• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck: How Do You Want to Do This?

5 hours ago, Jarric said:

I knew what this theme was going to be the second I read the title! Love it!

Welcome, our fellow Critter!! 

Did you see last weeks episode?  "Jugs and Rods".  It was HILARIOUS!!  

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Hmm, you want me to up and draw a werewolf now?   Dang man!   Boundaries be damned!  LOL.     I still owe you your Jedi- but lately, my Jedi drawing floon has been low.  I am currently in fantasy mode.   So maybe Lykos will come first.

You got this!  I was really just thinking it'd be something new and different for you.  You don't actually have to draw him if you don't want to.  

I maintained good form and got all reps in.

That's our Puck!  Do the thing right!  Well done.  

4TFHafI.jpg

Holy crap!  I'm jealous!  That's really freakin awesome. 

rXrQ7OQ.jpg

As a fellow owner of a black-on-black car, I approve your windshield cover!  

• Like 1

Ok so Friday night, Saturday recap...

source.gif

Friday night (after my first strength workout in like 3 weeks) I went home and mowed the lawn and bagged the clippings.  

Immediately after that I super-speed rearranged my room so I didn't have to do it later in the weekend.

Went to friends house and played Don't Starve.

BOXING MISERY

Saturday I woke up with sore glutes from the Deadlifts and lunges... ok no problem, it's just boxing.

Friend, on the way in, "I hope we don't do more squats today.:

Me, shocked, "Why would you squat in boxing?  There's no squatting in boxing!!"

Friend, "The one instructor has been giving us squats and burpees between rounds."

Me, now terrified, "Whhhhyyyy WHHYYYYY!?"

Class starts: Stretches, ok, cool.   Warm up - 5 rounds of: 20 squats, 10 push ups, 5 burpees.   Wat?!  WAT?

Ok, we get through that misery and get to the bags, thank god!!  PHEW!   Punch punch punch.  Jab jab jab,yeah, this feels great, look at bad ass me! 

After about 5 sets of stuff, he says, "Okay, to the mats, bicycles, and hollow holds, and crunches"... I whimper, but at least it's not squats.

Back to the bag, punch punch punch, jab cross jab, fun tiem! 

Annnnd this time, squats until I say hold!  Then hold until I say up!   OMG PAUSE SQUATS?!   Y U HATE US?

Back to the bag, and... 

the cool down was ... 5 rounds in 5 minutes of ... 5 push ups, finish the minute with squats, then 10 push ups and finish with squats, all the way up to 25 push ups and ...    OMG.

CONTINUED SELF-ABUSE

I got home after that, and my sis was starting the big yard project.   There was no way I couldn't help her with this.    Last year, our water line got choked out by roots so they dug up the front yard.   It was in Nov so we had to just leave it refilled with all that amazing Illinois CLAY dirt.     So, we had a roto-tiller, which I had to use to till up all the clay and crap.  (Thank god for that, but it was a forearm workout nonetheless.)    Then I did all the lifting of the bags of top soil... which we bought weeks ago, and which sat out in the rain.   40lb bags - soaking wet... are not 40lbs.     Moved 5 topsoil bags twice.  Moved the giant peat cube once.   Hauled the dirt, via wheelbarrow, out from the front yard to the back.   Shook the topsoil bags over the patch area like I was adding cinnamon to a baked good recipe.     Then helped put down the seed, and cover it all up with hay and wire.    It took about 3 hours.  Sooo, from 9am-1pm I was kicking my ass.

Went to Longhorn and had the yuckiest steak ever.  They doused it in butter.  IN BUTTER?!?!?!  ANd it was so tough the knife couldn't even cut it.   (and it was a rare-medium rare piece)  SOOOO MADDENINGLY DISAPPOINTING!    Also, made me feel not so great.    Finished up with a run to Target, and then reorganizing the gaming stuff area at my friends house.  Then watched a BUNCH of Fate Stay Unlimited Blade Works - omg, it's getting so sad and terrible.

Called it an early night and was in bed by 10:30.

Weekends are still kicking my ass food wise.   I end up doing SO MUCH, that I get starving, and eat things and then get sick from eating too much and then don't eat later, and then just have popcorn and cookies while watching anime.   I dunno how to work around this.

Today is potentially a hike (maybe a bike ride instead) and then gaming tonight where we have our first game in 3 weeks, and after our big drama fall out of last session.  I want to be excited for Star Wars night, but there is a lot of anxiety lurking too. 

• Like 6

I can't decide whether the boxing or the yard work sounds more brutal. :blink: Maybe it's not down to comparison. They both sound intense in their own specially brutal way. My sympathies for the DOMS. You're a beast though!

On the note of food, is it possible to lightly graze on foodstuffs as you go about your day so that you don't overdo it when you finally sit down to a meal? An apple here, spoonful or two of peanut or almond butter there, handfull of crackers or something, smashpack protein packs? http://www.target.com/p/smashpack-mixed-berry-protein-squeeze-pack-4-count/-/A-50724457 (which I think are delicious and wonderful to keep in your gym bag or whatever)

Having little bits of food over time and in between might be helpful.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

40lb bags - soaking wet... are not 40lbs. 

All I hear is you can deadlift way more than you have been deadlifting. :D 

10 minutes ago, Artemis Wolf said:

You're a beast though!

So much this.  

========================

Have fun with gaming!!  If push comes to shove, just use the damn lightsaber! 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Friend, "The one instructor has been giving us squats and burpees between rounds."

WUT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY NOOOOOOOOOOOO

giphy.gif

ANd it was so tough the knife couldn't even cut it. 

This is wrong. SO. WRONG.

Weekends are still kicking my ass food wise.   I end up doing SO MUCH, that I get starving, and eat things and then get sick from eating too much and then don't eat later, and then just have popcorn and cookies while watching anime.   I dunno how to work around this.

This is so me. I plan my week days well, and have blank spaces for weekends... and don't even know what I'm going to be doing until I get there! Then anything and everything that could go wrong surrounding a meal will! MADDENING. If you come up with a solution, I'm all ears

Today is potentially a hike (maybe a bike ride instead) and then gaming tonight where we have our first game in 3 weeks, and after our big drama fall out of last session.  I want to be excited for Star Wars night, but there is a lot of anxiety lurking too. 

Nothing like a little nature to calm the nerves! Hope it helps <3  Riding into week 1 like a BOSSSSSS

giphy.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

If you come up with a solution, I'm all ears

Just throwing this out there in a totally non-sarcastic fashion.  Wouldn't planning the weekends more specifically help?  Or at least batch cooking weekend meals or something? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oramac said:

Just throwing this out there in a totally non-sarcastic fashion.  Wouldn't planning the weekends more specifically help?  Or at least batch cooking weekend meals or something? 

Oh totally! And that's what we're *trying* to do... I guess it's just sort of the spontaneity that trips us up at least, plans and opportunities change on a dime and all that. But having plans in place is new for us, so hopefully that will be a winner!

(Today... is sort of going as planned? But also slightly not... lol :P Of course!) 

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:18 PM, Oramac said:

Welcome, our fellow Critter!! 

Did you see last weeks episode?  "Jugs and Rods".  It was HILARIOUS!!  

I started watching it a few months ago (thanks to your and Puck's references on here), but I'm trying to watch it through from the start so I'm waaaay behind. Currently on ep 43 - "Return to Vasselheim"

16 hours ago, Starpuck said:

CONTINUED SELF-ABUSE

That weekend sounds brutal! Top work though, sounds like you really killed it!

My condolences on the steak, that sounds awful.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jarric said:

I started watching it a few months ago (thanks to your and Puck's references on here), but I'm trying to watch it through from the start so I'm waaaay behind. Currently on ep 43 - "Return to Vasselheim"

Ahh the binge watching.  I had to do the same thing when I got caught up. It's worth it though.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Oramac said:

Ahh the binge watching.  I had to do the same thing when I got caught up. It's worth it though.  

I'm really enjoying it. With 3+ hours per episode though and another 60 or so to watch it might take me a while to get there!

• Like 2

Wow, talk about brutal! But the fact that you did all of that tells me that you're just that awesome!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 4/23/2017 at 9:45 AM, Artemis Wolf said:

I can't decide whether the boxing or the yard work sounds more brutal. :blink: Maybe it's not down to comparison. They both sound intense in their own specially brutal way. My sympathies for the DOMS. You're a beast though!

On the note of food, is it possible to lightly graze on foodstuffs as you go about your day so that you don't overdo it when you finally sit down to a meal? An apple here, spoonful or two of peanut or almond butter there, handfull of crackers or something, smashpack protein packs? http://www.target.com/p/smashpack-mixed-berry-protein-squeeze-pack-4-count/-/A-50724457 (which I think are delicious and wonderful to keep in your gym bag or whatever)

Having little bits of food over time and in between might be helpful.

I have thought of the small bits of food over time - I just find one of two things to happen.

1]  I can't find small foods that are not ridiculous in calories.

2]  I end up eating the small foods and then still ALL THE FOODS at the restaurant.     

Part of my goals for this challenge is to have 3 solid meals on Saturdays and Sundays.   Try to treat them more like regular week days, where I do very well with structured meals.   The trick will be like Oramac said, in planning ahead.

On 4/23/2017 at 9:57 AM, Oramac said:

All I hear is you can deadlift way more than you have been deadlifting. :D 

So much this. 

========================

Have fun with gaming!!  If push comes to shove, just use the damn lightsaber! 

I MIGHT be able to deadlift more than I have been - I need some form help before I do weights that could be problematic though haha.   Central Illinois Lifting and D&D meet up.  Now there are TWO reasons for us to plan this thing!  

On 4/23/2017 at 10:12 AM, RedStone said:

WUT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY NOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is wrong. SO. WRONG.

This is so me. I plan my week days well, and have blank spaces for weekends... and don't even know what I'm going to be doing until I get there! Then anything and everything that could go wrong surrounding a meal will! MADDENING. If you come up with a solution, I'm all ears

Nothing like a little nature to calm the nerves! Hope it helps <3  Riding into week 1 like a BOSSSSSS

Yus, I know.  It was so total BS if you ask me!!  Squats in Boxing.  Pfft!      I am the same way too, with the weekends.  It's like, I make some small plan, or outside adventure, and then it just shifts in the timing, or the length, or the food pattern gets zigged and then it's all screwed up!

Omg the bike ride was so amaze.

On 4/23/2017 at 11:38 AM, Oramac said:

My trouble is I plan too much already on weekends.   There's no opening for also batch cooking ON the weekend.   Another hurdle ... which sounds lame, but really isn't.   My roommates are hoarders.   Well the one is.  (My bro in law.)   There is quite honestly, not even a SPARE inch of space in the fridge, for me to use as my own little niche of space for things like batch cooking.    I do better at work, largely because the work fridge, (that holds 16 peoples items) has more space than our home fridge.

On 4/23/2017 at 0:49 PM, RedStone said:

Oh totally! And that's what we're *trying* to do... I guess it's just sort of the spontaneity that trips us up at least, plans and opportunities change on a dime and all that. But having plans in place is new for us, so hopefully that will be a winner!

(Today... is sort of going as planned? But also slightly not... lol :P Of course!) 

Yup!  Ditto here.  We got this.   New things to try!

12 hours ago, Jarric said:

That weekend sounds brutal! Top work though, sounds like you really killed it!

My condolences on the steak, that sounds awful.

I really wish I could find a way to catch up on them.   I just don't have the bandwith.   I suppose I could MAYBE put it on for volume, while I draw... but I bet I'd get distracted and end up just watching them.   Their reactions are as good as their voices!       Thanks for the cheering!  I killed it!  Yeah!   And the steak was killed too... boo.

3 hours ago, karinajean said:

HI THERE!

I think that dousing steak in butter is one of the secret finishing techniques of commercial steak houses / chains. http://edit2.thedailymeal.com/eat/secrets-great-steakhouses-0/slide-7

your zero week was awesome!!! can't wait to see you keep it up! :)

LADY!  HI!    I had a KarinaJean weekend, see see see?  :D  <3 

Stupid jerks and their stupid butter!

1 hour ago, Red1263 said:

Wow, talk about brutal! But the fact that you did all of that tells me that you're just that awesome!

D'awww.  Thanks Red.   I am pretty amazed I did what I did to be honest.

• Like 2

So... guys, guys!  Know what I did on Sunday?

A 20 mile, absolutely awesome bike ride!   Surprisingly, as sore as I was on Saturday, I felt a ton better on Sunday.  I did think that my body would tolerate a long, leisure bike ride better than a hike... and I was right.   The weather was great!  I even got a bit of sun-pink on my face and arms!

We loaded the bikes and went to the Fox River Trail, which, follows the ... wait for it.  Fox River!     Where we had a delightful ride, and found some beautiful scenery!    And this totally wicked awesome tree!   Which... I will use for picture posting!

Me and my best friend posing in the awesome tree!  I love how happy, and care-free and nature-girl-y I look in this pic!  Like I am just happy as a clam, hanging about in that awesome tree, with its awesome branches, on an awesome sunny day!  

18076638_10212578821055858_5269626972297

And now for a picture, I would normally be like "Omg, no, don't share that, it's not my best angle, it's terrible, staaahp!"

HvfRDV5.jpg

Starpuck Self Love:  I see a young woman who truly loves being outdoors and active.   I see strong, capable legs, with clear cut lines of muscle definition.    I see... shoes that need to be replaced because omg, I've run the tread off the center of those soles!   I see a bright smile; one that exudes genuine happiness in the moment.   And I see a Jedi tank top, that suggests she's a proud nerd, confident enough to show off her fandoms in skin-baring glory!

Bonus confidence pic.  (Gosh this feels a little narcissistic)  

But this one takes the most courage of all of them.  This is what I wore to boxing on Saturday morning!

Starpuck does not usually wear form fit gear.  And if she does, she sure as hell does not share them!!!

YRegDUc.jpg

And that's the start of week one and getting my Starpuck Affirmation pics done!   Woot!  I think I had that goal on the last four challenges, and this is the first post of that one that's made it up.   Hahaha!

Good things are coming this challenge, Good things.

• Like 6

Your pictures look so happy! I always feel like those pics that capture true smiles are so great.

That's also the perfect outfit for boxing and I'm proud of you for being brave enough to share it because you look great! I remember the first time I was brave enough to wear a sleeveless top for boxing. It felt good to break through all the crap in my head telling me I shouldn't because I "didn't look right".

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

YAY!!! SO glad Sunday proved to be fun!!!!

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I see a young woman who truly loves being outdoors and active.   I see strong, capable legs, with clear cut lines of muscle definition.   

Ummm. damn girl... I see some serious sexy leggage!!! Is it super inappropriate to wolfe whistle????? And dat smile! NO. Freakin. Joke. HAWT.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jarric said:

I'm really enjoying it. With 3+ hours per episode though and another 60 or so to watch it might take me a while to get there!

I feel your pain!  I know when I was getting caught up there were a couple days that I did nothing but watch Crit Role from like 8 am to 10 pm.  

5 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Seconded!

I MIGHT be able to deadlift more than I have been - I need some form help before I do weights that could be problematic though haha.   Central Illinois Lifting and D&D meet up.  Now there are TWO reasons for us to plan this thing!  

I guarantee you can DL more than you are.  A soaking wet 40 pound bag of mulch is easily 80 pounds.  Maybe more.  

You are right that form is very important though.  

HvfRDV5.jpg

Starpuck Self Love:  I see a young woman who truly loves being outdoors and active.   I see strong, capable legs, with clear cut lines of muscle definition.    I see... shoes that need to be replaced because omg, I've run the tread off the center of those soles!   I see a bright smile; one that exudes genuine happiness in the moment.   And I see a Jedi tank top, that suggests she's a proud nerd, confident enough to show off her fandoms in skin-baring glory!

Bonus confidence pic.  (Gosh this feels a little narcissistic)  

But this one takes the most courage of all of them.  This is what I wore to boxing on Saturday morning!

Starpuck does not usually wear form fit gear.  And if she does, she sure as hell does not share them!!!

YRegDUc.jpg

Wow!  First, you look fantastic in both of those pictures.  Second, rock that freakin N7 gear like a boss!  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, joedog said:

Your pictures look so happy! I always feel like those pics that capture true smiles are so great.

