sarakingdom

Sara Kingdom Rejoins the Pictsies

Week 2: Day 2-5

Drinkin'

Drink the uisce (Liters of water): 11 points

Aye, it's a guess, but aboot right.

Stealin'

Eat all the beasties (Carbs under 20%): 22 points

Gobble the beasties down fast (IF): Nae so much...

Aye, well, on the plus side, I've mostly been not just under 20%, but around 10%.  Many vegetables and roast beasties, y'ken.  On the minus side, I loosened up IF a touch after waking up starving at 4am, and then being fair ravenous every 4-8 hours after that.  I was having something like a few sick days and had been trouble meeting calories before that, so I just ate food when hungry, but tried to make it good food.

Two things really helped this week: the discovery of middling-but-edible microwave omelets using eggs and bacon from the convenience store with whatever vegetables were on hand, and roast chicken and cole slaw from the local barbecue place. (Let's just say that two nights this week, three-quarters of a chicken made it onto my plate, and despite looking like way too much food, actually filled a huge calorie and protein hole very comfortably. Yes, I was throwing money at the problem. I was tired and not feeling well.) So I was basically low-carb and mostly primal all this week, with a couple of exceptions yesterday and today.

Lyin'

Lyin' doon a' nicht (Between 10-11pm): 20 points

Size o' the lyin' doon (Hours of sleep): 30 points

I tried to get more sleep. It didn't totally work. But I've spent a lot of time in bed this week.

Fightin'

Prepare to do th'fightin' (5 minutes of meditation): 20 points

Fight (get to the dojo): 0

Ach, no. I wasnae feelin' well. But tomorrow I will.

Total points: 103 points

• Like 2

Microwave dish eggs are surprisingly good.  I eat them a lot now.  Glad they're working for you.

You may have thrown money at easy food this week but you still made it GOOD easy food.  Sometimes something has to give.

*hugs*  keep resting.  Hope you feel better soon. 

13 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I was having something like a few sick days and had been trouble meeting calories before that, so I just ate food when hungry, but tried to make it good food.

Perfect.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Teirin said:

Microwave dish eggs are surprisingly good.  I eat them a lot now.  Glad they're working for you.

I'd never had luck with them, and I think I just hadn't had the right recipe.  Sure, it's more work to do it 30 seconds at a time and stirring it, but it's not a lot more work, and there's some good scrambled eggs at the end.  And no pans to clean.

12 hours ago, Teirin said:

You may have thrown money at easy food this week but you still made it GOOD easy food.  Sometimes something has to give.

And it wasn't even too bad on that front.  Sure, I overspent a bit those days, but not by a ridiculous amount.  It could have been worse.

Given that I'm now much more low-carb, I think the Dwarf Bread Machine is going to start churning out Battle Frittatas, and that sort of thing.  It should be able to bake anything vaguely loaf-ish that needs to be at 350, and I've been wanting some egg-based things to pack for lunch.  Tomorrow is going to be an actual bread day, though, and totally blow my carb goal.  We'll call it, um, carb cycling and not using up ingredients gradually.  I'm also going to try some flax breads at some point.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I'd never had luck with them, and I think I just hadn't had the right recipe.  Sure, it's more work to do it 30 seconds at a time and stirring it, but it's not a lot more work, and there's some good scrambled eggs at the end.  And no pans to clean.

And it wasn't even too bad on that front.  Sure, I overspent a bit those days, but not by a ridiculous amount.  It could have been worse.

Given that I'm now much more low-carb, I think the Dwarf Bread Machine is going to start churning out Battle Frittatas, and that sort of thing.  It should be able to bake anything vaguely loaf-ish that needs to be at 350, and I've been wanting some egg-based things to pack for lunch.  Tomorrow is going to be an actual bread day, though, and totally blow my carb goal.  We'll call it, um, carb cycling and not using up ingredients gradually.  I'm also going to try some flax breads at some point.

OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoOooOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ta bread machine is great

But ye has ta' wait

It takes so bloody long

Unlike this wee song

• Like 2

On 5/7/2017 at 9:48 AM, Teirin said:

Hmm, mine are really lazy.  I have one of these trays:  crack 2 eggs in, add salt and pepper, microwave for 1 min 40 sec, let stand for about 2 min, eat.  Good with bacon thrown on top.  Haven't really tried anything more complicated.

I chopped up some green onions, three eggs, cube a tablespoon of butter, mix with fork in the serving bowl, nuke for 30 seconds and stir, then repeat the nuke-and-stir about 2-3 more times, depending how firm you like your eggs.  (I like 'em sort of moist, so I let them coast to done on residual heat.)  You can do chopped bacon and tomato if you put those in first for a couple of minutes, then add and scramble the eggs (though not the butter, because butter on top of bacon is just too much).

• Like 1

Week 2: Day 6-7

Drinkin'

Drink the uisce (Liters of water): 7 points

Something like that.

Stealin'

Eat all the beasties (Carbs under 20%): 4 points

Gobble the beasties down fast (IF): Nae so much...

Saturday was close.  A bubble tea at a street festival put me very slightly over 20%, but close.  So a touch of indulgence, but mostly tons of veggies and protein.  Sunday, not even close, it was hugely based on bread.  (I do have a very good GF bread recipe.  That's a shame.  Well, once in a while, I suppose it's good to surprise the body and give it something random.  Just not every week.)

Lyin'

Lyin' doon a' nicht (Between 10-11pm): 5 points

Size o' the lyin' doon (Hours of sleep): 15 points

Ach, I had a wee failure at the lyin' doon on Saturday.  I had a wee nap, and then stayed up too late.

Fightin'

Prepare to do th'fightin' (5 minutes of meditation): 1 points

Fight (get to the dojo): 10

I wasnae totally well, but it was a nice, easy class, so there ye are.

Total points: 42 points

tumblr_opcyk0XfhD1uvsoimo1_1280.png

Week 3: Day 1

Drinkin'

Drink the uisce (Liters of water): 3 points

Ach, I need a wee bit more.  'Tis not enough, especially with the sweatin' on the mat.

Stealin'

Eat all the beasties (Carbs under 20%): 0 points

Gobble the beasties down fast (IF): Close, but no

I didnae calculate, but I had a curry for lunch with some milk, which was going to miss macros but hit one-meal IF.  But I had some vitamins to take at night and got a wee homemade glutinous rice cake at the dojo, so there was a wee snack before bed to get the vitamins in and a bit of Gatorade.  So neither goal.

Lyin'

Lyin' doon a' nicht (Between 10-11pm): 5 points

Size o' the lyin' doon (Hours of sleep): 5 points

Oh, waily waily, I was readin' a book, and didnae follow the lyin' doon with the sleepin'.

Fightin'

Prepare to do th'fightin' (5 minutes of meditation): 2 points

Fight (get to the dojo): 10

Aye, a nice class.  A new instructor.  He'll do.

Total points: 25 points

• Like 2

Sounds like things are on an upswing. A little more sleep, a lot of good food, some meditation, some aikido. How are you feeling about it?

On 5/10/2017 at 9:43 AM, Mistr said:

Sounds like things are on an upswing. A little more sleep, a lot of good food, some meditation, some aikido. How are you feeling about it?

Not quite enough sleep and meditation.  Could really use more.  It's enough to get by, but... not always more than that.  But on the whole, a reasonable week.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:36 PM, sarakingdom said:

Not quite enough sleep and meditation.  Could really use more.  It's enough to get by, but... not always more than that.  But on the whole, a reasonable week.

Sounds just like me. I sympathize. Let's keep working to do this better.

On 5/24/2017 at 10:53 AM, Mistr said:

How did week 4 go for you?

Ach, I had places to sneak intae and oot of agin, y'ken.  It isnae an easy time for challenges.  But I thieved my ships, and did my drinkin' and, I dinnae remember, some other stuff, too, I'm certain.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

IF ye dis yer drinkin right this can happen ye ken?

Aye, Gonnagle, 'tis so.  An' I feel as though the special ship liniment did a number on my head...

• Like 1