• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mr_Willes

Mr_Willes: "More and Less"

Returning to the challenges after a "break" which took place in the battle log. It's time again for a little bit of structure, BUT...

Life is being life, i can't prioritize NF as much as i want to, (spring is always a busy time in my life, and now we have this project at work which needs a lot of attention) so this is going to be a challenge of more and less. Sadly this comes down to:

More: Activity / Strictness

Less: Participation on NF

I really liked the BuJo thingies i saw on the few threads i have seen. But i want a digital one. For activities i already laid down the pavement in my Battle log:

sThsl3v.png

So next to that i want to be able to be strict with regards to eating and drinking:

BuJo points:

1. No beer: 6 out of 7 days (1L max)
  2. Protein-Yoghurt breakfast: 6 out of 7
  3. Healthy lunch: 5 days out of 7
  4. Normal dinner: 5 days out of 7
  5. Nothing outside normal meals: 6 days out of 7

What to expect:

• I will check in a few times a week to update my BuJo.
  • I will enter summaries of all my workouts for journaling purposes.
  • I will follow several threads (email notification) to keep me updated with things that are going on around here.

What i would like you to do for me:

• Keep me updated on interesting things, don't let me miss out on things! I don't mind to make this a cozy little private W00T Room for example.

########################################

Day: 0/35

Lifting: Week 0: OOO / Week 1: OOO / Week 2: OOO / Week 3: OOO / Week 4: OOO

Crossfit: Week 0: OO / Week 1: OO / Week 2: OO / Week 3: OO / Week 4: OO

Running: Week 0: O / Week 1: O / Week 2: O / Week 3: O / Week 4: O

Rest: Week 0: O / Week 1: O / Week 2: O / Week 3: O / Week 4: O

Nobeer: Week 0: OOOOOO / Week 1: OOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOO

Breakfast: Week 0: OOOOOO / Week 1: OOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOO

Lunch: Week 0: OOOOO / Week 1: OOOOO / Week 2: OOOOO / Week 3: OOOOO / Week 4: OOOOO

Dinner: Week 0: OOOOO / Week 1: OOOOO / Week 2: OOOOO / Week 3: OOOOO / Week 4: OOOOO 

Extras: Week 0: OOOOOO / Week 1: OOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOO

Really...

This is it??? No mention at all that this program was specifically made for fast-prepping for the StrongViking i will do on May 20th?

Ofcourse not!!!

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, mr_willes said:

This is it??? No mention at all that this program was specifically made for fast-prepping for the StrongViking i will do on May 20th?

Oh you got this!

Following!

• Like 2

Thanx! I think i will do just fine.

But it seems like i am never in the state i want to be (ding ding ding, Rangerbrain!!!). I'm working on grip strength pullups and general strength. But i'm nowhere near where i have been on the running. Last Sunday i did a small 6k with 5:55/K. I used to be able to run around the 05:00/K. But there are 60 obstacles on the 19k track. So that's an average of about 3 obstacles per K so the distance will not be the problem. And i still got about 4 weeks to prep.

• Like 7

Grip strength is my nemesis... I've started doing dead hangs for 3x10sec every time I'm in the gym to try and get it happening. This morning I did a whole bunch of knees to elbows (whole bunch = 50, wah!) and boy was I glad I'd been working on those hangs.

Also! I am now deadlifting half of what you're deadlifting (60kg) WOOT WOOT! Watch out for Yashatrain, coming through.

Here is 1rm of 65kg.

I'm going after 5x70kg(body weight) for my birthday in two weeks. If, no, when! I do the thing I will update here... perhaps with a party-hat video, perhaps with just my word... we shall see...

Good luck on your spring work-a-thon and your BuJo of digi-colour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Yasha92 said:

Grip strength is my nemesis... I've started doing dead hangs for 3x10sec every time I'm in the gym to try and get it happening. This morning I did a whole bunch of knees to elbows (whole bunch = 50, wah!) and boy was I glad I'd been working on those hangs.

Also! I am now deadlifting half of what you're deadlifting (60kg) WOOT WOOT! Watch out for Yashatrain, coming through.

Here is 1rm of 65kg.

I'm going after 5x70kg(body weight) for my birthday in two weeks. If, no, when! I do the thing I will update here... perhaps with a party-hat video, perhaps with just my word... we shall see...

Good luck on your spring work-a-thon and your BuJo of digi-colour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking Solid T! You are so gonna nail the BW lift!

I really like the farmer walks for grip strength, they are just fun to do. Used 2 20kg plates in each hand yesterday. That was starting to become challenging. Dead hangs are tough, i especially feel it in my shoulders. My grip strength is miles better than it has ever been, and it really is fantastic. I'm trying to delay the mixed grip as long as possible with deadlifting. Feels so good to make that little bit extra weight easier moving to mixed grip.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Yasha92 said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor gainstrain gif

• Like 7

Yesterdays workout: Monday April 17th

DL:

5x57.5

5x65

5x72.5

2x10@77.5

15x77.5

BP:

5xBAR

5x30

5x40

5x45

2x10@50

15x50

SQ:

5xBAR

5x42.5

5x67.5

5x77.5

3x10@82.5

Pullups/FW:

Pullups 4

Farmerwalk 2x40 kg 20m

Chinups 4

Farmerwalk 2x40 kg 20m

Pullups 4

Farmerwalk 2x40 kg 20m

• Like 7

Day: 1/35

Lifting: Week 0: VOO / Week 1: OOO / Week 2: OOO / Week 3: OOO / Week 4: OOO

Crossfit: Week 0: OO / Week 1: OO / Week 2: OO / Week 3: OO / Week 4: OO

Running: Week 0: O / Week 1: O / Week 2: O / Week 3: O / Week 4: O

Nobeer: Week 0: VOOOOO / Week 1: OOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOO

Breakfast: Week 0: XOOOOO / Week 1: OOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOO

Lunch: Week 0: VOOOO / Week 1: OOOOO / Week 2: OOOOO / Week 3: OOOOO / Week 4: OOOOO

Dinner: Week 0: XOOOO / Week 1: OOOOO / Week 2: OOOOO / Week 3: OOOOO / Week 4: OOOOO 

Extras: Week 0: VOOOOO / Week 1: OOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOO

• Like 2

Following!  I saw a Ducati Monster on the street today. What a machine!

29 minutes ago, mr_willes said:

But it seems like i am never in the state i want to be (ding ding ding, Rangerbrain!!!)

You gotta fight rangerbrain, brother

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Agnarr said:

Following!  I saw a Ducati Monster on the street today. What a machine!

My sister has one of those, was it an old model or a new? My sis has the new model:

Spoiler

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor monster 1100s

12 minutes ago, Agnarr said:

You gotta fight rangerbrain, brother

Dude... I only got one resting day left... ;) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mr_willes said:

Keep me updated on interesting things, don't let me miss out on things! I don't mind to make this a cozy little private W00T Room for example

I LOVE this idea! Not long now until SV man, and looks like you're gonna crush it!

• Like 3

Tuesday April 18th:

Crossfit:

Warmup:

Ropeskipping with some tips and tricks.

Technique: 

Hollow hold

Superman hold

(combined with a dead hang creates) Kipping

Superset:

Pullups (5x5)

Toes to bar (5x5)

WOD:

Team Chipper (TC 20)

200 single unders

50 stepups (24")

50 knees to elbow (knee raises)

200 single unders

50 pushups 

50 kettlebell swings (16kg)

200 single unders

My hands are completely fried. Thankfully i also did some pullups and farmer walks at the end of my lifting session on Monday and with the training of the techniques with the pullup / the toes to bar / the kipping, the superset pullups/toestobar 5x5, and the knees to elbow in the WOD my calluses have been throbbing all of last night, and i can still feel them this morning. But it also makes for a sense of accomplishment. Even when i only got the first set of 5 pullups in unassisted.

I was paired up with a partner that was a beginner (very first lesson) and he wasn't a very fast person. It was a huge guy (from my point of view) i'm estimating near the 2 meters and weighing about 110 kg. But even when you are not build fast, you can think fast, like get be ready for the next exercise when the previous exercise is almost over. So that worked me up a bit, but i didn't let it show and thanked him for working together afterwards. We came in second to last. With about a 1.5 minute longer than the first couple. Though when they wrote down the height of the box, the weight of the kettlebell, and the assistance used with the pushups i was pretty proud as we did everything as prescribed (except for the knees to elbow, everybody did knee raises). At the end i felt quite accomplished as the WOD worked me out pretty good.

Day: 2/35

Lifting: Week 0: VOO / Week 1: OOO / Week 2: OOO / Week 3: OOO / Week 4: OOO

Crossfit: Week 0: VO / Week 1: OO / Week 2: OO / Week 3: OO / Week 4: OO

Running: Week 0: O / Week 1: O / Week 2: O / Week 3: O / Week 4: O

Nobeer: Week 0: VVOOOO / Week 1: OOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOO

Breakfast: Week 0: XVOOOO / Week 1: OOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOO

Lunch: Week 0: VVOOO / Week 1: OOOOO / Week 2: OOOOO / Week 3: OOOOO / Week 4: OOOOO

Dinner: Week 0: XVOOO / Week 1: OOOOO / Week 2: OOOOO / Week 3: OOOOO / Week 4: OOOOO 

Extras: Week 0: VXOOOO / Week 1: OOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOO

• Like 11

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following!

Good to see you here Tankpool!

15 hours ago, RedStone said:

HIIIEEEEEE Can I woot that I finally showed up for a Ranger challenge? ;) Lots of grip work for me too! :D 

tumblr_nix1ropivT1rf46hco1_500.gif

W00T away!!! That's what we here for! Yay for the grip work, i got of an great start, my calluses can confirm!

12 hours ago, Jarric said:

I LOVE this idea! Not long now until SV man, and looks like you're gonna crush it!

31 days and counting... So thankfully i can still get in some running, i'm even pondering if i should sub my resting day with a running day...

9 hours ago, jstanlick said:

Following! Curious how the whole BuJo thing works out IRL.

Well i already did something like that once with a nice spreadsheet which i turned into a BuJo but i really need a kiss-version this time as i'm really low on NF-time!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor thank you giftenor.gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor thank you gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor thank you gif

to all of you for dropping in!

• Like 8

16 hours ago, RedStone said:

HIIIEEEEEE Can I woot that I finally showed up for a Ranger challenge? ;) Lots of grip work for me too! :D 

You needz an updated signature!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr_willes said:

WOD:

Team Chipper (TC 20)

200 single unders

50 stepups (24")

50 knees to elbow (knee raises)

200 single unders

50 pushups 

50 kettlebell swings (16kg)

200 single unders

Man that looks brutal. Not that I'm not suggesting I couldn't do with more of this kind of stuff in my training :P Great work in getting through it all!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Man that looks brutal. Not that I'm not suggesting I couldn't do with more of this kind of stuff in my training :P Great work in getting through it all!

It looks a lot less brutal when you can do it with a partner. So when one is active the other one is resting. I was pretty beat up afterwards, but it was nowhere near as bad as the first WOD i did.

It's when you master the technique of all of the different exercises and it comes down to just getting in as much reps as fast as possible, that's when you can die completely satisfied!

• Like 4

It looks a lot less brutal when you can do it with a partner. So when one is active the other one is resting. I was pretty beat up afterwards, but it was nowhere near as bad as the first WOD i did.

It's when you master the technique of all of the different exercises and it comes down to just getting in as much reps as fast as possible, that's when you can die completely satisfied!

Skipping is still my downfall for timed stuff, when I'm in the groove I can smash 100 in a min, when I'm tripping myself and resetting and all that jazz it takes FOREVER!

Also I wanted to say thanks for being nice to your buddy even if he was a little frustrating! Your description of him makes me think of Mr's first session of ROAR... whole time he was trying not to die and to remember what the exercises were. Newbie will git good (hopefully) soon. If you're buddies with him again maybe lead him into it "Ok five more of this then onto that" or something.

Counting is hard! I like Xmins of whatever, rather than reps coz I get confused.

Also, your challenge trackers always make me say 'voooom! Voooom!' In my head... you are fuelling my mental matchbox cars.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

Skipping is still my downfall for timed stuff, when I'm in the groove I can smash 100 in a min, when I'm tripping myself and resetting and all that jazz it takes FOREVER!

Skipping is not that bad, but the difference between my rope at home and the one at the Box made it quite a bit harder. On the other end, i did about a total of 5 double unders. And not the single ones, but ones were i could keep on skipping after it!

12 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

Also I wanted to say thanks for being nice to your buddy even if he was a little frustrating! Your description of him makes me think of Mr's first session of ROAR... whole time he was trying not to die and to remember what the exercises were. Newbie will git good (hopefully) soon. If you're buddies with him again maybe lead him into it "Ok five more of this then onto that" or something.

I always try to be the nice guy, it usually works out quite well, but i do want to make progress at the same time so i started doing exactly what you said towards the end of the WOD both for myself and for him. For myself just to get a lower time, and for him to nudge him in the right direction.

14 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

Counting is hard! I like Xmins of whatever, rather than reps coz I get confused.

Counting is hard

Anaerobic counting is:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor impossibru

18 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

your challenge trackers

Simple challenge tracker is simple (KISS) just the way i like it. Life has too much difficult stuff as it is!

• Like 6