AT-AT-Walker-Goes-Down.gif

harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrummmph

Pick up heavy things and then put them back down again

[ X ] [ X ] [ O ]  missed

[ X ] [ ] [ ] 

Be vaguely active

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ] [ ] missed two

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ] [ ] [ ] 

2 walks in the frigid air at work (note: not the refrigerator)

Don't pig out

1470 (-80)

Overcooked my baked potato I think. Or undercooked. I don't know. It was crunchy.

Back rehab

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ] [ ] 

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] 

Fail

Write errday

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] 

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ] [ ]

Did some editing of that chapter/part/piece whatever. Found some logic holes, gonna just make a list and come back to that stuff. Today's plan is to brainstorm the next part.

Read writing advice

[ X ] [ ] 

Rummaged around in r/writing for something to read about, ended up boiling down to "just write everyday" which, well, um, I appear to be trying to take to heart already. Oh well, probably always good to see that advice again. NEVER STOP

Read own writing

[ X ] [ ] 

Read print books

[ X ] [ X ] [ ] [ ] 

Study things/code academy stuff

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ] [ ] [ ] 

I was grumpy as heck. It's not really shark week time and I'm taking my vitamins, so it's probably just the new program and DOMS and general life. (Work kinda sucks lately.)

In other news, I did the mini. It was a fail, but I got pretty close. I'm not a fan of some of those reps, but since I can't claim victory anyway, here's me not caring.

Evidence:

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, ixaera said:

harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrummmph

Seconding this feel right here.

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

11 minutes ago, shaar said:

24 minutes ago, ixaera said:

harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrummmph

Seconding this feel right here.

Right there with you. Can we cancel this week due to lack of interest??

• Like 4

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

3 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Right there with you. Can we cancel this week due to lack of interest??

I will gladly sign your petition.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ixaera said:

It is my fervent opinion, as a person who doesn't innately like a lot of the super easy protein sources, that +9g protein is what makes it tempting to do again, out of all the things. $4 is not enough. Slight flavor boost is not enough, but a significant protein boost? F--- YEAH

It's your show and protein is hard to make most days, I think it's as good a reason as any.

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Daily Check-In: The Rare Pre-Sleepy Time Check In

4/27/17

oSEq3bB.gif

me all the time forever

[ X ] [ X ] [ ] 

Bulgarian Split Squats

3x8 40 lbs

Bench Press

1x36 43 lbs (lol)

Hammer Strength Behind Neck Pulldown

3x8 70 lbs

One Arm Standing DB Press

1x10 20 lbs

1x9 20 lbs

1x6 20 lbs

Got super gassed here. Probably the fault of the Bench amrap somehow, or the impending body doom.

Cable Face Pull

3x10 30 lbs

Leg Extensions

3x9 55 lbs

Leg Curls

3x9 55 lbs

Be vaguely active

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ? ] [ ] [ ] 

One 1.5 mile walk, 5 minutes on the gym treadmill. Close, no cigar? Maybe a cigarillo.

Don't pig out

1468 (-82)

Had, like, no real appetite today and after I hit my protein numbers it became way harder to convince myself to cook pulled pork.

Back rehab

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] 

Success

Write errday

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ] [ ]

Nope

Read writing advice

[ X ] [ X ] 

Rummaged in r/writing again, read some cool stuff on character tropes and other character things. Probably need to find multiple sources of things, though, since an individual forum tends to be dominated by particular mindsets and a variety is good.

Read own writing

[ X ] [ ] 

Read print books

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ] 

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ] [ ] 

Friend assignment again, but it was real easy. Still learned a few things, though, so it counts.

Got back from my workout and I felt like hot garbage. Just exhausted for no reason, I slept like a baby last night. Appetite is not great, but not super poor, and I really hope I'm not coming down with a thing. Better not, body! :|

Back update: After the random blech of Monday, it's been better, almost normal again. Might be able to sneak in some low bar Sunday to see how that goes.

Played a buncha Starbound to relax.

• Like 2
On 4/27/2017 at 10:15 PM, ixaera said:

Got back from my workout and I felt like hot garbage. Just exhausted for no reason, I slept like a baby last night. Appetite is not great, but not super poor, and I really hope I'm not coming down with a thing. Better not, body! :|

Maaan this was me yesterday, minus the hot garbage.  Exhausted, not really hungry, I had oatmeal for dinner and was like "eh ok"........

I'm not sick this morning and you should not be either!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shaar said:

Maaan this was me yesterday, minus the hot garbage.  Exhausted, not really hungry, I had oatmeal for dinner and was like "eh ok"........

I'm not sick this morning and you should not be either!!

I am not sick! Still run down-ish and a bit of an irritation in the ole bronchials but nothing real. Mr Ix, on the other hand, is totally out of commission today. :(

• Like 1

Daily Check-In

4/28/17

dad-jokes-star-trek.gif

[ X ] [ X ] [ ] 

Be vaguely active

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ? ] [ X ] [ ] 

Two walks at work

Don't pig out

1558 (+3)

Sigh, family get togethers. For some reason everyone thinks you HAVE to have the cake. (I ate the cake, it was pretty good, but if I'd picked sweets of my own, it woulda been something else.

