Dagger Metamorphose Into a Nomad

Dagger

On 17/05/2017 at 7:38 PM, fleaball said:

Newark is the absolute fucking worst. I hate it so much and I feel your pain. 

On 17/05/2017 at 8:15 PM, MichiruSedai said:

Agreed on Newark - yuck!

On 17/05/2017 at 9:18 PM, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Ah Newark..... I've actually not had bad experiences but that's my way to get home (and I don't travel much) so my limited experience has been mostly tolerable. 

Or maybe that's just a general welcome to New Jersey thing. (But I've also lived my whole life in NJ so what do I know :P)

Either way - welcome!!! 

On 18/05/2017 at 0:23 AM, Mad Hatter said:

The only good thing about Newark is that you can go outside and sit in the grass. The guards only look at you somewhat funny.  

You guys! :D

Thankfully I fly home via Chicago so no more Newark!

• Like 4

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

15 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Pro travel trip: try to fly into and out of "hubs" whenever possible (particularly if there are a number of close airports). Less chance of delays and cancellations. Although, the internet tells me that Newark is a United hub - so take it with a grain of salt. 

Also, Philly sucks too. 

Yupp, big United hob, that was very clear. I've usually switched in Chicago and L.A. before, but then I haven't actually been around the east coast much.

Good tip. Thanks! :)

• Like 3

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

@Severine is great and tonight I also got to met @fleaball. I had a great time. Two lovely ladies. :)

• Like 9

Today I am flying away from Boston. *sad face*

And on Sunday I will land back in Sweden gods willing. Not that I am sure gods have anything to do with flights and their running.

Time zones are such fun things. :P

I still have some more time with Severine and I've really had a great time here. :D

• Like 9

I am now back in Sweden and feeling absolutely clobbered with tiredness. I even slept 3,5 hours on the flight (which is at least 1,5 hour more than usual and when I sleep I really mean something slightly better than cat napping).

So I might lose a couple of days to jet lag, which would suck.

It is almost 19:00 and I can't wait until 20-21 when I could reasonably go to bed and not wake WAAAAAAY too early or actually sleep for WAAAAAY too long to get to morning.

Also, I now have a dinner date with my best friends in Stockholm tomorrow to celebrate my birthday one day early. It'll be nice to go to one of my favorite restaurants here.

PS. I'll do a challenge review/recap hopefully tomorrow. Today is the day I count as the last day of the challenge because mon-sun challenges fits better for me.

• Like 11

Have fun!! Hope you don't suffer from jet lag for too long :)

• Like 1

Dry January | 2022 Reading Challenge

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

7 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Have fun!! Hope you don't suffer from jet lag for too long :)

I feel better after a good night's sleep, but who knows how I'll feel this afternoon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

So I never did get around to posting my nerdversary post! So here it is. Kind of. This is the email I just sent to Steve to tell him what NF has done for me in my first year here.

I'll first however emphasize that one of the biggest changes in my life over the past year is having all of you guys supporting me. I mention it in the email, but I want to emphasize it as much as possible. You guys helped me change my life by giving me a place where I could share my thoughts and failures and successes and everything without fear of judgement. I've also gotten loads of good suggestions and advice and just general help. So thank you all for that.

Without further ado (spoiler because it is long):

Spoiler

Hi Steve,

When we met at camp last year I promised you an email; actually we talked multiple times and I especially appreciated the support after I did the rope course.

I’ve been meaning to write to you since but never felt like I had much to say. I hadn’t suddenly started working out more, I even fell off the wagon after camp.

Last year in late April/early May was when I read your book and found NF. I joined the forums on May 7 and since it is now my first nerdversary (or it was a couple of weeks ago when I wrote this) I thought it was time to write.

A year ago, I read your book and finally felt like I found someone who spoke my language when it came to fitness and changing your life. Not only the nerdy stuff but the real belief in baby steps. So many sources I’d encountered previously only paid lip service to true beginners, it was like they didn’t really understand where they would be coming from.

Not with you. I felt respected and heard and encouraged.

I started walking and as June came around I started doing NF forum challenges and I’ve joined every one since then.

Until camp I made some progress. I walked daily, I did some food changes, and I did a lot of self reflection to try and figure myself out.

Progress was slow. Then came camp and I met Kate Marolt there. That meeting made the whole thing worth it. Not saying other things didn’t light me up, but working with Kate have changed my life.

Actually I’d credit the mental, emotional, productive and energetic changes to Kate and the support network I’ve built through the NF forums.

Until I joined the NF forums and began participating in the challenges, I hadn’t realized how much support I lacked. And I have you and your team to thank for the existence of these forums so I could find support and grow. And I could give support.

There is now a place where I feel free to admit all my bad habits, my anxious thoughts, my crazy musings and everything else.

In October last year, I decided I would sell my house and become nomadic. It was only weeks after camp and I hadn’t started working with Kate yet, but the strength and growth I’d already gained from the NF forums made me feel brave enough to completely change my life.

May 2nd this year, so less than a week ago (when I wrote this), that decision became reality when I sold my house. I am now homeless by choice and have many plans for different places to visit and explore.

So what has changed in the last year? A few easy metrics are:
- I’ve lost approx. 10 kgs
- I’ve lost cms from several places but I need to take my measurements again to get an accurate count
- I gladly take walks more or less daily

Beyond that the changes are intangible and with great help from Kate Marolt. I am happier. I am more productive. I am much less anxious and know how to deal with it when it comes. I feel more and I can handle it better.

I can now keep up with daily chores (can’t call them household chores anymore!) and still do other things, which was never the case before. One year ago, I could hopefully do one productive thing in a day, now I can do several.

I meditate almost daily and find loads of benefits from it. I also feel like I have a better handle on myself, both how to work with my limitations but also how I can push them and grow.

One thing I’ve learned over a year of challenges is how to set goals for myself so I follow through. Part of it is framing; part of it is mindset and how I approach them and which goals I choose.

I am so grateful for NF, especially the forum. I haven’t transformed my body yet (at least not much), but my mind is in a completely different place than it was last year.

I feel lighter, happier and ready to adventure around the world while continuing on my path to being myself.

Thank you and everyone on your team so much.

Love,
Felicia Fredlund

• Like 8

Challenge Review

So I am going to do this free form style because that is what I feel like.

The first part of the challenge was in many ways the biggest challenge. But as you all know, I got everything moving related done in time. Perhaps I didn't manage to get as much cleaning done as I wanted. But I can say that is my only regret. Everything else seemed to go great.

Oh, I could have used a little more time for packing so I'd feel freer to let go of some things. (I'm currently living with two suitcases and two big backpacks full of stuff... oops?) Some of the excess will however be slowly dealt with since it is consumable in nature (although not necessarily in a eating-consumable way).

I don't know what more to say about that part of the challenge. I had my moments and hours of anxiety, but as far as I can remember I never actually lost a whole day to that emotion.

Well, the biggest thing is that I proved to myself both that I have changed my relationships to self-imposed deadlines (I can actually meet them now) and that I can do so much more now than I could before. One of the biggest difference in how I do things is that I take space for taking care of myself. I take me-time. And by taking that time I create more energy for other things.

Other changes has to do with how I've grown over the last year which you can briefly read about in the letter to Steve above. Yes, I said briefly despite the letter being long. I barely mentioned a fraction of everything I've done in the last year to be where I am at today.

I wish I could tell you all how I shifted my mind to be more accepting of myself and thereby daring to be more myself so I had more space to lean even more into who I am so I feel more and more accepting of myself. It is like a backwards catch-22: I got more accepting, so I had more space to be myself which made me more accepting of myself.

But I truly have no idea how to convey how I did that because I can't figure out which steps were the critical ones and we are all so unique that my steps might not work for you either.

All of those things contributed to me feeling more like a average productive person. I know that averages and normal and all those kinds of words have no actual meaning in themselves. I would be better off the more I can throw off the meanings those words have to me of what a normal productive person can do on most days, etc. I recognize it and I work on it.

Or perhaps I should start re-framing it into what I want to be my average productive output in a day. And then I can compare to that aim/dream/goal. :)

~*~*~*~*~*~

Second part was Costa Rica and Boston. Although I guess for me it felt more divided into four parts: the days after moving but before Costa Rica (pre-CR), retreat in CR (retreat), days after retreat but before Boston (pre-Boston) and visiting @Severine (Boston).

Pre-CR

So this time was filled of more needed productive tasks which I got through probably more of them that I thought I would. Although I still have a couple of lingering tasks that I might just deal with for the next few days.

Otherwise I am not sure what to say about these days. I suppose I could go back and look at my updates, but beside productive tasks and nice long walks, I don't think there is much more to say. (This is also only like 3-4 days depending on how you count it.)

Well, I suppose the flying on the day before the retreat started should be counted here too. And basically the biggest thing I can say is: I DIDN'T MEAN TO VISIT PANAMA BUT NOW IT IS TECHNICALLY A COUNTRY I HAVE VISITED.

Retreat

I wouldn't want to be at retreats all the time, because you need time for implementation and integration, but wow... This one was so good.

Very different from the one I did in France with Kate (and Makenna) and at the same time very much the same in certain matters.

So this one was lead by Kate (Marolt) and Amy Clover, both are instructors at Camp NF. Although I never did got to one of Amy's classes at camp, possibly the only true regret I have (I don't dwell on it, but if there was one thing I would change, there were a few classes I could exchange for having one with Amy).

Thankfully have a focused week with her made up for what I missed 1000%. ^_____^

It is hard to figure out what to say about a retreat like this, because basically this was the daily schedule (with a couple of days of variations):

1. Have breakfast with fellow retreaters
  2. Have before noon/morning session which consisted of yoga with Kate and then some kind of emotional/mind/energetic exercises. The exercises could be journaling, meditating, talking, etc.
  3. Have lunch with everyone
  4. Some free time to do whatever (pool time was probably my most frequently used option)
  5. Afternoon session which consisted of workout with Amy and then more exercises for emotions/mind/energy
  6. Dinner with everyone
  7. Some free time before crashing into bed early because the daily schedule definitely tired me out in a good way

One day, the switched around and we started with an Amy workout. And on the paddle board river adventure day we didn't have an afternoon session. Then we also had a mostly free day which I used to walk on the beach and hang in the pool that had a later afternoon session and then an evening session.

So now that you know what we did, what can I say? I could discuss the exercises we did. I could talk about the shift and changes I noticed in myself. But that still feels unnecessary.

I'm not saying I won't talk about the shift and changes, because I probably will at some point.

To concisely describe what it was like: life changing, hard, invigorating, awesome (the real definition not the casual use of now), uplifting, making space, tiring, releasing of old, adventurous, vegetarian (the food at the resort was mostly vegetarian except for having fish some days), good feeling for my body, motivating, readying for new, hot, humid, rain and thunderstorms (yummy!), and more.

Pre-Boston

This time was meant to be integrating after the retreat. I remember after the France retreat when I was in Cannes, all I wanted to do was sit and stare at the Mediterranean. So I made sure I had the space for that post-retreat in Costa Rica. However, just like Kate has told me multiple times. Things are never quite the same even being in the same place (which I wasn't geographically speaking). Basically, experience changes.

So while I didn't feel an overpowering need to just integrate by doing nothing. I am very grateful to have chosen a pampering hotel despite the cost. I spent time in their pool. I walked on the beach. I bought some bracelets and a postcard.

I caught up on the forum and did some productive tasks that needed to happen (I found a 4-star hotel in Pisa which had a great deal for the two nights I am there in July).

Basically, I had a relaxing and good time.

Boston

So after some delay on the last flight to Boston, I arrived and met @Severine in person. She is a great host. I had loads of good food. We went on several walks and even something you could call a short hike. She helped me buy a great hiking backpack that will get used during my Norway adventure in late July. We also went canoeing on the morning of my return to Sweden (I had afternoon flights, plus I technically didn't arrive in Sweden until the next day—time zone change)

We went to dinner with @fleaball and a lot of fun was had.

I really had a great time and it was awesome (in only the good sense!) to finally meant Severine and Fleaball face to face. :D

~*~*~*~*~*~

Then on the last day of the challenge (by my Mon-Sun dates), I arrived back in Sweden after my two week trip to Panama-Costa Rica-Boston. And all I can say about that day was: I was tiiiiiiiiiired.

~*~*~*~*~*~

So, how successful was the challenge? Well for one thing, I had extremely loose goals due to the nature of what was happening. Well, I had very specific goals/to-do list during the first part of prepping to move. But after that? Not so much.

I've spent time on self care or me-time as I am planing to call it from now (I think). I've also written up a couple of blog posts that I will post about the first parts of my nomadic travels. Those will hopefully be posted and scheduled over this next week with photos. (PM me for a link to the blog.)

Beyond that, I can't say I've completely done what I wanted to or should I say what I meant to do. For example, I've not been journaling about places the way I meant to (this is different from the blogging). Movement have happened most every day, excluding some travel days and such (this is counting after the move).

I followed my intentions for the retreat and gained more than I imagined I would. Plus it gave me some ideas for future plans I have.

Mostly, it have been so nice to focus on fun and relaxation for a few weeks after the six weeks of grueling work on moving. Well, some might say the retreat wasn't exactly relaxation or even fun at points. But something I've realized is that I don't hate work. I don't want to laze about all day that gets boring quick.

Instead, my very narrow idea of what work is/was have been the thing standing in my way. Working on yourself is definitely work at times, but so very rewarding that I don't really mind doing it. (Except for some specific hard moments.)

Well, this post is now more than long enough, but be prepared to get a few of these from me for the next few days, because I feel like talking/typing out my future plans to figure them out.

• Like 10

Jet lag is still dogging me. This morning I'm feeling not-quite nauseated, but almost. Like my stomach is saying "give me food". I gave it food and now it is saying "nah, not quite what I wanted". Plus I'm feeling exhausted despite 9ish hours of sleep.

I guess I am going to the bank tomorrow...

• Like 5

So today I didn't walk and I didn't write which was like the two things I wanted to do with my day.

My analysis says it is in some ways due to two things, perhaps with the added effect of a third.

1) I was feeling off when I got up so I decided to let myself rest until I got better.

2) I had no system or plan for when to check in if I felt better so I could switch what I was doing if I wanted to.

The possible third is that I got up about 3 hours later than usual so afternoon appeared and then disappeared before I knew it.

So it seems one part of the solution is to put a system in place to remind me to check in with my body, mind and energy to see how I am doing. That way I can turn to other activities when I need to, whether that is to turn to rest or to being more active.

I'm not quite sure how to do that. It can't be a computer solution because I might be on my tablet instead of the computer, or I might be playing with my Nintendo 3DS or something beside my laptop. Plus I might be switching between different computer accounts.

The easiest solution however decided to die by humidity in Costa Rica, aka my fitbit. So I suppose I could set up a 1 hour or 2 hour timer on my phone to remind me, however I'd go bonkers if I had to take my phone everywhere I go. It often just lives in one place in whatever place I am staying. Unless I specifically need it, it is not on me.

Any ideas, guys? Perhaps the phone being annoyingly far away isn't a bad thing since it'll actually get me to stop doing what I am doing just to get up and turn it off. More annoying if I happen to be out and about when it goes off...

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Any ideas, guys? Perhaps the phone being annoyingly far away isn't a bad thing since it'll actually get me to stop doing what I am doing just to get up and turn it off. More annoying if I happen to be out and about when it goes off...

Cheap digital watch with an alarm.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

21 hours ago, Dagger said:

I gave it food and now it is saying "nah, not quite what I wanted".

Picky stomachs...

I hope you're feeling much better by now.

Your challenge was quite an adventure! Waiting to read your next steps.

• Like 1

When I let go of what I am,

I become what I might be.

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Cheap digital watch with an alarm.

If I didn't enjoy not having a watch on my arm for the first time in my life, this would probably be what I'd go for or getting a new fitbit (silent vibrating alarm is nice). I've had a watch on my arm since I was an early teenager, and any time it has needed a new battery or such I've missed having a watch fiercely. But right now?

Right now, I am trying to teach myself to not be so obsessed with time. To go with the flow more and not care so much how long something takes or doesn't.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, zenLara said:

Picky stomachs...

I hope you're feeling much better by now.

Your challenge was quite an adventure! Waiting to read your next steps.

I am. It took maybe six-ish hours, but then my stomach was fine. :)

I have a looooong post coming, and will ask for feedback at the end of it. Whatever happens from that, I'll post a link to my next thread I'll be updating in.

• Like 4

Disclaimer: This is a fucking huge post. Have fun!

So to figure out what I want to do next. I want to look at several different ways to figure it out. Some will be familiar to those who've followed me for a while. Some will be new ones I've come across. At least one is a new one from Kate (surprise!!!!!).

Oh, and I guess at least one cat will be out of the bag about my changes from the CR retreat. One thing that is hard to miss while visiting CR is the closeness to nature. The very elemental feel of it. And I use elemental deliberately. Fire in the heat and the strong sun. Water in the humidity, the rain (during the rain season) and the pool/ocean (obviously not quite the same all over the country). Earth in all the trees (most buildings were hidden by the amount of trees in Nosara so it looked more like isolated houses than a village or whatever size it actually is), plants and animal life (howler monkeys, bugs and more bugs, butterflies, lizards, etc.). Air is the heaviness before a thunderstorm (yummy), wind, and the freshness of it.

Basically being in Costa Rica made me feel so close to the elements that I now want to acknowledge them more in my life and make sure I get a balance between them in my life. Also, tarot talks about the elements a lot (air is for the mind, water is emotions, etc.). Plus Amy and Kate talked about the fire inside us, whether you call it soul or life force or passion or whatever, they spoke about the true self inside us (or at least that is how I interpreted it).

So on to the different methods to tease out what I want to do next. Also: I don't plan to try and do all of them in the next 4 weeks.

1)

Towards the end of the retreat I went to, Amy and Kate asked us what kind of feeling we want to feel every day. What kind of energy we want to bring and such things. I feel like I have 3-4 of them depending on how you count.

Peace—basically stillness and calm and kindness and gentleness all wrapped together

Connectivity—connecting to nature, where I am staying, people I met, my family & friends, and myself. I wanted to feel connected

Trust and Vulnerability—I want to be vulnerable, but to be that, I need to trust, except to trust I need to exchange vulnerability. It is a catch-22. So I want to extend trust by being vulnerable; basically I want to do more of it. (So this one can be counted as two or as one because they are so interconnected.)

Strength—This is my word for this year, and I'm not sure how relevant it feel right now. At the same time, there is strength in being peaceful. There is strength in connection. There is strength in trust and vulnerability. So I suppose I am seeking strength even if that word isn't the one propelling me right now.

So I want to use those feelings/words to help me focus my efforts so I can bring that energy into my life.

2)

From Kate's course Nourish Yourself, I'll take the 8 areas and look at each separately to figure out one step I want to do for each one of them. It might be building a new habit or just a task. I've also added a new area that works kinda underneath a lot of things, I've talked about it before: energy patterns. Basically the most conscious parts of what we do are in the mind, then below that is emotions, and below that you have energetic pattern (such as learned behavior of all kinds). So I added that area with the name "Energetic".

Physical: stretching

Mental: meditation

Emotional: read new to me fiction and re-read The War of Art, Big Magic, and The Big Leap

Spiritual: feel into the four elements

Energetic: create a mantra for how I want to feel / something related to the four elements and connect with it

Environmental: create a home/ritual/calm space in my hotel rooms, basically something that I'll set up same-ish in each place to have the feeling of home

Financial: continue with organization lecture

Creative: allow space for writing and fill it with that fun activity

Relationship: connect weekly with a friend whether by email, postcard, phone or texting

3)

Identity based habits is a blog article from James Clear. I really liked that article because of two things. The help with deciding your goals by figuring out the identity you want, and the focus on establishing that identity and ignoring performance and everything else until it is established. Just go read the article, it is good.

I am the type of person who eats in a way that makes my body feel good.

So my small step for this would be to check in with my body after eating to see how she liked it or didn't. Not changing anything I eat, just learning how I feel afterwards. The next step from that would be to feel into it before eating and perhaps changing what I eat, if possible, when my body asks for it.

I am the kind of person who moves every day (for fun).

So I feel like the first step here is probably to commit to a 5-mins walk (or longer) every day. Even at 10 pm when it is getting dark, five minutes aren't that long.

I am the kind of person who does mobility (to feel great).

I know the step for this one. Start doing daily wrist stretches. I have some from Elements I could try. Just one stretch is enough to fulfill the goal at first.

I am the kind of person who writes every day (for fun and fulfillment).

I just started a quick little challenge with a friend to write ca 500 words per day for the rest of this week (aka rest of zero week). That might be a little higher than I'd set as a small step to establish an identity, but I also have bigger things starting in June which I'll talk about in my next post.

I am the kind of person who enjoys my creativity; all aspects of it: the agony and the ecstasy, the success and the failure, the joy and the embarrassment, and all the rest.

In some ways, this one goes together with the previous one except this one includes everything I do with creativity after the writing (submitting to magazines, designing covers, publishing, updating websites, etc.). But a good start is to focus on the writing, so this one doesn't need its own step for now.

Challenge or battle log? If battle log, new or old?

I've been thinking for a while that maybe I should switch to a battle log now that I will be traveling more. Because the thing is, my goals have always shifted and changed when I travel and when I go from one place to another my perspective have often shifted and I've wanted to shift my goals with it.

The problem with traveling for only part of a challenge means that challenge really get cut up into pieces that are often too short to do much with, which means I often don't push.

So I'll give a quick look what my next few months will look like to illustrate.

Today to May 29: Sthlm, Sweden  (short name for Stockholm that people who've lived in sthlm for a long time use)

May 29 to June 1: Florence, Italy (flight from Sweden on first day, train to Tuscany on last day)

June 1 to July 13: Tuscany, Italy

July 13 to July 17: Pisa to Massa and back to Pisa and then flying to Sweden

July 17 to July 30: Sthlm, Sweden

July 30 to July 31: Bodö, Norway

July 31 to August 6: Adventuring around Leknes, Norway (hiking, climbing, surfing/SUPing)

August 6 to August 7: Bodö, Norway

August 7 to August 9: Sthlm, Sweden

August 9 to at least September 8: London, UK

After this I don't know exactly what I'll do.

This challenge I'm currently still posting on was challenge #4 for the year so here are the next few and where I'll be and where I'll travel during each.

Challenge #5 (if we go by my Mon-Sun challenges, so I start a day late): Florence plus Tuscany

Challenge #6: Tuscany, Pisa/Massa, Sthlm, Bodö, Leknes, and Bodö.

Challenge #7: London plus potentially another place if I move on August 9.

I've not counted the zero weeks or the summer break. But I feel like dividing it up like that would be pretty worthless. Especially challenge #6 which would see me all over the place.

Instead, all my time in Tuscany is six weeks and it would make sense to have that as one block. Florence and Pisa/Massa will be similarish to each other (I'll be writing and sightseeing/being with a friend). My long Sthlm time would work as a nice block, the shorter one between Norway and UK would just be laundry and packing basically. In Leknes, I won't be in charge of what I do really since I'm going on a pre-planned trip plus we are hiking and stuff so I am leaving most if not all my electronics at home (I think I'll take my phone and my kindle basically); during that time I won't have many goals at all beside being right there in the moment. Then in London, I will be for a month/four weeks starting in the middle of a week.

Considering that, it feels like having a battle log would make so much more sense. That way I can divide up blocks as they fit with my travels instead of trying to shoehorn my travels into the challenges. Plus I won't need to divide one block into three parts (challenge X, break/zero week, challenge y) and have my smaller blocks smash the four week challenges into an unrecognizable pile of differently sized lumps. Do you guys agree/disagree?

So next question: should I use my existing battle log called Daily Questing or should I start a new one? I could still use the daily questing one as I do now if I make a new one. Aka use the daily questing one for tracking long term goals, to remember challenge/block ideas, and/or also track any challenges that fit outside the blocks (although I'd post the daily updates in the block/new battle log). For example, I could do monthly goals/intentions which would be easier to track than the random weeks that the challenges fall on.

Give me your thoughts! :D (Made this purple so you'd see it easier! I basically need thoughts on challenge vs battle log and/or new vs old battle log. So only the last heading)

I meant to write more below this, but I think I'll save that for another post. So I can get your feedback first. :)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Two battlelogs would get confusing, I'd stick with just one. It sounds like you really would prefer to do a battle log, so give yourself permission to do what's going to work better for you.

All of this. You can always change the title of the current battle log to whatever you want. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Two battlelogs would get confusing, I'd stick with just one. It sounds like you really would prefer to do a battle log, so give yourself permission to do what's going to work better for you.

Hmm, you're probably right about the two battle logs. I wonder how I can organize it so I won't go crazy from the mess... haha. :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fleaball said:

All of this. You can always change the title of the current battle log to whatever you want. 

Changing the title might be a good idea. To reflect what I'm actually doing. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Virago said:

Hey Dagger!! Your upcoming nomadic adventures sound AMAZING :) Can't wait to hear more!

:abnormal: Thanks! And hi Virago!

I has now officially set my Italy goals on my battle log. I also renamed it to Progress as a Nomad.

So you can find most of the interesting links in my signature, but I'll also link them in this post because I am nice.

The latest post with my goals for Italy:

I also suggest you check out the summer challenge I am doing: Summer Challenge 2017

I rewrote the first post of the battle log to reflect the now: Progress as a Nomad

And lastly the second post on it has useful links and my travel schedule until early September: Useful Links and Travel Schedule

So that is where you will find me from now on. I will continue to follow everyone's challenges. And hopefully using my battle log will work well for me. (Do feel free to read all the posts in the battle log if you want, but most of them are from May last year so not very relevant. Other relevant posts can be found in my signature such as 2017 overall goals.)

• Like 6

It is always a bad idea to start a new thread on the weekend. So little activity. Basically, I'm starting to wonder if it is invisible or not giving notifications, but I checked the follow count and there aren't that many on my now-in-use but old battle log. :P

Don't forget to follow my battle log if you usually only check the challenge forums! :)

• Like 2