• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sylvaa

Sylvaa [Clarity]

35 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I do not. I'm not planning on recording him either. My husband is a doll and I give him enough flack regularly, he deserves a break for this.

Personally, I would pretend I have something planned, and drop hints that there's some kind of prank, but never actually do anything. (Which in a way is a prank, isn't it?)

50 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Yesterday was rainy, so I didn't run as planned. It's fine because I still have the days to get all my runs in for the week. I am also exhausted for some reason (see above - that's probably the reason). I'll get the run in this afternoon. 

That rain yesterday was miserable (I'm assuming it was a bad up there as it was here). Light rain? Fun to workout/run in. Soaked to the bone? Give me sweat pants and hot cocoa (or tea, or even better a chocolaty tea)!

• Like 8

Just now, zeroh13 said:

Personally, I would pretend I have something planned, and drop hints that there's some kind of prank, but never actually do anything. (Which in a way is a prank, isn't it?)

I like the way you think!

Just now, zeroh13 said:

That rain yesterday was miserable (I'm assuming it was a bad up there as it was here). Light rain? Fun to workout/run in. Soaked to the bone? Give me sweat pants and hot cocoa (or tea, or even better a chocolaty tea)!

Up here, it was mainly that misty rain that just covers everything while being really cold. I absolutely could have gone out and run, but meh.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

Last day of the work week for me! Hubby is having his wisdom teeth removed tomorrow, so I am taking two days for myself. Really excited about it because I've had my time off maxed out for a bit (I maxed it out at Christmas, took a few days off then, and have it maxed out again). I need to do better about taking time for myself, because I know that I get myself into a funk if I don't. 

Oooff for wisdom teeth but yay for you! 

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

Yesterday was rainy, so I didn't run as planned. It's fine because I still have the days to get all my runs in for the week. I am also exhausted for some reason (see above - that's probably the reason). I'll get the run in this afternoon. 

Me yesterday! We'll get em in. When it's not raining... April showers and all that?

• Like 2

On 4/24/2017 at 10:27 AM, Sylvaa said:

Unfortunately, he isn't playing next weekend as he gets his wisdom teeth out on Thursday.

Best of luck to him. I'll have to share my wisdom teeth story with you some day.

• Like 2

Just now, Wolfen said:

Best of luck to him. I'll have to share my wisdom teeth story with you some day.

I can't wait!

I had my wisdom teeth removed a few years ago, but in the dentist's office. All four of mine had come through, so it was just a yank. Although it ended up taking a few hours, because my roots were all over the place (like little baby octopuses in my mouth). 

• Like 4

On 4/20/2017 at 11:48 AM, Sylvaa said:

Wolfie! I'm so glad you are (hopefully) back to posting! I've missed you! Hope all is well.

I am okay - I am getting through it and my personality doesn't let me be down for long. But super secret info just for you: we are trying to sell a project in TX that I might end up on (note: I know it's a big state). 

I've missed you too :) And yes, I'm trying to make a triumphant return to the boards! I gotta challenge myself to stay consistent during this 4WC and then I can allow myself to be back with the Rangers for the next one, haha. "Allow myself" only because I've been so flaky the last 5-6 months.

You're way to awesome for things like this to effect you for any lengthy amount of time. Wait?! What?! Texas may be a big state but if you're within an hour or 2, I would love to meet up for lunch or something? WOOT WOOT! Keep me updated on this super secret thing you got going, purdy please :) 

Wolf

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I can't wait!

I had mine removed about 12 years ago. My oral surgeon was a middle-aged biker who talked to me about the motorcycle convention he attended somewhere in PA. He was about 6'4", bald, had broad shoulders and a visible tattoo on his upper arm. But he was funny, which was great since I was nervous and had never been anesthetized for anything. His sense of humor was kind of crass, but I didn't mind. The nurse was also great and put the IV in without much pain. Then the fun started.

Me: Is this going to put me to sleep?

Him: Well, you can go to sleep if you want, but no, it'll just make you feel rrrreeeaaally good.

Me: Oh, okay.

Sure enough, as soon as they inserted whatever was in the syringe (if they told me, I don't remember, and I don't know enough about anesthesia meds to know for sure) I felt myself sink deeply and comfortably into the chair. They strapped my wrists down and he stepped up and got started. I don't know specifically what he was doing because at the time I didn't care. I was awake the entire procedure, feeling no pain but just slight pressure in my mouth as he worked. Then it got fun again. (This next part might have been an anesthesia induced hallucination, but I don't think so.)

Him: Uh oh. Ohhh, shit.

Me: Rghauh rghoh? Rghuh?

Him: Well, it wouldn't be the first time I fucked up.

Me: (feeling the meds wear off) Rghuh? Rghat?

