Dagger Metamorphose Into a Nomad

And now I'm going to heap praise on Kate Marolt, so anyone who's followed me for a while won't be surprised, haha.

So I did one of her guided meditations "Total body tune-up" or something like that it was called. It was first scanning the body with a ring of light to see where it was at, then it asked me to bring in the feeling of excitement and feeling great and being happy and motivated and just all around great into my body. So I did (it feels like champagne to me), then I infused the ring of light with the feeling and scanned it up and down my body, sending that happy feeling into every cell of my body, programming me to feel like that.

Now I feel happy and rested. And I know I can get everything done I need to today. Today, I can catch up and make sure I am on plan for the rest of part 1 of this challenge.

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Dagger said:

Anyone else obsessively listen to one song when feeling in certain moods? Like, right now I'm playing Busy Doin' Nothin' from Ace Wilder. I don't even own the song, so I keep clicking to replay it on Youtube (I'm sure I could figure out how to put it on repeat with a play list or something, but that is too much work). I actually tried to listen to another song and my mind just went "nope, not right sound".

Yes. All the time. I have playlists or types of music I listen to for almost every situation. I use Pandora and name my stations based upon what I use the music for (I use Pandora just because of how long I've had it - not that I'm completely loyal to it over any other option). 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Dagger said:

Anyone else obsessively listen to one song when feeling in certain moods? Like, right now I'm playing Busy Doin' Nothin' from Ace Wilder. I don't even own the song, so I keep clicking to replay it on Youtube (I'm sure I could figure out how to put it on repeat with a play list or something, but that is too much work). I actually tried to listen to another song and my mind just went "nope, not right sound".

Yuuuuup. Been there, done that. iTunes probably thinks I'm crazy. 

Sorry youve been feeling so tired. :( you're so close to the end though. You've made so much progress in an unexpectedly short time and it will totally be worth it. 

• Like 3

Also, I feel you on the stress of packing! I've moved a lot over the years, and I can tell you the fewer personal belongings you have, the less stressful the process is. So while this part is hard, the next time you have to do something similar, the easier it'll be. I know that doesn't help you NOW, but there is a lightness to knowing that it isn't always going to be like this. 

AdViyu5.gif

• Like 6
38 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Yes. All the time. I have playlists or types of music I listen to for almost every situation. I use Pandora and name my stations based upon what I use the music for (I use Pandora just because of how long I've had it - not that I'm completely loyal to it over any other option). 

I also have playlists for different moods. I don't listen to just one song on repeat all the time though. If someone lived with me that would drive them crazy I'm sure. HAHA.

32 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Yuuuuup. Been there, done that. iTunes probably thinks I'm crazy. 

Yeah, if music players had thoughts... What would they say about my love for the song The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars?

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Sorry youve been feeling so tired. :( you're so close to the end though. You've made so much progress in an unexpectedly short time and it will totally be worth it. 

In this we are in the same kind of boat. You have so little school left. I only have about a week and a half of stuff to deal with left. *hugs to us both*

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Also, I feel you on the stress of packing! I've moved a lot over the years, and I can tell you the fewer personal belongings you have, the less stressful the process is. So while this part is hard, the next time you have to do something similar, the easier it'll be. I know that doesn't help you NOW, but there is a lightness to knowing that it isn't always going to be like this. 

AdViyu5.gif

<3 I hear you, and I do feel lighter for getting rid of so much. *hugs*

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Severine said:

Thank goodness you were able to move the vaccination thing :)  And huzzah for meditation helping!!!

That was such a HUGE weight that just fell off. The nurse I talked to even said something along the lines of "Yeah, don't go out into that nasty weather". :)

I wish I could share the amazing things I get from visualizing/guided meditation with you guys. It is such a game changer for me.

• Like 3

6 and 9 months later, I finally upload pictures from my hiking trip in Austria, Camp NF, and France trip photos. This is what happens when you go through and declutter your stuff. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I never procrastinate. Neeeevverrrrr....

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, Dagger said:

6 and 9 months later, I finally upload pictures from my hiking trip in Austria, Camp NF, and France trip photos. This is what happens when you go through and declutter your stuff. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And no link?  <_<

• Like 3

Someone just asked for my address directly on one of the FB sell&buy group. Yeah, I'll totally leave my address public like that... Well, they could just google my name and find it I suppose... So I PMed the person and asks what they were looking for and they answer like this "This and this like I commented!". I'm all apologetic saying I didn't see the notification then I go looking...

There is no comment anywhere of what they wanted to buy. Riiiight. I'm not saying that, but we'll see how this sale goes or not. Lol.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Dagger said:

So I PMed the person and asks what they were looking for and they answer like this "This and this like I commented!". I'm all apologetic saying I didn't see the notification then I go looking...

