Maigahane Dies at the End

Maigs

1 hour ago, Maigahane said:

You should read my story below about how I accidentally ran 8ish miles in March (my fitbit guessed it was 10 but turned out to be closer to 8)

That.... is awesome. 

• Like 1

WEEK 1 - H2O X X X | FOOD X X X X | ZUMBA X | 
WEEK 2 - H2O
X ✓ ✓ XX️ X️  | FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️   | ZUMBA  | 
WEEK 3 - H2O 
X️ X️ ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️X️️| FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ X️️  X️ ️️| ZUMBA ️️ | 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
◽◽◽◽◽ | FOOD ◽◽◽◽◽️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

Challenges: 1 | 23 | 45 | 6 | 7 | 8Current
Find me on: MyFitnessPal & Fitbit  [[My Character]]   

There is a beast in every woman, and it stirs when you put a barbell in her hands.

❚█═══════█❚

Wednesday

Cardio - Nope.

Strength - Nope.

Stretching - Nope.

Food - Pretty okay. My logged food came out to 1650cals, but I also ate some candy one of the friends brought to gaming, then had a few spoonfuls of Halo Top ice cream before bed. Probably under 2k total for the day so not bad and most of it was non-junk

Wednesday is gaming night so I'm stretched for time anyway but then yesterday I ran some quick errands after work which left me even less time. Tonight I'm going to make time for another WOW and hopefully a walk since today is supposed to get to 60F but then it drops and Sunday we have a projected high of 39F! In the midwest! The day before May! WTF? I want to take advantage of my three day weekend and get some exercise in but I really don't want to walk, run, or bike in 40F drizzle :( So I'll likely be sticking to indoor bodyweight stuff after today.

I'm really praying the weather gets a little better soon. I put my winter coat away last weekend and I had to take it out again this week, and I had to put the heating on in the bedroom last night. Thankfully it's a bit nicer today.

Good news that you got the race switched to a later date. I like it when races have a reasonable deferral policy.

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

49 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

I'm really praying the weather gets a little better soon. I put my winter coat away last weekend and I had to take it out again this week, and I had to put the heating on in the bedroom last night. Thankfully it's a bit nicer today.

Good news that you got the race switched to a later date. I like it when races have a reasonable deferral policy.

Last night our house was 64F so I told Hubs that we might have to turn the heat back on this weekend. It looks like it should warm up again next week which is good because the National Bike Challenge kicks off on Monday, which of course I signed up for. My city won last year, hoping we can do it again :)

I was so impressed at how easy it was to switch our registrations the week of the race. And with no transfer fee. They get a gold star in my book

• Like 3

Thursday

Cardio - Nope. I didn't even get my lunch walk in due to running errands though Hubs. Floof, and I did get out for a walk after dinner so I got 9k steps in.

Strength - Did EricMN's core WOW. Had to make more modifications (side planks, up & down planks, and hollow hold were not happening so I did regular planks) and I only managed 3 rounds. I somehow tweaked my shoulder. I noticed it with the flutter kicks (something about having my hands under my butt?) and it's part of the reason up & down planks weren't working. Then I'm pretty sure I slept on it and aggravated it so today it's bothering me
Stretching - Yuppers

Food - I think pretty good but I had to stop at the hippy grocery store deli for lunch and I have no idea how many calories were in the Jamaican Jerk Tempeh or the delicious scone. But the rest of my food was 1150cals so I'm probably in a good range.

Caffeine - stuck to 1/4 caff and managed to avoid a headache for the first time this week

• Like 4

Friday

Cardio - Nothing strenuous but I did take Floof out for a 3ish mile walk in that gross cold mistiness where there's no water drops but you get wet just being outside

Strength - Nope, rest day
Stretching - Nope
Food - Something like 2500cals. Nothing horrible but I was hungry so I ended up eating two servings of lunch and dinner
Caffeine - Check

And I'm very glad we decided to transfer our Warrior Dash race. I got this email today:

The National Weather Service is reporting severe storms in the area throughout this afternoon and evening, as well as all day tomorrow. We will not be reopening Warrior Dash Kansas City 2017 today or tomorrow due to these conditions. The safety of our participants, spectators and on-site staff is our top priority. On behalf of the entire Warrior Dash team, we'd like to thank you for your patience today.

• Like 1

Saturday

Cardio - Still cold and rainy so I went to the gym to get my steps in on the dreadmill. Did 45 minutes total, 25 of them running at a slow 5mph. Got 11k steps in for the day
Strength - Does holding the over-the-range microwave up while Hubs attached it to the cabinet count? That sucker was kinda heavy
Stretching - Nope
Food - Check. 1250cals of all good choices. A bit low for a day but averages well
Caffeine - Check! One week of 1/4 caffeine down and the headaches have subsided

I'm really enjoying this three day weekend of no plans. My house is clean, we've tackled a couple of small home improvement projects, and we've watched a ton of Archer. On the plate for today is playing some games, maybe hitting the gym again since it's still raining, and hopefully some reading

• Like 2

Sunday

Cardio - Still cold and rainy so I went back to the gym to get my steps in on the dreadmill. Didn't push myself to run as much since I'd just run the day before and might have an informal 5k today*. Did a total of 40 minutes with two 5 minute runs. Add on an extended shopping trip, and a walk in the evening when the rain finally stopped and I ended up with 17,600 steps for the day
Strength - In the middle of my dreadmill session I did some strength work! I did a total of 10 negative chinups, 15lbsx10x3 OHP, and 10x3 TRX rows. My arms are already mad at me
Stretching - Nope. Oops
Food - Check. About 1600cals, mostly good choices though I stupidly ate some snacks hubs bought that I don't particularly enjoy but they were both individual sized bags and he ate most of them.
Caffeine - Check!

*Hub's work puts on a thing every year where from March-October you add up all the k's of official races you run, and as long as you run in one of their unofficial ones you get a shirt based on how many k's you do. They have one today that I'm going to try an run in but it'll be a rush to get there in time after work. But I should qualify for the 50k shirt. Not sure if it jumps to 75k or 100k after that but I might be able to work in a 75k

Also, four day work weeks should really be a thing. Three day weekends without travel plans are amazing.

• Like 2

Week 1 Wrap up:

Cardio - Goal 3x/week, did 3 sessions

Strength - Goal 3x/week, did 2 sessions

Stretching - Goal 3x/week, did 2 sessions

Food - I did fairly well 4 days last week

Caffeine - I stuck to 120mg/day all 7 days!

My mood has been much better than it was in Week Zero but that's not saying much. I've also been more motivated to be on track than I have been for a while. Food and exercise have been much better this last week than they have been most of the winter.

• Like 3

Sounds like week one was a success! Great job!!! 

• Like 1

WEEK 1 - H2O X X X | FOOD X X X X | ZUMBA X | 
WEEK 2 - H2O
X ✓ ✓ XX️ X️  | FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️   | ZUMBA  | 
WEEK 3 - H2O 
X️ X️ ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️X️️| FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ X️️  X️ ️️| ZUMBA ️️ | 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
◽◽◽◽◽ | FOOD ◽◽◽◽◽️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

Challenges: 1 | 23 | 45 | 6 | 7 | 8Current
Find me on: MyFitnessPal & Fitbit  [[My Character]]   

There is a beast in every woman, and it stirs when you put a barbell in her hands.

❚█═══════█❚

3 hours ago, Maigahane said:

My mood has been much better than it was in Week Zero but that's not saying much. I've also been more motivated to be on track than I have been for a while. Food and exercise have been much better this last week than they have been most of the winter

These are all good things! I hope your mood keeps improving. A little sunshine will probably do everyone some good now that summer is on it's way. 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

24 minutes ago, tishnicden said:

Sounds like week one was a success! Great job!!! 

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

These are all good things! I hope your mood keeps improving. A little sunshine will probably do everyone some good now that summer is on it's way. 

If we could get some sunshine it would be nice. I actually don't mind rain and clouds*, but it's past time for it to be warm at least. I put up my hammock stand a while back and have only been able to use it once.

*I actually went a little crazy in the year I lived in Colorado because it doesn't rain there. I just really wanted a good thunderstorm. I need a mix of sun and rain apparently

2 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

*I actually went a little crazy in the year I lived in Colorado because it doesn't rain there. I just really wanted a good thunderstorm. I need a mix of sun and rain apparently

I could understand that. There is something quite amazing about a thunderstorm when the weather has been broiling you alive for a few weeks. I also think that a summer thunderstorm is one of the best smells in the world (is that weird? :P )

But yeah I just want a couple of weeks of good solid sunshine right now. 

• Like 3

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

6 hours ago, Maigahane said:

*Hub's work puts on a thing every year where from March-October you add up all the k's of official races you run, and as long as you run in one of their unofficial ones you get a shirt based on how many k's you do. They have one today that I'm going to try an run in but it'll be a rush to get there in time after work. But I should qualify for the 50k shirt. Not sure if it jumps to 75k or 100k after that but I might be able to work in a 75k

I added it up and I'm signed up for 62k in the time period and am definitely signing up for another 5k. If I run all the unofficial ones that Hub's work puts on (that I'm not out of town for) that's another 30k putting me at 97k. Unfortunately I just checked and the shirts jump from 50k to 100k and I'm not sure I'm quite that crazy yet.

• Like 3

If you would already at 97k, it's not that crazy to push for the 100k shirt. 

Well done on week 1, glad to hear you are feeling a bit more positive.

24 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

I could understand that. There is something quite amazing about a thunderstorm when the weather has been broiling you alive for a few weeks. I also think that a summer thunderstorm is one of the best smells in the world (is that weird? :P )

Not weird, I love the smell of a thunderstorm. I love the smell of the air after a summer rain storm too. 

• Like 3

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 

Monday

Cardio - Started out cold and rainy with even a bit of snow mixed in but by the time the unofficial run came around it was 63F and sunny and perfect for a run....except for the wind. I finished second! Out of 4 and the last two walked the whole thing. I did 5k in 39:xx but would have been faster if the last half of it weren't face first into the wind. Got 15k steps for the day
Strength - Nope. I struggled to wash and dry my hair last night my arms were so sore from Sundays' workout
Stretching - Not as much as I should have. Half points?
Food - Check. About 1450cals. I managed to limit myself to a single cookie (mainly because I held off until I was literally walking to bed and once I get in bed I don't get back out)
Caffeine - Check

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Maigahane said:

But am I crazy enough to run 6 of their unofficial 5ks to get me to 97k? If I get there then hell yeah I'll sign up for another 5k to get me the 100k shirt!

Sounds reasonable to me! But then I'll do any crazy challenge if it gets me a race shirt and/or bling. :D

Well done on the unofficial run in crazy weather!

• Like 2

2020 Races: 

23 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Sounds reasonable to me! But then I'll do any crazy challenge if it gets me a race shirt and/or bling. :D

Well done on the unofficial run in crazy weather!

I'll probably keep planning on running them but won't get too obsessed about them. I'm getting a shirt regardless since they give one at 25k and I'm already at 15k. It's just a question of do I end up with a 50k shirt or a 100k one?

It's amazing how much my weight can fluctuate even though I always weigh myself first thing in the morning naked

I've been bouncing around in a 5lbs range for the last 2-3 months and I went from the high end of the range Saturday, to the low end today. I'm 2.5lbs from the lowest I've weighed on this journey and 4lbs away from my initial goal. I was reminded again that I make the best progress on my weight when I a) eat like a reasonable person and (not or, and) b ) run. I know this, and have known it for years (when I first did C25k in 2013) but I get lazy and quit.

I have a non-scale victory. I'm not sure if I mentioned before, but a couple of months ago I had to stop wearing a spinner ring on my index finger because it got to be so big it would just fall off. Well today my fingers are being especially skinny (they swell and shrink more than seems normal) and I'm worried about how loose my wedding ring feels so I switched it over to my (slightly larger) right hand

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Maigahane said:

Well today my fingers are being especially skinny (they swell and shrink more than seems normal) and I'm worried about how loose my wedding ring feels so I switched it over to my (slightly larger) right hand

Nice!! That must feel pretty darn good. :D

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Tuesday

Cardio - Rode my bike to work (5.2mi roundtrip) then walked with hubs while he played disc golf (90ish minutes). Got 16k steps in for the day
Strength - Nope. I planned to but walking around the disc golf course sounded like more fun
Stretching - Nope, because I'm an idiot. My arm are still very sore. Periodically stretching them today
Food - Well....it would have been good if I didn't buy cookies from the vending machine for 450cals. Total was 2200cals, only the cookies were bad
Caffeine - Check

Why does everyone plan things on the same day? This weekend there's a few overlapping events I would like to go to Saturday afternoon (gaming, friend's party, a bike ride). Then next Thursday there's another bike ride at the same time as a women's biking party thingy at the LBS. Then on May 20th I have two OCR's and the LBS is putting on an overnight bike camping clinic. There's a 3/6/9/12 (you get to choose) hour trail run the same day as my favorite local OCR in June (which is the day before a long bike ride event). And there are two local OCR's on the same day/same time in August. This same thing happened last Saturday too (though most/all of the events ended up cancelled due to weather)

5 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Nice!! That must feel pretty darn good. :D

It feels really weird. I'm so used to having a ring on my left hand (13 years now) and not used to having one on my right so both hands feel off.

I rode my bike to work again today, but today I'm at my other office (5.3 miles away instead of 2.6). It's also about a mile from my gym so I brought my gym clothes (but not shoes, I ran out of room in my panniers) with me in case I decided to work out after work. But I just realized that in my effort to make everything fit in my panniers I didn't bring my purse, I just grabbed my wallet and phone and forgot my badge. It's a secured building (inside Hub's work) so I have to have the badge to get in. Well, lesson learned for next time. I might still ride there to try out the shortcut that avoids a nearly mile long cloverleaf....BUT (cause it's just my day) I just looked and instead of being sunny when I get off work like the forecast said this morning it's now showing a 70% chance of rain. Oh, and by the way, since I'm not in my normal office I have a file folder of documents that I brought with me and need again tomorrow at my regular office. My panniers are not waterproof. Here's hoping the rain holds off for me....

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Maigahane said:

Oh, and by the way, since I'm not in my normal office I have a file folder of documents that I brought with me and need again tomorrow at my regular office. My panniers are not waterproof. Here's hoping the rain holds off for me....

yeesh, I hope you make it out and keep dry!

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Hubs just sent me a message saying he'll pick me up if I need it. If it weren't for the paperwork I wouldn't really care about the rain. I'm tempted to have him grab that and I'll ride home since I don't really want to leave my bike here

It sort of depends on the kind of rain. Cycling in driving rain that restricts visibility to nil is kinda scary.

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler