• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fleaball

Fleaball: Slightly Alive

18 minutes ago, Plazmotic said:

It's George; he comes in hella early to the office, puts his coat on the back of his chair, and sleeps under his desk the whole day. It's beautiful. Until he gets caught of course.

Womp. I was so far off. I so wish I could get away with that though omg. 

• Like 1

Freaking the fuck out rn. I need to get my hair done before graduation but I can't find anywhere to go. They either have ridiculously inconvenient hours or are hideously expensive. Or both. Uggggh. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fleaball said:

TFW you just submitted your last assignment for grad school...

...and start having an existential crisis not five hours later. 

• Like 3

:( I lose my cubicle tomorrow because the department needs it for a new employee who's starting next week. Womp. I'll only have to deal with sitting at the kids' table for a week but I got spoiled by having so much space. 

I had something relevant to say but idk what it was. 

eta: bright side = when I move, people won't be able to see my computer so I can job hunt without feeling bad. 

• Like 5

All the other interns are gone and it's kind of hilarious because two other teams have asked me for help today. And apparently no one knows how to use mail merge? And they just type dozens of name tags by hand for every event they have and that sounds like a special kind of hell to me. 

Challenge-related: I need to update my spreadsheet ugh. Still at 100% for the mantra, which is weird and I'm not sure how I suddenly got back on autopilot with that. PT stretches aren't happening. Meditation isn't even on my radar. Journaling is happening sporadically at work but not often. I think the problem with this one is that there are things I want to write about but don't actually want to deal with the feelings that would bring up, so I'm just not doing it at all. Not a great plan.

@Countess D'If gets all the points for the gifspam. 

I have grumpy things to say but I'll wait til after I talk to my therapist about them tonight. In the meantime, who wants to apply to jobs on my behalf?

• Like 6

Oh maaaaan there's a great gif set from the new season of Sense8 that would be perfect for this existential crisis, but I won't post it because spoilers. 

• Like 4

Oh maaaaan there's a great gif set from the new season of Sense8 that would be perfect for this existential crisis, but I won't post it because spoilers. 

As a fan who's only partway through the season, " 'preciate you"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Maaan, now I want to see it! 

I'll see if I can find it when I get home. If not I can just tell you the relevant scene since you've seen it lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fireandlight said:

As a fan who's only partway through the season, " 'preciate you"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course! I don't mind spoilers myself (except when my brother told me Snape killed Dumbledore before the book even came out) but I try not to be a dick to other people. :) 

• Like 1

For my project management class we had to analyze a real or fictional project and what led to its success or failure. The last group to go did the Death Star and I really wanted to be like "omg spoilers!" but that class was not a group of people who would have gotten the joke. :/ 

My knee has decided to start hurting every time I go down stairs. Also right now I was standing with it bent and it was tweaking. This is fun. I was thinking about starting c25k again but perhaps not. Must. Do. Elements. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Hymnusal said:

Wat? *Tweaking?*

Hahaha sorry, that sentence did not turn out the way it was supposed to because I was supposed to be working and therefore not paying attention. Basically if I moved a certain way it would randomly hurt. But not if I did the same thing twice. My body hates me. 

• Like 1

It's really hard to keyboard smash on a phone. 

Had to cover an event for the Africa team today. Was chatting with their SVP and asked if he spoke French or any other African language since he's lived and worked in a few different countries there. (I know some of them have English as their official language.) And he was just like "nah, it's not necessary in today's world." 

This makes me so angry. I realize English is a huge international language and pretty much everyone who's not a native speaker learns it if they want opportunities, or somehow gets a translator. But like, if you've lived and worked in other countries and now do a lot of business with people who native language is not yours... learn something else? Even a little bit? Obviously Africa has an insane number of languages so it's not quite as easy as, say, the slightly different dialects of the Middle East. (Fuck Egyptian.) But to just be so blasé about "nah, not necessary?" I hate Americans. And other Anglophones, since I know the U.K. is like this too. Arrrrrrrgh.

• Like 5