There is no comment anywhere of what they wanted to buy. Riiiight. I'm not saying that, but we'll see how this sale goes or not. Lol.

I can see that working out well.

"Why didn't you come Wed morning like we agreed to pick up the stuff?"

"I did! I totally did, just like I messaged I would."

"Um, sir? You really didn't."

"How dare you call me a liar."

"The items are here in my living room. I'm looking at them."

"...."

"What's your address again?"

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Severine said:

I can see that working out well.

"Why didn't you come Wed morning like we agreed to pick up the stuff?"

"I did! I totally did, just like I messaged I would."

"Um, sir? You really didn't."

"How dare you call me a liar."

"The items are here in my living room. I'm looking at them."

"...."

"What's your address again?"

Hehe.

Well, they are sending their husband, so perhaps he's a little more reliable, I'll see tomorrow. It isn't a big sum we're talking about anyway, so we'll see. ^____^

• Like 2

Day 5 of Before the Move

2017-04-24

I realized I never gave an official report for yesterday. I'll just mention that I cleared two spaces and I cleaned up my declutter to-do list somewhat. The rest of basically already in posts on page 3.

Day 6 of Before the Move

2017-04-25

So I didn't quite do everything I needed to today. I had four rooms to clear as far as I could: bathroom, living room, office and kitchen. I did all but the last one.

So why did I get to them all?

A little bit was procrastination, sure.

A bigger part was figuring out shipping for a stranger because if I didn't ship she couldn't buy it. She recently had surgery and couldn't drive to me for another two weeks. Except in two weeks I hope to be sipping a piña colada by the pool in Costa Rica. You guys remind me that I should definitely get such a drink, or some other awesome fruity drink. And I want to say only one, but I want to go somewhat with the flow during the retreat, so outside the retreat if I haven't had a fruity drink, I will go for one. :3

"Sola och bada i Piña colada
På sommarn é livet som bäst
Alla blir glada av Piña colada
Man röjer och hånglar på fest" by Markoolio: song on youtube

(Tanning and swimming in Piña colada

During summer life is at its best

Everyone becomes happy from/by Piña colada

Everyone parties and snog/make out during parties)

Not the best song, but it came to mind. From the 90's, so sentimental for me too.

Anyway, where was I? Right, I franticly figured out shipping for that one lady and that took up a lot of time.

I also technically took two 20-mins walks with shipping and grocery shopping in the middle, but I needed to do the shipping, I needed to do the shopping and I went by a pharmacy for some other things. Plus I returned expired medicine at the pharmacy which is where we recycle it in Sweden. Plus a couple of batteries got recycled.

So anyway, the kitchen is left and I added it to the list tomorrow. It is only really two places in the kitchen that will be hard, or rather annoying: the cleaning/supplies closet and the pantry (because I used the lower part as storage for things). Shouldn't take more than an hour, but it was an hour I didn't have today since I finished the office at just before 21:00 and I needed dinner still.

Still not finished the salad part of my dinner. I had ham and small pancakes with lime curd (to finish off the curd), and salad on the side.

Here is a picture of small pancakes, which we call plättar in Swedish (plural):

Pl%C3%A4ttlagg.jpg

• Like 6
36 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Except in two weeks I hope to be sipping a piña colada by the pool in Costa Rica.

Things I wish I could say...

36 minutes ago, Dagger said:

I also technically took two 20-mins walks with shipping and grocery shopping in the middle, but I needed to do the shipping, I needed to do the shopping and I went by a pharmacy for some other things. 

Walking still counts when it's for errands!

Pancakes look tasty.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Severine said:

Things I wish I could say...

This made me laugh out loud. #Sorrynotsorry

17 minutes ago, Severine said:

Walking still counts when it's for errands!

Yeah, the walking was good, but it did also take a bit of time from decluttering which was what I was getting at. ^^

18 minutes ago, Severine said:

Pancakes look tasty.

They was tasty. Although I'd never do them myself, well I'd do normal Swedish (aka thin) pancakes, but not the small ones because that is a lot of work.

• Like 2

So I decided to count how much tea I have for fun. I don't know why, I just wanted to know.

I have 24 1L ziploc bags (most of them are half empty) and 3 small tins (Kusmi!). 3 of the ziploc bags hold tea bags.

So I have 24 containers (tins and bags) with different loose leaf tea. And no I'm not a hoarder, I drink them (well, I haven't started on all but that is because I'm trying to reduce the number, lol).

large_kusmi.jpg

• Like 6