No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck: How Do You Want to Do This?

8 hours ago, Jarric said:

Also, I Agree With Tank™

This is sig-worthy

7 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Hide contents

I'll skip the lead up, but only mention that we have to find the hatch override in this area of the ship, to get into the next area where the auxillary bridge is.    So, we find where its at.  It's in this room that is directly above the ion furnace!  So it has like a bridge over this chasm of glowing green death, and tons of debris piles, and, debris/garbage keeps falling from the ceiling to be incinerated below.    When we get in there, we get a very bad feeling... dark presence, and... on this bridge, a man dressed darkly, just appears out of nowhere after canceling his concealment trick.

It's Paxtorrum, the Sith Commander of this ship!!!

Paxtorrum looks at the lot of us, "What are you doing on my ship?"   <Scowling>  

[OOC - we all look to Joe, Davin's player, and say, You're the talker!   And he replies, 'What?  Last time I talked I threw a saber at a dude.'   So I, wanting to get better at this improv and just rolling with the story, give it a go.]

Jaiks shrugs rather smugly,  "Just looking for some of our friends and then we'll be out of here."

Paxtorrum looks at her, "You killed my students.   Where did you learn to wield those weapons?"

Jaiks smiles, "I guess I was just sort of naturally gifted with the ability."

Paxtorrum stares at her, eyes hardening as he hisses, "You have a holocron!   That's how!  GIVE IT TO ME!"

Jaiks, "Like we'd bring it WITH us into an enemy ship."

Paxtorrum, "I can sense it on you fool!  Give it to me and you may yet have your lives and the lives of the friends you seek."

Cham, our super "lawful goody paladin type", "No.  You will not have it."

Jaiks looks between the two, "How about I offer you something else for a trade?"

Paxtorrum rolls his eyes, "Humor me with this offer."

Jaiks nods to HK, who is holding that crystal, "I think you might be interested in this other thing."   She gives a nod to the droid who pulls out the crystal.   [Meanwhile, our stomps her foot all the time Gand player guffaws and complains, 'I guess we'll just show all our cards!']

Paxtorrum goes wide eyed, his jaw dropping.  "Give it to me!"   And starts to use the force to pry open the Droids hold and force move the crystal to him.

Cham leaps for the crystal and grabs hold of it, and immediately the crystal starts burning the hell out of his hand.   To add insult to injury, Paxtorrum turns on him and unleashes force lightning on the Twi'lek!

COMBAT ENSUES!  

Davin throws his lightsaber at Paxtorrum (who is at medium range on the bridge, and not near us) and it just skims off him.   {Game mechanics tip.  Lightsaber damage cannot be soaked with armor unless there is more than 10 pts of it!   Our 'heavy armor' offers 2pts.}     

Jaiks force leaps the chasm, quick draws her saber, and hisses at Paxtorrum, "That crystal is MINE!"  -- To which he looks at her with an odd grin of amused pleasure even as she takes a swing at him.   It strikes him across the collar bone!   {I eeked out JUST enough damage to actually do a single point on him... and that means I can trigger a crit!}   He looks at her, draws HIS saber, and then instead, does a force push on her.   I ALMOST succeed in beating the discpline vs discipline roll, but he ends up throwing me OFF THE BRIDGE AND INTO THE WALL ABOVE THE FURNACE!

At this point, three assassins have come in and engaged the group, and they are messing us up!  Davin has been gutted and poisoned.  HK is being sliced up and our Cham has an assassin on him as well now.    Deem binds the the one on Cham, and Gryllus goes to help her droid pal.     So they are all on the assassins, and I am momentarily held in place smashed against this wall.

Paxtorrum looks unphased as he says to his men, "Get me the crystal!" and then turns to leave.   His leaving triggers the hold on me to end, and ... yeah, you guessed it.   I now have to make a roll, plan a stunt, and figure out a way to NOT fall to my imminent death in the furnace.      So I ask if I can push off from the wall with a Force Enhanced Leap.   He says yes, make a roll.   The difficulty is hard though!    And so I get one success, enough to not fall to my death, but I also get a despair result on a die, which means something bad happens!!!!      The bad thing that happens?      I don't make it QUITE onto the bridge, and my choices are, 'Scramble to find my grip on the ledge with my hands and in doing so, drop my lightsaber.   Or, hold the lightsaber, and fall.'    So...

