• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jarric

Jarric - Actions per Day

7 minutes ago, Jarric said:

Good to have you!

I suppose looking to move jobs is selfish in a way, but I think that's ok. You end up spending most of your waking life at work so you have to enjoy (or at least be prepared to tolerate) what you do. And although you will always have to sacrifice some time for work it's important to balance that with the things you want to do in your personal life. All of that is part of caring for yourself long-term.

And a masters, that's cool, what in?

History. I don't quite know what I'd research yet, but I do love the subject. I finish my undergrad degree soon, so it's a quick turnaround back to uni, but then, I did start my degree a few years after most. 

The job - Yeah, it's a good selfish, I think. I took the job because I needed somewhere asap, and they were the first to offer. It let me move out of London, but it's not where I want to be. 

• Like 1

Week 1 - Wednesday

• Took the stairs at work
  • Checked in here
  • Took the stairs at lunch
  • Saw a man drop a fiver, and gave it back to him
  • Cooked a new recipe for the Ranger mini - Sticky Soy Chicken Drumsticks with rice and veg
  • Meal prep for two days; breakfasts (eggs), lunches (Leftover chicken) and teas (wraps) [+6]
  • Updated bujo
  • Set up bujo for following day
  • Didn't turn on the TV when I got in from playing snooker
  • Daily dare - 50 reverse lunges - with EC [+2] (did these right before midnight, and then I did today's dare right after midnight)
  • Not late all day

Total score: 17

So I'm getting up late again, and consequently missing workouts :(. Don't know what the solution is, but definitely making an effort to go to bed earlier will be a start!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

History. I don't quite know what I'd research yet, but I do love the subject. I finish my undergrad degree soon, so it's a quick turnaround back to uni, but then, I did start my degree a few years after most. 

The job - Yeah, it's a good selfish, I think. I took the job because I needed somewhere asap, and they were the first to offer. It let me move out of London, but it's not where I want to be. 

That sounds really interesting. I think it probably makes sense to go into post-grad pretty quickly whilst you're still in the swing of academia (then again my highest qualification is in playing electric guitar, so what do I know?).

Yeah, sounds like you need to move on. There's nothing wrong in saying a job just isn't a good fit any more.

• Like 1

you are doing brilliant Jarric, good on you for giving that fiver back as well :)

I also wake later than i want to, but again i dont know how to get up earlu without me being exhausted all day. Earlier nights perhaps?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jarric said:

So I'm getting up late again, and consequently missing workouts :(. Don't know what the solution is, but definitely making an effort to go to bed earlier will be a start!

Getting rid of your commute has to help towards that goal :) 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Salinger said:

you are doing brilliant Jarric, good on you for giving that fiver back as well :)

I also wake later than i want to, but again i dont know how to get up earlu without me being exhausted all day. Earlier nights perhaps?

Thanks! I think the solution is earlier nights and just sticking with it until it becomes routine. It's a hard nut to crack though.

16 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

In :D

Just got to figure out points now!

Excellent! :D  If you're journaling at the moment, I say just write down every positive thing you do and count it at the end of the day.

16 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Getting rid of your commute has to help towards that goal :) 

Definitely! I'll be able to get up an hour to an hour and a half later and still get a workout in before work - bliss! Also, hopefully I'll feel slightly more motivated to start my day rather than hiding in bed as well!

=====

Proper update will have to be later, but in the meantime I can officially say I'm running the Bristol 10k at the end of week 2. I've been booked in for it for ages but I'm running it with my current company, so I wasn't sure if they'd still want me to join once I handed in my notice. But they do, so that's cool - my first 10k race!

• Like 7

Thursday - Week 1

• Daily dare - 10 clapping press ups - with EC (did these at 30 seconds past midnight to get them done!) [+2]
  • Brushed teeth
  • hayfever meds
  • Ate pre-prepped breakfast
  • Checked in on here
  • took the stairs
  • stairs at lunch
  • pre-prepped lunch
  • Walked from work to the London Palladium - it's about 3 miles and took about 50 minutes so I'm giving [+2]
  • On time all day

So another lie in and another missed workout :(

Yesterday evening I went to see Gütterdammerung. It's a stage show, where they play a really bizarre black and white moving featuring some really cool rock stars acting, and then they have a live band behind the screen and at times they light up the band so they appear almost superimposed on the screen, and sometimes the band come in front of the screen and act, and they play loads of rock and metal classics, and, you know what, just google it, yeah? It's seriously odd but a really good show.

I also tried Five Guys for the first time, so that's another "something new" for the Ranger mini. It was really expensive, but really nice, would definitely have it again some time.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Jarric said:

Thursday - Week 1

I also tried Five Guys for the first time, so that's another "something new" for the Ranger mini. It was really expensive, but really nice, would definitely have it again some time.

I love their burgers. nom nom nom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jarric said:

Do yourself a favour and don't look up the calories in that burger ;) I really love Five Guys. It is real expensive though. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I love their burgers. nom nom nom.

It was seriously good. Now I want a burger, damn!

18 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Do yourself a favour and don't look up the calories in that burger ;) I really love Five Guys. It is real expensive though. 

Yeah, I'm sure I really don't want to know! To be fair, the initial plan was McDonalds so it probably wasn't too much worse!

• Like 3

If you ever make it to Chicago ... I will take you to Kuma's Korner, and never again will you see a burger as anything but lesser to a Kuma's burger. ;)

Keep up the great work jarric!

• Like 2

On 29/04/2017 at 2:13 PM, Jarric said:

Yeah, I'm sure I really don't want to know! To be fair, the initial plan was McDonalds so it probably wasn't too much worse!

Yeah it was probably about the same except that Five Guys doesn't taste like a week old carpet with too much sugar. ;) 

• Like 2

They very just opened a five guys in my town and I'm hesitant to try it because I'm worried everything I've heard about it is just hype. If I'm going to pay a small fortune on a burger, I usually go for gourmet burger kitchen.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

They very just opened a five guys in my town and I'm hesitant to try it because I'm worried everything I've heard about it is just hype. If I'm going to pay a small fortune on a burger, I usually go for gourmet burger kitchen.

Mostly hype. The fries are decent for the price, and the burgers are better than fast food, but it's hardly the born again experience that's advertised.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Starpuck said:

If you ever make it to Chicago ... I will take you to Kuma's Korner, and never again will you see a burger as anything but lesser to a Kuma's burger. ;)

Keep up the great work jarric!

I'll hold you to that if I ever make it over- that's a big claim!

13 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Yeah it was probably about the same except that Five Guys doesn't taste like a week old carpet with too much sugar. ;) 

Exactly. Also McDonald's is 1/3 of the price, but then you get what you pay for.

13 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Now I really don't like GBK, so it's hard for me to make a comparison.

This was about £16 for double bacon cheeseburger, fries and unlimited soft drink. That's a lot of money but I was in the west end, so I doubt another burger place would have been much cheaper.

12 hours ago, Laghail said:

Mostly hype. The fries are decent for the price, and the burgers are better than fast food, but it's hardly the born again experience that's advertised.

Hey man, good to see you. Yeah, I think that pretty much sums it up.

10 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I'm late but now following! Heya Jarric!

Hi, good to have you!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jarric said:

This was about £16 for double bacon cheeseburger, fries and unlimited soft drink. That's a lot of money but I was in the west end, so I doubt another burger place would have been much cheaper.

It's about £14 here for that same thing. Which is about as much as I'm willing to spend on a burger under most circumstances. It's one of the best options in town though. Far from the best I've ever eaten but good enough to keep me going back.

Anyway onto another topic. Outta curiosity, what do you do about your glasses when you're doing Warrior Run? I'm pretty much resigned to the idea that I'm going to have to go without them for TM. My eyesight isn't so bad that that isn't a realistic option but I'm not thrilled by the idea.

7 hours ago, Jarric said:

I'll hold you to that if I ever make it over- that's a big claim!

Let me demonstrate... this is a Kuma's burger.  It's called Iron Maiden.

14691015_10154453999866352_8926551331321

Added bonus to coming out for a Kuma's burger!?   REAL LIFE D&D!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Now I want to go to Chicago! lol. I've been there twice when I was younger. Wouldn't mind going again. 

I just had Smash Burger the other day and I have to say it wasn't bad, but I felt it was a bit overpriced. The fries were amazing though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

It's about £14 here for that same thing. Which is about as much as I'm willing to spend on a burger under most circumstances. It's one of the best options in town though. Far from the best I've ever eaten but good enough to keep me going back.

Anyway onto another topic. Outta curiosity, what do you do about your glasses when you're doing Warrior Run? I'm pretty much resigned to the idea that I'm going to have to go without them for TM. My eyesight isn't so bad that that isn't a realistic option but I'm not thrilled by the idea.

Yeah, I just took my glasses off for Warrior Run. My eyesight isn't great but it wasn't too much of an issue running without them. Contacts might be an option but I really don't get on with them myself. Or you can get a cheap pair of glasses for about a tenner online if you know your prescription. The only other option I can think of is prescription swimming goggles!

======

Week 1 Round Up

So I haven't tracked the past few days as I've gone just through feeling too busy/not feeling like it. I've come up with some numbers but I may have dropped a fair few points because I can't remember what I've done:

Friday - 6 points and nothing interesting to report.

Saturday - 8 points. Went bouldering in the morning with marathon girl, and afterwards she commandeered a spare room there to take me through a yoga routine - it was good fun.

Sunday - 3 points - a pretty quiet day which was mostly spent at my parents for my little sister's 21st

Monday - 0 points. I honestly did nothing all day yesterday. Literally, I spent half the day in bed playing games on my phone and the other half on the sofa watching TV (all of this with WW beside me). I didn't go outside at all. I'm equal parts frustrated that I achieved nothing and happy to have had a nothing day.

Tonight a chap I met in the pub is going to introduce me to top rope climbing, which sounds like fun (and will mean I get a workout at least!).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Haha, that's a brilliant picture! I'll admit, that burger does look like a beast. If I ever get the funds to come over this has to happen.

Random thought: Week 1 my total score was 78, approx 11 points/day. Given that I got a 0 on Monday I'll need 13 actions/day to match that. That actually sounds pretty doable as long as I get a few good workouts in and get the evening routine nailed down.

• Like 3

It'll be interesting to see how you rate top rope compared to bouldering. We all need a 'nothing' day every now and again and bank holidays with crappy weather are a perfect time for them! 

On 5/2/2017 at 9:46 AM, jonfirestar said:

I wear disposable contacts for races, so if one pops out when I'm under water, I'm not going to miss it! A friend of mine decided it would be a good idea to keep his glasses on for the waterside on his first OCR. Those glasses still reside at the bottom of that lake. 

49 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

That's cute, guys. That's real cute...

avLw1WM_700b.jpg

What's with the little burger sitting on top. I can kind of understand the rest of it, but that just seems pointless.

• Like 2