• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fleaball

Fleaball: Slightly Alive

2 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Japan has some of the best things. (Also some of the weirdest. But that's unrelated here.)

It's amazing how often I discover that some other language has a perfect word for a complex concept I considered hard to describe. 

• Like 4

Also I feel unqualified to offer you any kind of suggestions on how to change your mindset, given that I'm struggling with the same thing...I'll avoid being a hypocrite by telling you to do stuff I can't manage to do, and instead just stick to saying that I think you're awesome and I have confidence you will figure stuff out.

• Like 2

If you check my signature you'll see spots of "failed attempts".  There's where I was trying to make the change - but it was actually too much.  So I focused on the behaviors that impacted why I wasn't making my goals.  So - those are now becoming better habits and as long as I keep THOSE up, I can start to make the bigger changes that I want.  I know some of these things SEEM little - but like the keystone in an arch - if you half ass that - it all comes tumbling down!

So - now that I've put a focus on sleep so I'm not so tired all the time - and a taking a probiotic - so I don't have an upset stomach wanting comfort food all of the time - I can now work on EVERYTHING else :)

Now, if I could just figure out how to actually get up at 6am to get it all done before work LOL.

• Like 5

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:21 PM, NeverThatBored said:

These things are contradictory! You want to be able to run comfortably. You want to be fit enough that you can do random things without your fitness holding you back. Those are totally "whys." It doesn't have to be something deep and profound that you find deeply motivating. It's just to give you an idea of what you want to work towards, and then you try to put habits in place to help you work towards that even if you don't feel motivated or inspired. 

^This is spot on. The closest I have to a "big why" is that I want to be a cool person with cool stories to tell, and to get there I need a body capable of doing cool things. It's not noble or profound or anything, but it's what I want. It sounds like you want something similar, just to have a body capable of doing cool stuff.

What I'm finding most useful now is just trying to make every decision I make a good one, one that aligns with me being stronger and more capable. I fail at this (a lot), but that's no reason to not make the next decision a good one. And little by little I think I'm improving from it.

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 4:25 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Ask anyone on the forum here. We all believe it :)

^Also very much this; you are awesome.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jarric said:

^This is spot on. The closest I have to a "big why" is that I want to be a cool person with cool stories to tell, and to get there I need a body capable of doing cool things. It's not noble or profound or anything, but it's what I want. It sounds like you want something similar, just to have a body capable of doing cool stuff.

What I'm finding most useful now is just trying to make every decision I make a good one, one that aligns with me being stronger and more capable. I fail at this (a lot), but that's no reason to not make the next decision a good one. And little by little I think I'm improving from it.

^Also very much this; you are awesome.

Yeah, this is sorta what I'm going for. Beneath layers of anxiety and other bullshit. Will keep chipping away at it.

• Like 3