• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JustCallMeAmber

JustCallMeAmber posts gifs

Ok, end of last challenge beat me up a bit. Some progress was made, some things went a bit by the wayside (or maybe to the darkside?) This challenge I wanted rearrange things to divert focus away from my waistline and on to doing things that bring me ultimately closer to my goal of world domination happy, healthy self. Yoga makes me happy. Walking makes me happy. Learning things makes me happy. Beating my head against the wall trying to lose those last 7lbs, not so much. So instead we'll be doing good things, and making good decisions. And continuing to post gifs, because they also make me happy.

• Mental Health. I have (mostly) prepped a brief trufax about me. These are facts about me; non-disputable to mope-y brain. I am to read them daily whilst brushing my teeth. (Preferably in the AM and PM. Positivity sandwich!) I hope to be able to drill these into my brain and then branch out to more generalized, positive things I would like to believe about myself. Baby steps!

•  #Yoga365. I am not one to look too far forward (read: more than a couple of months out.) But I think I can actually make this one happen. *fingers-crossed*
    • Continuing bonus points for evening sessions, so that I will actually do them.
  • Walking. 20 minute minimum. Bonus for 8,000 steps. No changes here. ‘Tis working (mostly) and I know from prior experience that it will go away if it’s not included in my goals.

•  Core / ring work- 2 days / week (except shark week.. because OW!) Stop skipping core. It’s good for me. Finally got my rings hung back up, so if I’m feeling fancy I can exchange for ring practice. (Mostly just holds for now; I’ve forgotten how hard that crap is for my noodle arms!)
  • Cut.  THAT'S RIGHT, STUPID CUT! YOU GO LAST!! Ahem.. Main goal is just going to be some consistency. Also, adjusting tactics by NOT focusing on this quite so much. Still working on finding an effective number for me. But it seems like the harder that I try, the worse I end up doing. So we’re going to try to.. not try so hard? 
    • Will continue to track MFP and do my best to eat proper, nutritious food, but not to the point of getting stressed out.

• Keeping weighing my nut butter. If I am knowingly going over my limit, don’t just say “ah, screw it!” --weigh it anyways. At least I will know and not have to lie to MFP.

Also, I have decided to take a break from weighing myself daily for a bit. I weighed Monday and will not do so again until the end of the challenge. I figure worse-case scenario, I back slide a bit. No big deal. My hope is to be able to give myself some time to readjust my mindset as well as my expectations.

Let's get gif'in!

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Looks awesome!!! Isn't it weird that we suddenly stop doing routine things when they aren't tracked/reported? I guess it makes sense, but still blows my mind.

27 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Positivity sandwich!

giphy.gif

• Like 6

HEY BOO! Perfect theme. Lets just be real, amirite???

giphy.gif

I'm skipping the weighing too!! o/ Goal twins :D Love all your positivity as always, and heyo, there was so much going on last go around, looking for a reset sounds awesome. Here for you!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

6b102a4bc66ae7d43b7a6e45463a7e5b.gif

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I feel like there should be a bakery somewhere called Darkside Cookies. R2-D2 cupcakes would probably be pretty easy to pull off, right? ;)

2 hours ago, Deciduous said:

Looks awesome!!! Isn't it weird that we suddenly stop doing routine things when they aren't tracked/reported? I guess it makes sense, but still blows my mind.

giphy.gif

IKR? Like even things I enjoy doing just sorta float off into non-being or something.

Also, I watched this gif for longer than strictly necessary lol. It is adorable!

1 hour ago, ArgSki77 said:

funny-gifs-Cats-just-dont-care.gif

Hahaha! That is too perfect! I can also relate, since I have attempted yoga around a blond cat. He had the same smug expression too.. :D

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

HEY BOO! Perfect theme. Lets just be real, amirite???

giphy.gif

I'm skipping the weighing too!! o/ Goal twins :D Love all your positivity as always, and heyo, there was so much going on last go around, looking for a reset sounds awesome. Here for you!!!

Oh hai! Yeah, I may have "borrowed" the not weighing thing from you. I was going to tag but forgot lol. Thanks! :) And, YES, good time for a reset! :D

4 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

Mental health positivity for the win!

tumblr_o0rqwpSqb31tzv1dpo1_500.gif

(I tried to find a happy sandwich gif, but my google-fu is not working. A happy puppy gif is hopefully acceptable?)

