• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Oramac

Oramac: Own Your Shit - This is War Eternal

Recommended Posts

So I've just had a small epiphany!  I realized that one of the big things that made me miserable at my last job was time.  Specifically, the utter lack of control over my time.  Go to break at X time, lunch at Y time, if you miss it you're in trouble.  My new job allows me much more flexibility and control over that, and I think it's a major reason why I'm happier with this job. 

 

That's all for now.  Enjoy your Friday, Nerds!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woohoo for better happiness at the new job Oramac!  I am so happy for you!

That's really cool.   Just keep on owning that awesomeness my friend!

It looks so good on you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Woohoo for better happiness at the new job Oramac!  I am so happy for you!

That's really cool.   Just keep on owning that awesomeness my friend!

It looks so good on you!

 

Thank you!  It's really been due to the improv classes and getting the new job.  I think those are the two big factors.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!  So, I'm not dead.  I just kinda forgot to post and stuff.  

 

Monday: had a pretty darn good workout.  Chest/Arms, as per usual, but I did the Warriors 40/40 challenge because @Laghail told me to.  Bleh.  40 reps at 40% bodyweight.  That means 40 reps at 85 pounds.  It was both easy and hard.  Which makes no sense, of course, but that's how I feel about it.  

 

Tues/Wed/Thurs: I didn't do shit.  I intended to run on Wednesday, and the massive rain storms here prevented that.  Then Thursday my mom insisted on taking me to dinner for my birthday.  Meh.  It was fine, but meant that I didn't do any of the things I planned.  

 

Friday: DEADLIFTS!!  Fucking killed them!  5x5 at 275 pounds, and it felt.........I don't want to say easy, but definitely not difficult.  Sadly, I think I tweaked a muscle in my arm doing lat pulldowns after that, so I cut the workout short.  But still, deads are back!  I'm most likely going to up the weight next week.  

 

Tomorrow, I have the first session of my Level 1 improv class (last classes were Level Zero).  Then Sunday is a Cardinals game with the fam.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woo, grats on the happy making workout!

The ball game looks and sounds like it was fun. :)   Very cool.

Oooh Level 1 now?    You'll have to tell me what sort of stuff gets brought up at this level.

 

Ready to own week 2 my friend?

tumblr_nwd02a0Khp1uz17elo2_r1_250.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, imprimis5 said:

Sorry about that. :-/

 

It's cool.  I like sportsball. :P  

 

It does suck they managed to blow a 4 run lead though. 

 

6 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Woo, grats on the happy making workout!

The ball game looks and sounds like it was fun. :)   Very cool.

Oooh Level 1 now?    You'll have to tell me what sort of stuff gets brought up at this level.

 

Ready to own week 2 my friend?

tumblr_nwd02a0Khp1uz17elo2_r1_250.gif

 

Thanks!

 

It was fun!  Minus the aforementioned loss part.  

 

Well, I've only had one class, but so far L1 is very similar to L0.  Which I like, actually.  

 

Week 2 is actually already kicking my ass.  We'll see.  

 

Also, I have no idea which CR episode that gif is from.  I'm curious now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Oramac said:

 

Also, I have no idea which CR episode that gif is from.  I'm curious now. 

Yeah, me neither, but I haven't watched them all, so. :P     Also, I have watched all 2 hours of Reunions Pt1. O M G.   This may be my favorite episode.    (I haven't seen enough to really make that judgement, but the fights are so fun to watch (sometimes I lose interest in the battle minutia) and the frantic reactions, the pained expressions, the tension as Percy is digging through Whitestone.   I am sure it's because of all of them, I think I am mega crushing on Percy the mostest... but damn.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Yeah, me neither, but I haven't watched them all, so. :P     Also, I have watched all 2 hours of Reunions Pt1. O M G.   This may be my favorite episode.    (I haven't seen enough to really make that judgement, but the fights are so fun to watch (sometimes I lose interest in the battle minutia) and the frantic reactions, the pained expressions, the tension as Percy is digging through Whitestone.   I am sure it's because of all of them, I think I am mega crushing on Percy the mostest... but damn.

 

Percy crushes are real!  No Mercy Percy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok y'all.  So I'm going to type up an update now since I've had a few beers and it seems like a good idea. :P 

 

I. 

 

Am.

 

Exhausted!

 

Seriously.  The weekend was busy as hell, and I probably won't be able to really rest until Wednesday or Thursday.  Maybe.  So here we go.  

 

Last Thursday: My birthday.  Nothing special.  But my mom insisted on taking me to dinner.  So I had some good beers.  Yup. 

 

Friday.  More beers.  Nothing major to report though.  

 

Saturday: Holy fucking shitballs on a pogo stick.  Outside of legit road trips, I drove more this day than I think I ever have before in my life.  Home to the rents in the morning, then back.  Home to Improv and back in the afternoon.  Then home to a friends house and back.  Then home to an improv party and back at night.  About an hour into the Improv party I realized my Social Energy was just fucking gone.  Like, holy crap get me the hell out of here.  So I went home and went to sleep.  But that's not the end of the weekend.  

 

Sunday: Birthday baseball game.  My dad, sister, nephew and I went to the Cardinals game.  My sis got free box seats through her work, which was awesome.  The rain was less awesome, but thankfully wasn't too bad around game time.  So that was a big social thing.  Sadly, the Cards managed to blow a 4 run lead and lose 5 to 4. Damn.  

 

Monday: (now)  My Bro-in-law bought tickets to the Killswitch Engage concert tonight!!  Which is awesome.  But I need sleep.  But I went anyway, and it was a REALLY DAMN GOOD SHOW!!!  Not kidding.  They put on a great show.  AND!!  I managed to only go in the mosh pit for two songs, which is a record for me, I think.  Normally I'm in the pit for the whole damn show.  

 

Tuesday: (tomorrow)  I'm meeting a friend for drinks after work, if I can even get home from work.  Did I mention that the whole southwestern part of the damn city is flooded?  Yea.  So yay.  Maybe I'll be stuck at work tomorrow.  I really really hope not.  In either case, beers will probably be had, and I won't be able to rest.  

 

So needless to say, this coming weekend is officially scheduled as a Hermit Weekend.  (outside of improv class)  

 

Hope all y'all are doing great!!  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Oramac said:

It's cool.  I like sportsball. :P  

 

It does suck they managed to blow a 4 run lead though. 

 

Oh, it wasn't a snarky comment at all. I was mainly talking about the combination of gross rain and the loss.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, imprimis5 said:

Dude, how are you still standing to be around people at all? That would have used up all my social energy entirely. Get some rest ASAP!

 

Never has a truer statement been uttered. 

 

Sounds like a fun weekend - even though that is a lot! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap man, that is like, Starpuck levels of non-stop busy go go go go!   Yes hermit weekend.  Do it!    Plan up a character to role play with me through RollD20 or PbP or something!    Let the creative, solo energy floooow through you.

 

Also, speaking of things flowing through you.

 

THURSDAY IS MAY THE FOURTH!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, imprimis5 said:

Oh, it wasn't a snarky comment at all. I was mainly talking about the combination of gross rain and the loss.

 

Ahh.  My mistake.  And you are not wrong.  The rain was a downer, as was the loss.  But it was still fun.

 

9 hours ago, imprimis5 said:

Dude, how are you still standing to be around people at all? That would have used up all my social energy entirely. Get some rest ASAP!

 

Yea, my social energy is basically gone.  But I hate backing out of commitments if I don't have to, so I'm going to go to the stuff I said I'd go to.  

 

8 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Never has a truer statement been uttered. 

 

Sounds like a fun weekend - even though that is a lot! 

 

It was fun!  I am already looking forward to doing [nearly] nothing next weekend though. 

 

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Holy crap man, that is like, Starpuck levels of non-stop busy go go go go!   Yes hermit weekend.  Do it!    Plan up a character to role play with me through RollD20 or PbP or something!    Let the creative, solo energy floooow through you.

