Maigahane Dies at the End

Maigs

Wednesday

Cardio - Nope. It was raining so I couldn't ride my bike to work and it hailed between work and gaming so no run or walk

Strength - Nope. And I just checked and the climbing wall class page is still down. I'm trying guys

Stretching - Nope

Food -  Ugh. 2500cals of not that great choices. I got M&M's at work, ate two spoonfuls of peanutbutter after work, got Taco Bell for dinner since I didn't pre-prep a meal that could be done in time for gaming, and ate some candy that someone brought to share. I still wanted to snack when we got home but it was late and the only snack food we have is chips which didn't sound appealing. Oh, and lunch was leftover chinese takeout from Tuesday when the kitchen was too messy to cook in *glares in general direction of Hub's work* (he has cleaned it now)

*Repeat to self* - Wednesdays need planned ahead. Wednesdays need planned ahead. Wednesdays need planned ahead

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Maigahane said:

I'll be looking into kettlebells workout over the next weekish.
I've seen your WOW's and they kinda scare me. I guess that means I should give them a try :)

6 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Me, when I read one of @EricMN's WOWs

giphy.gif

Lawd, you people are just flirting with me right out in the open and everything.

• Like 4

Rebel Scum - Current Challenge - Battle Log - Epic Quest

57 minutes ago, EricMN said:

Lawd, you people are just flirting with me right out in the open and everything.

L7rulYj.jpg

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Thursday....for the sake of honesty

Cardio - Nope. No excuses, it just didn't happen

Strength - Nope. BUT I finally was able to get to the climbing class registration page this morning. Apparently the page wasn't down, just the link I was trying to go through was bad. So I'm signed up for a class on 5/4

Stretching - Nope

Food - I didn't track at all yesterday but I just added up everything I ate and it was actually less than I expected. 2300cals. Quite a bit of bad choices (snacks were 850cal and none of them were healthy)

Yesterday I had a really off day and couldn't convince myself to accomplish much of anything, either personal or work related. I feel silly writing this now because I'm feeling back to normal, but I think I may be dealing with very mild depression. In the numb, can't get myself to care form, not the sad form. When does it become appropriate to talk to a therapist/counselor? I'm certainly not a danger to myself but I've had problems for the last year or so getting myself to care about work enough to do more than the absolute minimum and I realized last night I don't really find joy in anything anymore. I do things because I'm supposed to, not because I want to but I can't really think of anything I want to do.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Maigahane said:

When does it become appropriate to talk to a therapist/counselor? I'm certainly not a danger to myself but I've had problems for the last year or so getting myself to care about work enough to do more than the absolute minimum and I realized last night I don't really find joy in anything anymore. I do things because I'm supposed to, not because I want to but I can't really think of anything I want to do.

Sounds like it is appropriate for you to go and talk to someone. Self destructiveness comes in more than one flavour. I'd gently encourage you to try talk it out. It can help a lot. 

• Like 2

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

7 hours ago, Maigahane said:

Yesterday I had a really off day and couldn't convince myself to accomplish much of anything, either personal or work related. I feel silly writing this now because I'm feeling back to normal, but I think I may be dealing with very mild depression. In the numb, can't get myself to care form, not the sad form. When does it become appropriate to talk to a therapist/counselor? I'm certainly not a danger to myself but I've had problems for the last year or so getting myself to care about work enough to do more than the absolute minimum and I realized last night I don't really find joy in anything anymore. I do things because I'm supposed to, not because I want to but I can't really think of anything I want to do.

When is it appropriate to talk to a professional? It's always appropriate to talk to a professional. You don't have to be in some danger first. Most people would agree that waiting that long is waiting too long. Mental health issues don't have to be critical before they should be dealt with. Make sure you take care of you.

• Like 3

Thanks guys. I'm not the type that thinks that going to therapy means you're broken, but it does feel like you're supposed to be in worse shape than I am to need it. But I've been in this numb state for a while. I found this that I wrote in July 2015:

Honestly, neither of us really have any hobbies and I kind of worry that we're mildly depressed. But neither of us have been able to come up with ideas for things to do outside of the house that sounds like fun. We're both very introverted so hanging around people is just work.

Of course the last couple of days have been worse than normal anyway and yesterday a internet friend lost his dog in vaguely similar circumstances to me losing mine 3 years ago which sent me bawling and today I read Patton Oswalt's FB post on surviving the last year without his wife (cue more bawling). I'm so fucking glad it's Friday and I don't have to slog through work for a couple of days

I'll work on getting something set up as soon as (I promise this is not as morbid as it will seem!) I finished getting my new life insurance policy set up. One of my steps to make it easier to leave my job if I get too frustrated with it is to get life insurance that's not tied to working there. I'm in the process of applying for a larger policy, that's cheaper, and won't go away when I stop working there. One of the questions they asked in the application is if I've been treated for mental health issues so I figure it's best to have the new policy finalized before that shows up in my medical records.

• Like 4
50 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Thanks guys. I'm not the type that thinks that going to therapy means you're broken, but it does feel like you're supposed to be in worse shape than I am to need it. But I've been in this numb state for a while. I found this that I wrote in July 2015:

Of course the last couple of days have been worse than normal anyway and yesterday a internet friend lost his dog in vaguely similar circumstances to me losing mine 3 years ago which sent me bawling and today I read Patton Oswalt's FB post on surviving the last year without his wife (cue more bawling). I'm so fucking glad it's Friday and I don't have to slog through work for a couple of days

I'll work on getting something set up as soon as (I promise this is not as morbid as it will seem!) I finished getting my new life insurance policy set up. One of my steps to make it easier to leave my job if I get too frustrated with it is to get life insurance that's not tied to working there. I'm in the process of applying for a larger policy, that's cheaper, and won't go away when I stop working there. One of the questions they asked in the application is if I've been treated for mental health issues so I figure it's best to have the new policy finalized before that shows up in my medical records.

Talking to a counsellor shouldn't affect your health insurance, but I understand wanting to get your insurance first. There is nothing like going through those questionnaires to make a perfectly healthy individual feel like a walking time bomb.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

21 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Talking to a counsellor shouldn't affect your health insurance, but I understand wanting to get your insurance first. There is nothing like going through those questionnaires to make a perfectly healthy individual feel like a walking time bomb.

It's not my health insurance, it's life insurance so different rules. They specifically asked if I've been treated for anxiety or depression otherwise I wouldn't have thought of it as an issue either

Friday....again for the sake of honesty

Cardio - Nope. No excuses, it just didn't happen

Strength - Nope.

Stretching - Nope

Food - I didn't track at all yesterday but lets just say food included doughnuts (yes, plural), cookies, and pizza.

Yesterday was a bit of a rough day again. I managed to mostly finish the last of the tax returns (why yes, taxes were due Tuesday, some people really like to procrastinate for no reason) and played Mice & Mystics.

I noticed a couple of things that my be coincidence but my last few bad days have happened when I've had more caffeine than normal and when I don't exercise at all. Does caffeine and/or laziness cause the bad moods or vice versa? I'm not sure but I'm going to experiment with it. Today I limited my caffeine, put 10 miles on the bike, and didn't have to work and I'm in a great mood. If it weren't game night (we're in the middle of food break, I'm not being rude :P ) I might even try to work out.

While waiting for our food before gaming I saw complimented a woman on her 5k the Hard Way shirt that I'm also wearing. Ended up talking to her and her husband for a while about OCR's. He did the Spartan Trifecta last year and she's trying for it this year. They'll be at a lot of the races I'm signed up for this year so I'll probably see them around

• Like 4
On 4/23/2017 at 0:20 AM, Maigahane said:

I noticed a couple of things that my be coincidence but my last few bad days have happened when I've had more caffeine than normal and when I don't exercise at all. Does caffeine and/or laziness cause the bad moods or vice versa?

I'm not sure about caffeine, but I know that exercise can help with depression, endorphins and all that. I know that my mood really suffers if I don't exercise for a few days.

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

On 23/04/2017 at 0:20 AM, Maigahane said:

Does caffeine and/or laziness cause the bad moods or vice versa?

Laziness for me does create a general apathy towards everything if left long enough.

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

I'm not sure about caffeine, but I know that exercise can help with depression, endorphins and all that. I know that my mood really suffers if I don't exercise for a few days.

34 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Laziness for me does create a general apathy towards everything if left long enough.

The longer I'm stationary the harder it is to get me moving. Sometimes on the weekend I have to make myself get up and go grocery shopping just because it gets my ass moving and then I'm good to be productive and do some domestic rangering, otherwise I can spend all day on the couch.

But the couple of days last week were beyond the normal apathy and I actually wasn't that lazy. I still took my walk at lunch and got over 7500 steps both days

I will say I don't think I've ever been in a bad mood after a bike ride so I'm focusing on those :) I've put 50 miles on my bike since last Sunday

• Like 4

Saturday

Cardio - ~10 miles on a bike round trip to go to a bike maintenance class. I got some good information plus a pleasant bike ride :)

Strength - Nope.

Stretching - Nope

Food - I didn't track because I had foods that were hard to track. They gave out doughnuts at the bike class and we got a very late lunch at a restaurant that doesn't post calories. Overall calories probably weren't too bad since our late lunch was so late and large that we didn't end up eating dinner

Sunday

Cardio - ~13 miles on the bike to change out library books

Strength - Nope.

Stretching - Nope

Food - I didn't track again. I still had half my sandwich from Saturday, I stopped by the Walgreens by the library and bought clearance Easter candy and some granola-type bars. Dinner was Acorn squash with rice and craisins and some Halo Top ice cream right before bed. Probably not too bad overall.

Hubs cleaned the entire house while I was gone (he even mopped!) which was very nice of him and then we had a couple of friends over for board games

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Maigahane said:

But the couple of days last week were beyond the normal apathy and I actually wasn't that lazy. I still took my walk at lunch and got over 7500 steps both days

I really get that. Felt that way the beginning of last Summer. I was hitting 10k steps on my fitbit but I just didn't care about anything. It was only a matter of time before I gave up on walking after that.

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

A couple of tactical changes:

Snacks: It pains me to do it but I'm trying out individually wrapped snacks. I bought a package of fruit & nut bars and some 100calorie raw nut packs. The fruit & nut bars are yummy but don't seem to trigger my sugar cravings that would end up with me eating the entire box in a day or two like if I tried granola bars. So the plan is that I eat the bar before lunch and the nuts after lunch. This adds 250-300 calories during the day which helps me with eating more calories earlier instead of a bigger dinner. Having these to look forward to might also kill off the "fuck it's only 10am/2pm and I thought of food (even if I'm not actually that hungry) and now I can't wait until lunch/quitting time and I can't concentrate anymore" cycles that tend to happen at work which then result in a lack of desire to actually work

Caffeine: I had previously cut my caffeine consumption in half from 480mg/day to 240mg/day (don't judge me...). My bad days recently have been on days when I said fuck it and drank the 480mg again. Did I say fuck it because I was having a depressive mood day or did the extra caffeine throw me into a negative spiral? I really don't know. But it's a good excuse to cut the caffeine again. So starting yesterday I'm down to 120mg/day. Did I mention that my head hurts today?

Exercise: Still struggling with this but I do really enjoy walking and biking. It's no struggle to get myself to walk at lunch and again in the evening with Hubs and Flufferbutt. As long as the weather is good it's not a struggle to get out on the bike either. I would have been much more convenient to stop at the library when I did my grocery shopping this weekend but I purposely separated them so I could get a nice ride in. And what the hell was I going to do with that extra hour anyway? Sit in front of the tv probably. I'm going to try working @EricMN's OCR WOWs into my schedule soon. I need to compile them into an easy to find place so I'm not scrolling through the OCR Accountability thread to find them. I'm planning on doing one either today or tomorrow (I need to do some food prep tonight so we'll see how much time I get)

• Like 3

Yeah, it just makes my inner frugal hippie die a little at the waste of it :( But you gotta do what you gotta do when fighting these battles

I bought these little miniature cups of applesauce at the store because they were on sale. They were super convenient, but every time I threw out each one of the cups I felt guilty.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Monday

Cardio - 5.5 miles on the bike plus a pair of walks that put me at 14.5k steps

Strength - @EricMN's WOW#1. I only did half the pushups and squats, modified burpees, and dumbbell rows instead of pullups/variations, but it wore me out. My heart was pounding and my legs were shaky. Today my glutes already hurt so I might be in trouble tomorrow

Stretching - Yup, did stretches after the WOW

Food - I did well! ~1500cals of all good choices. The bar worked well yesterday and I didn't want to maul the package for more later. And I got my make ahead burritos prepped so I have healthy, slightly higher calorie breakfasts for the week.

