• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mr_Willes

Mr_Willes: "More and Less"

11 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I have trouble tailoring things to my skill/fitness level. I try to do everything perfect and would end up passing out or throwing up. Ugh... That perfectionist mentality... lol. 

If you have good instructors they help you with scaling it to your abilities, mind you it will still suck donkeyass cause you will be completely FU at the end, but you will only die a little...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr_willes said:

If you have good instructors they help you with scaling it to your abilities, mind you it will still suck donkeyass cause you will be completely FU at the end, but you will only die a little...

giphy.gif?w=316&h=155&crop&ssl=1

• Like 7

On 4/26/2017 at 1:36 AM, mr_willes said:

getting the foundation of the snatch

giphy.gif

Sorry....you bring out the dirty bastard in me ;) 

5 hours ago, mr_willes said:

So, much room for improvement, but we'll get there!

Well done on the WOD my friend :) I never doubted you for a second! And don't worry about Rx vs scaling-you'll get there. Right now, you're building a better engine and the horsepower is revving, brother!!

post-52397-ace-ventura-its-alive-gif-Img

Wolf

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

This is why Crossfit would probably kill me. I look at this and think "that sounds OK", but I'd try it as prescribed and be dying on the floor within 5 minutes. 

That used to happen to me all the time. Now I've learned to gauge my skills against the RX before going head first into the WOD  (most days). And then there are those sweet sweet days when I go RX and don't die.

@mr_willes congratulations on the HSPU! 

17 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

giphy.gif?w=316&h=155&crop&ssl=1

Yeah i still felt it last night with the workout, i was super tired, deadlifts and squat went agonizingly slow...

16 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

giphy.gif

Sorry....you bring out the dirty bastard in me ;) 

Well done on the WOD my friend :) I never doubted you for a second! And don't worry about Rx vs scaling-you'll get there. Right now, you're building a better engine and the horsepower is revving, brother!!

post-52397-ace-ventura-its-alive-gif-Img

Wolf

2nd workout up this afternoon! Very curious to what it's gonna be, it couldn't be much more awefull than tuesday... BUT looking forward, hopefully it's a little more weight orientated.

16 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

thumb-up-smiley.png

Great going at XFit.

Thanx, it was a lot of fun to do, and i think i impressed the regulars, even with my scaled workout.

11 hours ago, Agnarr said:

That used to happen to me all the time. Now I've learned to gauge my skills against the RX before going head first into the WOD  (most days). And then there are those sweet sweet days when I go RX and don't die.

@mr_willes congratulations on the HSPU! 

yeah, it does hit my ego a bit. I just want to pull it off VS i just don't want to do die yet... So i'm guessing the first steps are gonna be quite humbling.

Thanx, now i'm aiming for 2 HSPU in a row!

#####

Yesterday i did a lifting workout, the plan was to do some Deadlifts, some Squats, the regular pullup/chinup and farmwalks, and for variation some Bi/Tri.

• During deadlifting, TIRED!!! Ugh, i think i still had a bit of Kelly in my legs...
  • Squats weren't much better.
  • Tried the first pullup, apparently i have some core-doms, ouch they weren't happening (tried chinups, same problem, i have been told there is this thing called abs...)
  • Farmerwalks got super heavy super fast, last one wasn't manageable so i shortened the round.
  • Bi's Tri's, left on the program, i started with Bi's last time so now i did Tri's first... and not only first but also last...

Deadlift:

1x5@Plates

1x5@67.5

1x5@75

4x8@82.5

1x9@82.5

Squat:

1x5@BAR

1x5@37.5

1x5@57.5

1x5@70

4x8@80

1x9@82.5

Pullup:1

Chinup: 1

Farmerwalk:

2x50@35m

2x50@35m

2x50@15m

Tri's:

1x5@BAR

1x5@25

1x5@30

Dropset:

1x20@35

1x20@32.5

1x20@30

1x20@27.5

1x20@25

giphy.gif

Day: 16/35

Lifting: Week 0: VVX / Week 1: VVV / Week 2: VVO / Week 3: OOO / Week 4: OOO

Crossfit: Week 0: VX / Week 1: VX / Week 2: VO / Week 3: OO / Week 4: OO

Running: Week 0: V / Week 1: X / Week 2: O / Week 3: O / Week 4: O

Rest: Week 0: VVV / Week 1: VVV / Week 2: O / Week 3: O / Week 4: O

Week 0: -2 / Week 1: -2 / Week 2: / Week 3: / Week 4: 

