• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck: How Do You Want to Do This?

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Holy Crap! You look awesome! I'm so proud of you for overcoming fear/nervousness and going.

I already told you, but as always, see my sig. :P 

Seriously, you look great, and you kicked fear in the teeth!!  Way to go Puck! 

• Like 3

WEEK 4 RECAP!

Goal #1  An adventurer must be combat ready!

tumblr_ny90852Z7f1uz17elo6_r1_250.gif

Training Tasks:  Running, Walking, Lifting, Hockey, Boxing

Activity, 6x Weekly - 6 Days Total.

Mon. Lift || Tue. Bike Ride || Wed. Lift || Thu. Run || Fri. CON STEPS || Sat. CON STEPS || Sun. "Rest" -- DID NOTHING BUT RELAX!  -.-

I am counting the con days as active, because I hit 16k and 13k steps respectively and I was standing or walking most of the day.   I also played four songs of DDR in the game room because... DDR!  Omg.   It came back pretty fast, so I was still able to perform on Standard mode.... not heavy like the old days, but still decent enough.  

Goal #2  An adventurer must hone their skills!

BB31Gnj.gif

Training Tasks:  Art, BuJo, D&D prep work, Cosplay

Art, 4x Weekly - Got all 4 days in!  Thankfully I front loaded it this week!  That was good planning!

D&D Prep, 1x Weekly - No D&D work, but there is no rush as we're on a bit of a break gaming wise for a week or two.

BuJo, Daily - Fri-Sun there was no bujo'ing do to con.   I am not counting this as a tick against the goal... My days ran from 8am-11pm... pooped!

Cosplay - NAILED IT!     Holy crap!

Front loaded, but effective!

Goal #3  An adventurer must be confident!

a627340b038c9d5ca1dcf344bf37a1a8.gif

Training Tasks:  Shared affirmations, action pics, self care, mindset training.

Affirmations, written, Daily - 6/7 days, just missed on Saturday, as I was slinking into a full body suit, instead of affirming my journal, lol.

Night Routine, Daily -  6/7 Saturday was the 'not do all the normal things day'.

Action Pic, 1x Weekly -  I didn't post the nice words about them, but I did share three pics of me... in a skin tight body suit!!!!  I think that counts!

A fantastic week by all standards.   I had lots of activity!   Weekly daily average burn was 2445 and that was without any hockey this past week!    I had a great great time at Acen, and I managed to totally rock the cosplay!  I had a ton of pic requests, and there were a couple of really stand out moments!

A mother/daughter combo came running up to me, "Celty celty!  You're our favorite!  Can we get a pic with you?"     I nodded my head and then flipped my cell phone around.  (I had created several images of pre-typed 'text' answers that Celty might give.)   On the screen it read, "Are you with the Dollars?!"   And they read it, smiled super big and nodded, "Yes we are!"

Later in the con, a group came up and asked for my picture, which I nodded to.   The girl then asked, 'Where did you get the helmet?' and I had a text response of "Shinra got it for me!"   She read, smiled and then laughed at it!     Meanwhile, a man nearby with his wife and son (dressed as adorable baby Groot) came up and gave me his card, said the costume was great and he loved that I was staying in character, answering questions on the phone.   Pretty cool.

I had several people ask to take their pic WITH me.    And there was an amazing Shizuo/Izaya couple that ran up excitedly to me and asked to get some pics.  And this guy really did do good hugs!

18670776_10212844728783385_6368973982474    18582488_10212844742943739_6880563160315

A woman dressed as Diane from the 7 Deadly Sins, I snagged their pic, and then recognized her, and said, 'Hey were you Laxus last year?'  And she goes, yeah! I was.  And I said awesome, I was Wendy!  And she said, "OH YOU WERE THE CUTE WENDY!"  (super flattering haha)

I ran into a couple that were carrying around just a head, and they shouted, 'Celty!  Look what we have?' to which I responded with...

18557165_10212844724983290_5152694180446

And then we had the whole group there by 4pm.    Izaya, Celty, Shinra, Shizuo and Tom Tanaka!

18670939_10212844734703533_8323984749356

In short?  This challenge was amazing.     I did a lot of good things, sure... but it's the change in my attitude that I feel slowly coming around that is the real feat.    I am starting to really feel good about who I am, in this skin, and just going out and being me in it!

I switched how I was tracking all my goals halfway through the challenge, but I am pretty sure I missed only two nightly regime things, 3-4 days were missed bujoing, only 2 weeks were short on activity, and I hit the art goal every week.    I also, managed to do the post the pic thing every week, so that was a first time success on that goal!

FINAL GRADE OF THIS CHALLENGE:    A+

tumblr_nsxpfhJ5Xw1uz17elo4_r1_500.gif

Thank you so much everyone.   You guys have been soooo helpful encouraging me and keeping me pushing forward!   I am super excited to keep this up!

• Like 5

This is amazing! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself, but even more happy. But this is the part I like best

27 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

I did a lot of good things, sure... but it's the change in my attitude that I feel slowly coming around that is the real feat.    I am starting to really feel good about who I am, in this skin, and just going out and being me in it!

You are beautiful, creative,fun, and kind and I am glad you are beginning to realize that about yourself.

• Like 3

I'm loving the words that I see you describe yourself with. You are truly the lovely person that you're staying to see yourself become. The cosplay pics look amazing and the fact that you stayed in character just completes the experience.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I am starting to really feel good about who I am, in this skin, and just going out and being me in it!

This.  All of this right here.  This is what I'm happy to see.  You are an amazing person, and I'm really excited to see your perspective/attitude change.  You rock! 

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

This is amazing! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself, but even more happy. But this is the part I like best

You are beautiful, creative,fun, and kind and I am glad you are beginning to realize that about yourself.

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It is so exciting to see the change in your attitude.

QFT. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Starpuck said:

In short?  This challenge was amazing.     I did a lot of good things, sure... but it's the change in my attitude that I feel slowly coming around that is the real feat.    I am starting to really feel good about who I am, in this skin, and just going out and being me in it!

This is awesome, it's so cool to see you feeling this way in yourself - you really deserve to feel like that.

• Like 1

Yay for a great challenge! I'm so happy that you're feeling so great about it all, and yourself, I agree with everyone else that you're an amazing person and it's great to see you seeing that in yourself and having the confidence to put all that out there!

• Like 2

Yay for a great challenge! Looks and sounds like you freaking rocked the Celty cosplay. The mindset change is hard but sounds like you are making fantastic progress.

I'm looking forward to following future challenges and seeing all the great improvements you'll make (especially your art - I love seeing how much you are improving. Gives me a push to work on my own arting skills :) )

• Like 2