• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Oramac

Oramac: Own Your Shit - This is War Eternal

13 hours ago, Oramac said:

Gym today!!!  I went in, did a 5x5 of Deads at 280, and went home.  New PR for reps!! Yay!

giphy.gif

But with the rest of the week that's pretty much all I had in me.  

Is there something in the position of the earth or something this week? Cause man I am right there with you. Maybe next week will have more lol Killin it anywayssss ALLRIGHT

• Like 1

So it turns out I'm being really horrible about updating my threads with the new job.  It makes sense since I used to do all my updates at work, and now that's not really an option.  I think next challenge with have a thread update portion.  

Anyway!  

So Sunday I went for a run/walk.  Did 5.2 miles, which is 13 laps around my apartment complex.  About lap 9 or 10 I definitely felt a blister forming, which is fine.  The whole point is to toughen up my feet.  

Monday: Chest Day.  The gym was SUPER busy.  I haven't seen it that busy since January.  Ugh.  So I kinda wandered around jumping on whatever shit wasn't being used.  Ended up with a decent 45 minute workout, including a 5x5 on bench at 155#, but it just felt underwhelming.  

Tuesday: dinner with my mom.  It went as well as can be expected.  

Today: In lieu of Leg Day, since my knee has been bothering me, I opted to run/walk again.  This time, however, it was after work when it was nearly 90 degrees outside.  I'd forgotten just how big a difference the temp makes on my feet.  Barely 4 laps in I could feel a solid blister forming.  Ended up cutting it off at 6 laps (2.4 miles).  

Tomorrow: I'm supposed to be getting drinks with the ex.  This could be interesting.  I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it.  I asked her, but I'm not really sure why, and I'm not sure what I want/hope to happen.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Oramac said:

Tomorrow: I'm supposed to be getting drinks with the ex.  This could be interesting.  I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it.  I asked her, but I'm not really sure why, and I'm not sure what I want/hope to happen.  

As a friend I'm telling you don't get more than one drink.

Just don't.

• Like 4

Monday: Chest Day.  The gym was SUPER busy.  I haven't seen it that busy since January.  Ugh.

Mine's been this way, too. I think there's a Gold's somewhere that's closed because of flooding which is contributing to this. Combine that with the weather being warmer and encouraging people to get out and about.

Be careful, man. @Tanktimus the Encourager has the right of it.

• Like 3

Nice PR on reps, woot!     Also listen to your bros.     It could be fine.   But test the waters while they are shallow, and be mindful of dangerous rip currents.

Man, you got up to 90!?  I seriously need to move at least 6 hours further south...   I NEED HEAT.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Nice PR on reps, woot!     Also listen to your bros.     It could be fine.   But test the waters while they are shallow, and be mindful of dangerous rip currents.

Man, you got up to 90!?  I seriously need to move at least 6 hours further south...   I NEED HEAT.

*Cough* Texas! *Cough*

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

As a friend I'm telling you don't get more than one drink.

Just don't.

5 hours ago, imprimis5 said:

Be careful, man. Tank has the right of it.

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Also listen to your bros.     It could be fine.   But test the waters while they are shallow, and be mindful of dangerous rip currents.

Thanks y'all.  I'm torn, because she really is a good person, and we broke up because of something neither of us could really control.  But at the same time, I'm not sure she agrees with me on some pretty major life things, and I'm not sure it's the right move.  I know my mom is super gung ho about us getting back together, but I don't know if I am, or she is.  

The good news is, we both have other things to do tonight (separately) after the drinks.  So there's a definite "must leave" time that we'll be sticking to.  

• Like 4

Man, sorry for not dropping by earlier. As usual though, looks like you have just about everything under control here. =) Congrats on the recent PR!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyellan said:

Man, sorry for not dropping by earlier. As usual though, looks like you have just about everything under control here. =) Congrats on the recent PR!

Thanks man.  I'm glad it looks like everything is under control, because it sure as hell doesn't feel like it! 

Also, I started writing another homebrew class.  Because I'm dumb like that. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2017 at 10:22 PM, Oramac said:
  • Gym/Lifting: This is most likely staying, as it has been an excellent form of stress relief, though depending on what other things are kept/discarded, it may be cut back to 2 days per week instead of three. 
  • Tough Mudders: I'm already committed to 4 of these this year, so they're staying.  The good thing here is they they're basically once per month for the next 6 months (minus July).  So it's fairly easy to schedule around. 
  • World of Warcraft: This has been neglected more and more recently.  I still want to play, but it just seems like I'm prioritizing other things more and more.  That said, I'm using in-game gold to pay the monthly cost, so it's basically free until/unless I run out of gold.  
  • D&D: I've got two games running now, one that I'm DMing and one I'm playing.  Tuesday/Wednesday Adventurer's League has basically gone by the wayside.  I haven't shown up to it in almost three months now.  That said, I definitely still want to play.  I've even heard rumblings that some of the Improv students want to start a game, which would be really cool. 
  • Martial Arts: See spoiler.  All Monks are asked to add their two cents to this one, please! 

Ok Yall.  Update on this part.  Martial arts is probably not going to become a permanent thing.  Not in the short term, at least.  It's something I'd like to pursue, but at this point I just can't see myself making the time for it.  

WoW:  This is still being played, but I've pretty much gone super casual with it.  I used to run super-competitive rated Battlegrounds with a good group of people, but I haven't done that in months.  

D&D: Still there, but it's likely going to be a bit more spread out.  Which is a bit sad to me, but it also works better with my schedule.  So it is what it is.  

Other than that, I've started a bit of an enterprise on my own as well that's taking up 1-3 hours per day.  I'm not quite ready to go into detail, but it's definitely something that's right up my alley, so I'm cautiously optimistic about it! 

On 4/18/2017 at 10:10 AM, Sylvaa said:

But secretly, I'm in because I'm waiting for you to schedule some time with the trainer and looking forward to the outcome.

This is in process.  I've left a message for the trainer of choice to call me back, since (naturally) she was in a session when I called.  

===============================

Friday!!  Good news.  Yesterday I went into the gym for deadlift day.  I'm glad I did, as I almost decided to skip it.  But when I got there I was feeling particularly good and decided to go for more weight!  

Deadlifts: 2x3 315#.  Yep!!  Two sets of three with three plates!  I really think my body was capable of at least one more set, but my head was starting to ache after that, so I chose discretion. 

Lat Pulldowns/shoulder pulls: 5x5 superset at 150#/135# respectively.  This felt almost easy.  

Kbell swings: 25# alternating hand.  Again, felt good.  My right bicep very faintly hurt a bit where it meets the inside of the elbow, but not nearly enough to make me stop. 

OHP: 5x5 85#.  Pretty good here.  This is still a frustrating lift for me, and after squats, is probably going to be one I ask the trainer about for form checks.  

Dead Hangs: 2x30 sec.  Nothing special to say here. 

Overall, it was a great workout! 

• Like 3

On 5/13/2017 at 11:41 AM, Oramac said:

Deadlifts: 2x3 315#.  Yep!!  Two sets of three with three plates!  I really think my body was capable of at least one more set, but my head was starting to ache after that, so I chose discretion. 

I love discretion!    Great job, both on the lift, and the playing it smarts!

tenor.gif

I am soooo curious about new endeavor thingy!  But I shall wait patiently.

Less D&D is for the sadness, but maybe we can brainstorm this RollD20 - Skype/Hangouts thing we always pipe dream!

• Like 1

Ok, y'all, so here's a fun story to illustrate just HOW FREAKING BAD my timing is.  I'm sure @Sylvaa will get a good laugh out of this. 

So you remember last week I called the trainer to schedule a session?  She was busy, so I left a message to call me back.  Cool.  No problem so far.  

Yesterday, I went to the gym for my normal Monday Chest/Arms day (below), and very shortly before I started I got a call from a number I didn't recognize, so naturally I let it go to voicemail.  Went and put in a pretty ok 45-50 minute workout.  After the workout I got my stuff and went to the front to ask about setting up a training session with said preferred trainer, completely forgetting about the voicemail (you see where this is going yet?).  

Turns out my schedule and hers don't match up at all this week, so I scheduled a basic orientation for Thursday with a different trainer, and made my way out of the gym.  

On the way home I remember the voicemail, check it, and lo and behold, it's a message from the Preferred Trainer asking when we can schedule a time!  Yay.  I suck at life.  

So now I have a training session scheduled, though thankfully I did call back Preferred Trainer and arrange (hopefully) to make a session next week work.  

• Like 2

All right, so I went to the complimentary orientation session thing yesterday with a different trainer.  IT went fairly well, and I got a lot of useful info even just in it.  So my body fat is about 19%, and my BMI is 26.  I don't really care so much about these, but it's good to know I guess.  

The main two things I found out were thus: 

1. For my goals, I'm probably doing way too much volume.  I showed the trainer my normal workout program that I made up, and his first comment was that it was a ton of volume, especially on my Leg Days.  

2. I've probably got a pretty major strength difference between my quads and hamstrings.  I suppose I should have figured this out since my deadlifts (hex and oly bar) are both well over 100 pounds more than my squats.  

The Preferred Trainer is supposed to call me this weekend to set up a time for next week.  

And tomorrow I have the Battlegrounds!  Nothing fancy, really.  Just a little 5 mile OCR. But it should be fun! 

• Like 5

On 5/11/2017 at 0:37 PM, Oramac said:

The good news is, we both have other things to do tonight (separately) after the drinks.  

So what happened?!?  

Can't leave us hanging like that man. ;)

Also... Hi. 

On 5/19/2017 at 6:15 PM, Broba Fett said:

So what happened?!?  

Can't leave us hanging like that man. ;)

Also... Hi. 

Hi!  Welcome back Broba!  

So basically, nothing happened.  I had a beer, she had a water, we talked for about 1.5 hours, and went our separate ways. 

=============================

In other news, The Battlegrounds was yesterday!  It went really well for the most part.  My group was supposed to be myself, 2 other guys, and maybe 4-5 girls.  The girls made the team and named it "All My Sisters and Me".  

And then none of the girls showed up.  lol.  So it was just me and the two guys.  Turns out, the two guys both run a 7 minute mile.  So really, it was just me running by myself.  Which I'm actually ok with.  I'd wanted to do a mud run solo anyway, so it worked out.  And I only failed two obstacles.  One was The Gauntlet (first one here), which is a huge contraption with 6 different choices for obstacles, ranging from easy to hard.  I chose the one that started with monkey bars.  No problem.  The next part was swinging on garden hoses.  Between being kinda tired and slippery with mud, I lost my grip and fell. :(  The other I failed was immediately after the Gauntlet.  No idea what this one was called, but it was basically a 3 inch steel tube suspended about 8 feet off the ground that you had to traverse without using your feet.  Again, by the time I got to it, it was absolutely covered with mud and all kinds of slippery.  I made it about halfway across before I lost grip.  But I don't feel so bad.  I watched for a little while and didn't see one other person succeed on it.  

Overall, it was a really fun warmup for the Mudders coming up. 

• Like 6

On 4/18/2017 at 7:03 PM, Oramac said:

Also, because I'm always curious, whoever listened to the song in the OP, please say so. :)  And if you actually liked it, say that too! 

Late follower coming to the party - drawn by Star Wars banter on @Starpuck 's thread. But also metal~~~

The song in your opening post is awesome. A bit more screamy metal (I'm more a symphonic/power metal fanatic- Sonata Arctica, Falconer, Nightwish etc -but my buddy is trying to gradually introduce me to more stuff like this)

Always open to hearing new bands :D

Guess I should read through the rest of your thread now......... ;P

edit: aaaaand just realized this was last months lol either way do good things!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Late follower coming to the party - drawn by Star Wars banter on Starpuck's thread. But also metal~~~

The song in your opening post is awesome. A bit more screamy metal (I'm more a symphonic/power metal fanatic- Sonata Arctica, Falconer, Nightwish etc -but my buddy is trying to gradually introduce me to more stuff like this)

Always open to hearing new bands :D

Guess I should read through the rest of your thread now......... ;P

edit: aaaaand just realized this was last months lol either way do good things!

Haha.  Welcome to the party anyway! You're more than welcome to throw out star wars and metal talk in my new "challenge" thread here if you like. :) 

• Like 1