It's been four years...

It's been four years... and I've never stopped by here to say hello!

Hi everyone!

It's been four years since I found Nerd Fitness during a desperate attempt to keep my life together. At the time I was going through some serious relationship and self-confidence issues which I did not know how to solve and I felt were spiraling out of control. Basically, Nerd Fitness helped save me from the depths of depression and made me excited for something like I had not been for a very long time. I felt enlightened by all the information and resolved to tackle life with a newfound perspective.

It's been four years... and life has never been better! I have set and surpassed many of my fitness and career goals, overcome my self-confidence issues, and basically transformed my entire life. I've become a father, relocated to a different city, and met the woman I will call my wife in 33 days. Looking back, I can honestly say Nerd Fitness was the initial inspiration for all the changes I have made which has brought such happiness and fulfillment to my life. Thank you to all the contributors and rebels for building such an amazing community!

As for my specs...

5'10" 205 lbs.

Software Engineer by day, fitness aficionado by night.

Possibly addicted to Destiny (PSN: SirJoshHafer).

I enjoy anime, hiking, and exploring new locales.

I want to learn to play guitar, build Gunpla, and develop a mobile app.

I'm looking forward to meeting the community!

• Like 5

I sometimes wonder just how many of us here can say a similar thing.  Welcome, good luck with your upcoming wedding, and I hope to see you around. :) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

There are two ways you can do that, the first is to create your own character using the Character Creator (there is a help/FAQ page for that here), where you earn XP for completing items in your Epic Quest list.  Or, if you don't want to do that, you can use the old system (from before they launched the character creator) where you allow yourself a certain amount of stat points per challenge.  It's outdated now since they started the new system but the old guide is here if you want do use it.  It was written back when the challenges were 6 weeks long but it can be adapted to work with the 4 Week format.  You can read about that in this thread. :) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously