night too, after finding one of said issues) I just didn't have energy to do cardio and study. I was planning on doing neither on my PTO day but that might need to change so I don't feel like too much of a slug, I guess.

(Plus, I want that wagon.)

• Like 1
On 4/30/2020 at 11:58 AM, JustCallMeAmber said:

Sorry you had a tough week. :( I do hope this one is going better for you and does not involve many 12 hour work days (yuck!). You'll get that wagon in no time! :)

Thanks! It was better in a lot of ways. I'm hoping this next sprint includes less stuff I have to work 100% with teammates on. Being a newbie really sucks in that way, but there ARE things I can do mostly on my own, just not a lot of those in the last two weeks. It's the first time something like that has happened since my first sprint six months ago, so it's a rare thing at least.

It's funny - the wagon's a sure bet (I only have dinner and one cardio session left this week and everything is looking on track) - but work just announced free Shipt memberships and free delivery for everyone so my need for a wagon has recently kind of tanked. I'm still doing it though. The shipt I have access to has NO alcohol so if ever I need to restock or something, a wagon full of craft beer appeals to my imagination.

(I was going to sub it last minute with a sideboard full of shoe storage but I can't find one I like yet!)

• Like 1

4/27 - 5/3

No gif matched my mood today, have a song I repeat regularly instead:

Strength

Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun

Still doing this. I feel like she's bumped the difficulty a bit, which is helping morale. Not a huge fan of high rep unilateral movement - when the set takes 2 minutes I die of boredom.

Cardio

Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun

Ended up doubling up on strength days, so it was a little weird, but that's just how it shook out. Had a couple of semi-late work nights and it just didn't lend to energy on the elliptical.

Stayed the Intake Course

Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sun

Did much better. Overdid it a touch on Friday, but one day out of seven is darn good. I wasn't as close to the target (19 over), but it's solidly within the "good job" zone.

Training

Did the full 1.5 hours. And am learning stuff.

Lootbox

I get the wagon. The wagon is now less helpful (see previous post), but I couldn't think of anything else at the last minute and it's not like it won't come in handy. I'm currently trying to cook up next week's reward because I'm thinking a sideboard that stores shoes so I can get my shoe storage under control and recoup some closet space, but nothing I've seen strikes my fancy or fits in one of two spaces I can do this. We'll see what shakes out. Any kind of storage solution that will improve life in a tiny space is good, so maybe I'll find something less shoe related. (I've looked at the over the door ones and that might work out, but my closet door is kind of odd - the way the rails are built if you put any clothes on the end of the rail you can't shut the door. So the shoe thing would be on the outside? that's OKAY but I need a sideboard anyway and thought it'd be a good two-for-one solution. Brainstorming still required.)

That said - and I'm literally just now thinking about this - earlier this week I bought a webcam. I justified it because I will primarily use it for work (so I can have a face in meetings - it's weird just being a talking icon on someone's screen), but it's not like I'm made of money. This COULD muscle out the wagon purchase. Feels bad man, but technically I didn't *need* the webcam. I'll decide sometime soon whether it counts - but I might be talking about wagons a little longer.

Positives This Week

Hmm, positives. I should really start journaling a few a day, I'm sure it wasn't all meh. One thing - I bought pre-seasoned ground chicken (fajita style, with peppers and stuff in it) and a frozen pack of Alexia white cheddar riced cauliflower. I put them in the skillet together and MY GOODNESS. They were a match made in heaven. So delicious. I just had some of those leftovers for dinner and still have one more serving (lunch tomorrow). That's something to look forward to.

Today I took a sangria cider and sat on the balcony with my kindle for about an hour. That was a good time.

I got a box full of tea (I signed up for a monthly box of tea, is why) and I'm pretty stoked about trying some. I'm actually about to fire up the kettle and make some of the herbal I got while finishing Disco Elysium.