That's also the perfect outfit for boxing and I'm proud of you for being brave enough to share it because you look great! I remember the first time I was brave enough to wear a sleeveless top for boxing. It felt good to break through all the crap in my head telling me I shouldn't because I "didn't look right".

JOEDOG!!  <3 Hey sweetie!   So glad to see you 'round these parts!   And thanks!    Next week might be the Jedi Training shirt with my Yoda socks!    Let's rock this bad ass nerd look, right?

12 hours ago, RedStone said:

YAY!!! SO glad Sunday proved to be fun!!!!

Ummm. damn girl... I see some serious sexy leggage!!! Is it super inappropriate to wolfe whistle????? And dat smile! NO. Freakin. Joke. HAWT.

Would you believe I haaate my legs?  I mean no!  I don't say things like that anymore!   Um.  My legs have been the biggest hurdle.    ACDC's "knocking me out with those American thighs" is like my freaking theme song.   There *IS* a lot of muscle protecting fluff on them - I just don't know that I'll ever shed it.   So.   *sage nod*  These are my beautiful, badass, do all the things, legs!     And *blush* you can wolf whistle if you want.   Um.   Thaaanks lady.  <3

12 hours ago, Oramac said:

I feel your pain!  I know when I was getting caught up there were a couple days that I did nothing but watch Crit Role from like 8 am to 10 pm.  

Seconded!

I guarantee you can DL more than you are.  A soaking wet 40 pound bag of mulch is easily 80 pounds.  Maybe more.  

You are right that form is very important though.  

Wow!  First, you look fantastic in both of those pictures.  Second, rock that freakin N7 gear like a boss!  

Thanks Oramac!  You get the pimpin' poster, and I get all the sweet swag.   (No, actually, I may have an unhealthy N7 addiction... gulp.)    I should really try to catch up on the Critical Role business.  But there's so much anime I am still behind on.   And I haven't watched ANY SHIELD yet this year, and Big Bang is so behind.  Man oh man.     Heh.    I am getting back into the lifting, slowly but surely.   Form over numbers is my motto these days.   Form over numbers.

DAY 1 FOR REALS YO!

Food In:  1666    Energy Out:  2259   

Daily Calorie Composition:   34% from carbs, 37% from fat and 29% from protein.

Exercise:   I did a smart today.  Considering how much I did all weekend, even though I felt pretty good (no DOMS, mood up) I chose to have a leisurely, but still brisk 2.5 mile walk outside at lunch.   It was JUST right!

Art:  I worked on the next pic for the Thursday crew and I am so frustrated with it.   I cannot seem to get the body at ALL right.    Which is a damn shame, because I really like how the head turned out so far!

Description as given from friend: He's about 5'11" tall, has blond hair with glowing golden eyes. He's in silver full plate, and has a krom's shepards' badge on his right pauldron (whatever that's supposed to look like). He'll always be using a shield, and switches between magic, a long sword, or a warhammer for combat.  Uumm, the hair would be kind of similar to gilgamesh from fate zero. maybe even kinda both of them, the casual version normally and the spikey version when in avatar mode?

mHoT4Ob.jpg

But regardless of how the art is coming along, it was worked on!  For like an hour!    And that's pretty impressive because I've been jonesing for Andromeda ALL WEEKEND!   And... now I get to go do that.

Tomorrow guys, I HAVE to tell you about what went down in Star Wars Land last night!!!

• Like 4

You look so relaxed and so damn cool in those photos, I love it. Plus, those legs, just wow!

I'm the same with Critical Role - I can't just watch it in the background. Think my time on here actually suffers for it sometimes :s.

Also, I Agree With Tank™

• Like 3

I promised a Star Wars Game recap for those interested!        I will try to keep it super concise (I will fail) so here it is below.

The journey so far...

Spoiler

Quick catchup on previous events:

My character, Jaiks, has held in her possession, a very special red kyber crystal, called, The Blood Tear.    Once you have held it, you can't get rid of it.  It returns to you over and over again.   She took it initially, from a young Jedi who survived Order 66 by remaining in hiding with his master.   They had it previously, and THEY could not get rid of it it.  They tried ejecting it into the vacuum of space, throwing it in trash compactor, destroying it.  Nothing.    Jaiks took it from the person to relieve him of the burden of it.   (Her motivation is Power and her emotional strength/weakness is Pride / Arrogance.   She's tough and likes being tough.)      Over time, the crystal was was starting to drain on Jaiks, so SHE tried to get rid of it... first by hiding it deep within an abandoned mine, then by throwing it into a Sarlaac pit.   It has returned on both occasions and is currently being held by our Droid, thinking he would be unaffected.  (God I hope so... he's an HK-77!!)

Our last session, we came into a huge debate because Jaiks and Davin, both took up the red sabers of their defeated opponent apprentices.   They USED them in a following battle, and our Gand mechanic Jedi threw a shit fit!    (Even stomped her feet and said, 'if you insist on using them, then I will offer no more help!')    Davin and Jaiks relented, begrudgingly.   They see them as weapons, just tools to do a job, no more, no less.   But they agree to use them only after we seek council with our holocon on if they are dangerous to a users mind to wield.

Current Mission:   Find the warp-capable Empire prison ship "Forlorn" and rescue some of the rebels who have been captured and placed in holding there.    (Think BORG cube ship.)   We've managed to find it and get in there, and we have honestly spent the last 4-5 sessions on this space-themed dungeon crawl!

Interesting moments on the ship thus far:

- We found a dozen old clone troopers, that confessed they were 'defective' and have been held there since.

- We found a strange room, darkly lit and with a chair poised under a holo-vid display machine.  It gave off a dark, bad feeling in this room.  (Think the council chairs from Clone Wars era Jedi council room.)

- Jaiks SAT in that chair to see if the feeling was coming from the chair specifically.  SUPER BAD THINGS HAPPENED, lol!

- Three apprentice Sith showed up and we engaged them and defeated them.  (That's where we got the red sabers.)

Which brings us up to Sunday night!

Spoiler

I'll skip the lead up, but only mention that we have to find the hatch override in this area of the ship, to get into the next area where the auxillary bridge is.    So, we find where its at.  It's in this room that is directly above the ion furnace!  So it has like a bridge over this chasm of glowing green death, and tons of debris piles, and, debris/garbage keeps falling from the ceiling to be incinerated below.    When we get in there, we get a very bad feeling... dark presence, and... on this bridge, a man dressed darkly, just appears out of nowhere after canceling his concealment trick.

It's Paxtorrum, the Sith Commander of this ship!!!

Paxtorrum looks at the lot of us, "What are you doing on my ship?"   <Scowling>  

[OOC - we all look to Joe, Davin's player, and say, You're the talker!   And he replies, 'What?  Last time I talked I threw a saber at a dude.'   So I, wanting to get better at this improv and just rolling with the story, give it a go.]

Jaiks shrugs rather smugly,  "Just looking for some of our friends and then we'll be out of here."

Paxtorrum looks at her, "You killed my students.   Where did you learn to wield those weapons?"

Jaiks smiles, "I guess I was just sort of naturally gifted with the ability."

Paxtorrum stares at her, eyes hardening as he hisses, "You have a holocron!   That's how!  GIVE IT TO ME!"

Jaiks, "Like we'd bring it WITH us into an enemy ship."

Paxtorrum, "I can sense it on you fool!  Give it to me and you may yet have your lives and the lives of the friends you seek."

Cham, our super "lawful goody paladin type", "No.  You will not have it."

Jaiks looks between the two, "How about I offer you something else for a trade?"

Paxtorrum rolls his eyes, "Humor me with this offer."

Jaiks nods to HK, who is holding that crystal, "I think you might be interested in this other thing."   She gives a nod to the droid who pulls out the crystal.   [Meanwhile, our stomps her foot all the time Gand player guffaws and complains, 'I guess we'll just show all our cards!']

Paxtorrum goes wide eyed, his jaw dropping.  "Give it to me!"   And starts to use the force to pry open the Droids hold and force move the crystal to him.

Cham leaps for the crystal and grabs hold of it, and immediately the crystal starts burning the hell out of his hand.   To add insult to injury, Paxtorrum turns on him and unleashes force lightning on the Twi'lek!

COMBAT ENSUES!  

Davin throws his lightsaber at Paxtorrum (who is at medium range on the bridge, and not near us) and it just skims off him.   {Game mechanics tip.  Lightsaber damage cannot be soaked with armor unless there is more than 10 pts of it!   Our 'heavy armor' offers 2pts.}     

Jaiks force leaps the chasm, quick draws her saber, and hisses at Paxtorrum, "That crystal is MINE!"  -- To which he looks at her with an odd grin of amused pleasure even as she takes a swing at him.   It strikes him across the collar bone!   {I eeked out JUST enough damage to actually do a single point on him... and that means I can trigger a crit!}   He looks at her, draws HIS saber, and then instead, does a force push on her.   I ALMOST succeed in beating the discpline vs discipline roll, but he ends up throwing me OFF THE BRIDGE AND INTO THE WALL ABOVE THE FURNACE!

At this point, three assassins have come in and engaged the group, and they are messing us up!  Davin has been gutted and poisoned.  HK is being sliced up and our Cham has an assassin on him as well now.    Deem binds the the one on Cham, and Gryllus goes to help her droid pal.     So they are all on the assassins, and I am momentarily held in place smashed against this wall.

Paxtorrum looks unphased as he says to his men, "Get me the crystal!" and then turns to leave.   His leaving triggers the hold on me to end, and ... yeah, you guessed it.   I now have to make a roll, plan a stunt, and figure out a way to NOT fall to my imminent death in the furnace.      So I ask if I can push off from the wall with a Force Enhanced Leap.   He says yes, make a roll.   The difficulty is hard though!    And so I get one success, enough to not fall to my death, but I also get a despair result on a die, which means something bad happens!!!!      The bad thing that happens?      I don't make it QUITE onto the bridge, and my choices are, 'Scramble to find my grip on the ledge with my hands and in doing so, drop my lightsaber.   Or, hold the lightsaber, and fall.'    So...

I let go of my personal lightsaber.  The one I used the Force to put together, whose crystal called specifically to me in that cave so many months ago.    It falls into the furnace, and I make my roll to get a better grip on the ledge.    The next round, I'm able to get back up on top and, as Paxtorrum is leaving, our Chiss Pilot (non-Jedi) fires her blasters at him.    

Paxtorrum looks back with a scowl, "I'm done with this.  Drop it."   

The 'drop it' meaning, drop the room they are in, let it all fall into the furnace, us with it, and be done with this pests.    So now we're on a time table to find that hatch override, get back into the hatch room, and clear out of here before we all die!   We all start running out - having to make coordination checks to not fall over as the whole room starts shaking!    I am the last one out, and my GM looks at me and says, "You need one more coordination check.  You REALLY do not want to fail this one."    O M G.     So I make it, just barely, by spending a destiny chip for a better result.  We get into the other room and we hear the collapse of the other.

As we get ready to climb down into the hatch, Jaiks calls out to the group.     "Hold up.  Something you guys need to know.    I lost MY saber in that fall.    It's gone.    So unless minds are changed about using the other one... I am currently weaponless from here on out."

And that's where we wrapped up!!

OMG SO EPIC!!

bcJN2y.jpg

• Like 4

Looking at the new drawing, my untrained eye feels like the angle of the head is off. If you look at the body independent of the head, it looks really good to me, very natural, but when you look at it with the head, it kinda looks like he's got his chin pulled back in unnaturally, like he's elongating the back of his neck. If I stood in that stance, I'd have my head pushed a bit down and forward, less upright. Like I'm ready for a fight.

I also Agree With Tank about those photos.

• Like 4

On 4/23/2017 at 7:05 AM, Starpuck said:

the cool down was ... 5 rounds in 5 minutes of ... 5 push ups, finish the minute with squats, then 10 push ups and finish with squats, all the way up to 25 push ups and ...    OMG

Cool down... I don't think that words means what your instructor thinks it means:lol:

The pic's were awesome. Thanks for being brave enough to share them. You look so happy and fit and outdoorsy, love everything about them

• Like 4