• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RoachRex

RoachRex tries again

So here i am again. I'm not gonna waste time with a theme since it didn't add anything at all. And while I'll post updates as I can the main info will be right here in this post. So let's get to it.

Goals

Surfing 1x/wk

The weather is getting warmer and my car should be out of the shop this week. So I'm finally gonna go to the beach. Probably.

[  ] [  ] [  ] [  ]

Pushup Progress

I'm gonna do pushups every other day to try and reach the next level of pushups. 

[X] [X] [X] [  ] [X] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ]

Cook 1x/wk

I'm now eating enough and have something of an appetite. But i now need to eat healthier! So I need to start cooking!

[X] [  ] [  ] [  ]

Projects

I have a ton of hobbies and projects that I want to do. But often timed i just end up wasting time or goofing off. So I'm going to try and spend just 30 min a day on one of my projects. 

[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ]

[  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ]

I'm also participating in the mini-challenge and the feats are as follows:

Speed:  Run on the beach

Distance: Day Hike a trail (alt: walk 4 mi on beach day)

Ranger: Start a fire with no matches, lighter, or paper! 

Recovery: daily meditation and stretching.

Wish me luck!

• Like 1

Thanks!

So the plan is to start doing pushups and planning for the other goals now and see what happens.  I don't know if I'll actually be able to go surfing this weekend (I'll be moving back into my bro's house this weekend) but hopefully there will be enough time left.

• Like 1

Did baseline pushups today and added those to the 1st post.

I did 4 sets total. 3x7 1x6. I hope that by the end of this challenge I'm at least at like 15 lol I'd love to be at the next step though, knee pushups.

• Like 2

@Xena Thanks! My arms were super sore yesterday lol.

@Salinger  I'm in SoCal I live in one of the beach cities near Torrance. I'll totallytrade you if you live near woods!  I'm planning to move to washington state within the next couple years +_+

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RoachRex said:

@Salinger  I'm in SoCal I live in one of the beach cities near Torrance. I'll totallytrade you if you live near woods!  I'm planning to move to washington state within the next couple years +_+

I live close to a lake and some woods yes, but the beach wins ;)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RoachRex said:

And I was kind of jealous of your beach, but I already live in Wa. Our woods are pretty amazing.Our house has a green belt, so we have huge cedar trees in our back yard

• Like 1

Thanks!  So day one! I did pushups and got some higher #s (7, 13, 11, 10) but i think the incline was higher than the one I use at work.

I also got outside and swam for an hour in a pool. So no surfing today unfortunately. (My roof rack is in my car which is in the shop so :T).

Cooking also didn't happen but my mom is going to teach me to make tacos so I'm excited for that.

As for projects i spent the time planning on what my first yt video should be.  Honestly idk but ive got a few ideas written down!

• Like 1

So my first problem is that theres just a lot i want to do lol. Diy, video game stuff, divination,  outdoorsy stuff! Etc. Its a lot. 

But for my first vid i have supplies to do a few things: 

1. Building a raspberry pi laptop.

2. Anything about Norse Runes.

3. Making a thing out of wood or leather

4. Filming a hike maybe? 

I just really dunno what direction to start with lol. Do i need a theme? Is a sorta diy sorta vlogy thing ok?  I dunno lol that's kind of my main hangup rn.

• Like 1

Yesterday I did pushups, 12, 9,8,7. I knew the desk at work was lower than the table at home!

Other than that Ive been putting together a sort of camping equipment inventory. Stuff I think I need, and stuff I have. My car is still in the shop so I'm feeling pretty limited in the projects i can work on = = (since I'm not home) but we'll  see what I can come up with today!

• Like 1

For my project i ended up (trying) to draw. Nothing to write home about just some sketchies trying to make a design. I think this is what I'll be working on the most since i always have my sketch book with me lol.

2 hours ago, RoachRex said:

For my project i ended up (trying) to draw. Nothing to write home about just some sketchies trying to make a design. I think this is what I'll be working on the most since i always have my sketch book with me lol.

That sounds like a great project! How do you feel when you draw? I don't have any drawing talent, but it makes me feel more relaxed and imaginative.

Good work keeping up with the pushups!

I think a DIY video is a pretty reasonable place to start, especially if it's something interesting to you.

Honesty I just feel disappointed and frustrated, but once in a while I'll get something i can be semi proud of. And those times it feels great haha. I love making and developing characters though and i know the more i draw the better I'll get at it, its just a process and I quit a handful of years ago and have been trying to get myself back into the habit forever lol. I eventually want to make a webcomic bc i dont know how to express the same things in say a book lol. 

I enjoy the pushups bc its a fast inprovement, I can look at the numbers increasing each time, its a real confidence booster lol.

I'm getting my car back so I will probably be able to start a video this coming week or next week!

• Like 1

So the. Weekend mucked me up a bit. On Saturday i didn't get to go surfing bc i woke up at 11 and had to go to my mom's and help her with some stuff for a trip, after that there was a goodbye party for a coworker, we went out and had some drinks. 

By some I mean way too many and I'm surprised we got home ok >>

Sunday I had a mega hangover until about 3. Then i should have gone surfing or done my mini-challenge. But instead i made a cardboard laptop. It took me all the rest of the day to make this firehazard. I was gonna film it but i left some stuff at my mom's (fire stuff and tripod) = = i even forgot to do pushups on saturday.

I'll have to keep on top of things better this week. 

Oh on the plus side last week i cooked a side (just broccoli) and on another day i made pancakes! ovo

• Like 1

I'm just starting i havent even made it to the water bc when the weather warmed up things got all hectic u u.  But thanks haha.

This weekend I'm planning to though no matter what!

As for further updates, I did pushups yesterday,  18, 13, 7, and 9! And I'm debating on what to cook this week as I'll be going to the store tomorrow.

• Like 1