Back rehab

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] 

Nada. I was kind of a mess yesterday. Hormones, general life stress, who knows, but I ended up requesting Monday off. Went home then almost immediately to the family thing, then came home and went to bed directly. My back was unhappy with me both for the neglect and for sitting down in a tall wooden chair.

Write errday

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ]

Outlined some stuff

Read writing advice

[ X ] [ X ] 

Read own writing

[ X ] [ ] 

Read print books

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ] 

So clearly today I need to do some writing stuff, some coding stuff, and not neglect my damn back.

5 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I am impressed you did any kind of upper body work after doing the bench mini!

Not only that, no DOMS to speak of. I'm SHOCKED really, I was totally burnt at the end of that from that AMRAP bench, but after a brief rest the will and strength to continue just popped right back, like memory foam. I HAVE to assume it's the fault of low neuromuscular efficiency ;_;

On the plus side, MOAR VOLUME (ok I might be insane)

• Like 1

Daily Check-In

4/29/17

hold_on_archer.gif

[ X ] [ X ] [ ] 

Be vaguely active

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ? ] [ X ] [ X ] 

rolled out of bed and did 30 min elliptical

Don't pig out

1556 (+6)

99g protein and 1550 on the nose hahahhahaha fear me, mortals!

Back rehab

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] 

I SO suck at this lately. I need to figure this out. It's IMPORTANT

Write errday

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ]

Nope

Read writing advice

[ X ] [ X ] 

Read own writing

[ X ] [ ] 

Read print books

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] 

Sigh

I just needed a day off from braining. I cooked, I worked out a bit, but otherwise I played games and tv'd. We rented Fantastic Beasts, finally, and I actually really liked it. I'd heard from friends that it just wasn't Harry Potter, but... it was a cute movie with an interesting main character, if a bit predictable and probably more for kids.

I've already bench pressed today and have plans to do the best I can to catch up on this, the last day of my 2 week interim goals. Monday I plan to SUPER REST (taking the day off), but then, May goals ahoy. They'll probably look just like these, only with a little housework added in and possibly punch up the activity a bit.

Programming-wise, stuff is going well. I did NOT hit a 5x3 at 91 lbs today, though, so I think I've run myself dry on the super intense 5x5 5x3 setup I have been doing. That's okay, I knew that wouldn't last forever. I DID hit a 3x3 and managed to get the rest of my 15 reps in further sets at least, but going forward, we'll be aiming for 3x3's on intensity day and adding a set to volume day for now. 

Gym shenanigans: Today there was a trainer guy with 2 trainees (maybe, it was hard to tell if the girl was one of his trainees or just there with one of the guys? she was deadlifting with them but the big trainee dude was only ever cheering on the dude... not sure what that was about, but maybe he's only cheering on his client?) This guy, this GUY. He's getting this guy to deadlift and I have no serious critiques of that b/c I'm not qualified and I wasn't really watching, but then the trainer would work in and do his sets and he was like I'LL DO 515!! HAHA!!! like super showing off? It was weird. That's okay, they were probably judging my 2 bench fails as well.

Daily Check-In

4/30/17

tenor.gif

SUSHI

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] 

Bench Press

1x5 50 lbs

1x3 60 lbs

1x3 70 lbs

1x1 80 lbs

3x3 91 lbs

2x2 91 lbs

2x1 91 lbs

Started failing out, but was close enough that it wasn't out of the question to get all my reps in, so I did. I think I'm Actually into intermediate territory now?

T-Bar Row

5x3 75 lbs

Pretty heavy o.O 

Incline DB flies

3x8 30 lbs

DB Preacher Curls

3x8 30 lbs

Leg Extensions

3x9 55 lbs

Leg Curls

3x9 55 lbs

Be vaguely active

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ? ] [ X ] [ X ] 

nope, nothing outside lifting yesterday

Don't pig out

1593 (+43)

Meh

Back rehab

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] 

Write errday

Outlined some stuff, talked some plot points out with myself. My two draft readers keep saying "this is good can't wait for next part" and I'm starting to wonder if I'll have to get over my anxiety about showing Other People my stuff in order to get a real critique.

Read writing advice

[ X ] [ X ] 

Read own writing

[ X ] [ ] 

Read print books

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] 

[ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ ] 

jQuery lesson

Played a lot of games, went to eat sushi, good day.

WRAP-UP

Did alright. Could use improvement with back rehab especially. Wanting a bit more challenge in May, but I don't wanna overdo it :S

Avg intake this week: 1593

Avg weight: 107.6 lbs (+.6)

DVgyQcg.png

6 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Outlined some stuff, talked some plot points out with myself. My two draft readers keep saying "this is good can't wait for next part" and I'm starting to wonder if I'll have to get over my anxiety about showing Other People my stuff in order to get a real critique.

Prolly. The type of people who send back no crits either mean well and "don't want to nit-pick" or just flat aren't editor material. Because in my experience there are an army of nits to pick in a first draft work. I mean, even if you go over it 14 times this is true. Like, missing words alone....

