Fleaball: Slightly Alive

fleaball

mostly-dead.jpg

So I said I was sitting out this round. Apparently I'm a liar. I'm okay with that. Why was I going to sit out: in the first two weeks I have two final papers, a presentation, a draft of a paper that will be at least 30 pages, and an essay about a shitty 1053-page book. Then the 30-page paper is due for realz the week after. And the week after that I graduate and go home for a week to epic family drama. All of this while working full-time. Also Sense8 season 2 comes out somewhere in week 3? #priorities.

ANYWAY. I was ready to write off the next 5 weeks because I'm not going to have time to work on my eating habits or a new exercise routine or anything at all; I'll be lucky to get 6 hours of sleep every night. So essentially dead to anything that isn't school-related. 

But I don't have to be totally dead. While I may not make a lot of forward progress, at least I can try not to get more dead. There's a lot of stress in my life beyond the school stuff and I can do my best to manage it. So I'm doing what I did earlier this year: meditate, write in my journal, repeat the mantra I keep forgetting about. But only as much as I can do them; no penalties or shaming myself for missing a day. I'm also adding my PT stretches because maybe seeing them on the spreadsheet will remind me to do them, even if it's only once a day. 

So there we have it. I will be mostly dead this challenge. But mostly dead is slightly alive. 

Handy dandy tracking spreadsheet. Feel free to copy and modify for your own needs.

** Dear newbs: As of right now it seems we don't have a guild leader. I've been here for 3 years now so if you have questions feel free to ask me. You can ask here, PM me, @ tag me in another thread, or post in the general chat thread. Please feel free just to drop in and say hi too. My threads tend to move fast because I'm friends with crazy people, but we're the good crazy.

• Like 20

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along again for all your sagey saginess. 

You might be slightly disappointed. I expect this challenge to be less sage-ing and more incoherent screaming about deadlines and stupid people. :)

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 minute ago, fleaball said:

You might be slightly disappointed. I expect this challenge to be less sage-ing and more incoherent screaming about deadlines and stupid people. :)

NO! There will be SAGE! It says so RIGHT UNDER YOUR NAME!

Image result for sage

• Like 7

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Just now, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

NO! There will be SAGE! It says so RIGHT UNDER YOUR NAME!

Image result for sage

wtf it won't let me delete the image. Sorcery.

I suppose I can sage after graduation. Because according to people I will Know Things at that point.

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

48 minutes ago, fleaball said:

While I may not make a lot of forward progress, at least I can try not to get more dead.

This has seriously been the theme of like...half my challenges. I think anything that helps keep the wheels on the cart is a Good Idea.

IT'S CHALLENGE THYME!

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAiPAAAAJDNhY2VhODg0LWVmNjItNDU2OS1iZTRmLTEyMzY2NGNkMmVlZA.jpg

• Like 7

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17

Forum avatar is original art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi. Used with permission!
3 minutes ago, Severine said:

This has seriously been the theme of like...half my challenges. I think anything that helps keep the wheels on the cart is a Good Idea.

IT'S CHALLENGE THYME!

That hurts my soul. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, Severine said:

IT'S CHALLENGE THYME!

Image result for herb puns

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

That hurts my soul. 

Image result for haters gonna hate gif

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Image result for haters gonna hate gif

ed27a011da186131cd4e9a12ebde266e.jpg

PS. Following for school ranting so maybe I can get it exorcised from my own soul. ;)

• Like 3

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

I wish I were Facebook friends with more of you so that threats to delete people would be more credible. 

• Like 9

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Fleaaaaa. You may be slightly alive but these puns! I'm dyingggggg.

No big dill. 

dill_bounch.jpg

• Like 8

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

grumpy_cat_goes_outdoors_540-e1371642993

• Like 9

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Oh good. Sense8 comes out on May 5th. I'll have time to binge it and still finish my paper. 

Unrelated: can it be Friday now? I need this week's episode of Supernatural. Immediately. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Let the school ranting begin! 

- I'm so tired of this research paper. It just needs to die. I'm trying to get the new data that somehow wasn't a thing I needed to do when I suggested it, but became imperative once someone else did. And I just don't care. At all. I'm literally at the point where I'd rather read Atlas Shrugged than do this. And I hate Atlas Shrugged so far. 

- Two weeks ago in my crisis communication class we did presentations on a crisis and how it was handled. My group did the Fukushima meltdown. Tonight in class we're doing mini press conference things where each of us is a stakeholder and individually we have to answer questions about the event. (Like "why didn't you do X?" "If you knew this was a problem why didn't you fix it?" Etc.) Which I don't want to do in general but I'm not really worried about it. Honestly I'm only grumpy that we're going in the order we presented so I'm like #11, where I usually volunteer to go first and get it over with. But each group is also supposed to be asking the questions to one other group. Which he assigned after the presentations were all over. And he said he posted recordings of them on Blackboard but I'm assuming he didn't make them public because no one can find them. So I'm grumpy about that because ugh. The prof's a nice guy but not so great at the being an organized teacher part. Which makes sense because he has a real job and isn't an academic. 

- I'm so over school? I have class this week and next week and then it's over and it feels like F O R E V E R. I just don't want to go to class anymore but I kinda have to. Womp. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

21 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You're at the end of your marathon of school. Just hang in there becuase

Image result for the steaks have never been higher

I'm the kind of person who will complain more once I can see the finish line. Which is sort of useless, but it's how I roll. For now. Maybe I'll start crossing enough finish lines to get over it. Or @Sylvaa will drag me over them. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Just now, fleaball said:

I'm the kind of person who will complain more once I can see the finish line. Which is sort of useless, but it's how I roll. For now. Maybe I'll start crossing enough finish lines to get over it. Or @Sylvaa will drag me over them. 

People who don't know me are totally going to get the wrong idea..... I am not always quite as much of a sadist as Flea makes it seem! 

wiqfvTJ.gif

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

People who don't know me are totally going to get the wrong idea..... I am not always quite as much of a sadist as Flea makes it seem! 

wiqfvTJ.gif

I just burst out laughing because that cat is me. So me. 

You're totally not a sadist. I only mean I won't make it through races unless someone is making me. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Just now, Sylvaa said:

Disclaimer: Sylvaa is only a sadist if you want (or need) her to be. 

I think you just lit the @RES-signal. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi