• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck: How Do You Want to Do This?

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

the 'wings' of his super Aasimar mode (per his request)

Protector Aasimar out of Volo's Guide?!  Hell yea!! (yes I'm aware of the irony in that statement)

Looks great so far! 

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That picture is incredible, it's been a lot of fun watching your talent develop.

QFT!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Anyway, he's Naoya as he is for ... now, ya?  HAHAHAHA!

XeSVc1T.jpg

I love your art! I anxiously await more of your work! <3

What do you think about moving his wings up a bit? The lower wings look like they might be coming out of his butt. :P I love the lighting effect though. 

I love your attention to detail. The armor is freaking awesome. I think you nailed it on the legs when you redid them. Super cool!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That picture is incredible, it's been a lot of fun watching your talent develop.

Thanks!   It's funny, I just read a devotional called the Shrinking Piano, about a boy who did recitals every year, and on the third year he told his mom the piano was smaller, and she said it was because he had gotten bigger.    And it's like that with so much stuff!  You don't notice the small bits as you do things; your talent growth, emotional growth, spiritual growth, gainz growth, until one day you look back and see such a big difference.   But yeah, a lot of you guys have been here on the art thing from the beginning, so it's neat that you guys see the progress too!

9 hours ago, Oramac said:

Protector Aasimar out of Volo's Guide?!  Hell yea!! (yes I'm aware of the irony in that statement)

Looks great so far! 

QFT!

Yup, he's playing a super crunchy character.   Aasimar; Paladin (2) Sorcerer (3) now, with the Favored Soul sub-type.     He wanted full plate, golden eyes, blonde hair in Gilgamesh style from Fate Stay and wings that he gave me a gif example of that looks to have come from a JRPG.  I probably should have made him beefier to account for strength 16, but we'll just say this was 'young' Naoya. :D

gilgamesh.png   bfd0f38ed3eb9b2db6f10c85629415b6.gif

1 hour ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I love your art! I anxiously await more of your work! <3

What do you think about moving his wings up a bit? The lower wings look like they might be coming out of his butt. :P I love the lighting effect though.

I love your attention to detail. The armor is freaking awesome. I think you nailed it on the legs when you redid them. Super cool!

Omg, thanks.   It took me a while to be okay with posting, because I (still) sometimes fight with the comparison thing and think it's not good enough to warrant posting in public.   I've been having fun with the armor details in pieces.   It's definitely a love hate thing!   But I think I've found a new tip to try on the next piece!  (Can't change it after the fact on this one.)   As for the wings, lol!  Yes!   Last night after I hit post, I looked and wrote myself a note, "Move wing layer up, low wisps are too butt-loaded."    So tonight, I plan on adjusting the wings up and adding all the shading and highlighting in!    Pretty excited to see how it finishes up.

Tuesday is here!    I am still majorly wonky with the leg DOMS, but I am going to push through it today.   I will focus largely on upper body stuff, so I'll do some pull ups, some bench, some tricep something or other, and some core work, and then do some EASY leg stuff that will facilitate loosening up those muscles, then spend time stretching.    

The weather has been so much crap since Friday.  Just non stop clouds, tons of rain (all of our rivers our flooded right now) and really brisk, chill temps.  Like, the weekend was 42-48 degrees!   And now we're only hitting like 53, but still all this grey and wind.   Really makes me struggle to find energy for DOING ALL THE THINGS.

BUT!  I am determined to make this week a better week than last, which means some of my time is going to have to go to planning ways to succeed this weekend.     The schedule playing out seems to be:

Monday - Rest and art.

Tuesday - Lift and art.

Wednesday - Art and hockey.

Thursday - Lift, D&D ** PLAN FOR FOOD SUCCESS **

Friday - Walk/run and art and Don't Starve with the boys.   **Smart snacks only!

Saturday - Boxing and hanging out with the boys, if eating out, only one meal out!   Maybe cook instead.

Sunday - Church, then bike ride, then Star Wars night.    If restaurant yesterday, then eat in today.   HEALTHY GAMING SNACKS!

I owe some D&D Puck's World, recap, I'll get that up in a following post. ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Omg, thanks.   It took me a while to be okay with posting, because I (still) sometimes fight with the comparison thing and think it's not good enough to warrant posting in public.   I've been having fun with the armor details in pieces.   It's definitely a love hate thing!   But I think I've found a new tip to try on the next piece!  (Can't change it after the fact on this one.)   As for the wings, lol!  Yes!   Last night after I hit post, I looked and wrote myself a note, "Move wing layer up, low wisps are too butt-loaded."    So tonight, I plan on adjusting the wings up and adding all the shading and highlighting in!    Pretty excited to see how it finishes up.

You're very welcome! I really do like your artwork. I can draw a bit if I have something to copy, but I"m not good at drawing things without a concrete reference. It's not just my brain that doesn't work that way, but also the steadiness of my hand just doesn't flow well. It's hard to explain. Drawing is fun though and you're doing an awesome job! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Thursday - Lift, D&D ** PLAN FOR FOOD SUCCESS **

Yes! Resist the food demons that try to give you all the unhealthy food stuffs! Stay strong, my friend!

Friday - Walk/run and art and Don't Starve with the boys.   **Smart snacks only!

I miss playing Don't Starve. Let me know if you ever need someone extra to play with. ;) 

I owe some D&D Puck's World, recap, I'll get that up in a following post. ;)

Looking forward to it! I'm going to be updating on my game shortly too!

• Like 1

The Recap of Puck's World - Session 3 & 4

Kind of long because I don't think I recapped session 2 ever, so this is like, all the things up to the current!

Spoiler

After the trio of adventurers had won the Grand Scavenger Hunt of the Festival of the Two Moons, they went to the award ceremony where they would be granted the promised gold reward.    Fireworks went off, and the crowds surrounding the town center were full of good cheer and celebration!   A guard of the Magistrate said that they were requested at the Magistrates house, where they were questioned about the possibility that his daughter may have tricked them into letting her accompany their hunt.    Lead by the Elven noble's deception, they lied about it and were perhaps about to be pressed further, when a scout ran in all panicked.

The Defense Corp had been attacked!   Their main kennel set on fire and their prized mastiffs stolen from the other.    Just as they were getting the info on this, another scout came in to warn that the town was being attacked by Gnolls!   In the world of Nasheavar, the beast races have been kept well in check, and there have been no attacks on any of the prominent cities for decades!     The Magistrate seems, oddly, more worried about the dogs than the town's attack just now- and asks the trio to go find his dogs.  They refuse only because they believe helping in defense of the town is more important.    So they go out to the gates and a great battle begins.

It's a tough battle, and the monk is dropped after being hit with several javelins.    The townspeople eventually gear up and they repel the attack, aided by the sound of a gravelly war horn calling the gnolls into retreat.    Having taken quite a beating, the seek medical attention and rest for the night.    The next day, the group  goes to the Defense Corp to find out what's going on, and after hearing about how the attacks came right when the fireworks went off, ask if they can look around.     A few checks later, they find tracks and begin exploring.

It leads off into a forest that branches past the Grove of Ancients and leads north toward the Shadowyn Forest; but part way through there, they come across a recently vacated encampment.  Survival checks show boot prints, gnoll prints,  wolf prints, cart prints, and ... mastiff prints.     They search the empty tents and come across a note that was left behind:

Chief Gashrak

Now is the time to take your Warriors and do as we have decided. The time to Feast IS NOW! Remember, wait for the tolling of the bell and THEN attack. Do this and the Clan shall be pleased. Do this, and your Warriors will never go hungry. Do not suffer too great of losses.  If the town rises to defend, hold as long as you can then take safety in your dens.  Wait until the second moon fades before returning to the gnarled limb. May the mists of DrüenHaug guide your claws.

Draegan Nox,  Talon of The Clan

They decide to return to town and forewarn them of potentially impending doom and ask if anyone has heard of these names or locations.   No one has- in fact the town is still in absolute shock that they were attacked!   They tell the officials that they will head back to follow the tracks to their end, but first they stop to speak with Defense Corp again.   They ask to look over the bodies of the three bandits that tried to rob the gold coach the night of the scavenger hunt and with some thorough investigation, find a small symbol etched into the inside of one of the bracers.   It looks like an arrow that coils in the middle.   They take off and refollow the tracks.   It gets them to the encampment and beyond, into the foothills.   They see the gnoll prints break off, as well as the cart prints and horse prints.  All that remains are boots, wolf and mastiff prints.    They see, at the very bottom of the hills, what looks like a cave entrance and decide to check it out.

Inside, they encounter darkly clad men in studded leather and cloaks, wielding bows and longswords and with black furred wolves as guard beasts.    The first room has two of each, and they engage them.    The monk makes a fine showing of snatching arrows right from the air.   And the halfling bard unveils the fact that his method of healing his party mates consists of smacking their bums with words of encouragement, "Get back in there!  Don't let them reach me my friend!"   They look around and find a few curious things; a leather collar with a quartz pendant in it, and a silver chain with a similar pendant in it.    It radiates enchantment magic, so they pop it into their bag and move on.  They also find a jar of cream colored salve that they take, but don't do anything.  (My world is magic light, VERY light, so potions and magical items would be like WHOA OMG WHAT?  Most people will have gone their whole life having never seen either.)    The next room is mostly empty, except for a locked supply closet that they can't get into, and a few troughs of food and water, and hay bedding for beasties.     They hear commotion in the room up and to the left, the monk notices (at the same time as the one wolf) that there are two more men and wolves in a small bunk area!   The growling wolf alerts the men to danger, and they jump up and open the gate.   The monk rushes in and has a snarling wolf for his trouble, and the rangers, can only see him as well, so he takes all the attacks!    He snatches the arrows again (freaking monks) but the wolves bite into him.    The Elf and Halfling get up to the front and start engaging, but the gate acts as a bottle neck so they can't really get in too well.    When the monk gets hurt again, the Elf tells him to disengage and back off, which he does... but the wolves, seeing the weak and injured prey they started on, target him even after he runs away!  *(my friend playing the monk was super happy that I played the npc's smart, even if it meant he was gonna get dropped... and he did.   Because I crit on him like crazy.)   The bard gets him back up, and they eventually take out the rest.

In this room, they find chests and armoires, and root around.  They find several spare sets of the cloaks and armbands these men wear, and come to find a familiar insignia on it!  The coiled arrow!!   They decide to don this stuff and use this room to get a long rest in.   There is another room adjacent, but it has two locked doors, and the halfling sets up a trip wire to alert them if someone comes out.   They sleep.

The next day they wake up and go to that room.    One of them hears commotion on the other side of the door and so they set up this plan to have the Elf taunt them out, then have the halfling hiding behind the tipped over armoire, and the monk tucked behind the doorway to get them from behind.     The Elf moves in, says something witty and taunting, and then backs up.    One of the men yells something in Gnollish and four wolves start charging out.    The elf makes it behind the cover as well, and they all fire as the beasts come out.   They get some good hits, but the wolves make it to the armoire.  One just goes around it and bites the halfling.  The other climbs up and over and does the same.  A third goes for the Elf, and a 4th catches the scent of the hidden monk and turns on him.     They fight the wolves and take them down just as one of the men comes into the room to start firing.    As the wolves fall, they turn on the ranger and bring him down too. 

Then it's a stale mate.   They wait to see if more come out of the room - but no one budges.  Eventually they charge in and find a room filled with the sounds of whimpering dogs.   The rangers were holding their actions to loose arrows as soon as someone broke in, and so fwip fwip fwip!    The monk, fucking catches them again lol!   And they rush up the left.   They notice 6 mastiffs, 2 in each cage, and a lever.    A full fight breaks out.    The monk decides to flip the lever on the cages- but the dogs come out ready to attack the two nearest people - the monk and the halfling!   An animal handling roll is made, and one of the dogs seems to chill out, but the other is not having it.   It's only when the ranger moves up to melee, that he turns on the ranger instead of the monk.   Another big fight goes down and they take out the enemies.

They manage to cooerce the two free dogs into the cage again so they don't have to worry about them, and look around.   They see three alcoves with blood stained chains, bits of fur and gore and nastiness there, and determine that they were likely torturing the dogs.  In the next room they find all sorts of stuff.  Some more potions, some maps, some scrolls.  They find an attack plan on the town, and so confirm that this group is working with the gnolls for sure.    And they find a letter written to someone...

Grandmaster,

We have succeeded!   One taken from the southern mountains has survived.   His mind remains, and though fire burns in his blood, he is obedient to our cause.    We feed his rage with promises of vengeance, and he endures in hopes that our continued experiments will grant him a return to humanity.   Even the gnolls cannot tell him apart from their own.     This bodes well for our future, and I am sure Xunemis will reward our progress.

When he is ready, I will send him to you for further advancement.   You will know him by the pendant he still wears, from the monastery that he once devoted himself to.

~Armaerius, The Devoted

[Side note.   The monastery is the same the monk went to.   And in his back story, he had a friend bitten by a shapechanger and taken by gnolls-  his friend largely blames the monk for this, because he convinced his pals to go help this town that was being attacked.   The NPCs name is Raiko.   He is now working with and loyal to the leaders of this strange group operating out of this cavern, who unbeknownst to the party, have solved his lycanthropy affliction, by means of their twisted experiments.]   This was to tie in some personal touches to the main story line, and get the players to feel like they had personal investment in things.

They gather up some of the things and continue moving into the cavern, where they find a waterway that leads into an underground lake with an island in the middle housing an odd statue.  The monk goes in, but fails his athletics to swim, so the current starts moving him out of sight of the others.    As the monk drifts off, caught in this water whirlpool, the others move to get in.   The water is too deep for the halfling, but there is a ledge that he, and only he, could probably maneuver with a few checks.  So he does that.

ALyAuV2.jpg

Meanwhile, the monk reaches another shore... this one occupied by a man in dark, heavy robes, and a large, black-furred, molting, slobbering beast of a mastiff.   As soon as he drifts toward the side of the shore that the man is on, he growls out, "You should not be here!" and hits him with Witchbolt!      The rest of the party start to move in to help and the Elf also gets caught up in the water, but a second check rights him and he heads toward the caster.   Meanwhile, the beast of the dog charges the ledge where the halfling is.    It stares at the halfling with this soul-crushing glare that sends chills up his spine, but he toughs it out.     Then, the next round the dog starts biting him!    He eventually gets so chewed up by this dog, that something special happens!     The monk and the elf work to take out the caster, and a few rounds of Witchbolt, and a Thunderwave that does hardly anything, work against the pc's until they drop him.   His dying words being, "Xunemis, embrace me!"   Once the caster is dead, they just have to work on that ugly beast.    Eventually they drop him, but they are all messed up.

The halfling has lost half his total hp to that dog as a chew toy, which leaves his left arm paralyzed!

The dog is (what they'll come to learn eventually) one of 'The Reborn'.   It's a process this group is trying to perfect that corrupts one creature or beast, with the essence of another.    So what I did with this monster was take the mastiff and cross it with a mummy.    It had resistance to all their weapon damage, plus immunities to a few things as per undead rules.    It had the mastiffs AC, but the mummy's Baleful Glare, and the bite did necrotic damage, which I ruled would 'cause paralysis if hp lost = 1/2 max hp.'    So they won the fight, but they will have to find a way to fix the bard's arm!  *** any ideas on how to do this in a world that is so magic-light?

They then explored the strange alcove/altar that was over here and find this hideous statue thing, surrounded by incense and offerings.

R8YnjUn.jpg

Being really messed up, they plan to head back out of the cavern, figure out a way to get the really riled up dogs back to the town, and get the hell out of there.  But it was 11:40pm at this time, so we wrapped up.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Yup, he's playing a super crunchy character.   Aasimar; Paladin (2) Sorcerer (3) now, with the Favored Soul sub-type.     He wanted full plate, golden eyes, blonde hair in Gilgamesh style from Fate Stay and wings that he gave me a gif example of that looks to have come from a JRPG.  I probably should have made him beefier to account for strength 16, but we'll just say this was 'young' Naoya. :D

gilgamesh.png   bfd0f38ed3eb9b2db6f10c85629415b6.gif

This is awesome!!  I know we already talked about this, but I really hope your DM is ready for that character.  That build with 1/LR flight is going to be REALLY powerful, mechanically.  Enough so that I envy the player a little bit.  

Just for example: he can use the Quicken Spell metamagic on Hold Person, then (assuming the enemy fails the save), make both his melee attacks against the target with advantage, and if they hit, they are auto-crits.  On top of that, he can then choose to use his high-level spell slots to Smite, which are ALSO doubled on a crit.  So that's a metric fuckton of damage he can dish out.  

50 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Hide contents

(my friend playing the monk was super happy that I played the npc's smart, even if it meant he was gonna get dropped... and he did.   Because I crit on him like crazy.)  

[Side note.   The monastery is the same the monk went to.   And in his back story, he had a friend bitten by a shapechanger and taken by gnolls-  his friend largely blames the monk for this, because he convinced his pals to go help this town that was being attacked.   The NPCs name is Raiko.   He is now working with and loyal to the leaders of this strange group operating out of this cavern, who unbeknownst to the party, have solved his lycanthropy affliction, by means of their twisted experiments.]   This was to tie in some personal touches to the main story line, and get the players to feel like they had personal investment in things.

The dog is (what they'll come to learn eventually) one of 'The Reborn'.   It's a process this group is trying to perfect that corrupts one creature or beast, with the essence of another.    So what I did with this monster was take the mastiff and cross it with a mummy.    It had resistance to all their weapon damage, plus immunities to a few things as per undead rules.    It had the mastiffs AC, but the mummy's Baleful Glare, and the bite did necrotic damage, which I ruled would 'cause paralysis if hp lost = 1/2 max hp.'    So they won the fight, but they will have to find a way to fix the bard's arm!  *** any ideas on how to do this in a world that is so magic-light?

I LOVE ALL OF THIS!!  Holy crap that is some awesome shit.  Your game is officially better than mine.  No kidding.  I love the tie-in to your players backstories.  Only one of my four players gave me a backstory. :(  

And the dogs!  Awesome idea.  I know I'd mentioned the Blink Dogs, but those Mummy Mastiffs are freakin cool too!  Have you thought about making a Stat Sheet for them? I'd totally use it.  

So, I have a question on animal handling. In the Pathfinder book it doesn't specify exactly what it does. It says that animal handling is teaching tricks or asking animals to do a trick for you. In my game I currently am saying that this does not work on hostile animals, especially with such a low DC for it. 

I haven't played the new D&D but I see in your summary that at one point someone used animal handling to make a dog "chill a bit". How do you do the animal handling in your game? What are the rolls? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Oramac said:

Only one of my four players gave me a backstory. :(  

When I am GM, I require that everyone give me a backstory while they are doing character creation. I have to have it before the first session. If they email their backstory to me and it's too bland or doesn't have enough information, I email them back asking questions about their character's past or try to help them flesh out the character more. I LOVE including backstory in my games. I like to make the games revolve around my characters/players. 

Starpuck is doing an awesome job of it! I'm loving it! I especially love what she did to create her mastiff monster. I have done similar hybrid things as well. I can't think of them right now... but it'll come to me. lol! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Oramac said:

This is awesome!!  I know we already talked about this, but I really hope your DM is ready for that character.  That build with 1/LR flight is going to be REALLY powerful, mechanically.  Enough so that I envy the player a little bit.  

Just for example: he can use the Quicken Spell metamagic on Hold Person, then (assuming the enemy fails the save), make both his melee attacks against the target with advantage, and if they hit, they are auto-crits.  On top of that, he can then choose to use his high-level spell slots to Smite, which are ALSO doubled on a crit.  So that's a metric fuckton of damage he can dish out.  

I LOVE ALL OF THIS!!  Holy crap that is some awesome shit.  Your game is officially better than mine.  No kidding.  I love the tie-in to your players backstories.  Only one of my four players gave me a backstory. :(  

And the dogs!  Awesome idea.  I know I'd mentioned the Blink Dogs, but those Mummy Mastiffs are freakin cool too!  Have you thought about making a Stat Sheet for them? I'd totally use it.  

Oh pfft, staaaahp.    I bet together, we'd be the perfect DM.   Because I SUPER suck at combat and stuff and knowing what does what and everything!    And I am sure your game is super awesome, because I've seen your stories for YOUR characters and I want to MEET ALL OF THEM! :D

My GM is fairly crunchy as well, and he's letting a lot fly in this game.  It's one of the reasons I opted to play my ranger/rogue - because I don't think either of the other GM's would let me do as much with it as the build could potentially allow.    The only reason I have not been auto-critting is because my stupid party mates keep FOILING surprise rounds on me with their dumb plans.

7 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

So, I have a question on animal handling. In the Pathfinder book it doesn't specify exactly what it does. It says that animal handling is teaching tricks or asking animals to do a trick for you. In my game I currently am saying that this does not work on hostile animals, especially with such a low DC for it. 

I haven't played the new D&D but I see in your summary that at one point someone used animal handling to make a dog "chill a bit". How do you do the animal handling in your game? What are the rolls? 

To be honest, I gave them a little bit of a gimme on this one.   The bard started playing soothing music and the monk was doing his best to posture in a way that acted unthreatening.   In addition, the men who HAD stolen and tortured these very dogs were in the room, so the dogs made a few rolls to see if they picked up the scent of their abusers, and I let the monk roll with disadvantage, but with a +2 from the bards help.  He rolled really well, even WITH disadvantage, but one dog still made his 'save'.   So one calmed down, the other had to be lead toward the dark ranger as an alternate target.

1 minute ago, RhiaWolfe said:

When I am GM, I require that everyone give me a backstory while they are doing character creation. I have to have it before the first session. If they email their backstory to me and it's too bland or doesn't have enough information, I email them back asking questions about their character's past or try to help them flesh out the character more. I LOVE including backstory in my games. I like to make the games revolve around my characters/players. 

Starpuck is doing an awesome job of it! I'm loving it! I especially love what she did to create her mastiff monster. I have done similar hybrid things as well. I can't think of them right now... but it'll come to me. lol! 

Al the guys in this game have been long time players with me (and our one GM) and so they knoooow that Puck loves back stories.     I asked them for bg's.   The guy who normally gm's gave me like 3!  LOL.    My other friend wrote one up too, and the final one, once he realized I was for sure gonna run the game, gave me a really good one too.   Then I had them fill out a character cheat sheet for me.   (Here are the things I asked for in bold, along with the monk's responses.)

CHEAT SHEET FORMAT

Spoiler

NAME:   Karsh / Wadi et Vihara
Background:  Hermit
Flaw:  (Not from the book) Gullible.  Tends to believe what he's told and is a sucker for a sob story.
Birthplace: Unknown.  Was left as an infant at the Citadel of the White Worm. (In your world I don't know where that is)  

Heritage
Father – Unknown
Mother – Unknown
Siblings – Unknown
Nobility – Unknown

Childhood
Mentors – His guardian and hand-to-hand and weapons combat instructor Master Taizu (currently exiled from The Citadel of the White Worm).  Master Shodan his general education instructor.  Master Scarletta (one of only two females currently residing at the monastery).  She is a lecturer on topics of higher learning, mainly the physical laws of the universe and philosophy.
Peers – Brishen, friend.  Raiko, friend.  Prias, friend (each of the boys has only a given name because they are orphans).  Mostly due to their closeness in age these (3) initiates and Karsh would spend much of their time together and were good friends.  At the time of he left the monastery Brishen and Prias were still there.  Raiko was abducted during the gnoll attack on Windermere, the town closest to The Citadel of the White Worm.
Rivals – As much as they were friends all of the young men above could well be considered Karsh's rivals as well...depending on the day.  But Raiko especially has had his friendship turn to hostility toward Karsh after he was bitten by a shapechanger and taken by the gnoll warband.  Haven been given lots of time to think about he blames Karsh's rashness and disobedience for putting him in a position that he was obliged to come to his rescue.

Notable Contacts/Peers
List name and brief description of their standing and where you met them.
Khembalung - A highly intelligent monkey roamed in the vacinity of the monastery.  It found Karsh on several of his excursions to the nearby villages.  Some folks say the creature can speak, but it had never spoken to Karsh.  It is unknown who give it the name that is known by most of the local people.
Bertram Jorasco - Human ranger that Karsh had encountered a few times while away from the monastery.  The two fought together in the battle at Windermere and saved each others lives.  A friendship was born that day.
Maeve Vandalis - Human prostitute from a village near The Citadel.  She is believed to have stolen a few of the treasures within.  A woman of some 30 years both alluring and manipulative.  Possibly a bard with a dark soul or priestess of a trickster god. 
Faceless Girl - A ghost that has appeared before Karsh before he can remember.  Unlike others that have made themselves known to the young monk, this one does not try to get him to do anything, nor does it attempt to communicate.  It only has watched him and Karsh usually knows she is around because of the cold chill that runs up his spine.  

Previous Adventures:
Karsh has been to few places outside of The Citadel of the White Worm, and has had no real adventures.  

Locations Traveled:  Windermere, Q'barra, and a few small villages within two days walk of the monastery he lives at.

I bet if you googled it Oramac, you could find some 'quick questions for your character' sites that could give players something to go off of.    I actually think my old ESO guild did something like that... but the site it was on is long gone.   But oh snap, I saved her info!  Character Quick List format.

Spoiler

Name: Kanyn (meaning Dragon Ritual)
Race: Bosmer
Archetype: Miscreant (Nightblade)
Combat preference: Dual Daggers (from the shadows), but may use an axe or sword in main hand on occasion.
Physical Description: Physically fit; she looks built for subtle strength and agility.
Personality: Kanyn is a wild spirit who follows her whims with little regard for anything but her own gain or satisfaction. Just as quick (and likely) to bite with her words as with her daggers, she's used to the bare knuckle replies her attitude often inspires. If there's an ounce of compassion or morality to this wood elf, chances are no one has found it yet.

Primary Motivations: Thrills, gold, and the chance to back up her trash talking.
Emotional Disposition: Hard to read; is cocky an emotion?
Moodiness: Mouthy and sarcastic.
Sense of Humor: Brash
Outlook: "Fortune sails on fickle winds."
Integrity: Integri-what?
Impulsiveness: High
Boldness: High
Social Interactions: "Are there drinks involved? No? How about coin? Fights? No? Then bugger off!"
Conformity (follow society or group rules): Only her own rules matter.
Religion and Spirituality: The Church of Kanyn, under the spirit of greed. Sure.
Tolerance: Depends on who/what - she has a very unusual personal code of conduct.
Talents and Strengths: Despite her street savviness and penchant for the alleys, pockets and chests of city life, she is actually quite adept in the surroundings more typically associated with the wood elves. She's quick with her hands, dexterous and nimble- and one hell of a drinker.
Hobbies and Enjoyments: Stealing, drinking, picking pockets, finding a big haul, thieving, drinking, a good bar fight, proving her point, embarrassing cocky males, drinking, astronomy.
Clan and Affiliations: None at the moment.

Background:
(Insert small summary here.)

Guys, I feel like we just inadvertently started our own little DM'ing support club!  I LOVE IT!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

To be honest, I gave them a little bit of a gimme on this one.   The bard started playing soothing music and the monk was doing his best to posture in a way that acted unthreatening.   In addition, the men who HAD stolen and tortured these very dogs were in the room, so the dogs made a few rolls to see if they picked up the scent of their abusers, and I let the monk roll with disadvantage, but with a +2 from the bards help.  He rolled really well, even WITH disadvantage, but one dog still made his 'save'.   So one calmed down, the other had to be lead toward the dark ranger as an alternate target.

Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, if my characters had come up with a way that actually made sense with their characters and the story, I would have given it to them too. I'm like you, I focus on the story and i"m not as great in combat. 

6 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Al the guys in this game have been long time players with me (and our one GM) and so they knoooow that Puck loves back stories.     I asked them for bg's.   The guy who normally gm's gave me like 3!  LOL.    My other friend wrote one up too, and the final one, once he realized I was for sure gonna run the game, gave me a really good one too.   Then I had them fill out a character cheat sheet for me.   (Here are the things I asked for in bold, along with the monk's responses.)

CHEAT SHEET FORMAT

Yeah, I've used those things before. I had one of my players not give me a background for his character in the first game I ever ran and I gave him a lot of grief on it. For the next game I ran he found a 100 questions to ask your character and he filled all of it out along with a short 'book' (he had like 10 pages in a binder, front and back) all about his character. Everyone else liked the questions, so they did the 100 questions about your character too. I had a lot of fun with that game! 

8 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Guys, I feel like we just inadvertently started our own little DM'ing support club!  I LOVE IT!

I am totally for this! Hellz to the yeah! I'm going to keep posting my gaming stories on my page and I'll keep checking yours. We can ask all kinds of questions and just create our own guild of GMs! LOLZ!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

The default in 5e is basically "The DM can do whatever the hell they want".  Generally speaking, you can use animal handling to calm an angry animal, but the DC may be set higher.  Or, the DM could set the DC higher for an animal that is naturally inclined towards violence, or lower for the opposite.  Animal Handling is kind of a catch-all skill for dealing with animals.  Which is both good and bad.  

20 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Awesome idea!!  I'm going to do this going forward.  The game I'm running is also my first ever as a DM.  I've honestly only got 2 or 3 sessions more than Puck under my belt.  

21 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Damn right she is!  Most of the time if I need a new monster, I'll use the stat block for something normal and just tell the players it's a "random cool story thing".  Makes it easier since I don't have to homebrew monsters, but it's not as unique to the story.  I'm sure I'll hybrid some shit up soon though.  

9 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Oh pfft, staaaahp.    I bet together, we'd be the perfect DM.   Because I SUPER suck at combat and stuff and knowing what does what and everything!    And I am sure your game is super awesome, because I've seen your stories for YOUR characters and I want to MEET ALL OF THEM! :D

You're too nice!  I may know the combat stuff, but that's just background for the overall story.  I appreciate it though!  I'd love to play some of my characters in your game.  Especially my Death Knight.  Sounds like it might fit really well in your world.  

11 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

I bet if you googled it Oramac, you could find some 'quick questions for your character' sites that could give players something to go off of.    I actually think my old ESO guild did something like that... but the site it was on is long gone.   But oh snap, I saved her info!  Character Quick List format.

Thank you for this!!  I'm totally keeping this and requiring it for my next games!  Such a good idea.  

12 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

I do believe you are correct! 

• Like 1

Completely random gear shift.

Acen (Anime Convention) is coming up in 3 weeks.     I have cosplayed twice now and have fun with it.    First I went as Juvia from Fairy Tail, then I went as Wendy from Fairy Tail.   I'm on a big Durarara kick right now, and I had a momentary spell of Courage and I entertained the idea of cosplaying as Celty.    But... um.  So. Very. Out. Of. My. Comfort. Zone.

tumblr_lr4gx89rhU1qg5m1xo1_500.gif

One part of me wants to be bold.  The other part knows that it will be so ridiculously nerve-wracking.

I tried browsing some existing cosplays, with body types that are not rail thin to see how it looks.    

So.... should I do it?

celty___durarara_by_hannekake-d4dse8c.jpcelty_cosplay_by_lishlitz-d4sb7ju.jpgIMG_0448.jpg

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

So.... should I do it?

You know you want to do it or you would never have brought it up to ask us the question. The Puck I know is brave, and would look great in such cosplay.

I think you should because you want to do it and it scares you a little. That's a great reason to try something new.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

First, thank you for that clip!  I totally forgot about it and laughed my ass off at it all over again! 

46 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

So.... should I do it?

28 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You know you want to do it or you would never have brought it up to ask us the question. The Puck I know is brave, and would look great in such cosplay.

I think you should because you want to do it and it scares you a little. That's a great reason to try something new.

See my sig.  I agree with Tank.  

But yes, in all seriousness, I encourage you to do this!  Partially because I love women on sportbikes, partially because I agree that you'll look fantastic, and partially because I know it will help you grow as a person to step outside your comfort zone like that.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Kind of long because I don't think I recapped session 2 ever, so this is like, all the things up to the current!

Hide contents

The dog is (what they'll come to learn eventually) one of 'The Reborn'.   It's a process this group is trying to perfect that corrupts one creature or beast, with the essence of another. 

There is so much much missing from my life. At least I've gotten my hands on FMA finally... (Mr Red designed the packaging for it many moons ago :P

You've got some seriously epic things hapenning here! And lightening wings looks AHmazing!!! :D 

• Like 3

Ok, I've been a spammy one today, but here is the day's actual update.

Stellar Day!

I was motivated with the art, so I spent a couple hours finishing up my friend's Aasimar.   All shaded, high-lighted and with all his majesty.    Good stuff.    Just missing one beefy arm.

naoya_by_lilwolfe006-db7xjxq.jpg

Food was spot on and I took Tank's advice on how to cook my green beans at work.  It's 8:30pm and I am already excited about doing this again tomorrow!   For dinner, we made little mini pizza's at home with these super awesome whole wheat 150 calorie pre-made crusts.  I put Sweet Baby Ray's Vidalia Onion BBQ sauce on it, some sliced red onions, and I shredded up yesterday's left over chicken breast.   Covered with a MEASURED 1/4c cheese and mmmmm!   I'll end the day with around 1600 consumed calories I think, which is just about perfect.

724psBP.jpg?1

I did a workout at lunch, even though I was still pretty sore in the legs.   I finished it up with tons of stretching.

• Pull Ups:  10 | 9.5 | 9  (all assisted with smallest band)
  • Box Jumps:  3 x 10
  • Bench Press: 65# - 8 | 10 | 12*   -- I owed myself 2 from the first set where everything felt super hard.  Thanks Oramac!
  • Lying Leg Raises: 3 x 15
  • Slow Cable Rows, 25# cord:  3 x 10
  • Hold, mostly at midpoint because I failed out of the top so fast28"

Arms were just toast.  Probably still from the boxing workout on Saturday maybe.   

Onward to Wednesday!    I must decide tomorrow, if I am doing that Celty cosplay, because it's probably the last day to order the helmet in time for Acen.  *Gulp gulp*

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Starpuck said:

I must decide tomorrow, if I am doing that Celty cosplay, because it's probably the last day to order the helmet in time for Acen.  *Gulp gulp*

You got this!!  We believe in you!  

Also, that Aasimar looks fantastic! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Onward to Wednesday!    I must decide tomorrow, if I am doing that Celty cosplay, because it's probably the last day to order the helmet in time for Acen.  *Gulp gulp*

I agree with Oramac (who agrees with Tank). I think it'd be totally awesome. Sometimes you just gotta jump off that cliff. It's scary as all hell, but it's the only way to fly.

Also, I'm a little late to this particular train, but I like your insight into your weekends. It is true that a little indulgence won't derail an otherwise perfect week, but only a little indulgence. Find that balance, and you're golden. I have a hard time with this too, because it's true that one meal from Wendy's doesn't make a difference in the long run, but one meal from Wendy's, then a chocolate bar, then a bag of chips, and then more Wendy's does. Each by themselves would be ok, but all together in a short period of time, not so much. I'm really good at rationalizing when I want to be, and that's a problem for me sometimes...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

So.... should I do it?

celty___durarara_by_hannekake-d4dse8c.jpcelty_cosplay_by_lishlitz-d4sb7ju.jpgIMG_0448.jpg

Ummmm we kind of have to talk about this hotness. 1: Full body black leather LOOKS AMAZEBALLS and is HELLA FLATTERING and you would KILLLLLL THISSSSSS. I totally get being out of the comfort zone, but also kind of into the idea of expanding the comfort zone... I figure the leap is the toughest part... so i'd say, Starpuck might be out of her comfort zone here... but would Celty???

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

12 hours ago, Oramac said:

See my sig.  I agree with Tank.  

But yes, in all seriousness, I encourage you to do this!  Partially because I love women on sportbikes, partially because I agree that you'll look fantastic, and partially because I know it will help you grow as a person to step outside your comfort zone like that.  

9 hours ago, obax said:

I agree with Oramac (who agrees with Tank). I think it'd be totally awesome. Sometimes you just gotta jump off that cliff. It's scary as all hell, but it's the only way to fly.

48 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Ummmm we kind of have to talk about this hotness. 1: Full body black leather LOOKS AMAZEBALLS and is HELLA FLATTERING and you would KILLLLLL THISSSSSS. I totally get being out of the comfort zone, but also kind of into the idea of expanding the comfort zone... I figure the leap is the toughest part... so i'd say, Starpuck might be out of her comfort zone here... but would Celty???

I agree with Tank, Oramac, Obax, and RedStone. LOL!

Girl, you could and should totally rock this! It's good to get out of your comfort zone a little from time to time, and here I think it's an excellent idea. Who doesn't love Celty? I want to see con pictures!!!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

naoya_by_lilwolfe006-db7xjxq.jpg

Oh yes, the wings look so much better and the shading is awesome! Love it! 

Do you do commissions? 

Green beans look awesome! I've never cooked fresh green beans before. I might have to try it. Looks tasty!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Oramac said:

You got this!!  We believe in you! 

Also, that Aasimar looks fantastic! 

:)  Thanks!     And gulp!

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Those green beans look awesome. Well done.

Just had them again!  Because veggies are great!

14 hours ago, obax said:

Also, I'm a little late to this particular train, but I like your insight into your weekends. It is true that a little indulgence won't derail an otherwise perfect week, but only a little indulgence. Find that balance, and you're golden. I have a hard time with this too, because it's true that one meal from Wendy's doesn't make a difference in the long run, but one meal from Wendy's, then a chocolate bar, then a bag of chips, and then more Wendy's does. Each by themselves would be ok, but all together in a short period of time, not so much. I'm really good at rationalizing when I want to be, and that's a problem for me sometimes...

I am going to nail this weekend.  Going to pick out a recipe today, to cook at my friends house for tomorrow night.  Hopefully enough to have left overs there for noshing on the weekend.

5 hours ago, RedStone said:

4 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I agree with Tank, Oramac, Obax, and RedStone. LOL!

Girl, you could and should totally rock this! It's good to get out of your comfort zone a little from time to time, and here I think it's an excellent idea. Who doesn't love Celty? I want to see con pictures!!!!

Okay guys.  Okay, I got this.     And if for nothing else, yes, to practice doing things that take me out of comfort zone, force me to go boldly with confidence, and because I need to get better at scary things, and also making decisions and living with them.   So....

Thank you, your order has been placed.

An email confirmation has been sent to you.

Order Number: 114-9964007-6782614
  • Celty Helmet Deluxe Resin Sturluson Mask Mens Halloween Cosplay Costume Xcoser will be shipped to Starpuck by Amazon.com.
    Estimated delivery: May 9, 2017
  • Leg Avenue Costumes Wet Look Zipper Front Cat Suit, Black, Medium will be shipped to Starpuck by Amazon.com.
  • JISEN Lady Banquet Party Wedding Bridal Dance Short Gloves Colorful (Black) will be shipped to Starpuck by Amazon.com.

3 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Oh yes, the wings look so much better and the shading is awesome! Love it!

Do you do commissions?

Green beans look awesome! I've never cooked fresh green beans before. I might have to try it. Looks tasty!

I don't do commissions because hahahaha, so not good enough to do that.  But I do take requests for practicing!    This is all thanks to @mightstone2k who asked me a while ago for a personal request!    He totally encouraged me to take that step and so now, yeah, I'll do requests!

As for the beans--- I HATE greenbeans.  Except for the sauteed ones at a Chinese Buffet... but these?  I can do these!  I think the fresh, raw is what makes it better... canned, frozen, strriiiingy, yuck.

• Like 3