Beers (6): Week 0: VVXVXXX / Week 1: VVVVXXX / Week 2: VVVOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

B.Fast(6): Week 0: XVVVVVV / Week 1: VVVVVVV / Week 2: VVVOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Lunch(5): Week 0: VVVVVXV / Week 1: VVVVVVX / Week 2: VVVOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Dinner(5): Week 0: XVVXVVX / Week 1: VVVVVXX / Week 2: VVVOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Extras(6): Week 0: VXXVVXV / Week 1: VVVVVXX / Week 2: VVVOOOO / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Week 0: -5 / Week 1: -3 / Week 2: / Week 3: / Week 4: 

Yesterdays X's explained:

• 4edc09a93153f9d65edde0015dcf8a00_pop-col
    cause A workout is better than no workout, right?
  • Like 6

On 5/2/2017 at 6:39 AM, mr_willes said:

This happened friday...

#beastmodeactivated

On 5/3/2017 at 1:59 PM, RhiaWolfe said:

I have trouble tailoring things to my skill/fitness level. I try to do everything perfect and would end up passing out or throwing up. Ugh... That perfectionist mentality... lol. 

On 5/3/2017 at 2:12 PM, mr_willes said:

^^ Yep. I was lucky enough to have great coaches during my brief dip into the Crossfit world. If they hadn't of been so attentive I'd definitely have died more than a little, 'cause I tried to throw myself in there right away too!

• Like 3

I liked the first coach of ROAR well enough, but he didn't really give me specific scaling options, the very first class with the instructor I have now I knew I wanted to swap to that class instead because he asked about injuries and immediately gave me a scaled version of two exercises and wrote them on the board, plus came over to check my form throughout to make sure I wasn't going to hurt myself :D kicking butt (and getting your butt kicked) with the crossfit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 4/26/2017 at 2:36 AM, mr_willes said:

It was mostly a technique lesson (6/8) getting the foundation of the snatch. We used a PVC pipe to learn the movement, it was chopped up in different parts (the lesson, not the pipe), covered very much different things like the bottom part, hang snatch, high hang snatch, changing position of the feet getting under the bar etc. I felt really solid in doing the movement at the end. Now i'm gonna try some snatches with an empty bar tonight during my lifting session.

SnatchGame.jpg

On 4-5-2017 at 7:38 PM, iatetheyeti said:

#beastmodeactivated

^^ Yep. I was lucky enough to have great coaches during my brief dip into the Crossfit world. If they hadn't of been so attentive I'd definitely have died more than a little, 'cause I tried to throw myself in there right away too!

Beastmode... i'm not sure about that. I feel more like Carebear-mode activated, still a bit more fluffy and lovable than a beast... Ain't nothing wrong with doing that, i started with Kickfun that way, as long as you don't get hurt in the progress. You learn pretty quick to scale things out that way ;) 

On 5-5-2017 at 10:32 AM, Yasha92 said:

I liked the first coach of ROAR well enough, but he didn't really give me specific scaling options, the very first class with the instructor I have now I knew I wanted to swap to that class instead because he asked about injuries and immediately gave me a scaled version of two exercises and wrote them on the board, plus came over to check my form throughout to make sure I wasn't going to hurt myself :D kicking butt (and getting your butt kicked) with the crossfit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, i do get some subtle hints every now and then... "Are you sure you are gonna use that weight for frontsquat? You know you also have to clean it first!" And i really have to stop comparing it to my powerlifting, doing this stuff as part of a workout is nothing like dedicating time for sets.

On 6-5-2017 at 11:00 PM, maegs said:

SnatchGame.jpg

This reminded me about this hilarious scene from a gameshow...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor cuntflaps gif

"Poor assistant..."

######

Thursday was my second CF class, and it was a special day. It was a (holi)day publicly dedicated to the fallen heroes in WWII. The box found it accordingly to do a hero workout, apparantly rather randomly picked was Bulger.

