• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mr_Willes

Mr_Willes: "More and Less"

Wednesday April 19th:

Today was the run at work, it's a bi-annual event. This time there were 6 options, 2 for kids and 4 for adults. The kids could do a 1K or 2K kids run (withs some "obstacles") and the adults could do 4k / 8k / 12k / 16k. In 4k laps. Due to lack of training i entered myself for the 8k.

My son also told me he wanted to join me so i entered him in the 2K kids run and he did great. Had much fun and wanted to run even more! Pics in spoiler.

Spoiler

VDjXusvl.jpg

1FON7O8l.jpg

nWU49Iil.jpg

7M8SnNKl.jpg

I did the 8k (2 laps) cause my running hasn't been very consistent the last few weeks. Actually i practiced a short 6K last sunday and got to a 05:55/K average. The one before that was in the first half of March, so it's safe to say i haven't been very consistent. That makes me all the more proud to say i crushed my timelimit of 45 min. With 43:43. Which comes down to 05:28/k.

Day: 3/35

Lifting: Week 0: VOO / Week 1: OOO / Week 2: OOO / Week 3: OOO / Week 4: OOO

Crossfit: Week 0: VO / Week 1: OO / Week 2: OO / Week 3: OO / Week 4: OO

Running: Week 0: V / Week 1: O / Week 2: O / Week 3: O / Week 4: O

Rest: Week 0: O / Week 1: O / Week 2: O / Week 3: O / Week 4: O

Beers (6): Week 0: VVXOOOO / Week 1: OOOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

B.Fast(6): Week 0: XVVOOOO / Week 1: OOOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Lunch(5): Week 0: VVVOOOO / Week 1: OOOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Dinner(5): Week 0: XVVOOOO / Week 1: OOOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Extras(6): Week 0: VXXOOOO / Week 1: OOOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Todays X's explained:

• After today's run at work we had to wait for one of my colleagues to finish showering, as i am the one who can control the alarm of the building. So we took that opportunity to drink a beer(Palm, we have a fridge in our room).
  • I had a small dinner which was just a small ham and cheese sandwich. So at home i ate about 3 mini chocolate easter-eggs.
  • Like 11

Well done on the run. Sounds like you don't have to worry about running for Strong Viking if that's the kind of time you do with no training!

Looks like your little one enjoyed himself. A future OCR athlete in the making? 

• Like 6

I found out that if i keep between the 05:30 and 06:00 i don't really have to train the running. Still i'm gonna stick to the 1 run a week, just because 19K (12 miles) sounds like A LOT!

My boy told the wife he wanted to do the regular run with me next year. So now i'm gonna take him on a run a few times. Keeps me in line with the running and we'll see if he can manage the 2.5 miles next time. And i think i'm gonna have to find a proper OCR for him this summer. StrongViking has a family edition, but that's so very expensive (~€ 75 euro for the 2 of us for a 5k)

• Like 6

So cool your son did that with you!  Is this the same son that did appearance in the " bring Sally up" challenge?

my step son and his friends were way into American Ninja Warriors one summer so I built them an obstacle course across three of the neighborhood yards.  I will try to find some of the pics.  I ended up with 20 plus kids wanting to go through it and all their parents showed up to watch.  Anything you can do to promote his love is good.  Too bad it is so expensive.

3b4401384f1f3261d5ce8ff888eecd6b.jpg0c36de58d19ca36517ec8f9b57816479.jpg32123ec3931428cc70cab94718e19103.jpg0eb1ecd98fa482d21f5565a290ee264a.jpg

• Like 12

Yeah that is expensive. I know a lot of races over here do mini events for kids alongside the main adult event. Spartan have Mini Spartan, so I'm sure you'll be able to find something. If you make it over for DW next year and bring the family along, they do a 2km mini mucker for kiddies. ;)

@T2sarahconnor those pictures are amazing. That kid in the first picture is totally bossing the cliff hanger. What a little badass!

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Yeah that is expensive. I know a lot of races over here do mini events for kids alongside the main adult event. Spartan have Mini Spartan, so I'm sure you'll be able to find something. If you make it over for DW next year and bring the family along, they do a 2km mini mucker for kiddies. ;)

@T2sarahconnor those pictures are amazing. That kid in the first picture is totally bossing the cliff hanger. What a little badass!

That is my neighbors kid and she is a gymnast.  Her and 2 other gymnast friends kicked the boys' ass on the hang.  

• Like 5

Subbing/Following/Stalking/Creeping and everything in between!! 

70eb96bde30ccffe49fc9bbf2188824d_ocr-mem

LMAO! This is probably true more often then not. "Grit, grit, grit, pain, grit, cramps....wait a second...is that a camera?? SMILE!!!"

Cool pics of your son going through his own little course! And I loved your pics too, T2! Awesome stuff. Start them YOUNG!!! 

Wolf

• Like 5

On 20-4-2017 at 3:37 PM, T2sarahconnor said:

So cool your son did that with you!  Is this the same son that did appearance in the " bring Sally up" challenge?

my step son and his friends were way into American Ninja Warriors one summer so I built them an obstacle course across three of the neighborhood yards.  I will try to find some of the pics.  I ended up with 20 plus kids wanting to go through it and all their parents showed up to watch.  Anything you can do to promote his love is good.  Too bad it is so expensive.

Spoiler

3b4401384f1f3261d5ce8ff888eecd6b.jpg0c36de58d19ca36517ec8f9b57816479.jpg32123ec3931428cc70cab94718e19103.jpg0eb1ecd98fa482d21f5565a290ee264a.jpg

Yep it sure is! I'm so proud of him for liking these healthy things. As a full time deskjockey i'm a bit afraid of the sedentary lifestyle especially with regards to "the new generation". He told me he wants to run in the "big"-run next time. The 4K is the next step up. Plan for now is to train every week together. Slowly taking him up to 4K. Which will also benefit me, as i will be able to train a little extra after the run with my son. Both a winner!

That course looks great, i see why other people would want to try it, hell even i would have a go at it myself. Really good way to get people interested in OCR!

On 20-4-2017 at 3:49 PM, Charlie_Quinn said:

Yeah that is expensive. I know a lot of races over here do mini events for kids alongside the main adult event. Spartan have Mini Spartan, so I'm sure you'll be able to find something. If When you make it over for DW next year and bring the family along, they do a 2km mini mucker for kiddies. ;)

FTFY

But i'm not sure if the family will join me. Hopefully i can get a car full of enthusiastic runners with me to split the costs for transportation, well we will be with at least 2. And even if he backs out i will join the DMM to get over to your nice little island ;) 

On 20-4-2017 at 4:01 PM, T2sarahconnor said:

That is my neighbors kid and she is a gymnast.  Her and 2 other gymnast friends kicked the boys' ass on the hang.  

She looks really cool, i don't think i could hang on like that. Something with grip strength vs bodyweight...

On 20-4-2017 at 4:55 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Rangers gonna Ranger, even the little ones.

Ooh Rah

file-4.gif

On 20-4-2017 at 8:48 PM, Wild Wolf said:

Subbing/Following/Stalking/Creeping and everything in between!! 

70eb96bde30ccffe49fc9bbf2188824d_ocr-mem

LMAO! This is probably true more often then not. "Grit, grit, grit, pain, grit, cramps....wait a second...is that a camera?? SMILE!!!"

Cool pics of your son going through his own little course! And I loved your pics too, T2! Awesome stuff. Start them YOUNG!!! 

Wolf

I can totally do that, it's the same when your favorite song comes on! Good to have you here bro, and good to see you returning to the rebellion!

BzRrS10IEAAlWKb.jpg

5 hours ago, maegs said:

giphy.gif 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hello gif

Hey Maegs, always a pleasure to see you!

Also, totally unrelated BUT quite accurate:

Afbeeldingsresultaat

So i was pretty busy last weekend with co-guiding my first bike-trip. 20 people, three days on the banks of the Moselle. It was a bit cold, but at least we had very little rain. Which is always a very good thing while riding. There were quite a few small things that needed attention but nothing big happened and almost all clients had a great weekend. One had a bike that refused to start, but it's a known error and nothing we could do about it to fix it. So he had his insurance pick him up and bring him and his bike home. Eating was pretty on point most of the weekend, but i did had 3 days of drinking beer. But seeing it's 0-week i was a bit more loose.

Day: 3/35

Lifting: Week 0: VVO / Week 1: OOO / Week 2: OOO / Week 3: OOO / Week 4: OOO

Rest: Week 0: VVV / Week 1: O / Week 2: O / Week 3: O / Week 4: O

Beers (6): Week 0: VVXVXXX / Week 1: OOOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

B.Fast(6): Week 0: XVVVVVV / Week 1: OOOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Lunch(5): Week 0: VVVVVXV / Week 1: OOOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Dinner(5): Week 0: XVVXVVX / Week 1: OOOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Extras(6): Week 0: VXXVVXV / Week 1: OOOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Todays X's explained:

• Beers: Had been drinking some beers after dinner with the clients on Friday and Saturday, had 2 dark beers at the indoor playground yesterday (in the spirit of 0-week).
  • Lunch: had a spatzlepfanne on saturday at the banks of the Moselle. I really like spatzle but never had them this way. It isn't the healthiest but it was very good! It was made into a sort of a lasagna with ham and mushrooms and cheese baked in the oven
  • Dinner: Thursday i was super hungry when i came home after work, so i ate everything that was leftover at the dinnertable. At that point my wife reminded me there was still some leftover Spaghetti in the fridge, which was devoured in no time. Sunday i had a pizza for dinner at the indoor playground, again in the spirit of 0-week :D 
  • Extras: Being on the road and having the need for a bite i often resort to a chocolate bar of some sort. So when we stopped at a gas station (after my bike was running on fumes) and it was cold and i had something to drink i also needed something to snack and one (or more than one) of those bars disappeared in my mouth.

So scoring for this 0-week where i purposely wasn't the most strictest:

Beers (6): Bad -3

B.Fast(6): On point

Lunch(5): Perfect +1

Dinner(5): Almost there -1

Extras(6): Needs work -2

Think the week went pretty ok, i was quite a bit looser, but that will allow me to make a difference during the next 4 weeks of challenge (recharged the willpower-battery) which ends with the strongviking.

Now i have to make a few changes for the first week as we are having our annual weekend with all of my friends. Which means that i will be away from Fridayafternoon till Sunday evening. This messes up the workout routine a bit, and i don't want to restrict myself with drinking beers on friday and saturday. So next weeks things will be a bit altered.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, mr_willes said:

i also needed something to snack and one (or more than one) of those bars disappeared in my mouth.

You have to watch those sneaky bars. They'll vanish in your mouth before you blink ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

You have to watch those sneaky bars. They'll vanish in your mouth before you blink ;)

giphy.gif

They taste so good when you need to snack!!!

2 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Following along for the glory of StrongViking! You're gonna beast it :D

At the risk of sounding corny (again, cause i can't remember if i already told you this...) your profile pic always reminds me of the Weasly Twins

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor weasley twins

Thanx for the support!!!

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, mr_willes said:

At the risk of sounding corny (again, cause i can't remember if i already told you this...) your profile pic always reminds me of the Weasly Twins

Thanx for the support!!!

Heh, that's definitely the first time anyone has ever made that particular comparison.

...and now I can't unsee it!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mr_willes said:

Lunch: had a spatzlepfanne on saturday at the banks of the Moselle. I really like spatzle but never had them this way. It isn't the healthiest but it was very good! It was made into a sort of a lasagna with ham and mushrooms and cheese baked in the oven

*drool*

Also, totally unrelated BUT quite accurate:

Afbeeldingsresultaat

LMAO! I pray a similar prayer each night before I go to bed...

I can totally do that, it's the same when your favorite song comes on! Good to have you here bro, and good to see you returning to the rebellion!

BzRrS10IEAAlWKb.jpg

Good to be back my friend :) And so true! When my hype song comes on...I start to feel a little bad for the weights....NOT!

Wolf

• Like 2

BzRrS10IEAAlWKb.jpg

YESSSSS

giphy.gif

• Lunch: had a spatzlepfanne on saturday at the banks of the Moselle. I really like spatzle but never had them this way. It isn't the healthiest but it was very good! It was made into a sort of a lasagna with ham and mushrooms and cheese baked in the oven

Haven't had spatzle in ages, now I want some!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mr_willes said:

Lunch: had a spatzlepfanne on saturday at the banks of the Moselle. I really like spatzle but never had them this way. It isn't the healthiest but it was very good! It was made into a sort of a lasagna with ham and mushrooms and cheese baked in the oven

You're right, that doesn't sound like the healthiest thing to eat, but it does sound like a down right delicious thing to eat!!! Man, now I'm hungry. I might have to add your thread to Tank's on the Eat Before Reading List.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iatetheyeti said:

Heh, that's definitely the first time anyone has ever made that particular comparison.