• Like 3

Monday

Cardio - 5.5 miles on the bike plus a pair of walks that put me at 14.5k steps

Strength - @EricMN's WOW#1. I only did half the pushups and squats, modified burpees, and dumbbell rows instead of pullups/variations, but it wore me out. My heart was pounding and my legs were shaky. Today my glutes already hurt so I might be in trouble tomorrow

Stretching - Yup, did stretches after the WOW

Food - I did well! ~1500cals of all good choices. The bar worked well yesterday and I didn't want to maul the package for more later. And I got my make ahead burritos prepped so I have healthy, slightly higher calorie breakfasts for the week.

Great job modifying the workout to your own ability. Whatever challenges you is exactly what you should be doing. Great start to your week!

• Like 1

Following!!! I remember when you were struggling to decide if you were going to take all these on or not and NOW IT'S HERE!!!!

• Like 1

WEEK 1 - H2O X X X | FOOD X X X X | ZUMBA X | 
WEEK 2 - H2O
X ✓ ✓ XX️ X️  | FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️   | ZUMBA  | 
WEEK 3 - H2O 
X️ X️ ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️X️️| FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ X️️  X️ ️️| ZUMBA ️️ | 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
◽◽◽◽◽ | FOOD ◽◽◽◽◽️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

Challenges: 1 | 23 | 45 | 6 | 7 | 8Current
Find me on: MyFitnessPal & Fitbit  [[My Character]]   

There is a beast in every woman, and it stirs when you put a barbell in her hands.

❚█═══════█❚

Well, provided I can get Warrior Dash people to get back to me* we'll be transferring our registrations from the race this weekend to the one closer to home in July. Why? Well the high at the race is only supposed to be 54F. And we failed to get someone to watch the dog for us....partially due to procrastination (we didn't ask anyone until yesterday, oops). We could have him boarded but it would cost at least $100 and we really don't like boarding him.

I know I saw about 15 things going on this weekend locally that I was sad I was going to miss....now I have to try and remember what they were

*They have instructions in their FAQ's on how to transfer but they don't work. It tells me to hit a button that isn't there even though I tried it in two different browsers.

• Like 2
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:18 AM, EricMN said:

Great job modifying the workout to your own ability. Whatever challenges you is exactly what you should be doing. Great start to your week!

Yup, my glutes still hurt so it certainly challenged me. I'll try to do another one tonight or tomorrow (gaming tonight so I may not have time)

18 hours ago, tishnicden said:

Following!!! I remember when you were struggling to decide if you were going to take all these on or not and NOW IT'S HERE!!!!

I considered doing a lot more than I ended up signing up for. You should read my story below about how I accidentally ran 8ish miles in March (my fitbit guessed it was 10 but turned out to be closer to 8)

• Like 1

Tuesday

Cardio - Nope. Cold and rainy again. How did we go from cold and rainy, to beautiful sunny 70F's, back to cold and rainy in a week? We have a frost advisory tonight. I did get 8700 steps though

Strength - Nope, still suffering from Monday but in a good way

Stretching - Nope. probably should have but apparently I only think about it right after a workout, not the next day

Food - That didn't go so well. I was HUNGRY. And I forgot my carrots at home. So I ended up eating a couple extra granola bars because I was legitimately hungry. Then I got home and ate a couple of PB&J's before I remembered the carrots in the fridge. Then Hubs was really late getting home from work so we grabbed Taco Bell instead of cooking. I got a veggie power bowl at  ~450cals so that wasn't horrible. Didn't track and not sure I want to

Quarter Caffeine - Check! Ended up with a decent headache after lunch but other than that it went well

Warrior Dash - I got my registration switched over today (took less than 2 minutes on the phone, they're awesome!). So we won't be running a miserable race in the 30-55F weather this weekend, we'll be running a miserable race in the heat of a Nebraska July :) They let me keep our 9am start time even though the race is already 71% full so hopefully it's a nice temperature. I'm keeping my time off for Friday though cause I really want a three day weekend

• Like 3