I already said this but it IS a positive - free Shipt means less anxiety-inducing trips to the grocery store. IDK how it is where you guys are but around here, it seems like people glare at you if you've got a mask on, they ignore the one-way signs on the ground and get RIGHT up in your space to pluck a box of whatever that's in front of you instead of waiting. It just makes me nervous. I hope Shipt works out well (but also I have to plan it so I can carry everything I order in one go, because I have to meet them on the street, 3 floors down). The only thing they don't let you order (at least here, I know it's different elsewhere) is alcohol, but I'm stocked for a while there.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, ixaera said:

a wagon full of craft beer appeals to my imagination.

This feels like a magical situation waiting to happen.

I took my brother to Aldi's before I went to the grocery yesterday. The contents of my bag: (admittedly, multiple households represented) 8 bags of chips, a box of rice krispies treats and 2 cases of bottled water. This is how you quarantine, yes? :lol:

16 hours ago, ixaera said:

IDK how it is where you guys are but around here, it seems like people glare at you if you've got a mask on, they ignore the one-way signs on the ground and get RIGHT up in your space to pluck a box of whatever that's in front of you instead of waiting.

Oh, that sucks! At peak, I'd say 90% of the people at our grocery were wearing masks. So if anybody was giving out glares, they were mighty busy. Also, if you're wearing a mask, you 100% have permission to stick your tongue out at rude people. Just sayin'

16 hours ago, ixaera said:

Update: decided that the webcam totally counts, as it wasn't a necessary purchase and was pretty expensive. Plus, I bought some eyeshadow and it was nice eyeshadow. This girl already treated herself and needs a lesson in budgeting. is fully supporting the economy

FTFW :D Also, you still technically earned the wagon, so you can treat yourself to it when it makes more sense. :)

Curious to hear your solution for shoes! I've a small mountain of stacked compartments/shelves and the little zip up containers they sell at IKEA. It works, but it's not exactly the prettiest thing ever.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 1:18 PM, JustCallMeAmber said:

8 bags of chips, a box of rice krispies treats and 2 cases of bottled water. This is how you quarantine, yes? :lol:

Um YES

lol

Also, if you're wearing a mask, you 100% have permission to stick your tongue out at rude people. Just sayin'

I just don't get it! It's for them, not me. The good news is, I had to go get my state inspection (registration is up), no one glared at me. 

FTFW :D Also, you still technically earned the wagon, so you can treat yourself to it when it makes more sense. :)

Curious to hear your solution for shoes! I've a small mountain of stacked compartments/shelves and the little zip up containers they sell at IKEA. It works, but it's not exactly the prettiest thing ever.

So, the wagon's on hold. I'm currently doing shipt & drizzly (shipt won't let us put alcohol in the cart round these parts... funny what we do and don't enforce... ) so a wagon isn't super useful right now. I looked HIGH AND LOW for a good shoe solution. I wanted a cabinet/sideboard deal that would look nice and have some top surface area, but I didn't like anything I found, so I settled on an over the door rack. That alas, I didn't earn this week.

• Like 1

5/4 - 5/10

In which our heroine declares a need for a break from adulting

65fd5285cc1063ce4a30719c7247f9d1.gif

Strength

Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun

Had an errand to run Tuesday that I will not complain about here nope, anyway my routine got pushed a bit and lemme say, doing two back-to-backs during the week is more exhausting than I thought it would be.

Cardio

Mon, Tues, Sat

Was supposed to do one more today but I was just too tired. This is not a fail.

Score: B

Stayed the Intake Course

Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sat

Overall Avg: Out of Range

Not much out of range, but out of range. +6% is more than +5% Womp womp

Not terribly sad about it, and I think it's a symptom of "trying to do too much during a time of great grief and stress and you should stop that for a minute okay?"

The fatal error was drunk ordering a pizza, then thinking I could "just eat one slice" for a few meals. There's a reason I don't order pizza often, and this is it. It wasn't that bad though, and the pizza was delicious, so we'll call it a wash.