Thank you for the confirmation, and sorry you cannot unsee it, but i found it just so very resembling that i had to mention it! 

1 hour ago, Wild Wolf said:

*drool*

LMAO! I pray a similar prayer each night before I go to bed...

Good to be back my friend :) And so true! When my hype song comes on...I start to feel a little bad for the weights....NOT!

Wolf

Image result for lifting song gif

Oow yeah!!!

1 hour ago, maegs said:

YESSSSS

giphy.gif

Haven't had spatzle in ages, now I want some!

Spatzle are the best, but i only eat them once when i'm over in germany, i usually go a bit overboard with them... Very good with a nice juicy steak besides it, and those wicked fresh salattellers!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, mr_willes said:

Thank you for the confirmation, and sorry you cannot unsee it, but i found it just so very resembling that i had to mention it! 

Image result for lifting song gif

Oow yeah!!!

Spatzle are the best, but i only eat them once when i'm over in germany, i usually go a bit overboard with them... Very good with a nice juicy steak besides it, and those wicked fresh salattellers!

salattellers?

8 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

To be fair the first time I saw your avatar I was trying to figure out what part of the Harry Potter movies you got it from that I didn't remember. The jacket you're wearing looks like some official Hufflepuff thing.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2017 at 9:37 AM, T2sarahconnor said:

Pls adopt me. I know how to cook dinner.

r1tBmPM6bHNbHBwilEbZb5xKH8I=.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

salattellers?

Salattellers!

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

To be fair the first time I saw your avatar I was trying to figure out what part of the Harry Potter movies you got it from that I didn't remember. The jacket you're wearing looks like some official Hufflepuff thing.

See, and the background with the people walking in front of you could come straight out of one of the movies!

7 hours ago, RedStone said:

Pls adopt me. I know how to cook dinner.

r1tBmPM6bHNbHBwilEbZb5xKH8I=.gif

You know how to cook dinner???

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor please marry me gif

• Like 1

Regular work day in this short 3-day-work-week (Thursday is Kingsday, friday default day off). Did a lifting session which i started of with the Warrior's mini:

Benchpress 40 Reps with 40% of bodyweight (35kg). Which was surprisingly hard at the end. Still had a little left, so next week i'm gonna see how far i will get with 50% (42.5kg). Hit all the things, got all the points, did everything, felt great!

Lifting:

Benchpress:

1x5@BAR

1x5@27.5

1x40@35

Deadlift:

1x5@57.5

1x4@70

1x3@80

1x12@87.5

Squat:

1x5@BAR

1x5@37.5

1x5@57.5

1x4@75
1x3@85
1x10@92.5

Superset chinups/pullups - Famerwalks:

Pullups: 4

FW 20m 2x45kg

Chinups:5

FW 20m 2x45kg

Pullups: 4

FW 20m 2x45kg

Chinups:5

FW 20m 2x45kg

Day: 8/35

Lifting: Week 0: VVO / Week 1: VOO / Week 2: OOO / Week 3: OOO / Week 4: OOO

Rest: Week 0: VVV / Week 1: O / Week 2: O / Week 3: O / Week 4: O

Beers (6): Week 0: VVXVXXX / Week 1: VOOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

B.Fast(6): Week 0: XVVVVVV / Week 1: VOOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Lunch(5): Week 0: VVVVVXV / Week 1: VOOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Dinner(5): Week 0: XVVXVVX / Week 1: VOOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Extras(6): Week 0: VXXVVXV / Week 1: VOOOOOO / Week 2: OOOOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Week 0: -5 / Week 1: / Week 2: / Week 3: / Week 4: 

Todays X's explained:

• [insert happydance]
    tenor.gif
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, mr_willes said:

You know how to cook dinner???

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor please marry me gif

There's food involved??? :D 

giphy.gif

(Do you guys have bugles? They're kind of a travesty...)

• Like 1