I let go of my personal lightsaber.  The one I used the Force to put together, whose crystal called specifically to me in that cave so many months ago.    It falls into the furnace, and I make my roll to get a better grip on the ledge.    The next round, I'm able to get back up on top and, as Paxtorrum is leaving, our Chiss Pilot (non-Jedi) fires her blasters at him.    

Paxtorrum looks back with a scowl, "I'm done with this.  Drop it."   

The 'drop it' meaning, drop the room they are in, let it all fall into the furnace, us with it, and be done with this pests.    So now we're on a time table to find that hatch override, get back into the hatch room, and clear out of here before we all die!   We all start running out - having to make coordination checks to not fall over as the whole room starts shaking!    I am the last one out, and my GM looks at me and says, "You need one more coordination check.  You REALLY do not want to fail this one."    O M G.     So I make it, just barely, by spending a destiny chip for a better result.  We get into the other room and we hear the collapse of the other.

As we get ready to climb down into the hatch, Jaiks calls out to the group.     "Hold up.  Something you guys need to know.    I lost MY saber in that fall.    It's gone.    So unless minds are changed about using the other one... I am currently weaponless from here on out."

And that's where we wrapped up!!

OMG SO EPIC!!

Holy crap!!  That's an awesome night of gaming!  Major credit to you for playing the character.  And it sounds like your DM is really damn good too.  So awesome. 

• Like 3

Oof.  Today stuff.    Slept pretty okay, got up and did my schtick.     Food is on target today.

DAY 2

Food In:  1635   Energy Out:  TBD

Daily Calorie Composition:   46% from carbs, 28% from fat and 25% from protein.

God, I even did a scoop and a half of my protein powder today!  Gaaah!!

Exercise:   Was sunny and glorious out, but I was super in the mood to lift, so I headed to the warehouse for some strength action.   Did the following circuit:

3 x 10 on all.

Pull Ups(assisted) || Goblet Squat 40# ||  Bench Press 65# ||  Lying Leg Raises 15 || SL RDL  20# 

Three circuits, all at 10 reps each set.   Only one I didn't get a full 3 x 10 on was the pull ups, my last set was 9.5, so I held at the mid way point as long as I could.

Art:  Continued work on this darn Aasimar.   Good news.   Upper body from waist up seems to be getting there.  It's the legs that are freaking me out!    I may just redraw the whole set of legs... but I ran out of steam hard on that tonight.     Slow progress is more tiring that faster progress, mentally.   I know the issue, I think I just don't like the answers on how to fix it (IE, redraw the legs in the right angle and position.)   The issue is that his upper body is twisted to the right, and his lower body is more straight forward, hinting left.   I don't know if it's just his right leg that needs tweaking, or if it's both.  Or heck, just the left, lol.

giphy.gif

2je2uWE.jpg

Ordered a whole bundled bit of DM goodness for D&D 5e from The Dungeon Masters Guild thingy today.    Want to read through some of that, but also want to Andromeda.    And, I'm down to the last 4 episodes of Durarara X2 and it's so good!  I love that series so dang much!   So far, keeping up with BuJo, night routine and stuff!      Tomorrow should be a hockey day, so I get to chillax at lunch time.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Pull Ups(assisted) || Goblet Squat 40# ||  Bench Press 65# ||  Lying Leg Raises 15 || SL RDL  20# 

I'm tellin ya, you can DL so much more than that!  But I don't want to be the reason you hurt yourself either.  

I don't know if it's just his right leg that needs tweaking, or if it's both.  Or heck, just the left, lol.

Try switching the legs.  Like, put his left leg forward instead of the right.  I think that would work better.  And with your cool software you can probably just cut and mirror it.  (Or I can photoshop it real quick for you)

Ordered a whole bundled bit of DM goodness for D&D 5e from The Dungeon Masters Guild thingy today.

I ordered that too!!  SOOOOOOOO MUCH STUFF!  Holy crap I don't know how to go through it all.  

But yes.  Andromeda the hell out of that galaxy.  

• Like 2

First of all, Fantastic drawing, but I'm curious as to what sort of position you're going for. If you're going for a twisting "OK, now I'm shifting my attention over here" pose, then you might alter the whole body to twist look like similar to the big pic on the left:

jade_some_kind_of_sword_pack_1___pose_re

Notice that his entire body is twisting to face what he's If you're just giving him a generic action pose, then you might want to shift the legs to be similar to this

hot-toys-the-amazing-spider-man-2-spider

I hope this helps.

• Like 2

Yeah!!  Thanks Red.  I know it's his body position versus his legs.   I did a thing today at lunch that may have helped fix the issue, which I'll post later!   And those ref pics are great!   Except the boxer briefs.   That part is a little o.O inducing!  HAHAHA 

• Like 2

Just now, Starpuck said:

Yeah!!  Thanks Red.  I know it's his body position versus his legs.   I did a thing today at lunch that may have helped fix the issue, which I'll post later!   And those ref pics are great!   Except the boxer briefs.   That part is a little o.O inducing!  HAHAHA 

Yeah, that part was really unintentional, my bad ^_^;;

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Day 3

Food - was good.  I may have upped my calorie intake in preparation for hockey, by indulging in one of the donuts in the work kitchen.    If I am over for the day (doubtful once I get my hockey on) it's still fine because I am always under leading up to today.

Activity - Hockey will be had, at least 60 minutes, up to 90 if I stay the whole time.  Thus I am doing most of today's recap now.   I will be straight to bed when I get home!

Anime - I finished Durararar X2 last night.   Very good anime!    It feels a bit 'woops we need to wrap up in 2 episodes' towards the end, but it at least WRAPPED UP!   Now I need a new solo anime... er, wait, I should catch up on SHIELD and Big Bang first.

Art - Ok.  So seriously.  The legs are the nemesis on this freaking project!  ARG!    I old school cheated today.   Printed out the pic as it was, and cut the torso off from the legs.  Then dropped that into my sketchbook at work, and added new legs to it.    They were still not right, but they were better, and I knew I could tweak in MS.

0fcmboxm.jpg

Then I twisted, adjusted, turned, flipped, increased, decreased, oh my god, I messed with it so much!    Here are the two options I got to that seem closest to passable.

The one on the right was my final brainstorm.   I thought, .oO(  What if I invert his head so he can LOOK in the same direction as his front leg seems to want to take him next.   That seems to have helped a ton, but wooboy.   I definitely need some brainless sweat inducing puck tonight to shake some of the strain outta my head.   Eyes are going cross trying to figure this out!  

Ffr48mVl.jpg   pOUF4f6l.jpg

I may just have to accept this is as good as it's gonna get, and offer the player a two for one.     (Before he gave me his hair style preference, I did a rough draft just of face and armor [and wings in back] and that thing turned out so much more instantly pleasing to look at.    Just need to change the hair and I could use THAT as his pic.)

ns60qNt.jpg

Ok!   Just enough time for some Critical Role (episode 33 Reunions is SOOO GOOD) and then off to hockey!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

pOUF4f6l.jpg

Ok!   Just enough time for some Critical Role (episode 33 Reunions is SOOO GOOD) and then off to hockey!

Yes and yes!  That version of the drawing is way better.  

• Like 2

Food Deets from Day 3.

Calories in 1957 (so glad I had that donut!)

Calories out 3183!!!  

Um.  Whoa.  I did not expect to stay the full 1h45m time slot at hockey, nor did I expect to burn 1205 calories skating it... so yeah.  Um.  Proteinz please.

Super tired today.  

I need a way to get better sleep after hockey....

0q0hhCP.png

Part of the issue is that I end up needing the bathroom 2 or 3x.   I hydrate like crazy before the skate, an drink during the skate too, I try to just SIP a little afterward on my drive home, and I specifically avoided any more liquid once I got in the house.   I had a banana before bed and that was it.       It's frustrating- because I am getting all this amazing activity from it, and calories are scorched, but I always always sleep like crap afterward, which sets me up for a not great day AFTER hockey.

I'm pretty sore today too, just general aching and tightness, not actual DOMS.   I COULD do a rest day, but with gaming tonight I like to have a little extra calorie room in the budget.   Maybe I do some light lifting and stretching?   Not sure, not sure.

D&D night tonight!   And tomorrow I run my next session!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

D&D night tonight!   And tomorrow I run my next session!

WOOT!!  Have fun with it!  I know I want to hear all about it!  Especially the session you run.  

As for the rest....

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Maybe if you put some electolytes, or just a pinch of salt, in your water, your body will absorb it better and less trips to the bathroom at night?

I've never tried this, but one the face of it, it seems like it might work. 

• Like 1

Oh, recap from yesterday, I almost missed it as I have spent all day prepping for my game!  (Work has been nice and slow.)

Food in: 1881 

Calories out:  2446

I had yucky pastor tacos.  Tried a new place.  So sad.

Exercise was had at lunch!   Lifting Day.   I was tired, but felt pretty decent.

Circuit of 3 x 8 on all.

• Dumbbell Rows, 20# each, 3x8 (last set was 9) Bonus rep!
  • SL Step Ups, 16# the first set, then 20# on final 2, 3x8
  • 1 Hand OHP 20# 3x8
  • BB Deadlift 75# 3x8 (10 on final set)
  • Reverse Crunches 3 x 20
  • High Point Hold 43"

D&D (where I play) was frustrating.   Two of the players like to debate for hours, on these elaborate plans on how to do things.   I'm okay with this- to an extent, except one is infamous for arguing about how stupid this one plan is, then an hour later into it, arguing against an alternative that is the opposite of our first plan.

Spoiler

We were given a mission by the rebels looking to oust the illegitimate (and tyrant) heir that took the throne 20 years ago.    They need iron for weapons, but the town that produces it is controlled by a gnome mayor who is sitting pretty under the Prince's authority.      We go to the town, and talk some people up.  We learn that the mines are currently shut down because hobgoblins have overrun it.  We also learn that the dwarves aren't fond of this mayor, he's a greedy snit, but right now with the mines shut down, there is NO income for anyone.     

My character suggests learning all we can about the mayor, his habits, his interests, and if there is any dirty scoop we can use against him.   Better to force him through blackmail to meet our demands, then to just oust him. (Because as our argumentative bard just stated "We can't go in to every town we cross and usurp the existing authority".)   [Even though the DM is painting these people as jerks, oppressing the common folk, and under the heel of the tyrant prince.]      Our bard then goes to the mayor with our Aasimar (who is playing lawful good) and tries to persuade him to sell ore to the southern town, and in exchange we will take care of the hobgob problem.   The GM very clearly painted a picture of a mayor NOT GOING TO BUDGE.  I don't care if you roll a 30, he is not going to betray his prince, who has given him all the riches he wants, and then turn around and sell to a city he KNOWS are sympathizers to the rebellion.        

My character, meanwhile, has chatted up the dwarven leader of the town.  (A boarshead of his favorite mead will get ya that.)    He tells her that the dwarves tried to revolt, but the mayor has a wizard in his employ, and that the wizard threw a fireball at the crowd of strikers and took out a bunch of his kin.   He also said, the mayor absolutely has the means to solve the hoggob problem, but he doesn't want to send his personal bodyguard to do it, because he knows he'd be a sitting duck.   

We all come back to talk about options.     The bard says the mayor will give us 500 gold to solve the hobgoblin problem.     Two of us bring up the fact, that does not get us closer to getting iron to the rebels and southern towns.    So they start concocting IDEAS.   My character states that what we should do is solve the hobgob problem, and get paid the 500 from the mayor, then stick around and dig up the dirt on how to discredit him, bribe him, or remove him from power.   Also, she says the real issue is the wizard - not the mayor.  

But instead.... they decide that they should get the hobgoblins and the dwarves to work TOGETHER, and they can split the profits of the mine, so long as the hobgoblins help go up against the mayor and help the dwarves take over the town.   And then the rebels can move into town as defense, and they get first crack at purchasing the ore.

Now - this isn't a terrrrible plan.   But, if the wizard can just chuck fireballs, it doesn't much matter WHO is coming in.   And the Prince is also sending a troop down to help the town get back under control from the hobs, so it makes a messy recipe.     So our Aasimar goes back to the mayor, renegotiates and gets us to a total of 700, but the mayor insists that one of his men come with us.    Fair and legit, he doesn't want us 'claiming we did it' but just taking the money and running.  Or coming back saying done, getting paid and vamoosing.

Three of us go upstairs to get our things while this mayor's guard talks to our other two downstairs.    My character says, 'We need to do plan B, just go in there and clear out the hobgoblins.  Let's get the dwarves back to work so they are earning SOME income which is better than what they got now.   We can then come back, be in good faith with the mayor, and handle the other problem in due time." 

But nope.

So instead, we get to the mine, and our bard casts hold person on the mayor's guard.  Then we knock him out.  But he quickly comes to, because knock out rules aren't that great.   We ask him to switch sides.  He said, for the right money sure.  So I ask, how much do you pull in at this job.  He says, 300-600g a month!  So yeah, no way we can offer a better deal.  So we tie him up, knock him out again and go into the cavern....  WAT?

Now the plan is to 'knock out the hobgobs' so that we can show them how skilled we are, that we can take them out without killing, and then that will make them want to work with us better.  But we have a dwarf with us.   And he outright refuses to just knock them out, so he kills two of the four we fought.   Which sends our bard and aasimar into tirade about not following the plan.   To which Kessa pipes up, "We have some alive, you cannot expect us to spare every last one of these monsters?  What if we encounter a dozen of them?  Shall we tie them up and herd a dozen tied up hobgoblins deeper into their new lair so we can talk to their leader?   It's absurd.  We kept some alive, that's plenty enough for you to do your talking with!"      So we continue to lead them in, with the hobgob captain leading the way and telling others to stand down.     

That's where we paused.

With the mayor's guard, likely, once again conscious, and likely escaped his bonds and on his way to the town.  All matter of our 'cover' blown, and our hand forced into, likely having to kill the wizard bodyguard AND the mayor so we can get out of town and leave it in other hands.       Seriously... we spent 5 of our last 6 hours of replaying, arguing about these plans, and roleplaying repeatedly failed persuasion conversations with NPCs that clearly weren't going to bend, to run with a plan that gets us nowhere closer to the thing we need to do.

But maybe I'm just being bitchy. :P

That out of my system.... I am soooo stoked and super excited about running my game tonight!   And I will try to recap what we did tomorrow!  Maaaaybe even with a Puck in the DM chair pic!

• Like 5

Oh, recap from yesterday, I almost missed it as I have spent all day prepping for my game!  (Work has been nice and slow.)

Food in: 1881 

Calories out:  2446

I had yucky pastor tacos.  Tried a new place.  So sad.

Oh no!

Exercise was had at lunch!   Lifting Day.   I was tired, but felt pretty decent.

Circuit of 3 x 8 on all.

• 1 Hand OHP 20# 3x8
  • High Point Hold 43"

Oh yay!

D&D (where I play) was frustrating.   Two of the players like to debate for hours, on these elaborate plans on how to do things.   I'm okay with this- to an extent, except one is infamous for arguing about how stupid this one plan is, then an hour later into it, arguing against an alternative that is the opposite of our first plan.

Oh no....

That out of my system.... I am soooo stoked and super excited about running my game tonight!   And I will try to recap what we did tomorrow!  Maaaaybe even with a Puck in the DM chair pic!

OH YAY!!!

• Like 2

Circuit of 3 x 8 on all.

• 1 Hand OHP 20# 3x8
  • High Point Hold 43"

Awesome workout!!  Can I issue a small challenge though?  Reverse it.  Do the same stuff, but instead of doing 3 sets of 8, do 8 sets of 3 with more weight.  Just to see where you stand with it.  You might surprise yourself. :P 

I have spent all day prepping for my game!

And I didn't hear anything about it?!!? :(  Sad Oramac.  

Sorry to hear your group was dumb.  Honestly about halfway through that I found myself asking "you're an assassin.  Why don't you just freakin assassinate the mayor?"  lol. 

• Like 2

Hey guys!

Ya know what?

I SUCK AT WEEKENDS LOL!

Starting Friday night, when I ran my D&D game (it went fine, but I felt very unconfident and meh about it) the food train derailed hard and then crashed into a fiery heap!    I really need to get my weekends under control.   I honestly might have had an eye opening moment this weekend.   For so long, I tried to rationalize that my PERFECT weekdays, could not possibly be undone by a few indulgences on the weekends.   I think I have been underestimating the evil powers of the weekend honey badger and the scope of its damage.   That's gotta change.

WEEK 1 RECAP!

Goal #1  An adventurer must be combat ready!

15245a0c94ca858c69350df450a72542.gif

Training Tasks:  Running, Walking, Lifting, Hockey, Boxing

Activity, 6x Weekly - 5 Days Total.

Mon. Walk || Tue. Strength || Wed. Hockey || Thu. Strength || Fri. REST || Sat. Box || Sun. REST (broken from boxing)

Sunday was going to be a lift day, but this boxing class is brutal and ruining my plans for everything else.   Saturday's boxing workout was:

• 40 wall balls, then wall sits while your partner did the wallballs.
  • 40 push ups, then wall sits.
  • 40 squats with the wall ball, then wall sits.
  • Then we boxed for 30 minutes, with 3 intermittent sets of pyramid pushups/planks - first pause was 10 push ups and plank, then 20/plank, then 30/plank.
  • 40 kettlebell swings, then ball slams while partner does the KB
  • 40 'standing, push kettlebell straight out from chest and back' things, then ball slams
  • 40 kettlebell ohp, then ball slams.

W T F.

I could not move on Sunday, and today is even worse!!!  So, I did not get any activity in on Sunday.   Ugh.

Goal #2  An adventurer must hone their skills!

tumblr_okhetxWzop1qhmgz0o3_r1_400.gif

Training Tasks:  Art, BuJo, D&D prep work, Cosplay

Art, 4x Weekly - Got all 4 days in!  Art continues to not be a problem.

D&D Prep, 1x Weekly - Since I ran this week, I ended up with 3 days of prep work!

BuJo, Daily - Kept up with the BuJo daily, even on the weekend- even if it was only to track my lists.

Cosplay - Showed my friends a few more DRRR episodes... does that count? ;P

Goal #3  An adventurer must be confident!

258a2ee850c3de129eb743d33c1f34d9.gif

Training Tasks:  Shared affirmations, action pics, self care, mindset training.

Affirmations, written, Daily - 5/7 days, I slacked on the weekend with my affirmation journal.

Night Routine, Daily - I thought I was gonna fail this one hard since it is SO new, but I nailed it!  7/7

Action Pic, 1x Weekly - Started the week out with a pic, so yeah!  Finally got this goal as an A!

tumblr_nvdcbiqymd1uz17elo3_r1_500.gif

So, a pretty decent first week, except for the weekend once more making it all feel like a failure.    Not only could I not manage to be disciplined enough to eat 3 meals each day on the weekend, but I ate crap food, big entrees and then snacked like I had never been offered a snack before in my life.    

This weekend, I have a new plan.  For one... the boxing class?  I am not going to do the WHOLE thing as he calls out.  If he says 40 of this, and I know I can do TEN good form reps of it, then I do ten... and next time I go, I aim for 11 or 12.   There's nothing to be gained in pushing to 40 reps of something you can't do 15 reps of, and I will not do it again.   That kind of exhaustion and pain leads to bad food decisions and days of recovery- it's not worth it. 

I will limit my eating out as well, and work with my friends to come up with food we can cook at the house to be tasty and indulgent like, but not racked with calories and fat.

• Like 7

FOUND YOU!!!! Sorry I'm late, friend! 

First, if I haven't said it, wow on that double d20 roll you posted on FB a while back. That's like, unheard of! 

Second, I'm totally here to see more of your artwork. I LOVE your stuff. 

Third, I'm here to cheer you on with your goals! 

Keep being awesome! Following!

• Like 1

Hey guys!

Ya know what?

I SUCK AT WEEKENDS LOL!

Starting Friday night, when I ran my D&D game (it went fine, but I felt very unconfident and meh about it) the food train derailed hard and then crashed into a fiery heap!    I really need to get my weekends under control.   I honestly might have had an eye opening moment this weekend.   For so long, I tried to rationalize that my PERFECT weekdays, could not possibly be undone by a few indulgences on the weekends.   I think I have been underestimating the evil powers of the weekend honey badger and the scope of its damage.   That's gotta change.

OH MY GOSH TWINS.

yes, me too. exactly this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

1 hour ago, karinajean said:

OH MY GOSH TWINS.

yes, me too. exactly this.

Honey badger?? I'd like to know more... I feel like this is a thing I should know about... And I def fall into the camp of having pristine weeks and wild weekends...

This weekend, I have a new plan.  For one... the boxing class?  I am not going to do the WHOLE thing as he calls out.  If he says 40 of this, and I know I can do TEN good form reps of it, then I do ten... and next time I go, I aim for 11 or 12.   There's nothing to be gained in pushing to 40 reps of something you can't do 15 reps of, and I will not do it again.   That kind of exhaustion and pain leads to bad food decisions and days of recovery- it's not worth it. 

Totally. Great call. I feel like a lot of instructors are concerned about people walking away from a class feeling like they've "really done something with their time" AKA - feel totally dead by the end of it. For very active people that do all the things and rarely have full on rest days, it's just not useful (or safe, really) to push yourself to that point on the constaaaantly. I mean come on dude, it's boxing, not boot camp. Why must everything feel like you've just enlisted for a tour? 

I will limit my eating out as well, and work with my friends to come up with food we can cook at the house to be tasty and indulgent like, but not racked with calories and fat.

Oh man I miss super casual dinner parties with friends. We got into a routine of it for awhile and I miss it for sure. Great way to chill with the peeps minus the cals and cost of restaurant all the time...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

Oh man I miss super casual dinner parties with friends. We got into a routine of it for awhile and I miss it for sure. Great way to chill with the peeps minus the cals and cost of restaurant all the time...

My friends and I are going to start doing healthy pot luck on game nights. The next game night I'm actually hosting at my house. I'm trying to think of a main course I could make for everyone. Maybe something simple like chicken? Hrm... May have to look up recipes. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Starpuck said:

That kind of exhaustion and pain leads to bad food decisions and days of recovery- it's not worth it. 

It also sounds like a great way to injure yourself.  Good call.  No need to die every weekend.  

3 hours ago, RedStone said:

I might be in the wrong place.  I totally read this in the worst (or best) way possible.  lol.  

=============

And Puck!!  HOW DID YOUR GAME GO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  WE ALL WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!   (which is to say, I want to know :P)

• Like 3

Back on track, yes, back on track.

Food in today is going to settle right at about 1500.     I didn't work out, or move, or anything - I just took it easy at work and focused on organizing my BuJo, catching up on NF and getting ready to focus on the week.   I MIGHT take a hot shower tonight, then use my Schtick Roller to work on some of the sore spots.     Then, after that, Andromeda, oh yeah.   I got new people to woo!

I did a fair bit of art tonight, and for a piece that was causing me so much struggle, the determination and fussing is starting to pay off.    Flats are done and I was anxious to mess with the 'wings' of his super Aasimar mode (per his request) and so I messed with that a bit on the background layers.    It's been fun!  And, it turns out it was probably wise to do those wings before shading/highlighting because... FML ... those things are gonna affect the lighting on his armor.   So, the sun is supposed to be setting on the left side, and in front of him, but his damn glowing wings are behind him, lol!   Tricky tricky.   Gonna mess with it tomorrow and hopefully finish it up, then put to ink the face I drew so that I can hand over both pics to the newbie player on Thursday.     It's one thing to do art for your long time friends, soooo much scarier doing it for a new to the table person.

Anyway, he's Naoya as he is for ... now, ya?  HAHAHAHA!

XeSVc1T.jpg

• Like 4