• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck: How Do You Want to Do This?

How Do You Want to do This?

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_3tkjqza5dbi8

One of the greatest things about roleplaying games, is that the end goal can be accomplished in a variety of ways.   More so, the true joy of the game, comes not from the just succeeding in meeting that goal, but in the journey and adventure along the way.    As I've spent the last year struggling and fussing and fighting with frustration, and not knowing what's working or not working, I've become so focused on the final result (or lack thereof) that I've forgotten to focus on and enjoy the path that leads me there.    So, we're going to be largely focused on mindset this go around.  

A successful adventurer needs to be capable of traveling - a lot of traveling - and they also need to be hardy enough to carry the gear necessary for a variety of quests.  Along with that, they need to be strong of mind, and have a good support team in their party.   They must be clever, and hone their skills so that they bring their own unique talents to the party!  So, with that said, here are the goals for Starpuck, and ... how she wants to do this.

Goal #1  An adventurer must be combat ready!

tumblr_ojgcvxdzeo1vtu8l7o1_540.gif

Training Tasks:  Running, Walking, Lifting, Hockey, Boxing

This goal is going to be simplified to allow for variety, flexibility and most importantly, the ability to enjoy nice weather whenever it makes an appearance!

Activity, 6x Weekly - If my heart rate goes over 100, or I sweat, or get out of breath in any fashion, it's activity!

Goal #2  An adventurer must hone their skills!

tumblr_olwyfzbguU1qhmgz0o3_400.gif

Training Tasks:  Art, BuJo, D&D prep work, Cosplay

This goal is going to be more focused as I need to make sure I don't let anything slip or fade too much, in lieu of other things I also want to do.

Art, 4x Weekly - Can be software, sketches, or doodles.

D&D Prep, 1x Weekly - (or as needed)

BuJo, Daily - Use the BuJo to keep myself sane with tracking and things on the to do list.

Cosplay - Acen is coming up in a month, I'd like to put together something simple (Baccano / DRRR maybe.)  

Goal #3  An adventurer must be confident!

tumblr_olpjyzBPjO1vpytsro7_250.gif

Training Tasks:  Shared affirmations, action pics, self care, mindset training.

This goal is going to be sort of nebulous in nature.   This is about changing how I think, and how I see myself.   There will be a few things I mark as 'must do' each week, but it's largely going to be about seeing myself as GOOD the way I am NOW.  

Affirmations, written, Daily - Keep this up, Write MOAR nice things.

Night Routine, Daily - I am hard on my body, and I should give it some better daily care. (wash face before bed, lotions, floss more <.<, etc.)

Action Pic, 1x Weekly - Share one pic with my party members, of me being active, or bold, or confident, and OWN IT.

Random Quests and Tasks

- Get Acen Cosplay sorted out, plan the weekend.

- Plan a long weekend bike ride with friends.

- Clean up home computer files.

- Participate in Ranger mini.

- Start planning big August trip.

- Work on Jedi uniform.

- Find Con to take brother/nephew to this year.

And with that ... I think we're good to get this going.   I'm pretty excited about this challenge- at least right now I am, though I'm also a little wigged out that it's so loosey goosey in a lot of ways.   I left out any of my food goals, and I am not sure if I will be adding them in, or just tracking/planning without having it as a goal.  So there may be an adjustment coming.  But for now...

tumblr_om3up8dnaI1vtu8l7o2_400.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Random Quests and Tasks

- Work on Jedi uniform.

- Find a way to get to San Antonio in July

FTFY ;) 

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

FTFY ;) 

=(  I knooooow.   It's just going to be too hard to try and finagle during that month.   But I have a thing in my head that I wanna do!!

16 minutes ago, mightstone2k said:

Boxing??!?

Just for the exercise.  I've no plans to get in a ring ever.   Just a heavy bag and padwork maybe.  My friend and I were going a few months ago before life got crazy.   Plus, Starbuck is awesome boxing.  I might have to do a new photoshoot with my BSG outfit and gloves!

• Like 1

Slowly but surely tiptoeing down the road to monkdom boxing always seemed like fun. Bruce Lee drew a lot from boxing, which always made me want to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hooray for the journey! PEACE BE THE JOURNEY!!! :D May every step bring you closer to the love of the next step after!!! I hope there will be cosplay picts????? And art and bujo and all the wonderful things!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Share one pic with my party members, of me being active, or bold, or confident, and OWN IT.

As this is part of my challenge as well, I'm all for owning it.  You are you.  Be you.  Own it.  BOO YEA!! 

Also, my apologies.  This post was not, in fact, the first thing I did when I got home.  But I think you'll like the reason I was late to the party. :) 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Oooohhhh   /droooool !!  That pic Oramac!!!

RIGHT!?  It's a solid 2 feet by 3 feet.  Bigger than I anticipated when I ordered it, but hey, go big or go home, right? 

• Like 1

Following, of course. I like the change of focus. And the boxing, I hope that's as much fun as it seems like it should be, 'cuz it seems like it should be a whole tonne of fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oramac said:

As this is part of my challenge as well, I'm all for owning it.  You are you.  Be you.  Own it.  BOO YEA!! 

Also, my apologies.  This post was not, in fact, the first thing I did when I got home.  But I think you'll like the reason I was late to the party. :) 

Haha, so worth it.  SO WORTH IT.    And yes, there is going to be a bunch of Starpuck owning Starpuck!  

11 minutes ago, obax said:

Following, of course. I like the change of focus. And the boxing, I hope that's as much fun as it seems like it should be, 'cuz it seems like it should be a whole tonne of fun.

Oooh, even better than a ton, I get a metric tonne! :D  Yay!    And yes, it's quite fun.   Much like hockey- there is an empowering feeling that comes with the doing.   Those things motivate me to keep going, and I love that.

1 minute ago, Elastigirl said:

Love the mental game change focus!

Thanks!   I think it's necessary!   I thus far am feeling really optimistic about doing it too!

Zero Week:  the journey so far...

On Monday, I got caught up on NF, ate good foods, and went for a run on my lunch break.   75 and sunny, I'll take it!  A bit windy, but not too bad.  I upped my interval pattern to run 3, walk 1.   This was uncomfortable breathing wise, but I have not been consistent with the running outings- and, I am likely running faster during the run portion, than when I aim to just trog along for as far as I can go.   I will likely try to do this same pattern next time I get out there.   Did some art in the evening, played some Andromeda and caught two eps of DRRRx2 before sleeping.

Today, I got my challenge plotted (obviously) and then, because it was nice out again I took my bike with to work and got my first ride of the season in.  It always surprises me how different activities will tire you out, even if you are really, pretty much "in shape".    I got 7 miles in the 40 minutes I was out there, and, let me tell you, 20mph winds on your first bike ride of the year is not as fun as it sounds.    Food was on track (lowish on calories just now) and more art was had.  I think Richard Common will be done tomorrow night.    Now for more Andromeda, and a repeat of last night's routine.

Tomorrow I *may* be going to hockey.  I want to!   But I still have a sore spot on my hand where I keep jacking it up.   I would rather wait another week and let it heal all the way up, then exasperate it by pushing through a lesser pain.  Urg.   We'll see how it is tomorrow.    Art will happen before hockey if I go, and if I end up canceling hockey last minute, then I may throw on some Dance Central at home just to get the heart pumping.    Cardio 3 days in a row?  Starpuck don't care!   She's enjoying the doing!

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Oooh, even better than a ton, I get a metric tonne! :D  Yay!    And yes, it's quite fun.   Much like hockey- there is an empowering feeling that comes with the doing.   Those things motivate me to keep going, and I love that.

This is why it pays to have Canadian friends.

• Like 1

WEEKLY SUMMARY TRACKING

Goal #1  An adventurer must be combat ready!

Training Tasks:  Running, Walking, Lifting, Hockey, Boxing

Activity, 6x Weekly

WEEK 1 - 5 Days; walk, strength, hockey, strength, Rest, box/str, Rest.

WEEK 2

WEEK 3

WEEK 4

Goal #2  An adventurer must hone their skills!

Training Tasks:  Art, BuJo, D&D prep work, Cosplay

Art, 4x Weekly

WEEK 1 - 4x Art!

WEEK 2

WEEK 3

WEEK 4

D&D Prep, 1x Weekly

WEEK 1 - Spent 3 days on D&D prep.

WEEK 2

WEEK 3

WEEK 4

BuJo, Daily

WEEK 1 - BuJo'd all 7

WEEK 2

WEEK 3

WEEK 4

Cosplay Progress

Goal #3  An adventurer must be confident!

Training Tasks:  Shared affirmations, action pics, self care, mindset training.

Affirmations, written, Daily

WEEK 1 - 5/7 (missed the weekend)

WEEK 2

WEEK 3

WEEK 4

Night Routine, Daily

WEEK 1 - 7/7 Well done!

WEEK 2

WEEK 3

WEEK 4

Action Pic, 1x Weekly

WEEK 1 - Yup!   Pic taken, posted and niced on.

WEEK 2

WEEK 3

WEEK 4

Random Quests and Tasks

- Work on Jedi uniform.

• Like 1

Boy did I get hit with some drowsy, good for nothing doldrums today!    I opted out of hockey so as to let my hand heal all the way up, and at lunch, rather than workout (super tired) I made my tuna melt and then watched part of a really awesome episode of Critical Role.  (Episode 32, Reunions Pt1 first 45 minutes.)  Oh man.  Go Percy, go!  Instead, I opted for a rest day today as I'll be running tomorrow, lifting on Friday, boxing on Saturday and hiking on Sunday.    

Leftovers for dinner at home, then I finished up Richard Common.

richard_commons_by_lilwolfe006-db6fbe6.j

Now it's time for some Andromeda!   Tomorrow is D&D night and I have a brand new shirt, that I am super bummed is too big.  (When does that ever happen?)   I ordered a women's cut large, because, all my shirts from Busted Tees and Teepublic, women's large is just right.  Heck, ThinkGeek I need to order womens XL because they run so much baby-cut.  But this one hangs pretty loose on me.    I will try and don a picture of it tomorrow nonetheless.   For Geekery sake!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Boy did I get hit with some drowsy, good for nothing doldrums today!    I opted out of hockey so as to let my hand heal all the way up, and at lunch, rather than workout (super tired) I made my tuna melt and then watched part of a really awesome episode of Critical Role.  (Episode 32, Reunions Pt1 first 45 minutes.)  Oh man.  Go Percy, go!  Instead, I opted for a rest day today as I'll be running tomorrow, lifting on Friday, boxing on Saturday and hiking on Sunday.    

Smart! Sounds like it's what you're body wanted :) May your body reward you with speed and gains :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Richard Common.

This guy's name is a dirty meme waiting to happen. :P 

Glad you got to take care of your hand!  I think that's a wise decision.  Have fun in another galaxy! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Oramac said:

This guy's name is a dirty meme waiting to happen. :P 

Glad you got to take care of your hand!  I think that's a wise decision.  Have fun in another galaxy! 

We've been giving him the run on jokes that are in poor taste lol.    He's a good sport though.   :)   Tonight is D&D night, so excite!  Much amaze.  Want now.

10 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

Mr. Common looks fantastic! And I'm here to follow on your Adventures!

Woo, wouldn't be the same without ya Red!  And thanks!   Next pic is for sure gonna have less 'items' in it.   I am thinking about going through some tutorials and trying to hone in on some specific techniques at this point.   I want to keep improving!

Thursday is the New Taco Day.    Ok, well for me it's always been- pregame ma and pa taco joint.    Since "the dietician" I actually have done a really good job of tidying up some areas of my diet.   Things that I can do without being superbly pissed off by it.  For example: when it doesn't trigger my barbarian rage, go with the lesser processed option.   So, my coffee sweetener has for the most part switched to organic maple syrup, and my tacos have made the switch from flour to corn tortillas.

Yesterday was the laziest of all lazy days!   My Fitbit report said I only burned 1762 calories for the day, waaaaat?  But, it's probably true.  I only managed like 3000 steps total, and no exercise at all.  But it was such a good day.   I also still ate within deficit because I was just so unhungry.    Today I should get up and over my goal though, which is probably a good plan!

At lunch, I took a 2.5 mile walk with a 15# backpack.   Walked up to Jewel and back and picked up a cucumber to eat for today and tomorrow.   Also snagged some fish oil as I was out, and some Aveeno lotion because I was wearing capri workout pants and noticed how terribly dry my legs are!   Darn winter skin!   Shed like a snake, hiss hiss.

If I manage to get all my work stuff caught up, I am gonna do some doodling here.   Then it's tacos, friends and adventure!

Zero Week Tally

Activity: 3/4 days

Good noms: 4/4 days

Art: 3/3 days with today pending.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

and my tacos have made the switch from flour to corn tortillas.

That was one of my changes in the quest for balance in a world of excessive limitations :P Tacos = life. This must never be forgotten!!! 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Woo, wouldn't be the same without ya Red!  And thanks!   Next pic is for sure gonna have less 'items' in it.   I am thinking about going through some tutorials and trying to hone in on some specific techniques at this point.   I want to keep improving!

You could try drawing Lykos! ;)  

Sounds like you had a good couple days.  Lazy days aren't  a bad thing.  Sometimes you gotta have one of those.  

• Like 2

I knew what this theme was going to be the second I read the title! Love it!

Think you've got a really solid plan for the month.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RedStone said:

That was one of my changes in the quest for balance in a world of excessive limitations :P Tacos = life. This must never be forgotten!!! 

giphy.gif

I. Love. This. Gif.   <3 <3    And yes.  Tacos ARE life.    And really, I am super okay with the tortilla switch- most of my places I go to, their corn tortillas are really light.   Every once in a while, they are the really stinky, smell-stuck-to-your-hands-no-matter-how-often-you-wash-them kind, but if they're not... woo, golden!

20 hours ago, Oramac said:

You could try drawing Lykos! ;)  

Sounds like you had a good couple days.  Lazy days aren't  a bad thing.  Sometimes you gotta have one of those.  

Hmm, you want me to up and draw a werewolf now?   Dang man!   Boundaries be damned!  LOL.     I still owe you your Jedi- but lately, my Jedi drawing floon has been low.  I am currently in fantasy mode.   So maybe Lykos will come first.

2 hours ago, Jarric said:

I knew what this theme was going to be the second I read the title! Love it!

Think you've got a really solid plan for the month.

Hee, I had so much fun with the last one.    I mean, it is a little challenging finding gifs to use that make sense all the time - but maybe I should just use random but awesome gifs to go along with the spirit of the challenge.  Enjoy the doing!  GIf-sense be damned!

• Like 2

Friday Time!

tumblr_inline_ofvu4pileb1qza6h5_500.gif

This week has gone really well!  Like, dang I wish it were week one proper, well!

I got out back to the warehouse at lunch and finally faced the music on the weight lifting.    I decided to just cut things back to where I started previous programs and go from there.   I have a lot of activity planned for this weekend and I didn't want my being over-zealous to hamper that.

Workout was a self-made thinger today.   Warmed up with jumping jacks, then a bunch of dynamic stretching and more jumping jacks.   Then I set the following circuit.  

• Inverted Ring Rows (39") -- 3 x 10 

Solid form on these, everything felt great.   The mindset was to get the back "woken up" so that I can engage the pull up program again next week.

• Walking Lunges -- 3 x 10 @ 16# total.   

Super low weight, but I wanted to concentrate on the movement.   Even this low weight had my legs and hips aching.  

• Push Ups  --  3 x 10 @ bench level

Wanted to make sure I don't crap on form or push shoulder out of whack.  They were challenging, but I maintained good form and got all reps in.

• Deadlifts -- 1 x 10 @ 40# || 2 x 10 @ 65#

Original plan was to use KB, but the 55lb KB felt awkward so I tried with a 40lb DB (worse).   Finished the sets with the BB and THAT felt good and dandy.

• Planks  --  35" || 45" || 39"

I was surprised I managed these with solid form and for as long as I did.   Tiny numbers, but I've not done them in forever.

• High Point Hold  --  40"  

Always feels good to not have lost too much on this.   Arms were shaking at the end though!

Finished up with some stretching and foam rolling.     After nomming my foods (used up the last of the shredded chicken breast and salsa, yay) I caught up with my sister and it looks like I will be heading home for home-cooked dinner and cutting of the grass.  That's more activity today which I feel stellar about!    I am heading to my friends house after that for some Don't Starve, so this will allow me a little wiggle room in enjoying a yummy social snack.  (Not that I have any idea what I want that to be.)     

I need to not make it too late of a night tonight, since I have to be at my friends house at 8:15am for boxing.   SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THAT!   (I may cheat just a little, and snap a pic of me there, to use for the first week's pic of the challenge.)   

Saturday afternoon and evening will be tidying up the gaming table at the GM's house (I volunteer to do this because I enjoy organizing) and watching a bunch of anime.   

In other news, I have some fun pics to share! @RhiaWolfe once asked for pics of "The Stash" - well here it is!

4TFHafI.jpg

That's not even all the books - the D&D 5e ones and a large amount of the Star Wars books are pulled out and in use during this picture.   Also, that's part of the area we will be re-organizing!    Among this stash: Ars Magicka, Scion, Aberrant, 3rd Ed D&D, 3.5 D&D, Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Force and Destiny, Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Warhammer FRP.   

And next fun pic?    This week we saw some highs nearly hitting 80.  I LOVE warm weather!  But, I have a black car.   Inside and outside is black/dark cloth, so the sun bakes that puppy up right fast.    Over Christmas, I picked up a little something to help me out with that.   Yeah.  I love it.  I'm super stoked to share it with you all.

rXrQ7OQ.jpg

And that's what I'll leave you all with for now!      I need to get things ready for the weekend so that I can hit the ground running come Monday.  (I am still doing Monday starts.)

• Like 8