• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

elvenengineer

ElvenEngineer Builds Habits

36 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

What kind do you guys have? There are SO many options I got a little overwhelmed while researching yesterday. If I must choose I'll probably just pick one with really good Amazon reviews.

https://smile.amazon.com/Philips-HF3520-Wake-Up-Colored-Simulation/dp/B0093162RM/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1495116280&sr=8-5&keywords=sunrise+alarm+clock

^This one. Admittedly a bit pricey but it has color transitions for both wake up and fall asleep settings which drew me to it initially. 

Glad to hear you're starting to sleep better!

32 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

https://smile.amazon.com/Philips-HF3520-Wake-Up-Colored-Simulation/dp/B0093162RM/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1495116280&sr=8-5&keywords=sunrise+alarm+clock

^This one. Admittedly a bit pricey but it has color transitions for both wake up and fall asleep settings which drew me to it initially. 

Glad to hear you're starting to sleep better!

That is actually the one I was leaning towards, so good to know! Awesome :) 

• Like 1

Okay, so this is going to be my challenge wrap-up because I'm heading out for vacation this evening with a group of friends.

There will be kayaking and biking! (I don't know how to ride a bike, so this should be interesting - if need be it's only like 1.5 miles and I have running shoes)

There will also be hiking! And breweries! I will be posting on Instagram to make @Br0din jealous, as always.

If anyone wants to see pics, it's elven.engineer on Instagram

In summary for my challenge:

Breakfast: Success 25/28 - for a new habit that's pretty on point, but will definitely continue for another challenge!

Self-care: this went really well, though I think I'd like to try to document it better in the future. When I'm down it'd be nice to have a list of self-care ideas that I could try, so documenting what I do and how it made me feel would be SUPER helpful.

Journaling: Could definitely do better - there were a lot of nights I decided not to journal, which was fine, but there were also nights where it didn't cross my mind and I'd like to improve that. Like last night - I didn't even think about it. And that's what I'd like to improve, not necessarily # of times journaled. Just a "would this help my mental health right now" check-in at the end of each day is my goal. So this one will continue on!

Other notable things that happened this challenge:

-noticeable lack of depression spiraling during Mother's Day. Yeah, I was still sad, and I had a lot of FEELINGS but not nearly as bad as years past. I'm super happy about this.

-started online NF coaching, am really enjoying it so far. I knew it would be nice to not have to program stuff for myself, but like, it's even better than I'd hoped. Even with the same calorie goal, I'm feeling way less guilty and stressed about eating now that someone else gave me the goal. And just going do workouts and not stressing about how much/often/etc I should be lifting is gold. And they're working around my travel plans and being super nice about it! That was always stressful for me.

-lost a therapist, gained a therapist: I like the new one a LOT better

-started doing hikes with the excellent @Taddea Zhaan

-started online dating! Met some cool people so far. And some terrible people. Live and learn.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

Okay, so this is going to be my challenge wrap-up because I'm heading out for vacation this evening with a group of friends.

There will be kayaking and biking! (I don't know how to ride a bike, so this should be interesting - if need be it's only like 1.5 miles and I have running shoes)

There will also be hiking! And breweries! I will be posting on Instagram to make @Br0din jealous, as always.

If anyone wants to see pics, it's elven.engineer on Instagram

More IPAs, less blondes.  

Image result for just saying

8 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

Breakfast: Success 25/28 - for a new habit that's pretty on point, but will definitely continue for another challenge!

That means you have to remember to do this on vacation too.

8 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

There will also be hiking! And breweries! I will be posting on Instagram to make @Br0din jealous, as

Mmm, breweries...

• Like 1

hey, i want to hear more about these dates woman! 

1 hour ago, Br0din said:

More IPAs, less blondes.  

more dark beer! brown ales! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Dark beers are best.

Image result for preach gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Br0din said:

More IPAs, less blondes.  

Ew, I hate IPA's. You clearly have no taste buds.

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

That means you have to remember to do this on vacation too.

I give myself a pass on breakfast when I'm not at home - baby steps.

When I have it solidly down at home, I'll transition to being consistent away from home.

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

Mmm, breweries...

they're the BEST

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

We need to go hiking! Will fill you in :D 

Dark beer is AWESOME. Definitely my favorite.

55 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Dark beers are best.

Image result for preach gif

^^^Exhibit A

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

You like pain and suffering. I think your love of IPA's is just an outgrowth of that. :panda:

seriously IPAs are like bug spray and ass rot had a baby

• Like 4

Stouts are #1 for sure, but I like IPAs. They're an acquired taste in a beverage that is in itself an acquired taste, so I can see people not liking them. First time I tried one I was like "Jesus God, what is this nonsense?" but they grew on me pretty quickly.

• Like 1