3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Love this theme!

tumblr_nnou9lxQSQ1u0fg7mo1_400.gif 

OMG

2 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

This theme reeled me in!

OMG

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

I'm glad we're working together, we have a shared porpoise.

O.M.G.

S58DX9X.png

• Like 7

THIS THEME IS THE BEST. I'm not even squidding.

21 hours ago, Deciduous said:

Problem: Stress incontinence on heavy deadlifts and squats. The worst. If this doesn't work I need to stop wearing a belt/lifting so heavy which would be worse even worse than the worst.

Challenge: Practice my physio exercises on warm-up sets every squat and deadlift day (2-3x per week) and during one savasana each yoga class (2-4x per week)

Any chance you would feel comfortable sharing those exercises? I encounter the same issue in front tumbling.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Breakfast - two thick cut bacon

Lunch - rainbow trout fillet with big serving leftover Costco southwestern salad, too much dressing, on greens and Brussels plus two carrots and 1-2 little Costco pakora things (these were yucky)

Snack pre-lifting - strawberry vega protein smoothie

Dinner - dry rub ribs and carrot cashew raisin slaw on greens (mayo, pb, molasses, sesame oil)

Snack pre-bed - casein with cashew milk

That's the best breakfast ever. But I hope it tides you over enough, you otter eat a little more.

ed14d85e6529b38bb275b32a1cd2f111.gif

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

16 hours ago, Deciduous said:

OK I hope this applies to front tumbling, and isn't stuff everyone except me knew already.... I've had two appointments with a pelvic floor physio. She's given me a little info package, but the most helpful things so far have been:

• When I breathe in, my pelvic floor pushes down. This is why bracing against the belt is causing me trouble, my PF is dropping and kind of impossible to contract.
  • My PF raises when I breathe out; if I lift all three parts (front, mid, back) when I breathe out then I'm contracting it.

This was an interesting read, too:

Pelvic Floor Guide for Women Who Lift

I didn't love everything in here, or everything from the physio, but from the article the description of deep breathing to stretch your PF and changing your bracing technique were super helpful. The notes on having to wear your belt tighter if you aren't bracing into it was helpful, but the following squat description from my physio was better:
"On the way down during the squat, lengthen (breathe in at top) your pelvic floor as your sit bones widen, and as you stand up, contract (breathe out) your pelvic floor to help you stand up again (without peeing)"

So, exercises: during yoga when I'm just laying there I practice breathing in and relaxing (like a huge oblong balloon) and then breathing out and contracting and holding each for as long as I can (maybe a count of 5-10), and during lifting I'm working on changing my bracing during warm-ups for sure and during sets when my brain is thinking instead of just trying to get it done, which had always been breathe out into the belt and hold it. Now I do that and then to move "up" (start of deadlift, or bottom of squat) I start breathing out and pull my abs and PF up. I'm still super hit or miss with it, but when I get it right I feel wayyyy more powerful with that force pushing me up and way drier (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Thank you for this info! I don't have that specific problem YET. But I have a weak PF in general from my medical stuff and could definitely benefit from applying this knowledge to my life. I find rushing to the bathroom to be rather annoying. 

• Like 2

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

BM5W7TO.jpg

Octaculaaar challenge!

I also have been looking into pelvic floor stuff and will be curious about your journey! I totes got that lifting pdf too in my search, but my problem is during high impact (see: tumbling, box jumps) than during lifting. I wonder if it is the same root cause or something a bit different? 

• Like 3

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

20 hours ago, Deciduous said:

I'm about to execute an otterly flawless challenge.

OMC* (Also, yes. Yes you are!)

20 hours ago, Deciduous said:

Also happy to note that getting showered and dressed when I get up has been less of a fight with myself the last two days.

I'm very much familiar with the pajama life. Freelanced for years, and plenty of remote work... and I loved that I could do my work in my pajamas! But there were times it started to make me feel... I dunno... less than human? It's amazing what rolling out of bed and tossing jeans on did for me. (Though jeans do mess with my morning flow work...)

*To be replacing OMG for the rest of the challenge...

gUh9yeKl.png

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, calanthrophy said:

Not that it's ever happened to me or anything.

No no, of course not :D:D:D 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Deciduous said:

main-qimg-b4eb84dc791fa6d3ede697c8e1827f

CONQUERED T-2 AND T-1

I'm so late today that the day is fin-fished. I meant to get in here earlier but got caught up trying to cuttlefish jokes out of my update!

Yesterday made it to 30 min spin class (cardio✔) and then did overhead press and a carp tuna dumbbell arm/shoulder accessory lifts, it was a short week at the gym for me so did all the arm stuff from sumo deadlift day a swell (lifting✔). Today was deadlift day (lifting✔ orcaward practice✔); to be honest, I've been dreading it and was going to talk to my coach if it felt as rough as last week. Went in feeling physically good though and it went reely well, so that was great! Did dumbbell accessory lifts and heavy farmers carries.

Food has been good! I am otter vegetables except frozen spinach right now, so need to remedy that tomorrow; this also accounts for my vegetable free dinner. Had my first treat this week too, and it was delicious. I'd been dreaming about chocolate cake the night before and then my friend showed up with gourmet cupcakes. Divine.

Foods:

Thursday

Breakfast - sausage patty
Lunch - sushi rolls! 3 smoked salmon nori rolls (wild rice, small avocado, cucumber, carrot, asparagus, wasabi/Tamari, pickled ginger) and a small serving of dry rub ribs
Snack pre-lifting - strawberry vega smoothie
Dinner - ribs and half a cucumber and some mushrooms, and 1/3 cup (dry) steel cut oats (with egg whites and spinach cooked in), topped with 1 cup Greek yogurt and 3 Tbsp (before whipping) heavy cream plus maple syrup
Snack pre-bed - casein with cashew milk

Friday

Breakfast - sausage patty
Lunch - rainbow trout fillet on greens/asparagus/zucchini/mushrooms/wild rice/olives with tahini and salsa
Snack - super decadent chocolate salted caramel cupcake. Filled with caramel and the icing was as tall as the cupcake. This was really good.
Dinner - two sausage patties and a can of tuna with wild rice and tahini
Snack pre-bed - casein with Greek yogurt

best update and best forum cartoon of the week hahaha. sometimes I skim read updates and I read all the way through yours. ;) I'm glad deadlift went well. It sucks when a particular lift is causing you grief. 

don't forget to drink your water! This is a water challenge no? :P I also need help remembering my water. And a fish out of water is? 

2c81c591b1ad4c726749cd6378189bd2.gif 

• Like 2

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

best update and best forum cartoon of the week hahaha. sometimes I skim read updates and I read all the way through yours. [emoji6] I'm glad deadlift went well. It sucks when a particular lift is causing you grief. 

don't forget to drink your water! This is a water challenge no? [emoji14] I also need help remembering my water. And a fish out of water is? 

2c81c591b1ad4c726749cd6378189bd2.gif 

Don't leave us floundering.

Reminds me of basic training. Drill SGT yelling "Drink, water!" at semi regular intervals during a smoke session.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior