• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

204 posts in this topic

Agent Pond has become desperately bored in her current position and has recently decided to move up her self-determined deadline of requesting a mission transfer. With this comes a very intense deadline with multiple parts and the need to maintain a realistic physical routine. 

Notable Future Dates:

Mission Transfer Request Due: April 30th

Agent's Birthday: May 8th

Side Missions: 

Agent Kat's pending move (find a new house, pack up and sell old house, move)

Agent Dec's pending move (Weekend trip to help move things)

Agent Pond's Pending move? (only applies if mission transfer is approved)

Mission Parameters:

Mission Transfer Request is number 1 priority and will be put ahead of all other tasks until complete (End date: April 30th)

Parts:

1) Personal Essay

2) CV

3) Request References (First Email)

Send Reference Link (2/2)

Confirm Letter Receipt

4) Addenda

5) Request Transcripts

6) Pray for transfer approval and full funding of mission

Bunk Overhaul (Have complete Bunk overhaul achieved by end of challenge)

Krav Maga (2/12)

Flexibility (4/20)

Handstand Play (2/15)

Running or Cycling (7/10)

Body Weight Workout (8/10)

tumblr_nljm9lLeWQ1rdc6ego3_500.gif

Image result for Kingsman tumblr

(THIS IS MY COVERALL APOLOGY FOR MORE KINGSMAN STUFF. #NONEWCONTENT)

7 people like this

For those non-agent types here:

I decided to apply for law school and GTFO of my current position because I could be a lot happier elsewhere. Conveniently, my mother just got a promotion and is moving to the city where I'll likely end up going to law school which helps the rent cost a bit. My brother is also moving in a couple of weeks. So this challenge will essentially be about paperwork and moving (both body and homes) with a bit of fun birthday stuff thrown in.

7 people like this

Busy month. You've got this. And it looks like new Kingsman content to me, just saying. :) 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Asa Pond said:

I decided to apply for law school

YAY!!!! 

48e37aaaa906ee202f3cff6fa70f4026.gif

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Requesting clearance.

Level 5 Clearance Approved. Agent Rogue, welcome to the mission ops team.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Asa Pond said:

Level 5 Clearance Approved. Agent Rogue, welcome to the mission ops team.

Ooo, I like "Agent Rogue." It makes me sound way sexier than I can actually follow through on in any way.

I am excited to hear that you're taking the plunge with law school applications. In commemoration, I share with you this photo I took at Dragoncon last year, of possibly my favorite dumb cosplay joke ever. 

hyn1hZyl.png

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Ooo, I like "Agent Rogue." It makes me sound way sexier than I can actually follow through on in any way.

I am excited to hear that you're taking the plunge with law school applications. In commemoration, I share with you this photo I took at Dragoncon last year, of possibly my favorite dumb cosplay joke ever. 

I have faith in your ability to pull it off. 

That is beautiful. I've never seen a better cosplay. 

1 person likes this

!!!! GOOD LUCK with the application. :D 

1 person likes this

Had my first solid workout in about...3 weeks(?) tonight at Krav Maga. It was amazing. I was so happy to get back there and moving again. 

I'm almost done with my personal statement which means I can send it off to my recommendation choices and hope that they can accommodate the rather last-minute request. It's not ideal, but that's what happens when you make last minute decisions.

Bed early tonight so that I can get up early and get a workout in probably at the gym? 

Mission Report Complete. Off to stretch. 

Asa Out

3 people like this

That is awesome that you are applying and even better that you have decided enough is enough with your current position.  Best of luck to you Agent Pond.  How long after Transfer request is put in before the agency has to give you an answer?

8 hours ago, Myrik said:

That is awesome that you are applying and even better that you have decided enough is enough with your current position.  Best of luck to you Agent Pond.  How long after Transfer request is put in before the agency has to give you an answer?

Thanks!! I'm definitely long overdue for a change so I'm hoping for the best. 

I'm not entirely sure, but it should be a quick turn around. My guess is that I should know by the end of the challenge.

3 people like this

My transfer request is coming along surprisingly quickly!

Finished my personal statement for the first deadline. Now I just have to get it down to two pages for my secondary mission requests (backup schools). The statement ended up being an incredibly personal and difficult topic to write about but I am glad I did. It was terrifying to send to people who know or knew me well but didn't know this detail about my life. I really credit this forum and you guys for helping me open up about something that has impacted a large part of my life but I've never really talked to anyone about. 

I've now received official agreement from one of my recommenders and only need one more. 

Now all I need to do is write my addenda. This is really coming together! 

4 people like this

Seconding what Rogue said, so proud of you. I love how this mission is coming together!

1 person likes this

This is a huge and awesome change.  I know there are a number Esq. nerds on the boards, but if you ever have questions/want to vent/whatever about the process let me know.  Frankly, you sound like you are way more on top of the details than I ever was.

2 people like this

37 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Super proud of you, bud. That's awesome!

27 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Seconding what Rogue said, so proud of you. I love how this mission is coming together!

Thanks guys!! :D 

8 minutes ago, Mr.Six said:

This is a huge and awesome change.  I know there are a number Esq. nerds on the boards, but if you ever have questions/want to vent/whatever about the process let me know.  Frankly, you sound like you are way more on top of the details than I ever was.

Thank you!! I will definitely take you up on that. Luckily, I work my best under tough deadlines so it's been easy to buckle up and get it done. 

4 people like this

Mission Alpha has hit a bit of a standstill. Unfortunately, because I decided to apply last minute, I am hitting a roadblock when it comes to academic reference letters. It's finals season first of all, and second - I wasn't the type of student who had close relationships with professors for a variety of reasons. Neither of those factors are making for successful intelligence gathering. I have until the 30th but I'm starting to think this might mean mission failure. :( I'd be fine if it were professional references - The majority of my past bosses love me, but the schools want at least one academic. 

This weekend was all about moving prep - painting, landscaping, moving furniture, going through memories. I was exhausted at the end of everyday and could barely move but it was the good kind of exhausted where you know you've done a full day of work. So - no official workouts, but I'm counting them towards body weight because this is my challenge and I can do what I want. ;)

(Wish me luck you guys)

tumblr_oof4700DvA1uv228uo2_500.jpg

3 people like this

20 minutes ago, Asa Pond said:

tumblr_oof4700DvA1uv228uo2_500.jpg

Did you know that if you google "kingsman hug," you'll get a fair selection of mildly pervy Kingsman fan art? I know that now. You're welcome.

It's a hard time of year to get professors' attention. One of my friends who came over to game yesterday teaches biology at my university, and he was looking a bit haggard and saying things like "I just have to survive this week somehow." Good luck, amigo.

2 people like this