• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jarric

Jarric - Actions per Day

1 hour ago, Jarric said:

And they offered me a job!!

giphy.gif

Congrats!!! There are many worse things in life than having to choose between two good options :)

• Like 3

So I got a call this afternoon. That job I interviewed for this morning? I've got an offer from them too! All this time searching and then two offers in one day! I've got a massive decision to make over the net couple of days as to which leg of the trousers of time I walk down, but man I'm excited!

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Mega congrats Jarric, what are the jobs may i ask? 

Im in Manchester :) i like London but doubt i could live there. 

x

Commercial insurance broking - not the most exciting sounding thing in the world but I enjoy it.

I'm really not a city boy at all, much more comfortable in the country, so I'd never want to live in London. Currently I live in Sussex and commute in, but that commute /sucks/.

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Woo!  Awesome news Jarric!    Hard decisions are hard.   So if it comes to that, I will be sending all the good decision making vibes your way!

Thank you! I hope they help me make the right call! Then again, in the absence of having a crystal ball I'll never actually know what could have been, so I guess I won't know if I've made the wrong one :) .

2 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

giphy.gif

Congrats!!! There are many worse things in life than having to choose between two good options :)

Definitely, it's an excellent problem to have!

48 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Yeah, you got both jobs cause you're that damn good

Reserving my spot, I'll try to keep up.

Damn right I am! Cheers dude.

• Like 8

Awesome Jarric, congrats. Maybe do a pros and cons for both jobs and see if it helps?

Also im so in awe of the OCR stuff you do...maybe one day ill be able to do it too...

• Like 2

Actions/Day Scores for Wednesday:

• Took morning hayfever meds
  • Pre-prepped breakfast on the train
  • Checked in on here
  • Got in the gym before work - This was squat day but it's deload week (it's been deload week for about a month with how rarely I've been getting in, planning to actually push through it now!). The DOMS are pretty strong still due to the break since last leg day. [+5]
  • Stretched after my workout
  • Ate a pre-prepped lunch
  • Read the blog article about mindfulness and tried that for a few minutes (a busy street in London is not the best place to attempt this as a beginner, FYI!)
  • Took the stairs
  • Pre-prepped wrap on train
  • Daily dare - 30 tuck jumps - with EC (on leg day - so mean!) [+2]
  • Reasonably healthy dinner - puttanesca risotto with salmon
  • To bed on time
  • No alcohol all day
  • Not late for anything all day

For a total of 20 points.

This is probably a more reasonable score to expect from an average day (particularly whilst there's still Easter chocolate in the house), but it still looks like I did quite a bit of stuff right :) .

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Awesome Jarric, congrats. Maybe do a pros and cons for both jobs and see if it helps?

Also im so in awe of the OCR stuff you do...maybe one day ill be able to do it too...

Cheers, yeah that's a good idea. There will also be much reading of contracts and offer letters and whatnot to do.

If you train enough you can definitely get there, there's a lot of 5-7k ones as an easier start up to the really hard stuff. I've only actually done one OCR, with my second next week. If you really want to be in awe I recommend starting with @Charlie_Quinn and @EricMN

• Like 5

How the times have changed, brother! That's great news about the 2 job offers! How are both on the commute level? Also, I totally dig your challenge. I've done a point based challenge before and was generally shocked at ALL that I did on a daily. Keep up the great work, dude!

Wolf

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fleaball said:

Dude congrats! What a problem to have. 

(Want to do my job applications now? Clearly you've mastered it.)

Thanks! To be honest I just wrote a CV and gave the hard work to a couple of recruitment consultants - it seems to have worked!

22 hours ago, Xena said:

Great news!

Thanks!

21 hours ago, Starpuck said:

CELEBRATORY DANCE TIME

tumblr_msosz6UnYZ1r1t3nxo6_250.gif

Woo!

mal-dancing.gif

20 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

How the times have changed, brother! That's great news about the 2 job offers! How are both on the commute level? Also, I totally dig your challenge. I've done a point based challenge before and was generally shocked at ALL that I did on a daily. Keep up the great work, dude!

Wolf

One's about a 45 minute drive, the other's like a 20 minute /walk/. Either way a lot better than what I have now!

And thanks Wolfman, encouraging to hear it worked for you!

20 hours ago, RedStone said:

Hooray!!! Interview twins activate! Form of... strong benefits and retirement packages!!!!

giphy.gif

That gif is perfect for that line! Go interview twins!

1 hour ago, Tova the Vibrant said:

I love this plan you have going! Keep on crushing it!

Thank you!

• Like 4

Zero Week - Thursday

• Woke up on time
  • Ran. 1 mile slow, 4 fast, 1 slow. Total of 6.15 miles in 58:26 [+5]
  • Stretched after my run
  • Took hayfever meds
  • Brushed teeth
  • Had a job interview
  • Took the stairs
  • Updated the journal
  • Checked in here
  • Pull ups (5, 5, 4, 4, 4)
  • Set out work clothes
  • Set out gym kit
  • No alcohol all day
  • On time all day

For a total score of 18.

Was always going to be a lower scoring day as working a half day so out of routine and not taking a bag to work I couldn't take any food in. Food was actual garbage - Coco pops for breakfast, Burger King lunch, Dominos pizza dinner - blech! Also stayed up late watching critical role; man that show's addictive!

Today I have crazy DOMS, like the "I can barely walk" kind. Tomorrow I will therefore do no workout, and hope to be at my best come Warrior Run on Sunday :D

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jarric said:

Food was actual garbage - Coco pops for breakfast, Burger King lunch, Dominos pizza dinner - blech!

giphy.gif

I don't think any one is going to fault you for taking a rest day before going off to Warrior Run! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jarric said:

Thanks! To be honest I just wrote a CV and gave the hard work to a couple of recruitment consultants - it seems to have worked!

Well that's not as fun. You can go to my interviews for me then. They'll never notice. 

Time zones are dumb and I can't figure out if your race is saturday or sunday but I hope you crush it either way.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2017 at 10:46 PM, Jarric said:

I've got a few things going on at the moment and the past couple of months have been pretty stressful - I won't moan about that now (though I'm sure there will be some of that this challenge). Last challenge I tried to be very strict with my goals and use extra discipline to pull through it, and to be honest that went pretty horribly.

I hope you realise that just the fact you're still here in the Rebellion, reflecting and planning, is really awesome.

On 4/18/2017 at 10:46 PM, Jarric said:

Hide contents

Basically though if I think something's worth a point I'm giving myself a point for it! I've put workouts as being worth 5 points as I think that they're important, as also as they take vastly longer than most of the other things on there!

My gamer brain is saying 'make combos!' - for example a bonus point if you do something from every category. But if you want to keep it simple I understand that too :D

• Like 2

On 4/20/2017 at 6:53 PM, Jarric said:

So I got a call this afternoon. That job I interviewed for this morning? I've got an offer from them too! All this time searching and then two offers in one day! I've got a massive decision to make over the net couple of days as to which leg of the trousers of time I walk down, but man I'm excited!

Ain't it always the way? Double congrats!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Before you even post about it I'm gonna congratulate you on Rangering the Warrior Run ;)

This^

Though I have seen some Instagram stuff already...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Before you even post about it I'm gonna congratulate you on Rangering the Warrior Run ;)

6 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

This^

Though I have seen some Instagram stuff already...

Same. And I'm really curious to hear where the dressing gown fits into everything!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Same. And I'm really curious to hear where the dressing gown fits into everything!

That picture really made me think of Arthur Dent ;)

arthur.jpg

It's probably got something to do with gallivanting across the galaxy.

• Like 3