• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sylvaa

Sylvaa [Clarity]

I finally caught up! 

Short hair is a cute summer look. Though I'm betting that the east coast will have a real summer like we had a real winter.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2017 at 10:37 AM, Sylvaa said:

The best thing about yesterday is that I didn't actually die either time I thought I was going to.

Not dying is pretty important, at least to me ;)

I've been having the problem lately of wanting to do more make up (right now I've been doing concealer + mascara, but I want to throw on a bit of eyeshadow as well) but not having time when I'm getting ready at the gym in the morning. I think the wall clock down in the workout area is slow.. 

• Like 2

Okay guys, in response to the hair discussion, I've got a treat for you all! Let's take a walk down Sylvaa memory lane!

In high school, I cut my hair super short. It was low maintenance (other than needing regular trims). Note: sorry, it's a picture of a picture. Also, I totally made that necklace myself. 

Baby%20Sylvaa_zpseo02f7di.jpg

After I had my son, I started to let it grow out (and also started to wear my glasses full time instead of contacts). This picture is about 15 years old.

After%20Baby_zps23osdzqg.jpg

Now, my hair is much longer. Also, my bathroom is clean, so enjoy.

Sylvaa%20Now_zpsdyeb1tpf.jpg

I've cut my hair to between chin and shoulder length a few times in between, like my profile picture, but I don't have a lot of pictures of it like that. I know I can't do in between. I need to either have it long enough for a ponytail or too short to require one. The bob length doesn't work well for me. 

• Like 12

Challenge Update:

Work, school, and running are all on track. I got a two mile run in yesterday without dying (but super slow - 13:00 / mile - because hills). 

I am not posting my BuJo from last week, because I have work and personal together and I wrote the health system name instead of the initials. This week will be different though! I had a great weekend. Got grocery shopping and laundry done on Saturday, so Sunday I had time to clean and relax. 

We've been playing Diablo 3 (we being myself, my husband, and my son). So they ran me through some high level rifts to get my gear up. I'm almost done with chapter IV for the season. Last night, I also went with my husband to watch his hockey game. It's playoff time and they won. Unfortunately, he isn't playing next weekend as he gets his wisdom teeth out on Thursday.

Also, according to Facebook, today is the day my husband proposed to me 6 years ago. 

• Like 14

Haha yay pictures!!! I have the same short cut I think twice... once in Jr High, then again in college after I buzzed my head. Not a good look for me.

Also, thanks FB! you creepily know our lives better than we do... :ph34r:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Happy proposal anniversary!

I told him this morning that it showed up on my feed. I asked him what was he thinking.... :panda: He told me he would let me know when he figured it out.

Just now, RedStone said:

Haha yay pictures!!! I have the same short cut I think twice... once in Jr High, then again in college after I buzzed my head. Not a good look for me.

Also, thanks FB! you creepily know our lives better than we do... :ph34r:

Late 90's for me - when we all wanted to be Natalie Imbruglia. 

I definitely need FB for things like this! I know our actual anniversary date, but things like our first date or when he proposed are lost on me. I'm not really sentimental about thinks like this. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I definitely need FB for things like this! I know our actual anniversary date, but things like our first date or when he proposed are lost on me. I'm not really sentimental about thinks like this. 

One of the questions on OKC is "do you put a lot of importance on weekly, monthly, etc, anniversaries?" ...weekly?! I can't even remember what day today is. If I remember the anniversary of our first date it will be because I plugged it into my calendar and the google machine reminds me. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, fleaball said:

One of the questions on OKC is "do you put a lot of importance on weekly, monthly, etc, anniversaries?" ...weekly?! I can't even remember what day today is. If I remember the anniversary of our first date it will be because I plugged it into my calendar and the google machine reminds me. 

Cute backstory: My husband and I went on one date like two years before we actually started dating. We had hung out with groups of people before, but never just the two of us. He asked me out to dinner and I thought it was just a group date that no one else showed up for. We had a mutual friend at the time (neither of us are still friends with him) who perpetuated this thought process. So apparently, we've actually had two first dates. I do not remember the date of either. 

My husband also helped me move prior to us starting to date. I'd been living with some roommates, one of which I previously dated, and our lease was up, but I only worked weekends. So my husband, his brother and his mother moved all of my stuff from one house to another while I worked. It took me another year and a half or so to actually start dating this man. 

Unrelated: Syfy Netflix movies have partial nudity. I did not realize this and thought my son just shared my love of cheesy movies. Currently watching 3-Headed Shark Attack.

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I know our actual anniversary date, but things like our first date or when he proposed are lost on me. I'm not really sentimental about thinks like this. 

Yeah I know these dates if someone asked me, but I rarely remember the day of.

• Like 2

Happy proposaversary :D  I'm with you on the hair thing...the in between stage is frustrating. I'm starting to grow my hair out so I predict I will be whining about it intermittently for a few months at least. Maybe I'll buy a hat.

• Like 3

And here I go an specifically cut mine around my chin regularly, lol. But not in an even bob, it is often shorter in back. But then my hair gets just the right amount of curl at that length. Longer and my hair is too heavy (well it can grow for 5 months to a year) and I haven't tried shorter yet.

• Like 3

The short hair looks cute :D I'm planning to go short after our wedding in the Spring, it's just so much easier to look after...

My Mr and I have a super lazy system for our date-remembering. Our 'first date' was September first (we were in highschool, so we'd been talking a lot before then, but that was the day we made it official, wore coordinated T-shirts and all, God we're nerds), then he proposed on that date seven years later then we're getting married on that date three years after that, so our ten year anniversary will become our zero year for future anniversaries... that way we only ever have to remember one date and one number :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

The short hair looks cute I'm planning to go short after our wedding in the Spring, it's just so much easier to look after...

My Mr and I have a super lazy system for our date-remembering. Our 'first date' was September first (we were in highschool, so we'd been talking a lot before then, but that was the day we made it official, wore coordinated T-shirts and all, God we're nerds), then he proposed on that date seven years later then we're getting married on that date three years after that, so our ten year anniversary will become our zero year for future anniversaries... that way we only ever have to remember one date and one number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's genius.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Late 90's for me - when we all wanted to be Natalie Imbruglia. 

Partially!! LOL 98' for me... after a semester of diving for my university... AKA bleach + manic panic + daily chlorine = your shit is gonna break anyway, buzz it for a clean start :P 

• Like 3

On 4/17/2017 at 4:31 PM, Sylvaa said:

There are no tracking / weighing / measuring goals this time around. I know me and when my head space isn't healthy, neither is my body. 

sometimes that's exactly what you need to know.  knowing when to *not* try to do something is just as important as knowing when to move forward.  I think it's great that you've learned yourself enough to know when you need to take it a little slower.  <3

in other news, I think those photos are super cut!!

P.S.  sorry I'm late to the party. :(  but I'm following nonetheless.

• Like 4

Update:

Last day of the work week for me! Hubby is having his wisdom teeth removed tomorrow, so I am taking two days for myself. Really excited about it because I've had my time off maxed out for a bit (I maxed it out at Christmas, took a few days off then, and have it maxed out again). I need to do better about taking time for myself, because I know that I get myself into a funk if I don't. 

Yesterday was rainy, so I didn't run as planned. It's fine because I still have the days to get all my runs in for the week. I am also exhausted for some reason (see above - that's probably the reason). I'll get the run in this afternoon. 

Because my post needs a happy gif. 

Jeremy-Renner.gif

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Hubby is having his wisdom teeth removed tomorrow, so I am taking two days for myself.

Do you have a wisdom teeth removal drug-induced prank all lined up?   

• Like 6

Just now, LadyShello said:

Do you have a wisdom teeth removal drug-induced prank all lined up?   

I do not. I'm not planning on recording him either. My husband is a doll and I give him enough flack regularly, he deserves a break for this.

5 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Yay time off! Someone needs to invent windshield wipers for glasses. Or you could just get those super sexy goggles to protect them. 

giphy.gif

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

giphy.gif

Do it. AC Slater is so cool he could make fetch happen and he's already blazed the trail for this high fashion item. 

• Like 4