Just now, Urgan said:

Prolly. The type of people who send back no crits either mean well and "don't want to nit-pick" or just flat aren't editor material. Because in my experience there are an army of nits to pick in a first draft work. I mean, even if you go over it 14 times this is true. Like, missing words alone....

I mean, I have 3 big nits to pick with it and they aren't even grammar related. It's future sci fi, and I've made several errors with some things already. Like, deserts aren't hot at night b/c no humidity in the air to hold in the warmth, a character wasn't properly puzzled about seeing someone on their turf, the setting was strangely sparse of people. Now, they might not realize that is not consistent with the story I'm telling, though.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I mean, I have 3 big nits to pick with it and they aren't even grammar related. It's future sci fi, and I've made several errors with some things already. Like, deserts aren't hot at night b/c no humidity in the air to hold in the warmth, a character wasn't properly puzzled about seeing someone on their turf, the setting was strangely sparse of people. Now, they might not realize that is not consistent with the story I'm telling, though.

I can see how you would begin to doubt that your work is actually being vetted by your current process of sending it off to these particular people. Been there, done that. They may be good friends and it's validating to hear they like it, buuut at some point you want a polished draft. 

If you feel like it, message me and we can talk shop?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Urgan said:

I can see how you would begin to doubt that your work is actually being vetted by your current process of sending it off to these particular people. Been there, done that. They may be good friends and it's validating to hear they like it, buuut at some point you want a polished draft. 

If you feel like it, message me and we can talk shop?

If I ever get something like at least halfway through, then I'll address exiting my comfort zone for such a thing :) Thanks. I have been feeding them single chapters.

• Like 1

MAY GOALZ

ExIqChP.gif

Bulgarian. Split. Squats.

EXPEND

Lift 3x per week! Period. (Barring injury or sickness.)

Get on the elliptical 30 min 4x per week!

Continue walking at work and try to get a little in at home too.

ABZ ERRDAY (I can't burpee, but this will help back things and is a challenge!)

RECOVER

Eat food. Track calories. Track protein. (Doing well enough at this just to track i think. If it falls off the wagon b/c I'm not grading it, I'll put it back on the wagon)

Water (64 oz a day plz)

Mobility errday <-- untimed, just seeing how it goes. I've left it off because there's some stretches that put the disc in a bad place, but I can roll and do other things

GROW

Write 6x per week, untimed.

Study 3x per week, untimed.

May 1 was a much needed ZERO DAY. But here we are, let's go. 

Note: I already did my lifting today and my back was bothering me a touch so on split squats I lowered the weight and upped the reps and ALMOST DIED. It was cardio for sure. Painful deathtastic cardio (painful in a good way). First time I've finished a workout and was glad I carry purse snacks. The drive home was 30 mins, so that 90 calories of larabar was NECESSARY.

tumblr_nzho2eE5iT1v1p15bo1_500.gif

• Like 2

Split squats, ugh, you have my sympathies and prayers.  I work these in once in a while if I'm feeling particularly hype and hoo boy howdy.  Yerp.

Purse snacks ALWAYS the best! Never know when you're going to need a single measured serving of 11 sweet potato tortilla chips, ah, there they are~

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, shaar said:

Split squats, ugh, you have my sympathies and prayers.  I work these in once in a while if I'm feeling particularly hype and hoo boy howdy.  Yerp.

Purse snacks ALWAYS the best! Never know when you're going to need a single measured serving of 11 sweet potato tortilla chips, ah, there they are~

Legs are currently still in shocked silence, I am waiting for the OH NO moment when DOMS appears (surely it will appear after that, I was very near to puking and stopped my last set just a touch early b/c I didn't want to get my name on the Puke Wall for Bulgarian split squats of all things)

QUESTION: how do your purse chips not become purse crumbs

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Legs are currently still in shocked silence, I am waiting for the OH NO moment when DOMS appears (surely it will appear after that, I was very near to puking and stopped my last set just a touch early b/c I didn't want to get my name on the Puke Wall for Bulgarian split squats of all things)

QUESTION: how do your purse chips not become purse crumbs

Is there a Puke Wall at your gym?!!?!!?!!  

!!!!!!!!!!!!

answer: Constant and frequent eating of said snacks; My purse is small and I don't carry a ton so there's less chances of slam-dancing food in there.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, shaar said:

Is there a Puke Wall at your gym?!!?!!?!!  

YES. They write your name, the date, and what you were doing, and lordy I am not going down for split squats

That said, I don't think they ever put the girl's name up there that puked during sled pushes. So maybe they wait for like crazy RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA moments where someone's loudly hitting a PR and pukes?????

7 hours ago, shaar said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!

answer: Constant and frequent eating of said snacks; My purse is small and I don't carry a ton so there's less chances of slam-dancing food in there.

Noted... I take forever to get around to purse snacks. If something else is available or I'm about to be somewhere where food will be, I decide not to eat it and "save it for later" and later becomes years so chip-type snacks are pretty toast.

• Like 1