YUS! Puppies are always welcome! Feel free to spam my thread with them if you'd like :D

• Like 4

21 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Core / ring work- 2 days / week (except shark week.. because OW!) Stop skipping core. It’s good for me. Finally got my rings hung back up, so if I’m feeling fancy I can exchange for ring practice. (Mostly just holds for now; I’ve forgotten how hard that crap is for my noodle arms!)

Noodle arms UNITE!!!!!

And #doyourdamnabs

• Like 2

On 4/18/2017 at 5:46 PM, JustCallMeAmber said:

Oh hai! Yeah, I may have "borrowed" the not weighing thing from you. I was going to tag but forgot lol. Thanks! :) And, YES, good time for a reset! :D

Oooh I am also skipping, for the rest of my "cut"! So far very relaxing!

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Deciduous said:

Oooh I am also skipping, for the rest of my "cut"! So far very relaxing!

giphy.gif

It is sort of freeing, isn't it? :) Much as I'd convinced myself it didn't matter what it said every morning, I think it was still registering subconsciously.

Also, that gif is epic! I think my cats would probably prefer tuna to leeks though lol

• Like 1

It is sort of freeing, isn't it? Much as I'd convinced myself it didn't matter what it said every morning, I think it was still registering subconsciously.

Also, that gif is epic! I think my cats would probably prefer tuna to leeks though lol

Definitely! I think you're right re subconsciously making decisions based on it. Curious where I am at the "end" without micromanaging or weighing/tracking.

And rubbing the cats down with a tuna fish is cracking me up.

• Like 1

Zero Week Summary:

• Mental Health. Positivity sandwich! Posted challenge Tuesday, so Tuesday evening thru Sat is checked. Baby steps!
  •  #Yoga365. 7/7. Check! Bonus points for evening sessions: 4.
  • Walking. 20 minute minimum. Bonus for 8,000 steps. 4/7. Bonus points earned: 3.

•  Core / ring work- 2 days / week. Check!
  • Cut.  4/7. Didn't do as well as I hoped TBH. But I did eat a bit more Sun/Mon because I was fried. And then Sat post-run, I had the wobblies and over-compensated.
    • Will continue to track MFP and do my best to eat proper, nutritious food, but not to the point of getting stressed out. Check!
    • Keep weighing my nut butter. If I am knowingly going over my limit, don’t just say “ah, screw it!” --weigh it anyways. Did not do Saturday.
    • Also, I have decided to take a break from weighing myself daily for a bit. No temptation to weigh in.

Felt like a good week. Couple of bumps in the road, but overall I am pleased. I love when deload and zero week sync up. Makes me feel so productive! :D

Much better headspace for the most part too.

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Thanks! :) A change of pace was definitely in order for me. Sometimes I get bogged-down in the minutia and lose focus on just living a happy life. So a change of perspective, with a sprinkling of positivity and just trying to find balance between being happy where I am yet still striving to improve seemed like a good 'theme' for this challenge.

Spoiler

I've been working on changing my attitude towards things too, i.e instead of "I've had a crappy day at work and now you want me to do MORE?! I WANNA SIT ON THE COUCH AND NOT MOVE!" gets shifted to something more like "Ok, I've had a bad day at the office. Now I get to take a relaxing walk to decompress and stretch my legs after being confined to a desk chair all day." One of those "you can't change your circumstances, but you can change the way you perceive your circumstances" type things.

giphy.gif

This has nothing to do with the preceding post. :P

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

OK, the positivity sandwich working is so, so, so awesome!!! Look at that string of days! Heck yes!

giphy.gif

can i just say, i LOVE the way cartoons make food

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

can i just say, i LOVE the way cartoons make food

What do you mean cartoons? Is this not how you make your sandwiches?

• Like 5

Yes!

I love when they eat things whole too.

giphy.gif

That's... Mildly disturbing. I think it's the eyes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

giphy.gif

I may be late, but I am here now!  Nice solid goals, I think we all could focus a bit more on the now and just be happy and in the moment in life a bit more often.

• Like 1