Him: Calm down. I'm just messing with you. I just said that because your left side is going to be harder than your right.

Me: (growling) Rghuck rghou, rhgat's rghot rghunny, rghou...

Him: Do you need more meds?

Me: (softly) Rghes rghease.

The rest of the procedure went without a hitch. And recovery was awesome. Again, I don't remember what pain meds he prescribed but they worked. I had very little pain. But I did have an experience I will never forget.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Wolfen said:

I had mine removed about 12 years ago. My oral surgeon was a middle-aged biker who talked to me about the motorcycle convention he attended somewhere in PA. He was about 6'4", bald, had broad shoulders and a visible tattoo on his upper arm. But he was funny, which was great since I was nervous and had never been anesthetized for anything. His sense of humor was kind of crass, but I didn't mind. The nurse was also great and put the IV in without much pain. Then the fun started.

Me: Is this going to put me to sleep?

Him: Well, you can go to sleep if you want, but no, it'll just make you feel rrrreeeaaally good.

Me: Oh, okay.

Sure enough, as soon as they inserted whatever was in the syringe (if they told me, I don't remember, and I don't know enough about anesthesia meds to know for sure) I felt myself sink deeply and comfortably into the chair. They strapped my wrists down and he stepped up and got started. I don't know specifically what he was doing because at the time I didn't care. I was awake the entire procedure, feeling no pain but just slight pressure in my mouth as he worked. Then it got fun again. (This next part might have been a anesthesia induced hallucination, but I don't think so.

Him: Uh oh. Ohhh, shit.

Me: Rghauh rghoh? Rghuh?

Him: Well, it wouldn't be the first time I fucked up.

Me: (feeling the meds wear off) Rghuh? Rghat?

Him: Calm down. I'm just messing with you. I just said that because your left side is going to be harder than your right.

Me: (growling) Rghuck rghou, rhgat's rghot rghunny, rghou...

Him: Do you need more meds?

Me: (softly) Rghes rghease.

The rest of the procedure went without a hitch. And recovery was awesome. Again, I don't remember what pain meds he prescribed but they worked. I had very little pain. But I did have an experience I will never forget.

Hilarious!  A bit cruel too but he is a dentist afterall.  I think that's a requirement. 

• Like 6

Best of luck to Mr. Sylvaa! My wisdom teeth were impacted so I had to be fully under (which was exactly the way I wanted it) so my experience of wisdom teeth was basically:

1. Fall asleep

2. Wake up in different room really high

3. Get driven home while really high, sleep for 14 hours

4. Eat ice cream and scrambled eggs for four days

• Like 8

Aw man good luck. I got mine removed in high school before they really grew - pain meds did not sit well with me. All I remember is feeling nauseous and playing a lot of video games (an rpg that I got really far in then got stuck and didn't know what I was supposed to do after the pain med high wore off :P)

Hope his experience goes better, and that you get some well deserved mental recovery on your days off 

• Like 2

Man my wisdom teeth out story is lame. I think I was like 20 when I got mine pulled. Did it on a Friday morning and think I was off the pain meds by Saturday night and felt fine. And I got put under for the surgery so no fun stories in the operating room. I do remember them asking me to count backwards from 10 and only getting to like 6. I also remember waving at EVERY car on the drive home from the dentist. 

• Like 6

ew, wisdom teeth removal = no fun.  I had a panic attack when I woke up due to the meds they used on me.  my brain just couldn't comprehend what was going on, so it lost it's sh*t!

it's been raining here in Minnesota too.  these yankees are freaking out about the amount, and my Louisiana-self is just like, "aw, how cute!  they think this is rain."

and playing in the rain can be fun, sometimes.  I'm not sure about running in it.  <3  so I trust your decision, lol.

• Like 2

I've had two removed, the other two are still there.  One was impacted and was sectioned for extraction at the oral surgeon's office under local anesthesia.  The procedure was no problem, but I developed a dry socket afterward and had to wait a weekend for treatment--that sucked, and oral pain meds wouldn't touch it.  The second one was mostly erupted and my dentist just yanked it out during a filling on the tooth in front of it.  Didn't even need pain management, just some gauze and ice cream. :D

I'd have the other two pulled tomorrow if it meant justifying a week of nothing but ice cream. ;)

• Like 3

Luckily (unluckily), we are already home and his procedure was without incident. I've even returned from a trip to pick up his meds and some extra gauze. 

The funniest thing that happened is our puppy tried to lay down with him on a not-so-big couch (we have a modular unit with 7 individual cushions - two are together love seat style). 

Did get my run in yesterday, so I'm still on track for the 3 x/ week. It was really nice. I'm to the point where I don't hate running, which is wonderful. For me, it's the cardio / breathing that is harder - my legs feel fine and can go longer than my lungs. Right now, it's about a mile into the run where I'm thinking I hate my life, but if I keep it up a bit longer, then I'm better. 

