Fleaball: Slightly Alive

fleaball

25 minutes ago, fleaball said:

And my mouth still hurts. 

Hubby convinced himself he got a dry socket on both sides today. You can come up here and I will feed you both painkillers and ice cream. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Hubby convinced himself he got a dry socket on both sides today. You can come up here and I will feed you both painkillers and ice cream. 

Will you do my presentation for me too?

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Will you do my presentation for me too?

Do I have to give it or do you just need a PowerPoint? Because I can throw one of those together in about 15 minutes with notes. 

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Do I have to give it or do you just need a PowerPoint? Because I can throw one of those together in about 15 minutes with notes. 

Give it pls. I have a bullshit PowerPoint already. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, fleaball said:

Give it pls. I have a bullshit PowerPoint already. 

Note: hubby stayed home - hope if you aren't feeling better you did too!

Sure, why not? What am I talking about? 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Ugh, so much stress.  Your brain must be at the point of saying "I'm not doing this anymore, I quit"

giphy.gif

I hope you get some rest and feel better xx

Honestly that was my weekend + yesterday. It's almost over though. After today I'm nearly done so whew. I've gone to bed before midnight the past two nights and it's been so glorious because I can't remember the last time I did that. 

51 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Note: hubby stayed home - hope if you aren't feeling better you did too!

Sure, why not? What am I talking about? 

Eh, still sore but I'm going to work because there won't be anything for me to do so I'll just get to work on my presentation. Which I wouldn't do if I stayed home. 

When I figure it out I'll let you know. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Just remember - Sense8 Season 2 comes out in a few days! :D

I've honestly been focusing on that so hard. After today all I'll have for school is tweaking this paper a bit, so I can absolutely spend my weekend bingeing it on the couch. (I do have to attempt to find a dress, which, ugh. But there's still plenty of time for Sense8.)

• Like 4

This presentation is either going to be a breeze or an epic clusterfuck. Like, I feel like I know what I'm talking about, but I also don't really see any value in it so I'm wondering wtf the point was and I'm afraid of questions being asked of me at the end. (My advisor lady is convinced it's great and super helpful so I should just be going off of that but it's still hard connecting to it. She was hoping for this to be a bigger project with a lot more students and envisions more people building on this in the future, so maybe she's seeing it as the first step in a grand plan I know nothing about. Still doesn't help me.)

Mostly I'm just excited that I'll be out of there by 4:30 and get to go home. (I could come back to work for 45 minutes but lol no.) 

• Like 5

Okay. Getting hella anxious now. (It's 1:35, presentation is at 3. Ish. Depending on which one of us goes first.) I think it's more because I have literally nothing to do but can't leave for another 15 minutes. I mean I could leave, but then I'd be hanging out at our meeting place forever by myself and still have nothing to do but read over my shit for the hundredth time. 

Le sigh. Listening to pandora's relaxation station now. I don't like that that rhymed. 

• Like 3

Cheers, y'all! It went fine. I could have tightened it up a little more and the prof mentioned we both could have used a practice run with her to be sure we covered the important parts/left out what they already knew, but that it wasn't a detriment to us. A few people, including the one who was more or less my go-to there, said my stuff was helpful. So yay. 

Better: half-assed lit review was more than acceptable per my advisor, so I basically just have to fix some typos and tighten a few sentences and I'm good to go. Have to wait to turn it in because she invited the people there to email us suggestions ( :rolleyes: ) but basically I have nothing to do unless I hear from them. (They were impressed that I had business cards. Yeahhhh.) So fix typos while bored at work this week, submit paper Tuesday (because advisor is traveling tomorrow til Tuesday anyway and won't read it), rejoice. And binge Sense8. 

Fuck yeah.  

• Like 8

Holy shit. 

For all my talk about it, I just realized this means I am essentially done with grad school. 

A paragraph on a paper tonight, some housekeeping on the research paper, and that's it?

What the actual fuck. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, fleaball said:

Holy shit. 

For all my talk about it, I just realized this means I am essentially done with grad school. 

A paragraph on a paper tonight, some housekeeping on the research paper, and that's it?

What the actual fuck. 

Ceeeeeeelebrate good times, come on! Let's celebrate. *dances*

• Like 3
Holy shit. 

What the actual fuck. 

Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2
12 hours ago, fleaball said:

Holy shit. 

What the actual fuck. 

Congrats. Hopefully this means you can relax a bit and rest up. You are at the finish line.

• Like 1