Fleaball: Slightly Alive

fleaball

23 hours ago, fleaball said:

Whee. But that was based on an evaluation they sent my supervisor. Which I apparently got a 92/100 on. My knee-jerk response was "what the fuck, if there's room for improvement, why haven't you told me?!"

Remain calm, I've worked for people who were like "You were great, I really have no complaint, but I can't give you 100, I don't give out 100's, here take a 95". :mad-new: Which is stupid, but really in the end doesn't matter. Maybe these are more of those people. Just keep knowing that you are awesome, grade or no grade. :) fleaball = AWESOME

1 hour ago, Athaclena said:

And again - CONGRATS on finishing all of the work for you degree!

Here here! See, the evidence of awesome abounds! Congrats!

• Like 3

Rebel Death Knight

Level 3 : Progress [ = _ _ _ ]

Challenges: [4] Current / 3 / 2 / 1

Ugggggh apparently the issue is that even though I had the order from someone at the SHC for this specific location, I still need a referral to go with it. Jesus H Christ. 

2 hours ago, Athaclena said:

I haven't gone back through old threads, but I get the feeling you've been dealing with health issues over the last couple of years which - unfortunately - teaches you how to deal with insurance companies.

I have a close friend with EDS (ehlers danlos syndrome) which cascades into a metric TON of other issues.  She's had more surgeries than any person should have to endure - AND worked in medical Insurance claim reviews before she had to leave the workforce - and still has to deal with the insurance BS.  It's a bit easier since she knows it in & out.  Still BS in my book and added stress she shouldn't have to deal with - but that's where we are in this country.

Anyway - I hope you get that all worked out soon.  And again - CONGRATS on finishing all of the work for you degree!

Haha yeah. One mystery illness that was a bitch, and then just a bunch of obnoxious things happening in quick succession. And anxiety making everything worse. 

Ugh, boo. It sucks that she has to fight with insurance in top of all that. 

Thanks!! :)

1 hour ago, Hymnusal said:

Remain calm, I've worked for people who were like "You were great, I really have no complaint, but I can't give you 100, I don't give out 100's, here take a 95". :mad-new: Which is stupid, but really in the end doesn't matter. Maybe these are more of those people. Just keep knowing that you are awesome, grade or no grade. :) fleaball = AWESOME

Here here! See, the evidence of awesome abounds! Congrats!

Yeah, totally true. Let's just blame being in student mode for being mad about losing points. ;) 

thanks!

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Okay, asking the audience here: last night my research advisor emailed the 8 people who came to the presentation (because she collected their email addresses and kept the paper) and thanked them for coming, etc. 

I should reply all and say I want to echo her thanks and I appreciate their insights etc etc right? I don't want to send a useless email but I also don't want to let it go unnoticed. I'm overthinking it for sure. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

40 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Okay, asking the audience here: last night my research advisor emailed the 8 people who came to the presentation (because she collected their email addresses and kept the paper) and thanked them for coming, etc. 

I should reply all and say I want to echo her thanks and I appreciate their insights etc etc right? I don't want to send a useless email but I also don't want to let it go unnoticed. I'm overthinking it for sure. 

I am not a fan of duplicate e-mails. But in this case, I do agree that you should send a follow up. 

• Like 3

Got an A on a paper I wrote primarily on my phone, and an A in the class it was for. One down, two to go. =D

13 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I am not a fan of duplicate e-mails. But in this case, I do agree that you should send a follow up. 

Yeah I typically hate them too. Hence the hesitation. Glad I'm not alone!

11 minutes ago, Briniel said:

congrats, flea!!! I'm so happy to see that all the work and tears and sweat and lack of sleep you put into this acutally paid off you're awesome!

As for that e-mail... what sylvaa said

Danke!! I'm so looking forward to sleeping again. 

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I'm exhausted and grumpy and the weather is gross out. This would be a perfect day to be on the couch watching Sense8. Instead I'm at work boring myself to death lookin at job listings. Ugh. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

You know you post too much when you come back to 70 notifications. (Hi @Severine)

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Happy Sense8 day!!! I have to wait, because L's not finished with the first season yet and I promised we'd watch it together. That's devotion right there. But hopefully they'll be caught up this weekend and we can dive into it. So if you're going to talk about the plot pleeease use spoiler tags or warn me to stay away.

On 4/30/2017 at 5:23 PM, Countess D'If said:

I give words their plain meaning

@Countess D'If You are such a law student, haha. I miss people making nerdy law references. Also opera is awesome. It's trashy drama with a high brow sheen, and people who can make your skeleton vibrate with their lungs. I love it.

On 5/1/2017 at 2:24 PM, fleaball said:

I got back to work and the two people here on my team are like "why are you here?! Didn't you have a root canal?!"

This is exactly what I was thinking when catching up on your thread. You're hardcore. Even if I was technically mostly fine after having a root canal there is no way you would catch me at work unless it was truly essential. And this coming from someone who continued doing farm labour while injured.

On 5/2/2017 at 6:15 PM, fleaball said:

Cheers, y'all! It went fine. I could have tightened it up a little more and the prof mentioned we both could have used a practice run with her to be sure we covered the important parts/left out what they already knew, but that it wasn't a detriment to us. A few people, including the one who was more or less my go-to there, said my stuff was helpful. So yay. 

Better: half-assed lit review was more than acceptable per my advisor, so I basically just have to fix some typos and tighten a few sentences and I'm good to go. Have to wait to turn it in because she invited the people there to email us suggestions ( :rolleyes: ) but basically I have nothing to do unless I hear from them. (They were impressed that I had business cards. Yeahhhh.) So fix typos while bored at work this week, submit paper Tuesday (because advisor is traveling tomorrow til Tuesday anyway and won't read it), rejoice. And binge Sense8. 

Fuck yeah.  

On 5/2/2017 at 6:34 PM, fleaball said:

Holy shit. 

For all my talk about it, I just realized this means I am essentially done with grad school. 

Fuck yeah, fuck yeah!!

giphy.gif

You did it. You completely did it. You won and you defeated the world despite all its bullshit complications and the crap it threw at you. You are a god damn juggernaut.

On 5/4/2017 at 7:50 AM, fleaball said:

Brb raging at my insurance company. They've denied an expensive claim for not having a referral from Student Health, except for the fact that the order was definitely signed by someone there. Also they're not processing my PT claims all of a sudden because I had PT elsewhere on the same shoulder last fall for a different reason, even though the current office called twice to confirm my benefits and was aware of this and the insurance company said that was fine, I still had 12 visits. 

I know all insurance companies are bullshit but I can't wait to get a job with decent insurance instead of these people. 

Fuck health insurance. I hope this gets sorted (I have faith in your ability to navigate their bullshit system) and that your next company is slightly less evil.

20 hours ago, fleaball said:

Got an A on a paper I wrote primarily on my phone, and an A in the class it was for. One down, two to go. =D

Yeah I typically hate them too. Hence the hesitation. Glad I'm not alone!

Danke!! I'm so looking forward to sleeping again. 

Juggernaut.

• Like 3

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17

Forum avatar is original art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi. Used with permission!
6 minutes ago, fleaball said:

You know you post too much when you come back to 70 notifications. (Hi @Severine)

Hi! :D

giphy.gif

I'm caught up now  >.>

• Like 2

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17

Forum avatar is original art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi. Used with permission!

Waiting on sense8 for L is totally devotion. No spoilers I promise. Don't forget about the Christmas special too! I may not even get to it this weekend. Def not all of it I'm sure. Too much graduation-related stuff to get done. Sad face. 

will get back to the rest of your post later. And the one in my battle log. My brain is mush from staring and job and volunteer postings for 3.5 hours. 

eta: didn't even quote the post I was replying to. I should just give up on today. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I'm dyingggggg. 3 more hours at work. I have several mindless things I could be doing (for myself, because I have nothing work-related to do whatsoever) and I don't even have the will to do any of that. I wonder if anyone will notice if I curl up under my desk and sleep forever?

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 minute ago, Countess D'If said:

I'm starting my jurisprudence final. I'll switch you

I love you, but no chance in hell. <3 go kill it!

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I don't know if I said anything about this, but I was hired as an ADA note taker for jurisprudence this semester. As a result, I tried to take verbatium notes as much as possible - TOO MANY NOTES. So, I'm reading through my notes and I'm formulating my answers for this take home. 

Y'all - he lectured us the answers. I have everything I need. It's all in my notes! I'm so happy I could cry!

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, Countess D'If said:

I don't know if I said anything about this, but I was hired as an ADA note taker for jurisprudence this semester. As a result, I tried to take verbatium notes as much as possible - TOO MANY NOTES. So, I'm reading through my notes and I'm formulating my answers for this take home. 

Y'all - he lectured us the answers. I have everything I need. It's all in my notes! I'm so happy I could cry!

I don't think you mentioned that, but fuck yeah! 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

I'm dyingggggg. 3 more hours at work. I have several mindless things I could be doing (for myself, because I have nothing work-related to do whatsoever) and I don't even have the will to do any of that. I wonder if anyone will notice if I curl up under my desk and sleep forever?

Have you seen that episode of Seinfeld?

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Have you seen that episode of Seinfeld?

I have not. I feel like I may have seen a gif or two? Is it Elaine?

8 hours ago, Severine said:

This is exactly what I was thinking when catching up on your thread. You're hardcore. Even if I was technically mostly fine after having a root canal there is no way you would catch me at work unless it was truly essential. And this coming from someone who continued doing farm labour while injured.

Maybe I'm just crazy. And/or have a stupid sense of "I'm supposed to be at work now so I have to go back no matter what." 

Fuck yeah, fuck yeah!!

giphy.gif

You did it. You completely did it. You won and you defeated the world despite all its bullshit complications and the crap it threw at you. You are a god damn juggernaut.

<33 !

Fuck health insurance. I hope this gets sorted (I have faith in your ability to navigate their bullshit system) and that your next company is slightly less evil.

Supposedly I just need to send them the referral I got yesterday. So far most of their bullshit has been resolved so here's hoping. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Someone explain to me why running the most basic errands makes me anxious as fuck. I don't like it. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Whyyyy does google maps always fuck me over when I Uber to work? It starts out saying the selected route is the fastest, then inevitably there's traffic for over a mile and come on, it's not like it just appeared there. 

Anxiety is being a dick. Started writing a post last night about having trouble relaxing, gave up on it because I didn't want to deal with it at the time. Went to bed much later than I should have, and then spent another hour and a half with my brain helpfully telling me I'm a total fraud and suck at everything and all kinds of other helpful stuff. So I definitely got like 4 hours of sleep and am a grumpy motherfucker this morning. 

I have so much to do and adequate time to do it in but I'm hella stressed about it. I need to get my hair dyed but that requires finding a place since everywhere I've been so far has sucked. I need to attempt dress shopping again. I need to apply for jobs and make various appointments and clean my house and start packing to go home next week. I'm also vaguely terrified  my parents won't make it to graduation. 

I still don't have a grade for a final paper I submitted two weeks ago. 

Uggggh I could go on about what a terrible person I am and how I suck at everything but instead I'm gonna go edit that paper that's due tomorrow and try to do something constructive instead. Plus this way I can avoid making myself cry at work again. 

1 hour ago, JupiterStar said:

Adulting is higher stress than people think? (I dunno. I get the same thing, though)

lol it totally is. Adulting sucks. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

19 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Uggggh I could go on about what a terrible person I am and how I suck at everything but instead I'm gonna go edit that paper that's due tomorrow and try to do something constructive instead. Plus this way I can avoid making myself cry at work again.

I win. I haven't even FINISHED the final paper (DUE ON WEDNESDAY AT 11:00 PM!). I have been working on it for a month and it's still not done. And I'm not going to have time to really REALLY edit it. I'm such a peice of shit!!

Wheeeee!

• Like 2
Just now, Countess D'If said:

I win. I haven't even FINISHED the final paper (DUE ON WEDNESDAY AT 11:00 PM!). I have been working on it for a month and it's still not done. And I'm not going to have time to really REALLY edit it. I'm such a peice of shit!!

Wheeeee!

You are not! You are awesome and you can totally get it done. If it makes you feel better, the only reason I have a paper to edit is that the required draft was due 10 days ago. And she sent it back with all my typos and grammar mistakes highlighted. So it's less editing for content and more "this woman is being super pedantic about commas so let me fix that since she'll probably be obnoxious about taking off points for it."

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, Countess D'If said:

Wheeeee!

Hello Countess,

I soooo feel you! It is times like this that I don't miss college AT ALL. I got my associates last winter and will probably start working on my bachelors this fall. I am a tiny grasshopper on top of a small mountain looking up at a much bigger one...sigh... At least you are almost Done Ms. Fleaball...

• Like 2
On 5/5/2017 at 9:24 PM, fleaball said:

I have not. I feel like I may have seen a gif or two? Is it Elaine?

It's George; he comes in hella early to the office, puts his coat on the back of his chair, and sleeps under his desk the whole day. It's beautiful. Until he gets caught of course.

• Like 2