 

Ohhh.  Good idea!  What kind of game?  Murder-hobo?  Intrigue?  Social?  Exploration?  Honestly, I probably already have a character concept that would work for all of those, but I can always polish it up a bit. :D 

 

5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

THURSDAY IS MAY THE FOURTH!

 

It is also my sister's birthday.  Yes, my family has 3 birthdays inside a week.  Mine Apr 27, dad Apr 30, and sister May 4th.  It's ridiculous.  

 

But yes!  STAR WARS will be had!  Then, of course, you have The Revenge of the Fifth the next day! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am envious of your Hermit Weekend. I need one of those more than an anglerfish needs bioluminescent bacteria....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sounds like you are having fun even if tired! Im also thinking of having a hermit weekend (even though my week hasnt even been sociable!) 

 

Hermits Unite!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, obax said:

I am envious of your Hermit Weekend. I need one of those more than an anglerfish needs bioluminescent bacteria....

 

While this is an amazing comparison and reconfirms I am in the right place (because I got it).... really? #thisisNF

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2017 at 9:49 PM, obax said:

I am envious of your Hermit Weekend. I need one of those more than an anglerfish needs bioluminescent bacteria....

 

On 5/3/2017 at 3:10 AM, Salinger said:

sounds like you are having fun even if tired! Im also thinking of having a hermit weekend (even though my week hasnt even been sociable!) 

 

Hermits Unite!! 

 

It can't come soon enough.  

 

Guys, I think I'm losing my fucking mind.  I have so much little shit I want to get done and big things keep popping up that force me to spend money I don't have and prevent me getting anything done.  

 

Tonight is my sister's birthday, so instead of staying in and cooking and doing laundry, I get to go buy a $50-100 dinner I can't fucking afford.  

 

Seriously, I'm going to need a hermit week after the hermit weekend if this keeps up.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 hours ago, Oramac said:

Guys, I think I'm losing my fucking mind.  I have so much little shit I want to get done and big things keep popping up that force me to spend money I don't have and prevent me getting anything done.  

 

Do I ever know how you feel. In my case, it's that every single friend of mine in the board gaming industry has a Kickstarter running right now, it seems like.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you BuJo and I won't try to convert, but at the very least, while things are hectic a quick list might take some of the mental load off the brainz.

 

Writing up on a sheet of paper the things you need to get done, want to get done, and what order of priority they might be for example.    Then you can at least jot them down and not spend energy trying to remember all the things you need/want to do.

 

And.  Absolutely put RECHARGE TIME as one of the NEED to do things, and adjust it on the list to a workable compromise in when it happens.

 

It has been an absolutely crazy week! ;)   Hang in there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm back!!  It's been so crazy.  I actually only got to the gym once this week (today), and that was a very short time at the gym.  Between being pulled in a million directions and the damned flooding this week has been just ridiculous.  

 

And naturally it looks like my hermit idea isn't going to happen.  I got invited to a get-together tomorrow night, which I would normally say no to, but the circumstances pretty much necessitate that I at least make an appearance.  

 

Gym today!!!  I went in, did a 5x5 of Deads at 280, and went home.  New PR for reps!! Yay!  But with the rest of the week that's pretty much all I had in me.  

 

9 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I don't think you BuJo and I won't try to convert, but at the very least, while things are hectic a quick list might take some of the mental load off the brainz.

 

Writing up on a sheet of paper the things you need to get done, want to get done, and what order of priority they might be for example.    Then you can at least jot them down and not spend energy trying to remember all the things you need/want to do.

 

And.  Absolutely put RECHARGE TIME as one of the NEED to do things, and adjust it on the list to a workable compromise in when it happens.

 

It has been an absolutely crazy week! ;)   Hang in there.

 

Lists are fantastic.  I write them all the time at work.  No idea why I don't use them in my personal life.  This should probably change.....

 

8 hours ago, Salinger said:

Agree with Starpuck, writing a list out is an important part of my week. Id cry under my bed all day if i didnt have a list to look at! 

 

Get some rest when you can :)

 

The operative words there are "when I can".  I have no idea when that will be.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.