“Bulger” (HERO WOD)
Ten rounds for time:
150 meter run
7 CTB pull-ups
7 front squats (135/95)
7 HSPU

Ofcourse i scaled it down a bit.

CTB: band assisted

Front squats: 95 lbs (42.5kg)

HSPU: Hand release pushups

With the timecap of 30 minutes i got 8 rounds in, mainly because i just suck at the pullups and wanted to get them over with too fast, which resulted in a lot of missed reps.

Again the same thing at the end of the classes, classmates telling i was "in luck" to hit this WOD and "Kelly" in my first week.

I skipped my lifting workout cause i had such a busy schedule all friday and saturday...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor boo gif 

I did do a run on sunday, i set out to go for 9K but it became a 7k #shitbreak... together with my one of my mates who is running the SV

Specific prepping for the StrongViking. The run started of pretty easy as we had to do a little over a K to get to the interesting part, a 2.5k section of MTB track. This lead almost up to our viewing point tower, which we climbed (8 stairs of 18 steps) up and down. After that we about 1.5K through the "Sahara" which is what we call a piece of natureland near us where there is a lot of dessert-sand.

Spoiler

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor uitkijktoren lommel

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sahara lommel

I was pretty wasted at the end, but we did it in 45 minutes which i found pretty respectable.

Day: 21/35

Lifting: Week 0: VVX / Week 1: VVV / Week 2: VVX / Week 3: OOO / Week 4: OOO

Crossfit: Week 0: VX / Week 1: VX / Week 2: VV / Week 3: OO / Week 4: OO

Running: Week 0: V / Week 1: X / Week 2: V / Week 3: O / Week 4: O

Rest: Week 0: VVV / Week 1: VVV / Week 2: VV / Week 3: O / Week 4: O

Week 0: -2 / Week 1: -2 / Week 2: -1 / Week 3: / Week 4: 

Beers (6): Week 0: VVXVXXX / Week 1: VVVVXXX / Week 2: VVVVVXV / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

B.Fast(6): Week 0: XVVVVVV / Week 1: VVVVVVV / Week 2: VVVVVVV / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Lunch(5): Week 0: VVVVVXV / Week 1: VVVVVVX / Week 2: VVVVVVV / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Dinner(5): Week 0: XVVXVVX / Week 1: VVVVVXX / Week 2: VVVVVVX / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Extras(6): Week 0: VXXVVXV / Week 1: VVVVVXX / Week 2: VVVVXXX / Week 3: OOOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Week 0: -5 / Week 1: -3 / Week 2: +2 / Week 3: / Week 4: 

Last weekends X's explained:

• Beers: Though within range i had a few beers at a party on saturday, took some willpower to not drink on friday and sunday as well as there was a local runevent where my son ran, and another party on sunday.
  • Breakfast: This went pretty good, not all days were my usual yoghurt/protein bfasts all were pretty healthy, usually the variance included some bread with some meat.
  • Lunch: Here goes the same as for breakfast, in the weekend i end up doing some bread with eggs or meat, but pretty healthy nonetheless.
  • Dinner: Only sunday was a bit of a problem. I started of right, subbing the takeout for some leftover spag bol. Which i had a rather large portion. So if i had left it at that it would be awesome, unfortunately, the plate the kids shared wasn't even half eaten, and i finished that too. Still it was in my one allowed variance.
  • Extra's: Midnight munchies killed me here. And the fact i kept a strict recording. I finished a small portion of cake my youngest couldn't finish, it was next to nothing, but still i count it as extra. And i always have these uncontrollable munchies when i wake up after having fallen asleep on the couch, which meant i devoured a large cookie on friday night.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Love that SV prepping with the tower and sandy area. Hat's off for you two tackling that.

Thanx Elize! I felt pretty good about it at the end, if i wasn't "interrupted we would have made it to the 9K we set out to run

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mr_willes said:

I was pretty wasted at the end, but we did it in 45 minutes which i found pretty respectable.

With those stairs, very respectable time. It makes me wish I had something like that to train on... well maybe I'm glad not to have it there taunting me to climb it. 