Training

Did 1.5 hours. Was exhausted enough for the last session that I had to fight to stay awake though. Only barely made this one.

Lootbox

Nothing this week - but next week I get the shoe over the door thing by default for doing nothing at all. It's not that expensive and it will help with some storage challenges.

Positives This Week

I found an easy recipe that's 320 calories and fucking delicious you guys. First step - bake a tater. Second step - skillet up some ground beef, toss some white mushrooms in and get them nice and cooked. Toss spinach in right at the end so it's not too squishy. Season with Slap Ya Mama. Cut up the potato and put the stuff on it. Split into thirds. Yeah judge me if you want, but this is my go-to now. I never claimed to be an awesome cook. XD

Next week my goal is to do whatever I want. Next Sunday's post will tell you about what that ends up being!

• Like 2

First step - bake a tater. Second step - skillet up some ground beef, toss some white mushrooms in and get them nice and cooked. Toss spinach in right at the end so it's not too squishy. Season with Slap Ya Mama. Cut up the potato and put the stuff on it. Split into thirds

This is my kinda recipe. Easy is good.

• Like 1

5/11 - 5/17

Where is this year even going? I mean, bye Felicia, but seriously

tenor.gif?itemid=10438416

So before we get into this short update full of "lol I totally took advantage of giving myself a break" -- I could not have chosen to do this at a better time. Work blew up, I probably pulled a solid 65+ hours. I was up late and exhausted, so I slept in on my usual weekday strength day, and I just didn't have time after work to do elliptical. And forget additional studying. (Not that I didn't learn a crapton anyway.) So it's Sunday night, I worked 6 hours today, and I'm so tired. 

Strength

Tues, Sat

I WANTED to work out both Tues & Sat. My Thurs & Sun bit the dust due to work exhaustion.

Score: N/A

Cardio

Mon (lol)

See above. I usually do this after work. There was no after work!

Stayed the Intake Course

Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sun

Overall Avg: In Range

I wasn't grading this but it's important to me and my cut is pretty gentle, so I didn't stray. I did have some extra in the form of BEER (Real Ale Devil's Backbone Y'ALL) on Saturday, but overall I was 10 under target, while barely trying and being kind about overages. I just didn't experience hefty cravings or munchies, so it was easy this week. I'm currently within 3 lbs of goal (part of why the cut is so gentle).

Training

No

Lootbox

'Bout to buy that shoe over-the-door rack y'all.

Positives This Week

I'm so glad I had already decided to take a week off, what with work clobbering me in the face like that. Had I not, I probably would have called a mulligan, but there would have been a day or two struggling to try and stressing about it I'm sure. The personal stuff I've been processing feels like there might be light at the end of the tunnel. I had a nice dream about my late cat. I'm excited to get this shoe rack.

Looking Forward

The work hammer is not quite done with me, so I'm trimming my goals next week just a touch to make that more realistic. ONE hour of training, and I only need 3 strength workouts to get my A. My actual gym opens back up tomorrow, but I'm baffled why anyone thinks it's a good idea to go to a gym full of sweaty people right now, plus wearing a mask and gloves while working out sounds way worse even with the barbell than just continuing like I am for a while longer. I'm not sure when that'll feel okay, but it's not this coming week...

On 5/19/2020 at 1:42 PM, JustCallMeAmber said:

Oof. That's a LONG week. I hope things are less crazy for you this week, and that you get some rest!

Also, super impressed with how well your cut is going :)

Thanks! I am honestly just lucky in the sense that my big food weakness is eating/drinking socially and welp - not a lot of that right now (mostly just some social drinking via video chat). So it's been a lot easier to just keep track and stay in the lines. When I go over it's because I get a wild hair that my allotted take out should be something like loaded cheese fries lol

And yeah, work calmed down a lot so I've SUCCESSFULLY recharged!!

• Like 1