• Like 11

Also, words of wisdom from Ray Bradbury:

"Ugliness is a concept that we happen on later and become self-conscious about."

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

his procedure was without incident.

Awwwh, so no post-anesthesia funny moments? ;)

I'm glad things went well. And I'm glad you got your run in.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

we are already home and his procedure was without incident.

This is great! Since we're all sharing stories, I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed when I was 16. I remember the doctor hooked me up to the anesthetic, told me to count backwards from 10, so I went "10-9-8-7" and the next second I was opening my eyes and my face felt... weird, haha. Could barely walk out of the clinic, my dad kept me steady and took me home. I was numbed up good. Then this happened:

Me: *touches my face* "Oh god, why is my chin so bulbous and swollen!? Did they cut my face open??"

Dad: "... That's your lower lip."

Little brother: *worriedly to Dad* "Is she gonna be okay?"

Yep, good times.

• Like 6

Slightly fun story:

When my husband was younger he had a bad reaction to either Percocet OR Vicodin - not sure which (before my time). Well, I'm explaining this at the doctor's office this morning and they are trying to decide what pain med to give him. 

Their solution: Acetaminophen / Hydrocodone. Brand name: Vicodin....

Now, luckily the reaction was primarily hallucinations, so we aren't talking about allergic reaction. But thanks for the heads up that you are giving him one of the medications he might have a reaction to doc. 

Also: got my step-son a phone (for his birthday) and the sim card was dead on arrival. Now I'm waiting for a sim card.... for an iphone. I didn't think that was how that works. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Slightly fun story:

Woah. That's one heck of a heads up. Possible side effect: hallucinations (and not the fun kind). :P

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wolfen said:

Woah. That's one heck of a heads up. Possible side effect: hallucinations (and not the fun kind). :P

For the record - he's fine. But I was slightly irritated that I didn't even get a heads up that they were giving it to him. 

Although, I keep asking if he's fine and I haven't told him that's what he's taken. I fully believe in the placebo effect. 

• Like 11

Update:

Yesterday was a run day, which got done. I've switched back to Runkeeper because C25K doesn't keep track of distance with the free app and I'm more interested in making sure I actually get the distance (some of the C25K app is at a 10:00 miles pace and I'm not there yet). So I don't want to sacrifice working up to running the 5K just to "finish" the program.

I had a vacation day yesterday, so I spent most of the day working on school work. I've almost finished the Doodlie challenge requirement - I'll complete it later today. I also took my son to a physical appointment. He needed one anyway, but we also got his permit paperwork filled out. Unfortunately, we have to wait for his birth certificate to come back from the passport paperwork before he can take the test. He also had to get three vaccines (2 meningitis and the first HPV). I don't get a lot of one on one time with my son (not because he doesn't like it, just because my daughter is usually around), so it was nice to just get to talk. The doctor also did an awesome job mentioning his size without being judgmental. My son is just over 6' and weighs almost 250. As he's gotten older, his weight has definitely plateaued, but he's almost always been a big, solid kid. The thing is, while our overall diet could improve, it's not bad. Our biggest issue is not being good with portion sizes. She (the doctor) did a great job listening and recommending making sure he got physical activity and switching out a snack for a healthier option daily, instead of focusing on being smaller.

I've also worked on a monthly dinner spreadsheet (versus weekly as we've been doing) to try to get healthier options for the family. AND I've decided to change my challenge format and run my challenges monthly versus the time frame in the forums. I'm going on a WoW dungeon theme for the foreseeable future and am working on BuJo pages (it'll also be via my Google Spreadsheet).  

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I've also worked on a monthly dinner spreadsheet (versus weekly as we've been doing) to try to get healthier options for the family. AND I've decided to change my challenge format and run my challenges monthly versus the time frame in the forums. I'm going on a WoW dungeon theme for the foreseeable future and am working on BuJo pages (it'll also be via my Google Spreadsheet).  

Does this mean you'll switch to a battle log? Or just switch/shift goals in the middle of challenge when the month changes?

Curious, since I'm probably switching to battle log while traveling since my goals and schedule and such will switch all the time.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Does this mean you'll switch to a battle log? Or just switch/shift goals in the middle of challenge when the month changes?

You ask the real questions. I'm probably just going to switch goals in the middle of challenges and see how that works for me. I'm good at having good ideas, but not continuing to follow through long-term, so I don't want to make any major changes until I see how well it works for me long-term. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

You ask the real questions. I'm probably just going to switch goals in the middle of challenges and see how that works for me. I'm good at having good ideas, but not continuing to follow through long-term, so I don't want to make any major changes until I see how well it works for me long-term. 

+1 (because like wasn't enough)

• Like 2