• Like 2

Poor assistant is right, having to keep it together, I would have died laughing right there

11 hours ago, mr_willes said:

"in luck"

tumblr_mf5s0vlkqO1rbn1qw.gif

• Like 3

On 5/8/2017 at 2:22 AM, mr_willes said:

Beastmode... i'm not sure about that. I feel more like Carebear-mode activated, still a bit more fluffy and lovable than a beast... Ain't nothing wrong with doing that, i started with Kickfun that way, as long as you don't get hurt in the progress. You learn pretty quick to scale things out that way ;) 

This seems very wise, especially when you are talking about your neck.

That tower looks really cool.  Are the lines on the sides for decoration only, or do people actually climb them?

On 8-5-2017 at 7:20 PM, jonfirestar said:

With those stairs, very respectable time. It makes me wish I had something like that to train on... well maybe I'm glad not to have it there taunting me to climb it. 

You have to think in options, that piece of desert and the tower aren't taunting me, but if i want to spice things up, i have the ability. And spicing up sure happens, every time i hit the stairs i start with a jog upstairs, and every time i try to slow that down to just climbing just a few steps higher.

11 hours ago, Moros said:

This seems very wise, especially when you are talking about your neck.

That tower looks really cool.  Are the lines on the sides for decoration only, or do people actually climb them?

Yeah the neck is quite a crucial part of the body isn't it. At least i have been taught to take good care of it. But when i see some others doing HSPU i get shivers all over...

######

Yesterday i was just too busy to update. Project at work is out of the pilot phase, so i hope at the start of June i will be mostly done.

So Monday i did a lifting workout, where i decisively chose not to to any accessories. Doing the big 3 in one workout, and with a CF lesson the next day i thought it would be best not to murder my arms afterwards (with pullups and famerwalks).

Deadlift:

1x5@57.5

1x3@75

1x3@85

2x8@92.5

1x12@92.5

BenchPress:

1x5@17.5

1x5@27.5

1x5@37.5

1x3@45

1x3@50

2x8@55

1x12@55

Squat:

1x5@17.5

1x5@37.5

1x5@57.5

1x3@75

1x3@82.5

2x8@90

1x10@90

Not bad for regular lifting day.

Yesterday i went to the CF lesson, and i had to smile when i saw the technique part was different versions of the pullups. I got a lot better at the kipping movement, still only halfway through my hands (calluses) felt fried. And today i'm feeling my arms of the 10x5 we did (1x5 pullups, 3x5 seated ring pullups 5x5 negatives).

WOD:

12" AMRAP (12 minutes As Much Reps As Possible)

5x G2O TNG 50/35 (Ground 2 Overhad, Touch_N_Go)

5x DU/TU (Double Under / Triple Unders)

Score: 10 rounds + 5 G2O (30KG BB / DU)

This was the first AMRAP i'm attempting and i didn't want to go overboard on the weight. So i ended up with a 30 kg barbell. Which went pretty easy and i should have done 35 kg just to keep to the advertised weights. Somehow i'm really getting the hang on the double-unders, I found out i can pretty easily do alternating single unders / double unders stringed together, this helped massively in getting this much rounds.

Day: 23/35

Lifting: Week 0: VVX / Week 1: VVV / Week 2: VVX / Week 3: VOO / Week 4: OOO

Crossfit: Week 0: VX / Week 1: VX / Week 2: VV / Week 3: VO / Week 4: OO

Running: Week 0: V / Week 1: X / Week 2: V / Week 3: O / Week 4: O

Rest: Week 0: VVV / Week 1: VVV / Week 2: VV / Week 3: O / Week 4: O

Week 0: -2 / Week 1: -2 / Week 2: -1 / Week 3: / Week 4: 

Beers (6): Week 0: VVXVXXX / Week 1: VVVVXXX / Week 2: VVVVVXV / Week 3: VVOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

B.Fast(6): Week 0: XVVVVVV / Week 1: VVVVVVV / Week 2: VVVVVVV / Week 3: VVOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Lunch(5): Week 0: VVVVVXV / Week 1: VVVVVVX / Week 2: VVVVVVV / Week 3: VVOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Dinner(5): Week 0: XVVXVVX / Week 1: VVVVVXX / Week 2: VVVVVVX / Week 3: VVOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Extras(6): Week 0: VXXVVXV / Week 1: VVVVVXX / Week 2: VVVVXXX / Week 3: VVOOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Week 0: -5 / Week 1: -3 / Week 2: +2 / Week 3: / Week 4: 

Last days X's explained:

• tenor.gif
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, mr_willes said:

Somehow i'm really getting the hang on the double-unders, I found out i can pretty easily do alternating single unders / double unders stringed together, this helped massively in getting this much rounds.

Teach me your ways! I can do that, sometimes, and then immediately loose the ability to do just one 

3 hours ago, maegs said:

Teach me your ways! I can do that, sometimes, and then immediately loose the ability to do just one 

Yeah i don't really know... I did a bit of ropeskipping at home, but not much usually about 100 singles as a warmup for lifting. Now at the Box we got a speedrope and they taught us how to Double Under. I focus on getting some height (without bending the knees a lot) on the single and next use the wrist to accelerate the rope. So what i'm now getting is a double under followed by a "recovery"-single so i can do another double under again. Works pretty nifty, and going for a total of 5 DU's per set was no problem this way.

Yesterday i read something about tapering and thought it wouldn't be bad to start doing that in preparation for the Strongviking in 9 days. So i didn't lift yesterday. Which reduce my planned workouts this week from 6 to 5 (monday i did lifting, tuesday CF, today CF, friday lifting and sunday another trial run). Next week i will be only doing CF on tuesday and thursday, and ofcourse the StrongViking on saturday.

Since i made it a rest day yesterday i could join my oldest on his swimming lesson. Had to use a tremendous amount of willpower not to order a fine belgian beer at the cafetaria, cause they got a wide selection and i had about an hour to kill. Still i switched it up for a diet-coke.

Day: 24/35

Lifting: Week 0: VVX / Week 1: VVV / Week 2: VVX / Week 3: VOO / Week 4: OOO

Crossfit: Week 0: VX / Week 1: VX / Week 2: VV / Week 3: VO / Week 4: OO

Running: Week 0: V / Week 1: X / Week 2: V / Week 3: O / Week 4: O

Rest: Week 0: VVV / Week 1: VVV / Week 2: VV / Week 3: V / Week 4: O

Week 0: -2 / Week 1: -2 / Week 2: -1 / Week 3: / Week 4: 

Beers (6): Week 0: VVXVXXX / Week 1: VVVVXXX / Week 2: VVVVVXV / Week 3: VVVOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

B.Fast(6): Week 0: XVVVVVV / Week 1: VVVVVVV / Week 2: VVVVVVV / Week 3: VVVOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Lunch(5): Week 0: VVVVVXV / Week 1: VVVVVVX / Week 2: VVVVVVV / Week 3: VVVOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Dinner(5): Week 0: XVVXVVX / Week 1: VVVVVXX / Week 2: VVVVVVX / Week 3: VVVOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Extras(6): Week 0: VXXVVXV / Week 1: VVVVVXX / Week 2: VVVVXXX / Week 3: VVVOOOO / Week 4: OOOOOOO

Week 0: -5 / Week 1: -3 / Week 2: +2 / Week 3: / Week 4: 

Last days X's explained:

• 14185212UtNF3Va6.gif
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, mr_willes said:

Last days X's explained:

• 14185212UtNF3Va6.gif

Ha! Pinocchio - the most disturbing Disney movie ever! 

For your taper week, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to try and get a short run in mid-week. Just something to shake the cobwebs off the legs so they don't scream "Argh! what are you doing, I wasn't prepared for this!" as you sprint off the start line!

• Like 1

I'm only going on my own experience here, but I find if I don't run for nearly a week, my legs seem to take forever to get moving properly at the beginning of a race! It's like they've forgotten what to do and it takes about 2-3k for me to hit my stride. Maybe I'm just not conditioned enough!

• Like 1

Tapering is a good idea. I'd jog Wednesday and Friday - short and light Friday - to keep the legs fresh. I'd also scale back CF on Thursday.

ETA: I don't have much recent running experience, I'm generalizing my bike racing experience.
  • Like 2